That missing resource being KS Hairdos Renewal. Adding that in fixes the issue...

...but it's a huge mod to add for half a dozen people's haircuts. And I have load time issues already, so my preferred fix would be rolling back whichever mod is using it I think.

But MO doesn't have a change log as far as I can tell (one of the reasons I started this thread...ops!) so as it isn't the one I thought it was (AR Heroines) then I'm not sure what the culprit is. It's affecting Janessa, Yosalda and Irelith in whiterun as well as a few others.

if you have TES5Edit, you can use it to figure out which mod it is (most likely)

don't worry you wont actually edit anything at this time (this is just to find the mod)

to do so

0 get a pencil and scratch piece of paper

1 start TES5Edit (with your whole load order)

2 wait for background loader to finish (this may take a couple of minutes)

3 click skyrim.esm on the left pane of TES5Edit

4 click non-player character (actor) on the left pane

(looking at the left side that you just expanded there should be 3 columns visible (form id, editor id, and name)

5 scroll down thru the name column until you find one of the affected people

6 click on that person (the right side will have a list of all mods affecting that person, just look at the top of the right side and read from left to right)

7 write down which mods affect that person (this is the reason for the paper and pencil), other than the game, dlcs, and usleep.

8 repeat steps 5, 6, and 7 for each person you know is affected

9 exit TES5Edit (if it asks to save any changes to plugins tell it NO, it should not but just in case it does)

10 compare list you just made and find which mod affects them all.

the 3 you mentioned (Ysolda, Janessa, Irelith) are unusual (in my experience)  to have in combination, so you will (hopefully) only have a single mod

affecting them all.  if you have more than one it will take a bit more work to see which it is (trial and error time).

hope this helps

if you have TES5Edit, you can use it to figure out which mod it is (most likely)

to do so

(snip)

Ah, now that is a neat trick.

I bet I can use that for investigation into other bugs too. ACE!

Infact, I wonder if I can do that process backwards and just see which mods are using 'KS Hairdos Renewal'...

So, a quick run around whiterun with KS Hairdos Renewal disabled reveals the problem affects (at least) the following NPCS:

Yosalda, Uthgerd, Ria, Njada Stonearm, Jenassa, Irileth, Carlotta Valentina, Aela & Adrianne.

TES5Edit tells me they are affected by the following:

• Yosalda: ERSO 09 - Rus-NPCs Overhaul.esp, NPC Overhaul V2, BTRH_waifu, Bijin Wives, BijinAIO
  • Uthgerd the Unbroken: ERSO 09, SBF All IN One, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO, AR Heroines
  • Ria: ERSO 09, SBF all in one, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO, AR Heroines
  • Njada Stonearm: ERSO 09, SBF All in One, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO, AR heroines
  • Jenassa: ERSO 09, SBF All In One, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO,
  • Irileth: ERSO 09, NPC Overhaul V2, The Ordinary Women, Bijin NPCs, BijinAIO
  • Carlotta Valentina: ERSO 09, NPC Overhaul V2, The Ordinary Women, Bijin NPCs, BijinAIO
  • Aela:ERSO 09, SBF All In One, Bijin Warmaidens, Bijin AIO, AR Aela REplacer
  • Adrianne: ERSO 09, Sexlab Stories, NPC overhaul V2, Bijin NPCs, Bijin AIO

Which is where it gets odd. There are a couple of common themes here - ERSO 09 (Belonging to 'Skyrim NPC Overhaul Legendary Edition' (*), the other being Bijin AIO, belonging to 'Bijin AIO improved Bards Patch'. But in some cases AR Heroines should still be overwriting them.

The first of these is up in the middle of my load order with the AI tweaks and extra quests - it's in there because it makes quest & vendor NPCs 'protected', and upgrades the stats of a bunch of other NPCs like bandits, forsworn, guards etc to increase the chances of Defeat and allow running away etc. It isn't actually an 'npc replacer' for purposes of this issue.

And Bijin AIO falls into the 'known good' category. I'm pretty sure it's been in my load order for a while now. The core 'Bijin warmaidens', 'Bijin NPCs' etc mods certainly have. I've added 'Bijin All in one Legendary' as on re-reading the page it wasn't clear if the bards edition was just a patch or the full version corrected for Improved Bards. The mod page on nexus also suggests the improved bards version is now discontinued, but I use improved bards as well so I guess it stays.

Neither of them make any reference to KS hairdos as a requirement or even giving credit for it's use.

I tried removing either/both of them anyways, and it didn't seem to help - it was only adding KS Hairdos Renewal back in that resolved the problem, even with both of them disabled.

(*) = Note, there are several different 'skyrim NPC overhaul's around. And I think i'm using at least two of them!

modlist.txt

loadorder.txt

1 I bet I can use that for investigation into other bugs too. ACE!

2 Infact, I wonder if I can do that process backwards and just see which mods are using 'KS Hairdos Renewal'...

3 So, a quick run around whiterun with KS Hairdos Renewal disabled reveals the problem affects (at least) the following NPCS:

Yosalda, Uthgerd, Ria, Njada Stonearm, Jenassa, Irileth, Carlotta Valentina, Aela & Adrianne.

TES5Edit tells me they are affected by the following:

• Yosalda: ERSO 09 - Rus-NPCs Overhaul.esp, NPC Overhaul V2, BTRH_waifu, Bijin Wives, BijinAIO
  • Uthgerd the Unbroken: ERSO 09, SBF All IN One, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO, AR Heroines
  • Ria: ERSO 09, SBF all in one, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO, AR Heroines
  • Njada Stonearm: ERSO 09, SBF All in One, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO, AR heroines
  • Jenassa: ERSO 09, SBF All In One, Bijin Warmaidens, BijinAIO,
  • Irileth: ERSO 09, NPC Overhaul V2, The Ordinary Women, Bijin NPCs, BijinAIO
  • Carlotta Valentina: ERSO 09, NPC Overhaul V2, The Ordinary Women, Bijin NPCs, BijinAIO
  • Aela:ERSO 09, SBF All In One, Bijin Warmaidens, Bijin AIO, AR Aela REplacer
  • Adrianne: ERSO 09, Sexlab Stories, NPC overhaul V2, Bijin NPCs, Bijin AIO

4 Which is where it gets odd. There are a couple of common themes here - ERSO 09 (Belonging to 'Skyrim NPC Overhaul Legendary Edition' (*), the other being Bijin AIO, belonging to 'Bijin AIO improved Bards Patch'. But in some cases AR Heroines should still be overwriting them.

5 The first of these is up in the middle of my load order with the AI tweaks and extra quests - it's in there because it makes quest & vendor NPCs 'protected', and upgrades the stats of a bunch of other NPCs like bandits, forsworn, guards etc to increase the chances of Defeat and allow running away etc. It isn't actually an 'npc replacer' for purposes of this issue.

6 And Bijin AIO falls into the 'known good' category. I'm pretty sure it's been in my load order for a while now. The core 'Bijin warmaidens', 'Bijin NPCs' etc mods certainly have. I've added 'Bijin All in one Legendary' as on re-reading the page it wasn't clear if the bards edition was just a patch or the full version corrected for Improved Bards. The mod page on nexus also suggests the improved bards version is now discontinued, but I use improved bards as well so I guess it stays.

7 Neither of them make any reference to KS hairdos as a requirement or even giving credit for it's use.

I tried removing either/both of them anyways, and it didn't seem to help - it was only adding KS Hairdos Renewal back in that resolved the problem, even with both of them disabled.

1 - yes you can

2 - in fact you can do this, but it is not as simple

you would have to check which mods have it as a "hard" requirement (would cause CTD without it)

or which just use stuff (probably just textures in your case) making it a "soft" requirement (game works but has issues, normally missing textures

cause a purple issue), which means TES5Edit (and Wyrebash) will not list it as a missing master.

to find which use it as a "soft" requirement means tracking down which mod uses textures for it which is not simple (you would have to chase down

the individual texture paths for each npc affected (one npc at a time and one mod at a time, a very time consuming and slow process that I don't

remember how to do offhand)

some mod authors have been known (rarely but it happens) to forget to state that it uses assets form another mod (which is what I think happened

here) which can cause confusion to people who don't know how to check for themselves when they get unusual bugs.

3 - the common themes do at least help to narrow down which mods are the most likely culprits

4 - this is odd indeed, but I do not know enough to be sure what is causing this behavior

5 - if it changes a npc (in any way) it must be included, because it may in fact be causing a revert of looks

6 - with the Bijin AIO mods esp activated you should (if you have not) deactivate the esp files (just the esp files not the mod itself) for Bijin Warmaidens,

Bijin Wives, and Bijin NPCS, the AIO esp file actually replaces those 3 esp files in load order (the mod must come after those 3 though).

7 - I have never run across any Bijin mod using KS Hairdos (or any of its assets) before so they are unlikely to be the culprit. the only 2 mods you have

that affect all of them look to be ESRO 09, and Bijin AIO.

one way to tell which mod is causing the problem is to make a save game (a new hard save made just for this purpose) with one of the affected npcs

visible (so you can check more quickly),

with KS Hairdos Renewal removed you would then try deactivating one single esp at a time and check to see if the npc is still the same (if the npc is

not affected reactivate the esp and deactivate a different one). you will know when to check the rest of the npcs when the visible one has changed

(they may look correct {no purple but look good otherwise} or they may have a grey face bug).  if you find a single esp file that causes all the affected

npcs to be changed when it is removed you will have found your culprit.  if no single esp is the culprit see A below

A - from the sounds of it you are actually running into a problem I had once (a mod not overwriting other mods like it is supposed to).  this exact problem

is what actually led me to learning how to make a merged patch.

if this is your problem, as much as I hate (and I really do mean that) saying this it is sounding like you will have to make a merged patch (this is indeed

the last resort fix) to fix the issue.

if you want I can (hopefully in simple terms) post how to make a merged patch (at least for looks), but be warned doing so is time consuming.

This is it. The Bijin mods fall into the 'known good' category. I think they all use their own assets, as I'm pretty sure they were in my load order before some of the recently added NPC/follower overhauls (there is a thread somewhere here about 'best looking followers', I might have gotten carried away...) Which means no Apachii hair, no KS hair needed - nothing.

The only hair pack I had up until recently was "KS hairdos - HDT physics" and I would kinda like to get back to that.

But at this point I think the two best choices are:

• Accept it and move on with my life.
  • or
  • Pull the whole lot, then add them all back very carefully one at a time.

I will probably have to face up to option 2 at some point, but for now now it looks like about 1gb of hair textures in my load order it is.

I wonder how much difference it does actually to make to load times? Presumably it affects startup as MO does it's virtual directory hijacking thing but in play surely they are used 1 haircut at a time?

one way to tell which mod is causing the problem is to make a save game (a new hard save made just for this purpose) with one of the affected npcs

visible (so you can check more quickly),

with KS Hairdos Renewal removed you would then try deactivating one single esp at a time and check to see if the npc is still the same (if the npc is

not affected reactivate the esp and deactivate a different one). you will know when to check the rest of the npcs when the visible one has changed

(they may look correct {no purple but look good otherwise} or they may have a grey face bug).  if you find a single esp file that causes all the affected

npcs to be changed when it is removed you will have found your culprit.  if no single esp is the culprit see A below

That's pretty much my diagnostic process.

1. Save the game in a fairly small cell (typically the drunken huntsman)
  2. Clean the save, reload and resave.
  3. Quit.
  4. enable/disable suspect mods in the left hand pane of MO
  5. restart, load the cleaned save and look for changes.
  6. Repeat steps 3+ ad infinitum banging my head against the desk in frustration.

Which should let me do some A-B-A testing.

But i've encountered issues with that before, in trying to work out a conflict with the walls in whiterun. The sides and tops don't match right now.

I think it's a conflict between Tamriel Reloaded and Summer Skyrim.

I think summer skyrim gives me lovely long grass and plants everywhere - but also replaces the tops of the whiterun walls.

If I put it before TR then I lose the grass, after TR then I get annoying mismatched walls.

But I was never able to actually get A-B-A to work.

I think i'm missing something about how MO rebuilds itself and it's virtual directories and need to force this rebuild somehow after "step 4" but because i'm missing it I don't know quite what is going on.

I spent a bunch of yesterday getting my head around Merge Plugins for other reasons - turns out i'm within spitting distance of the 255 plugin limit. It mostly just worked when launched within MO, but MO doesn't seem to refresh it's plugin list until you create a new mod out of the overwrite directory. It took me a little while to work out that was what was going on.

As a result I've also discovered the 'optional esp' tab when you double click a mod in MO in order to disable esp's that are now part of the merge. Seems like an excellent way to lose track of them completely, but also seems to work!

I've also started playing through Slaverun. Didn't manage to get the Walk of Shame quest to work - speaking to Belamy didn't seem to trigger anything so ended up forcing it through setstage and missed a bunch of what looked like a nicely twisted quest arc. Oh, and I've picked up a CTD issue somewhere there as well...grr... I had a quick look at the papyrus logs, but nothing jumped out. Then again, I don't quite know what I am looking for.

How is your game doing anyways?

Papyrus.0.log

Papyrus.1.log

•  
  •  

I spent a bunch of yesterday getting my head around Merge Plugins for other reasons - turns out i'm within spitting distance of the 255 plugin limit. It mostly just worked when launched within MO, but MO doesn't seem to refresh it's plugin list until you create a new mod out of the overwrite directory. It took me a little while to work out that was what was going on.

As a result I've also discovered the 'optional esp' tab when you double click a mod in MO in order to disable esp's that are now part of the merge. Seems like an excellent way to lose track of them completely, but also seems to work!

I've also started playing through Slaverun. Didn't manage to get the Walk of Shame quest to work - speaking to Belamy didn't seem to trigger anything so ended up forcing it through setstage and missed a bunch of what looked like a nicely twisted quest arc. Oh, and I've picked up a CTD issue somewhere there as well...grr... I had a quick look at the papyrus logs, but nothing jumped out. Then again, I don't quite know what I am looking for.

How is your game doing anyways?

1 - Merge Plugins Standalone is a good merging mod (for the most part), but some stuff it does not do so well on.

the 1.9x XEdit script for TES5Edit does basically the same thing, but it does it differently somewhat (don't ask me how I don't know), which means

some things that the Standalone won't do it will, and vice versa.

2-  I am currently playing thru Slaverun Reloaded 2.03 on the female slaver questline (I have done the slave questline for the 1.03 version and about

90% of it for the 2.03 version) because I have never played that questline before.  I had no extra trouble getting the walk of shame thing to trigger

correctly.  I do get the occasional ctd I didn't get before starting the mod (don't know why), but one thing I noticed (on my setup at least) is that

for some reason his scripts fire much later than I think they should (probably due to my mod load).  if you try to go thru a load screen before all

the scripts for the mod have caught up it will cause ctd.  the way I avoid that problem is to let all notices, scenes, and quest notifications actually

clear from the screen, then wait a minute or 2 more (sometimes 3 if it was a lot of them), then progress onward.  doing that seems to have cut over

90% of the new ctd I was seeing after starting the mod.

mostly my game works pretty well now (took me about a year to get it to that point though).

PERSONAL OPINION BELOW

A

mods that NEED a game built around them specifically (due to any or all of the following - compatability, heaviness of the mod, changes to playstyle required to play the mod, possible number of mods required{or possible for it}, changes to the Skyrim world, or other additional factors)

Shout Like a Virgin

Sanguine's Debauchery+

Maria Eden Prostitution

Tiefling (race mod by Depog)

B

mods that SHOULD have a game built around them for the same reasons listed above, but can be used in other builds (they either have configuration

or other options that make it possible, but probably should not be used with too many of the above mods at the same time).

PAHE (Paradise Halls Enhanced)

Slaverun Reloaded

Things In the Dark

AFS (A Forsworn Story)

C

mods that COULD have a game built around them.  they will work fine (with the right configuration) most of the time (even with 1-2 of the mods listed

above) but probably will take some time to tweak settings so that they don't overpower other stuff that is needed

Deviously Cursed Loot

Simple Slavery

Mia's Lair (Sexlab Sex Slaves)

conclusion would be any (or all) of the mods listed in C above will work (but you have to tweak them) in most setups, mods in B above can work (you

definitely have to work with them though), and mods in A above really need to have a game built around that particular mod.

PERSONAL OPINION CONCLUDED

ok then it probably is not graphics related.  you will have to search for ways to adjust the settings (in your ini file) so that it does not cause stack dumps.

just search here on LL and you can find a lot about that.  it sounds like it is mostly a papyrus load issue and I am sorry to say the only real way to reduce

that is to reduce mods that use papyrus.  the other way to help alleviate the problem is having more ram ..but if you already run 8G or more ram (not vram)

that wont really help (due to skyrim built in limitations). the other thing that might (just a possibility) help would be load order optimization (put like things together), so that most of your armor mods are together, weapon mods with weapon mods etc.  you wont be able to get that exact probably but it can help

a little bit.

there is a latency tool that will check how long it is taking papyrus to do stuff.  I just don't remember where I saw it offhand.

the only things I saw in your load order I did not like where

a - DAYMOYL - personal issues with that mod (so not a problem if you like it yourself)

b - did not see the MoreNastyCritters.esp file at all (you do need that file for creature "encounters")

c - you have a DisableBorders.ESM if all you are using that for is to disable Skyrim's borders it can be done with a  simple modification to the ini files

search for Folkstead (on nexus - it is a additional lands type mod) and on its page it tells you how to modify the ini files to get that effect.

in my game I do have a little lag on key drops, and things like that, but it is minor and easily bearable for me currently. I am attaching my current modlist

and load order for comparison purposes.

Could you tell me which mods you're using for danger when nude? I've checked your load order, but i couldn't find anything in this respect. I thought i have a lot of options here, but since i'm playing without cursed loot i feel... way too save. ;) But i have the feeling that DCUL is quite script heavy and i'm trying to find a setup that is somewhat lighter but still dangerous.

I do have DEC which works somehow, but it's still not a real replacement for cursed loots rape.

*edit: one mod that i'd recommend for this list is more devious quests. It's abandoned and has some functions which are quite script heavy, especially if you use them for NPCs as well, and i'm not entirely sure if it's much better when you turn them off via MCM, but... still works perfect if you're setup isn't too heavy already.

- main part: instead of prostituting in general, you can ask a bunch of NPCs for tasks if you wear devices. That can be to go around and ask if somebody wants sex, it can include some other stuff. Nothing that would force you to leave town, just some difference.

I believe one possible reward was keys, but when i tried it i got only gold, not sure if bad luck or bad memory.

- Slut madness: that the script heavy part. PC/NPCs can go crazy if their arousal is too high and just beg and fuck anybody (optionally anything).

That can be problematic if you're in the middle of a quest or dungeon and you lose player controls, but it can be turned off and if turned on, you really have to watch your arousal. ;)

- Some follower parts which i don't know very well, i almost never play with followers.

Valcon767 on 24 May 2017:

Merge Plugins Standalone is a good merging mod (for the most part), but some stuff it does not do so well on.

the 1.9x XEdit script for TES5Edit does basically the same thing, but it does it differently somewhat (don't ask me how I don't know), which means

some things that the Standalone won't do it will, and vice versa.

It seems like Merge Plugins has worked ok. No dramatic CTDs on load or obviously missing textures or anything.

It might be a bit more stable with slightly reduced load times, but I havn't been timing these things with a stopwatch so it's hard to tell.

I've tried to avoid doing anything too complicated with it. The first pass was just merging things like patches together to try and get the load count down a little bit, but then it occured to me that it might be worth merging some of the stuff I know is full of conflicts like all the NPC replacers and extra armour/weapons type mods. My logic was that if the merge resolved all of the conflicts on the standard 'last in, first out' approach as the load order did then I should be removing that process from the load order and only loading one of everything - hopefully resulting in reduced load times and increased stablility.

It's all very subjective and I'm chasing small gains these days so I can't tell if it was worth it or not. It didn't seem to dramatically break anything tho.

It's kinda a nice place to be, to have it mostly working. If someone is where I was six months ago, I think I can say 'You don't need it all, but start with bits X, Y & Z of the build and get stuck in' - rather than spending weeks tearing my hair out in frustration which was what mostly happened to me!

(slaverun snip)

I don't know what happened with the Walk of Shame quest, and I didn't think to save/check my logs at the time so I can't comment much further. I might try forcing it again later.

Slaverun otherwise seems to be mostly working, although it does seem to be one long fuckfest which gets kinda samey after a while.

However, having to go and do the thalmor embassy quest whilst naked, crippled and unarmed in order to get delphine to talk to me was ...ah...interesting...

mods that NEED a game built around them specifically:

Shout Like a Virgin

Sanguine's Debauchery+

Maria Eden Prostitution

Tiefling (race mod by Depog)

I'll second Shout Like a Virgin. Seems good from what I have played, but it does rather want to take over the game and make you do all it's stuff. So would work well if it actually was the focus of the game.

Sanguines I never had much luck with. Couldn't seem to make much happen when I was enslaved, and I've always ended up backing it out of the build due to engine load. Might be a good call for people looking for more in the way of an 'rp slavery thing that just happens to be in skyrim' rather than a 'skyrim game with added perversion'. Dunno.

Maria Eden I'm still kinda heartbroken about. The prostitution mechanism is SO VERY NICE. it's just a terrible shame it can't be made to play nice with the Devious framework, and therefore so much other stuff.

Tiefling I don't have any experience of.

mods that SHOULD have a game built around them, but can be used in other builds:

PAHE (Paradise Halls Enhanced)

Slaverun Reloaded

Things In the Dark

AFS (A Forsworn Story)

I have memories of trying Things in the Dark and not getting very far. I might just be imagining stuff tho.

PAHE & AFS I don't know.

Slaverun from a non-slave angle (ie being forced to leave whiterun the hell alone) could be an interesting dynamic in game I guess. From a slave angle, it does (unsurprisingly) seem to take over your life somewhat!

mods that COULD have a game built around them.  they will work fine most of the time

Deviously Cursed Loot

Simple Slavery

Mia's Lair (Sexlab Sex Slaves)

Imho you missed Defeat from that list.

But otherwise, yes, they do all integrate nicely into the game.

I wouldn't be without Cursed Loot certainly.

Simple Slavery mostly exists to hook into Death Alternative and give me the possiblity of things going spectacularly wrong if I die.

Captured Dreams integrates nicely into the game as well. It's just kinda there, and if you go there things happen and if you don't you can get on with your life without being railroaded.

PERSONAL OPINION CONCLUDED

So, erm, yeah. Sounds like I mostly agree!

Nazzzgul666 on 24 may 2017 said:

Could you tell me which mods you're using for danger when nude? I've checked your load order, but i couldn't find anything in this respect. I thought i have a lot of options here, but since i'm playing without cursed loot i feel... way too save. ;) But i have the feeling that DCUL is quite script heavy and i'm trying to find a setup that is somewhat lighter but still dangerous.

I do have DEC which works somehow, but it's still not a real replacement for cursed loots rape.

This is driven almost entirely by Cursed Loot for me, with some synergies from other things.

The idea is that, in itself, wandering around naked isn't a ticket to hell. But it does increase the chance of the ticket to hell happening for other reasons quite a bit.

Rape is enabled, with conditions of 2+ out of Dark, Nude, Restrained & Aroused.

This makes nudity a significant factor - After Dark and Naked is you already at risk. As is wandering around in the day Naked and Horny. And much like being naked, wandering around Restrained is just asking for trouble. Restrained and Naked means it's going to keep happening until you can do something about the restraints or put some clothes on...

Device dialog is enabled with a 33% chance of triggering and minium cooldown, but comments and actions restricted to 'visibly bound only'. Nudity aggrivates this by revealing devices that were otherwise hidden.

Both Rape and Device Dialog are setup so that if they do trigger, they may well result in more than just a sex sequence - devices, drugs, gang rape & bounties are all possible outcomes. Avoiding them is therefore a Good Thing, but being naked makes avoiding them a lot harder.

I use combat arousal so that fights generate arousal, but tend to try and avoid/eliminate many other sources that so I'm not just always maxed out at 100. I will be at the end of a dungeon or after slaughtering some bandits or something tho.

I tried Player Exhibitionist to force some more nudity, but it seemed like Player Exhibitionist was mostly triggering as a result of rape/device dialog, rather than the intended effect which was Player Exhibitionist triggering, making me naked, and then me getting rape etc as a result.

Just Sleep forces me to sleep, and nudity is set to tripple that risk in DCL. So suddenly I can't even rest safetly in taverns...

Defeat also interacts well with nudity, as not having armour makes you a heck of a lot more vulnerable in a fight...As long as you disable the various spellups you get from collars etc that make you naked!

I simply havn't found anything that manages a lot of this as well as DCL.

There are other mods that mean that you WILL get pounced on for walking around naked, or walking around deviced or sleeping or whatever. But I havn't found anything else that makes it a game element to be thought about and managed as well as DCL.

more devious quests.

I've seen it, I've used it, I forget why it isn't in the load order right now.

It might simply have been to make headroom for other things.

I'll have another look at it.

@Nazzzgul666

some of the mods that take advantage of being nude (making it more dangerous, some also have other things they require {ie starting a conversation}) include:

Player Exhibitionist (for it to do its best job you need a minimum naked time and a maximum dressed time, and possibly adjustment to naked rape chance and overheating options)

DCL (Deviously Cursed Loot)

DEC (Deviously Enslaved Continued)

SL Kidnapped Redux

SL Dialogues

Slaverun Reloaded (I am using 2.03)

Dangerous Nights (can make you sleep naked then combined with Player Exhibitionist can cause even more problems {depending on your definition of problems})

Aroused Creatures

the 3 that trigger the most (just for being nude) for me would be DCL, DEC, and Player Exhibitionist

some of the above do require tweaking so they will take advantage, some will also make you naked

as for More Devious Quests it was removed to make headroom (I use the Sexlab Sexual Fame for some other mods to work with) but it does have the nice quests,

and you are right that the slut madness part does make it noticeably heavier to run (just turn that off and its much lighter)

most times I don't have a follower, and when I do it is usually just 1 (mainly to make DEC enslave me less when I am doing something I need to be able to finish)

@Lostdreamer

for the differences I noticed between the Merge Plugins Standalone and the 1.9x Xedit scr for TES5Edit it was only in how 2 things are handled

1 - face gen files (sometimes one is better than the other)

2 - scripts (again sometimes one is better than the other)

and I still don't know why one works better than the other at times

Tielfing  - is a Race mod that locks several perk trees off, changes how you heal (and when), and how people all over Skyrim react to you among other things.

Things in the Dark - the old version (cannot tell with new version due to not testing enough yet) did have some very rough spots in the beginning (had to know how to make it past those)

PAHE - this is for the PC to enslave others and with the additional mods available can make it quite interesting (train slaves, sell at auction, sell to mines, have slaves train slaves and more)

but to get the most out of that setup would take 4-10 esm/esp slots....kinda rough if you already have a heavy build

AFS - you become part of a forsworn tribe and have to work your way up through the ranks (different tribes have different focuses)

Slaverun Reloaded - yeah it is very heavy on the sex parts, but there is other stuff to do also (at least on the slaver questline) and it also does depend on which version you use (1.03 or 2.03 can make a big difference)

Maria Eden - I agree that I wish it was more compatible with devious devices (and those mods) but the mod creator made that choice so it is not likely to ever be better than it is now

Simple Slavery - that is an interesting mod, it gets hooked into from other mods (it does not do a lot on its own) and then sends you to other mods, but with the combinations available

you could in fact build a game around it, but I find its best used in a build as extra options

Player Exhibitionist - for it to do its best job it really needs both a minimum undressed time and a maximum dressed time (and with the overheating options it will eventually cause you

to become nude, and can make you nude while fighting with sometimes very interesting consequences {dropping your weapons in combat[eg]}).

edit

Defeat - for some reason I could never get the resist to work right (I could never manage to resist no matter what I adjusted) so I use DSV2 (Devious Surrender V2)

instead.  DSV2 works really well for me (for player losing) but does not have all the additional stuff Defeat does have (and Defeat could be built around).

Defeat - for some reason I could never get the resist to work right (I could never manage to resist no matter what I adjusted) so I use DSV2 (Devious Surrender V2)

Me neither. I never really understood the 'struggle' mech.

Iirc it also allows a short 'imprisonment' sequence afterwards where you have to struggle out, and the stuggle bar gets refilled if somone notices. This can be quite tricky if you lost to a large mob of bandits and there are lots of people around to notice...

I disabled it. The way I resist defeat is don't lose the fight. A significant part of Defeat's job in my game is to catch the 'dying in a fight' fail state for gameplay before it becomes 'you die, reload'. So I want it to trigger relyably - and I also don't want to be able to avoid it when it does.

Hello, I've been following your thead and It has been very helpful. I took a look at your load order pasted on May 22, and I've got a few suggestions. I'll apologize in advance if its changed significantly or these have already been addressed.

- You seem to run both Project Optimization ESM and ESP. This is not needed. One or the other should be enough, ESM being the better choice so that others mods may overwrite its changes and not cause problems.

- I see the High Res texture pack installed, with it's patch. I would highly HIGHLY recommended deleting it off your HD. Waste of space, badly optimized and there are hundreds of better alternatives that are much better optimized. I would recommend using http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57353/? for a base HD texture pack instead. The Unofficial texture patch is not needed if you use this mod since its incorporated.

-I assume that your load order is as printed in the txt, if so then many things seem to be out of order, or at least not in a optimal load order. Example, LAL should be pretty low in your load order, the only things below it would be patches for it that needed to be loaded after, your merged patch, bashed patch, skyproc patchers, Dyndolod.

-If your using a custom smim install, I would load those esps into merge plugins standalone and let it do its voodoo. Same goes for any mods with multiple patches, like Vivid Weathers.

-You seem to run alot of grass, landscape, tree overhauls. Without a custom patch made for all of them, I imagine that it might cause you problems down the road. Example, You have tamriel reloaded, which is overwritten by vivid landscapes, which is overwritten by SRG Enhanced trees( Which has a specific way needed for installing and running with Enhanced landscapes), which is overwritten by carribuegone, which is overwritten by SFO, which is overwritten by summer skyrim, which is overwritten by EL grass fields and grass(Grass fields esp should be below Grass esp), which is overwritten by whiterunholdforrests. This probably causes alot of unnecessary Vram usage and landscape conflicts.

- You use Jaysus swords with all of its esps, you can cut this back and improve your game by using Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49791/?. It integrates " Winter is Coming, Cloaks of Skyrim, Bandoliers - Bags & Pouches, Jaysus Swords, and JewelCraft have all been fully integrated, reducing the need for additional plugins and offering new customizable options." You just need to install each of those mods and deactivate the plugins, and when in game, open the CCOR MCM and there is a page for toggling the integrated mods on or off.

- You can merge all the small graphics mods that contain an esp(Embers, Hold banners, etc)

- You use :

DraugrSkirts.esp
AncientDraugr.esp
Merta Assassin Armor.esp
Cassandra Frost Witch.esp
Sotteta Huntress Armor.esp
Sotteta Necromancer Outfit.esp
Daedric Reaper Armor.esp

Thats 7 esp slots, where only 1 is needed. You can merge all your armor mods together, or use Legendary Armors - DeserterX Collection by cp44 http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76522/?. This mod integrates all of those armors and a few more into the leveled lists, hand placed and you can buy tomes for crafting from belethor.

- Additem menu is Extremely useful. Highly recommend using it.

- You use alot of Npc overhauls, and alot of them overlap/conflict. As has been stated, creating a tes5merged patch will do amazing things for your stability and consistency. By using one you can pick and chose which npc uses which overhaul, regardless of load order. Not to mention it will help you resolve alot of conflicts with other mods.

-MFG Console mod is very useful for debugging and finding problems with npcs.

Those are just a few things I noticed that might improve your game. I am in no way being critical, I just wanted to share my experience with you because I know what your going through and I've also spent the last year trying to create a sexy and stable skyirm. I am still in the process of optimizing my load order.

• 3 months later...

I just came back to modding Skyrim, even dual booted W7 for it. Found some more little mods to add later once I'm back on my PC. I will try Contraband and Better Stealing.

Currently I have Warzone 2015 installed with Loot & Degradation to make NPCs loot the dead bodies of valuables after the battle. I also use True Medieval Economics, Scarcity, Trade Routes and Trade & Barter to really bring in the gold sink. Never have I thought it would make earning gold very hard, will tweak as needed later.

I also have DCL for prostitution and Loansharks of Skyrim for emergency money (adjustable interest rate, payment deadline and penalties). Beside giving you bounties for being late, you could also hook it up to Simple Slavery if you want a slavery threat.

I will try to set my game towards the "rape is very bad" route. I like where that is going. I will probably add more to this once I am back to my PC, I have a lot of mods in use so can't remember them all lol

ok I am going to make a post here that is slightly off-topic: a personal review of anti-death mods.

this is a personal opinion and will state reasons and observations of the anti-death mods I have tested.

all mods (except DAYMOYL) are available here on LL ( I will state the main mods name for search purposes).

Note on how I level character normally - every 4 level I have added to Health 2 times and Magicka 1 time and Stamina 1 time for an average of health = stamina+magicka.

Reliability percentage is based on it working and avoiding the you died reload or reload due to it glitching (and being unable to do anything).

1 - DAYMOYL (Death Alternative You Money or You Life) - percentage 90-95% (any level)

a nice mod with a lot of options, that works better as a backstop to Defeat (or others) that combined with Captures can make for a interesting near death experience.

the main problem I have with this mod is that I kept having weird to nearly impossible to track issues with a lot of the other mods I use that I could never figure out.

upon removal of this (and all of its hard dependent mods {they cause ctd if it is missing}) something like 75-85% of all those issues I had had disappeared instantly.

after putting it back in load order and playing again the issues would reappear again.  they were never consistent and were devilishly hard to replicate.

some people use this and never have a problem.  does cover player suicide (death by falling damage or for unknown reasons {some archer hitting you from extreme distance}).

after effects (of avoiding death) depend on settings and other mods but has a nice selection.

2 - Sexlab Defeat 5.3.5 - percentage 50% (level 0-10) 60% (level 10-20) 65% (level 20-30) 85% (level 30+)

a very nice mod with a ton of options for the PC (for both winning and losing fights).  unlike most mods this one also has PC as victor options (other than kill the enemy).

at low levels (under level 20) it just never seemed to fire soon enough to work reliably enough for my personal taste.  by setting the health percentage it fired at high enough

I could increase the reliability of it significantly, but I would end up losing fights I know I should (and would) win easily (3 regular wolves at level 3 would be a 50/50 proposition).

also I could never quite get the resist mechanic to work correctly for me (using a X360 controller).  At higher levels it worked very well for me and was well worth using.

I just have to work through the problems at lower levels (until I have enough health to set it right).  does NOT cover suicide, falling or unknown caused damage.

after effects depend on settings and other mods, but again a nice selection.

3 - Deviously Cursed Loot (anti death feature) - percentage 60% (any level)

worked well against normally hostile enemies.  non normally hostile enemies (guard that I picked a fight with) it seemed to work about half as well against.

overall it worked well enough to be useful, but I personally just saw to many reload screens because it did not fire (or fired to slowly).  can be turned on and off.

does NOT cover suicide, falling, or unknown caused damage.

after effects depend on settings and not a whole lot of variety (that I saw at any rate).

4 - DSV2 (Devious Surrender V2 - Lite) percentage 99+% (i only saw it fail a single time in use ever) any level

a very lightweight anti death mod.  only prevents player death.  it DOES cover all player death reason I could find and test including suicide, falling damage, damage from

unknown reasons, and even other mods scripted player death scenes (that can be a bad thing).

after effects were few and not very varied and were in no cases long term.

5 - Naked Dungeons (anti death feature) percentage 99+% or 0% (if turned off) at any level

works about the same as DSV2 does with the same limitations with the added feature of being able to be turned on or off midgame (mod does not have to be removed).

after effects seem to be few and not a lot of variety.

personal rankings (for anti death mods not the individual mods as a whole for those with other features)

1 - Defeat - best overall (but may need to make some levels for it to work at its best)

2 - Naked Dungeons - a very nice choice if using the other features of the mod (if not and not using defeat just drop to number 3)

3 - DSV2 - a very nice lightweight mod that can work for most load orders and do so easily (if you want pc death to be available under any circumstances make another choice)

4 - DCL - a good choice if you already have the mod and do not want to add a mod just for anti-death (gawds I love this mod for all its other features).

5 - DAYMOYL - use with caution and/or if it is a hard requirement of other mods you use.

this post is a set of personal opinions based on playing the game with each of the mods in use for anti-death from start to a minimum of level 50.  the information here is provided for

others to use as reference and should in no way be taken as a criticism of any specific mod.  others will get (and have) different results based on personal gamplay, load orders and systems.

I second the warning about DAYMOYL. Too many times did that mod get me stuck in a deathless state, or stop me from attacking, or all manner of peculiar side-effects.

Personally, I use Defeat, but I would absolutely include Devious Surrender V2 if I could somehow turn off (or subordinate to Defeat) most of the on-death effects, and just keep the anti-suicide mechanic. Dying to suicide always bothers me, since it usually happens after a long, saveless period in the overworld.

Whew.  I've read through the entire thread..and picked up a few things - notably Defeat and DA and how to tie them together to avoid dying.  

Personally, I just prefer the old standbys as far as bondage goes - collar, shackles, and chains for the shackles, the occasional ballgag.  Not a fan of armbinds, belts or any of the extra stuff.  (i just don't find those posture collars to be "lore friendly" by any stretch of the imagination - ditto rubber suits)   How would I go about avoiding those entirely in my playthrough? 

Player slavery, non consensual sex and pregnancy are definitely my kinks.  The really big thing for me would be a NPC follower who's also my owner/master and I could still adventure.  The closest thing I can get to that is Andrew and Volkaar from Mia's Lair.  (although I'm trying to reduce Andrew's ridiculously sized penis with falmer potions from Schlongs of Skyrim mod.  It's the size of a party size sandwich loaf...ouch) 

And when does this Devious Aftermath come out?

Whew.  I've read through the entire thread..and picked up a few things - notably Defeat and DA and how to tie them together to avoid dying.  

Personally, I just prefer the old standbys as far as bondage goes - collar, shackles, and chains for the shackles, the occasional ballgag.  Not a fan of armbinds, belts or any of the extra stuff.  (i just don't find those posture collars to be "lore friendly" by any stretch of the imagination - ditto rubber suits)   How would I go about avoiding those entirely in my playthrough? 

Player slavery, non consensual sex and pregnancy are definitely my kinks.  The really big thing for me would be a NPC follower who's also my owner/master and I could still adventure.  The closest thing I can get to that is Andrew and Volkaar from Mia's Lair.  (although I'm trying to reduce Andrew's ridiculously sized penis with falmer potions from Schlongs of Skyrim mod.  It's the size of a party size sandwich loaf...ouch) 

DCL has such an extensive MCM that you can almost entirely eliminate equipment you do not want.  Additionally other mods usually have options in there MCMs that can allow or deny certain devices from being placed on your character.  Some you may only be able to eliminate the placement of devices on your character entirely, but still, you should be able to avoid particular devices, for the most part.  

You can try out Devious Followers Beta for a follower mod like the one you are seeking.  Maria Eden also has some of that, though it can be a bit tough to actually play the game with that mod active.  Submissive Lola also has some follower dominance, but that mod has been abandoned for a while and I wouldn't recommend it myself since it hasn't been updated in quite some time.  DCL's Leon/Leah can also be dominant followers, and if you play with the MCM some, you can reduce the brutality of their control to manageable levels.  Additionally the Dollmaker's daughter (Sarah if I remember correctly?) can be hired and persuaded to dominate your character, and vice versa.  Hell, Sanguine's Debauchery + can operate in this fashion to an extent, since you can opt to just stay enslaved for as long as you want, and after earning enough trust, your master will pretty much allow you to do whatever you want without interfering too much.

There are a ton of options out there, though few specifically designed solely for the purpose you are looking for.  Devious Followers is probably the closest though without being too intrusive to standard gameplay.

DCL has such an extensive MCM that you can almost entirely eliminate equipment you do not want.  Additionally other mods usually have options in there MCMs that can allow or deny certain devices from being placed on your character.  Some you may only be able to eliminate the placement of devices on your character entirely, but still, you should be able to avoid particular devices, for the most part.  

You can try out Devious Followers Beta for a follower mod like the one you are seeking.  Maria Eden also has some of that, though it can be a bit tough to actually play the game with that mod active.  Submissive Lola also has some follower dominance, but that mod has been abandoned for a while and I wouldn't recommend it myself since it hasn't been updated in quite some time.  DCL's Leon/Leah can also be dominant followers, and if you play with the MCM some, you can reduce the brutality of their control to manageable levels.  Additionally the Dollmaker's daughter (Sarah if I remember correctly?) can be hired and persuaded to dominate your character, and vice versa.  Hell, Sanguine's Debauchery + can operate in this fashion to an extent, since you can opt to just stay enslaved for as long as you want, and after earning enough trust, your master will pretty much allow you to do whatever you want without interfering too much.

There are a ton of options out there, though few specifically designed solely for the purpose you are looking for.  Devious Followers is probably the closest though without being too intrusive to standard gameplay.

nod nod ... Devious Followers Beta is the closest thing to what he wants for the enslaved but able to play thing I have seen (I am playing with it now)

after that probably the next 2 are DCL (Leon/Leah/Sasha {Dollmakers daughter}) with adjusted MCM settings.

Submissive Lola has not had an update in a long while but still does work well overall. 

for PC as a slave (other than what is already mentioned) I would suggest Celedhring check Simple Slavery and the mods it connects to as a starting point.

Started a new game with DCL installed...I had to tweak DCL as I went along...it made going through Bleak Barrow a drawn out affair as well as in Riftwood due to the sheer amount of attention directed towards my poor girl.   It definitely made the beginner dungeon far more interesting than it'd otherwise be if it was just a vanilla run and I'm seeing why the OP made an effort to avoid villages and towns. 

Still keep getting the occasional armbinder..which I don't really care for as it doesn't really fit in with the medieval/Viking vibe of Skyrim.   I had my devices set to iron/metal with padding/leather. 

In a vanilla game there really isn't any trepidation on my part in dealing with going into towns, villages, dungeons or even encountering men...now there's some serious trepidation every time I set foot in any of them on my PC.  It's just an heightened sense of tension and wondering "when is it going to happen to me again?"

Which mod should I use gag talk for ?  I'm trying to see how I can configure for DCL's gag talk only.   I can tell you that once I turned in the Golden Claw quest, my PC fled Riftwood as fast as she could although the guy she gave the claw to tracked her down just outside of the gate and gave her a sendoff with a pillory.   At least this time she wasn't adorned with any further chains or shackles cause she'd just finished getting them all off courtesy of Alvor.   Alvor did take it out of her ass though...

I did love the iron collar with the chains running out to pierced nipples.  I'm keeping that one for my PC.  

As for Andrew from Mia's Lair...he can get suffocating at times and there's sort of a bug that makes him undismissable at level 1.   The only way I could get rid of Andrew was to console disable him for that save game.  That probably made him disappear but set playerfollowercount to 0 didn't work. 

Somewhere in the MCM for DCL are parameters for each item, maybe the devices tab?  There you can choose to disable armbinders, among other things.  You can adjust the probability of each individual item type being added too.  That will only work for DCL events though.  You may want to disable toe rubber doll quest, the zipsuit, and other full body suits too, as well as disable most DCL quest events, since they all involve armbinders and/or chastity belts (For example, bondage adventure and damsel in distress).   

I keep DCL's gag talk active personally.  It's fairly short, and has some negative consequences which I like.  DD also has a speech minigame which is probably active in your game, where you have to go through a random dialogue tree until it says something like (use your body language).  I don't like this one as much, since it usually just causes you to attempt a speech line multiple times until the RNG works out in your favor.  

I can't recommend a gag mod myself, since I haven't tried any.  Be careful if you are thinking of installing Maria Eden though.  With that mod active, gagged speech will be impossible, which can severely hamper vanilla gameplay.  Maybe there is a workaround, but I don't know it.  

This is for the OP since she mentioned Jaysus' Swords.

I would offer some of my own preferences and see if you like them.

The Valkyrja Sword 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54744/?

This sword is modeled after an actual sword found in a Norsewoman's grave in Finland.  It's a very ornate sword and extremely gorgeous to look at.  Comes in either one handed or two handed version.

The Chronicles of Steel (TCOSS) 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12506/?tab=3&selected_game=110&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D12506%26user%3D1%26gid%3D110&pUp=1

Many of the swords in that mod are based on reproductions of actual Norse swords notably the Berserker, Gramr, Norrland and the Gotland.  My PC dual wields two Berserker swords and they're beautiful especially with the damascened steel patterns of the blades.  The grips are very well done too. 

As for armor. I used the Ancient Nord Chainmail for CBBE (yeah I know chainmail would chafe the tits..)  and for the helm, I used The Warlord's Battlecrown from Hothtrooper's excellent Immersive Armors.  (It's the saber tooth tiger helm)  To complete my girl's outfit, I use Steel Plate Gauntlets and Boots. 

This is the armor and weapon set I use for all of my characters. (including SSE, but TCOSS isn't available in SSE)

• 3 weeks later...

Just chiming in with gold-sink idea. It's all role playing, so it won't fill up your mod-list or cause conflicts.

What are the odds that clothes or armor from a random mob are going to fit you? Especially if you're a huge hulking orc or a petite little Breton? I role play through this dilemma by selling and buying back clothes and armor, to simulate having them re-sized to fit your PC. Since it's all role play you can easily play around it if you want ("that bandit's about my size, his boots should fit me"). With the right Trade and Barter setting it could be a HUGE gold sink, and sometimes you might find something that you won't be able to afford to re-size for a while (which would lead to it being stolen with the right mods).

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/1/2017 at 6:43 AM, Regallag said:

Just chiming in with gold-sink idea. It's all role playing, so it won't fill up your mod-list or cause conflicts.

What are the odds that clothes or armor from a random mob are going to fit you? Especially if you're a huge hulking orc or a petite little Breton? I role play through this dilemma by selling and buying back clothes and armor, to simulate having them re-sized to fit your PC. Since it's all role play you can easily play around it if you want ("that bandit's about my size, his boots should fit me"). With the right Trade and Barter setting it could be a HUGE gold sink, and sometimes you might find something that you won't be able to afford to re-size for a while (which would lead to it being stolen with the right mods).

Would this enforce your equipment restriction? It adds level requirement to different tier of equipment to wield effectively, not meeting that would add penalty such as heavy encumbrance or less damage etc.

On 3/22/2018 at 2:21 AM, mariolonos said:

Is this build possible on the special edition?

I don't think its possible until Devious Device starts to get ported over to SSE.

10 hours ago, Zydar said:

Would this enforce your equipment restriction? It adds level requirement to different tier of equipment to wield effectively, not meeting that would add penalty such as heavy encumbrance or less damage etc.

I've always thought that level restrictions don't really make sense from a role playing perspective. If I can use, say, a poleaxe, what does it matter what it's made out of, or if it's enchanted? Those things might be put in for the sake of balance, but they don't work for role-playing.

What I was talking about was physical size. A five-foot tall Dragonborn woman won't be able to wear the armor that a six-and-a-half-foot tall orc bandit was wearing. Ditto for a seven-foot tall Altmer Dragonborn and a five-foot-four Breton necromancer.

Archived