Getting back into Oblivion

z4m0lx3s

After about 4 years I decided to reinstall Oblivion and start almost from scratch with the mods selection. I was simply amazed how much development occurred since I last played the game.

As a base, my previous install had Colourwheels Oblivion overhaul, Lovers with PK, the full MBP suite (holly number of hours I spent making sure all the races were working), DMRA stock replacers and extra armors.

The new setup has Nuska's Oblivion Character Overhaul V2 with Seamless Equipment and Races, LPAF, and DMRA stock replacers and extra armors.

I'd like to thank you gregahit for making LPAF so much simpler. And fejeena for the no MBP patches to BU and Crowning Isle. I was only keeping MBP around for those two mods, and you saved me a LOT of texture aggravation. And also all the modders that created every single mod for this game, there are too many to list.

Do you guys have any recommendations for new mods? I am thinking along the lines of Wyrmstooth or Faalskar for Skyrim. I already have the usual suspects (OBSE, DarnUI, unofficial patches, blockhead, TESMM, pluggy, menuque, etc). I am looking for expasive quests that offer new lands and quests.

And maybe a new leveling system. I am not sure I want to grind away every skill in order to max all the stats. I'd like to just play the game and enjoy it.

Thanks again, without all of the game modders, I may have never picked up Oblivion again.

Oblivion Reloaded (used to be OBGE)

All Natural Weather (requires bashed patch and works excellent with Immersive Interiors)

Immersive Interiors series (lets you see weather and some landscapes through windows in most places)

Sensual Walks (gives females an assortment of different feminine walks)

Shezries Towns (huge mod with 5 or so towns and quests and npcs)

Oblivion Uncut (restores some cut content Bethesda didnt finish for some reason or other)

Oblivion Content Restoration Project (does more of the same stuff that Uncut does)

Qarl's Texture Pack III Redimized - QTP3 R

Oblivion - Enhanced Camera

Those are my personal must haves. All of them can be found on Nexus

Oblivion Reloaded (used to be OBGE)

All Natural Weather (requires bashed patch and works excellent with Immersive Interiors)

Immersive Interiors series (lets you see weather and some landscapes through windows in most places)

Sensual Walks (gives females an assortment of different feminine walks)

Shezries Towns (huge mod with 5 or so towns and quests and npcs)

Oblivion Uncut (restores some cut content Bethesda didnt finish for some reason or other)

Oblivion Content Restoration Project (does more of the same stuff that Uncut does)

Qarl's Texture Pack III Redimized - QTP3 R

Oblivion - Enhanced Camera

Those are my personal must haves. All of them can be found on Nexus

I do have Sensual Walks on this install. Colourwheels was taking care of that on my previous playthrough.  Enhanced Camera is a must as well. :)

I will give a try to some of the mods you listed. Thank you.

Keep in mind, I am playing at 1080p on a laptop GTX970m. A very decent video card, however it does have its limitations. Some mods may be a little too taxing.

Not really "new land" mods, but give Unique Landscapes, Region Revive and the HESU mod collection a look. They really make Cyrodiil worth exploring. There's some quests, but mostly they're just places to install.

Also Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina has quests and makes for a scenic route between Leyawiin and Skingrad.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd found a few that I personally recommend, on my recent reinstall;

Shakeida's Autoleveling - Need no sleep to level, and you can choose to level up on all skills or just your primary ones. Doesn't affect Colourwheels or modded skillbooks though, so you'll have to sleep to level after reading.

eek's Smithing Mod - you can actually buy or mine for ores to create vanilla armor and weapons. A little slow on the mining bit, but if you have any scripting ability you could probably change the rate of ore drops.

Faster Arrows and Spells - Really glad I hunted this down. Just as the name implies.

All found on Nexus.

Archived