Just wanted to drop a note to say I appreciate this thread. I'm looking to make a mostly non-combat, mostly thievery-centric overhaul/mod build with a bunch of LL stuff factored in to see how it goes -- ostensibly for when I jump to the 64-bit version, but possibly for the 32-bit version if stuff doesn't port over -- and there's a lot of good stuff in this (and the linked slavery) thread. Thanks. :)

Just wanted to drop a note to say I appreciate this thread.

My pleasure. Glad to be able to help, and hopefully you can end up with a robust and playable game much quicker than I have!

I think some of the core 'lessons learned' so far are:

Maria Eden, Sanguines Debauchery or Cursed Loot - pick one and build around it. ME and the Devious family are mutually exclusive, and SD seems to be very resource intensive so would benefit from a much leaner build.

Contraband is more of a game changer than it looks, as suddenly not being able to profit from tomb robbing / murdering mobs of bandits does alter cash / item flow significantly.

Likewise for a combination of Just Sleep/RND & A significant increase in tavern prices - it encourages you to find and use all the random wilderness bolthole locations.

On the links subject, helpful sites I have found so far are:

The step project: http://wiki.step-project.com/STEP:2.2.9.2 . These folks have clearly put a LOT of effort into building a robust and stable modded game. If in doubt, do it their way.

The Elder Scrolls General. http://www.tesgeneral.com .A website full of interesting mods that the author has reviewed. I found some cool stuff here.

Gameplay Enhancement Mods (GEMS) http://skyrimgems.com/ . Again, less a build guide, and more a catalog of interesting mods.

Skyrim Beautification Project: http://skyrim-beautification-project.com/ .It's a graphics centric build, but much like the STEP project - it looks like a very well thought out one, so following their ideas is probably a Good Plan.

Nexus Ultimate Modding Guide, Gamplay: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77928/? . There is a Graphics Guide as well. Again, probably well worth a look to crib ideas from.

...I'm sure there are several I've forgotten as well.

----------------------------------

....Anyways. News of the day.

I'm still having trouble with MO. Or I think it's MO. Weird issues I didn't have before.

Still can't make textures install/uninstall cleanly, and now having odd MCM problems.

Tried updating the base horse texture. No sign of the new texture in game. Well, right up until I saw someone riding along on fresh air...not even a purple horse, just nothing.

The texture issues also make my previous savegame unplayable - purple dovahkin butt just isn't a good look.

But that isn't what is making me double take and suspect something wierd is going on. Alongside testing Taxes of the Nine Holds (*) I reinstalled Prison Overhaul.

Couldn't get it to work quite right, and only saw half the PO MCM menu. Didn't think much of it and assumed I'd cocked up the patch order or something.

Then I realised I no longer have fast travel. Or, for that matter, an MCM menu for Complete Fast Travel Overhaul. Refresh MCM, no joy. Reinstall Fast Travel Overhaul. No joy. Pull Fast Travel Overhaul - still no fast travel. Unlike some other areas where I am using several mods in parallel to get sympathetic effects the only real suspect is Complete Fast Travel.

I think there is something odd / picky about how MO handles and loads mods that I'm not expecting.

I'm setting the data directories and MO seems happy with them, but...something clearly isn't quite right.

Of course, as usual, I don't know what or I would fix it!

Beyond chasing out stability issues from the rebuild etc, it's also becoming clear I am at the point of chasing deminishing returns in terms of improvements etc. But then part of the fun of a modded game is that you do get to try out new and interesting things and experiment lots.

* = Which will work as an active gold sink, but the courier doesn't seem very good at collecting the taxes so you may end up with random bounties...

• 3 weeks later...

Guess I should probably wrap this up and post a 'semi final' build at some point, given I seem to actually have a playable game these days. (hence the lack of 'it's broken!' posts recently!)

I'm still struggling a bit with textures in MO,  but I'm pretty sure it's my doing and not a build issue.

The lack of a diaglog tree to simply removed Devious Devices I have picked up on my adventures remains a bit of a gap. I could sit down and get to grips with the creation kit and write one ( "how hard can it be?" lol ) but the object of the exercise was to try and build a playable modded/kinky skyrim game so opening that tin of worms might be an error.

Recent changes?

• Removed Devious Training (again). I'm in a do-i-don't-i indecison with this mod. On the one had, it gives cool added depth/trouble to Devious Devices. Otoh, the debufs can be a bit ott and it's more script heavy than it seems (hence why it was pulled.)
  • Removed Legacy of the Dragonborn. Similar reasons. It does add some cool items, and having a museum in which you can store loads of your quest treasures is ace. But it is huge, and did come up in some of the save game logs as a bit of a resource hog. I don't think it added enough to the game to justify itself.
  • Added Amorous Adventures. How did I forget this mod? It's hilarous, strongly story driven and encourages you to get out and explore/do quests you may not otherwise do. Keep the walkthrough handy tho, because the conditions to trigger some of the quests arn't always that obvious.
  • Added Combat Arousal. Which makes you horny when you kill people/things. Interestingly, this is something that does happen in real life - to do with feelings of mortality or whatever. Anyways, it neatly fixed a game balance issue I hadn't quite realised I had - finding the 'sweet' spot for some of the Rape tiggers in Cursed Loot. This means you leave fights with high arousal, and therefore may well have one of the conditions met before worrying about if it's dark or you are tied up etc. It gives you one more kinky thing you have to bear in mind (how to manage that arousal risk), and means you have to start sneaking around at night or being a lot more careful when tied up. All good stuff.
  • I've discovered and added Pretty Combat Animations / Pretty Motion Collection for some more interesting stock gameplay animations. I'm looking for a nice sumersaulting forward jump, but other than that we have dragonborn summersaulting all over the place and frolicing through combat adorably.
  • Edited the WearAndTear_Damage file buried in Apropos's install, and doubled almost all the numbers. As a result, Apropos seems to be responding a lot better to the levels of sex in this build and I have removed Sexlab Wear And Tear as redundant.

ETA:

Just added SKSE plugin Preloader & enabled waitbusyrenderer in enb.ini. Making a note incase I forget I've done it and they don't work as well as promised ;)

Why you didn't made a quest ?

For example, the player meet a person (follower ?) who will guide her into the descent into debauchery.

So, like a Domiant submissive relationship, except player will do things more and more extreme...

For example, they begins by just arousal and mastubartion, after random sex, prostitution in Inn, bestiaitly in the wilderness, working in the animal mansion, breeding horrors, etc...

And another thing : you can link it to all LL Quests mods !

For example, if you have Sexlab winterhold college, your task will be to get your dregree by offering sex to each teachers !

Why you didn't made a quest ?

Because at this point, I am still very much a mod user rather than a mod author.

This might be why I am having some of the challenges I am - I simply don't have the same understanding of the skyrim engine on a nuts-n-bolts level that many other people do.

That said, I assume I'm not the only one in that boat - one of the reasons for starting this thread.

I was hoping I could help shortcut the process for others by offering a starting point which should (mostly) work that they can then tweak to their needs.

I was also hoping to nail down a better diagnostic method than educated guesswork, but that's still pretty much where I am at!

Oh, and I had intended to document things a little better, if only to make my life easier when I am trying to work out what's gone wrong / do the inevitable rebuild-from-scratch.

I have now reached the point where I am considering jumping into learning how to use the creation kit. There are enough things I would like to try that I havn't found mods for that it might be a sensible next step.

• I'd like to extract the blacksmith dialog from Sanguines Debauchery into a standalone mod, and possibly expand upon it with other quests/options. However, that would be very much headed into 'using mods in way their authors didn't intend' and I havn't even spoken to the author of SD to get permission for such a thing.
  • I'd like to create some form of external time pressure to encourage you to run around the world with your hair on fire. It would probably resemble a barebones cross between the Pimp mech from Maria Eden and Loansharks of skyrim.
  • I'd like to significantly reduce the sale value of arms and armour, to both reduce the quanity of gold available to the player and to remove any incentive to carry the damn things around with the resultant inventory managment hastle.
  • I'd like to try disabling crafting / resource collection in the world both because player crafting doesn't fit with the style of game I am building, and in the hope of gaining some papyrus headroom by removing a large number of scripts (which are probably very well done and mostly doing nothing, so it may not make any difference).

...all of which is mostly irrelevant, as I havn't a clue where to even start doing such things. Given how frustrated I was/am getting about spending my time fixing/fighting the build rather than playing it, I'm also not sure that trying to write a mod is a valid solution to that particular problem - it's only going to open up a whole new level of 'wtf is going on?'.

I wasn't - and still am not - trying to offer anything new. It's an exercise in seeing what I can do with the toys/tools already in the toolbox, and hopefully creating a robust jumping in point for other people going 'Oooh, shiny! So many cool things! Must try!....opsie, I broke it. Again.'

So, shiny new Devious releases! Hurrah!

Opsie. I didn't take enough care when updating and broke my save.

So I took the opportunity to tidy up the install/load list a bit and then start a new game. This included removing a lot of the HDT support, as HDT boobies conflict with HDT hair. The two collide and you end up with freakish jumping tits.

Load & install order should be attached.

Actually quite happy with where I have got to. It's not perfect, but, you know, modded skyrim. It won't be.

It's still got decent loadtimes and seems pretty stable in play.

I can go into more detail if it would help anyone, but I get the impression I am currently mostly making notes here for my own reference/benefit.

modlist.txt

loadorder.txt

So I took the opportunity to tidy up the install/load list a bit and then start a new game. This included removing a lot of the HDT support, as HDT boobies conflict with HDT hair. The two collide and you end up with freakish jumping tits.

Load & install order should be attached.

Actually quite happy with where I have got to. It's not perfect, but, you know, modded skyrim. It won't be.

It's still got decent loadtimes and seems pretty stable in play.

I can go into more detail if it would help anyone, but I get the impression I am currently mostly making notes here for my own reference/benefit.

Why do you have so many version of the same mod installed? Like Prison Overhaul for example? Don't you just need the newest version? I know some mods require a base or to be overwritten? 

Why do you have so many version of the same mod installed? Like Prison Overhaul for example? Don't you just need the newest version? I know some mods require a base or to be overwritten?

In some cases (the recent Devious updates for example) I have multiple versions in the mod list, but am only using one version at once.

A lot of stuff in the mod list is sidelined for one reason or another. Maybe it's an adventure / dungeon mod I havn't got as far as trying yet, maybe it's come graphics that I tried, wasn't a huge fan of - but havn't got as far as deleting from the mod list yet.

In other cases, it's because they come with a raft of updates/patches. Ie there is the base Prison Overhaul mod, then there is the latest update, then there is a seperate patch.

As with so many other things, it's more complicated than I would like it to be. :s.

First, Lostdreamer, I gotta say, your posting here really helped focus my interest in the deviant side of Skyrim, so thanks a bunch for this thread! I've been working on my own set of mods that fit my desires, and have come up with some slightly different choices. However, I really love the idea of the combination of sex, bondage, submission, and money sinks to make a nicely balanced constant struggle to avoid a kinky doom. But first...

So that's what's causing it. Silly me, I'd thought Sanguine was just running around Skyrim invisible and constantly jiggling them titties while I watched just to see the look on my face. Out of curiosity, how do you solve the issue?

Okay, so after that, I'm gonna run down my list of things the way I do them that's different from yours, along with my reasons. In general, I'll ignore non-deviant mods, since I usually find those to be personal preference. I have a criteria for mods too: I like my mods to do one thing well whenever possible, and if a choice is available with both mods being equally functional, I'll choose whichever mod is most convenient to configure on a new save. Top points go to mods that have an import/export settings menu in the MCM. The exceptions to not listing non-deviant mods are Ordinator (Does one thing really well), and money sinks.

The goals of my playstyle:

• General freedom to move about as I need. This means enslavement mods are not really part of my playlist, though I have an idea for a slavery mod that would work with my play style just fine.
  • Inflation and Bestiality. Because they hit my kinks, though I try to limit the size to realistic proportions (no adiposians for me).
  • Economic scarcity. The combination of quest reward reduction, loot reduction, and money sinks should drive my cleric girl to prostitution. Early on I avoid whoring, but when money eventually gets tight, her legs will part for some coin. In keeping with the scarcity theme, though, this won't be the most profitable method of acquiring money, though it will be free of the risk of having devious devices put on her.
  • Non-restrictive devices only. Blindfolds, mittens, armbinders, yokes, corsets, gloves and boots are not welcome, at least as automatically applied equipment. If any of these devices do manage to get applied, despite settings to the contrary, I will do whatever I need to to remove them, including cheating. If necessary, I will safeword, and re-apply all other devices after the offending device is removed.
  • Vanilla Quests are important. Especially the main quests of the base game, Dawnguard, and Dragonborn. Deviant mods that severely restrict my ability to progress through the vanilla quests are generally to be avoided, within reason. About the worst offender of this at the moment in my modlist is the Forbidden Tome quest from one of the Devious Devices mods, since it prevents progressing through the Winterhold quest until after you've done a lot of running around. However, I consider that quest a vital part of Devious Devices, and an excellent quest in general, because it really hits on the best way to take advantage of a chastity belt.
  • Slow spiraling dive toward sexual doom. Early on, devices and sex should be inconvenient, but manageable, but over time my cleric girl should be reduced to a near perpetually aroused public fucktoy and desperate whore constantly trying to make enough money to be able to pay her taxes.

The deviant mods I use, and my reasons:

• Followers: I stick with just the Hot Male Housecarls mod. Because it turns Lydia into Ludwig, and that makes my cleric girl's chainmail panties moist. Toss in Extensible Follower Framework and now I never hear anything about burden swears or worry about if my hunk of protective man meat is trailing too far behind me. Special "bonus": With EFF, sometimes Ludwig practically runs right through my character. He really loves getting close. *swoon!*
  • Deviously Enchanted Chests: I feel like this is a nice lightweight alternative to Deviously Cursed Loot. It just traps devious devices on you and is nice to configure. No extra quests, no extra mod functions, no extra devices that are far harder to cope with. Much of Cursed Loot can be configured away, but some of it just can't. And the Cursed Loot quests are... overboard in my opinion. Fine if that's what a person wants in their deviant adventure, but not I. Only thing I wish it had was a settings export/import system.
  • No Empty Tag on empty containers: I haven't actually tested this one just yet, but as long as it works it's going in. Tested and it works perfectly. This way, Devious chests can be set to trap even empty containers, and I can't know which ones are actually empty. End result, more bondage explosions! BRILLIANT!
  • Deviously Enslaved Continued: This is my replacement for Cursed Loot's rape system. I think it does a better job, at least for what I want.
  • Radiant Prostitution: Replaces Cursed Loot's prostitution system. I like it, because A) it more clearly defines the idea that somebody else is making money off of my PC being on her back (madame gets 75% of the John's pay), it gives me a potential to avoid sex based on what apropos's wear and tear system says is bad for me (risky though, you can lose customers this way!). And it has radiant style quests for more skilled whores to get some variety in their personal debasement. As usual, most, if not all, of the mod is configurable, so you can definitely make it a low income method of paying for things.
  • One thing I miss from Cursed Loot is the option to pay to get released from bondage by a blacksmith. Personally, I'd like it if various vendors had restraint and chastity keys, and piercing removal tools. if the price could be configured on the keys/tools, then it would serve as a wonderful money sink. Alas, to my knowledge, no mod does this.
  • Skooma Whore: I have it toned down quite a bit right now, but that's mostly because I'd rather err on the side of caution until I get used to the long term results. Currently using slow addiction, 10 for the recovery slider, no blackout, and currently 10% chance of being drugged (that's the real wuss/timid side of this toes in the swimming pool test), no visual effects (which just look ugly in my opinion), and no withdrawal effects (not until they can be configured in MCM). However, 50% of the druggings will be high dose, so maybe that will make things interesting. Being drugged won't happen often in my current setup, but when it does, I'll always be a little scared that I just got hit with some major addiction. Whether this has a chance to force my PC into a spiraling drug addiction dive bomb, I'll have to see.
  • Estrus Chaurus + Spider: Yep. Though I turn off the Dwemer traps in Devious Chests, their animations just look... not very good nor very dwemer. Instead it's abundant tentacle rape for my no longer so innocent cleric girl! Residual breast growth turned on and set to 1.1 so my little B-cup cleric might just end the game with DDDs. Of course the belly inflation is there too, but I leave out the glutes, they're bouncy enough as it is.
  • Fill Her Up: Because nothing says debased cleric whore quite so well as a belly distended by a womb full of 20 men's seed and the fertile spawn of a chaurus. Obviously, with multiple paths to inflation, the SL Inflation Framework is also at play.
  • Aroused Creatures: It works very well, and it allows yet another variety of trouble for my poor cleric girl. I set the thing up to only interact with my PC and set it so creatures need a 50 arousal, and my PC needs 20.
  • SexLab Solutions: A nice method to use what SexLab gave my cleric girl to deal with situations that otherwise force her to take actions she doesn't want. Like whenever she meets an old orc man looking for somebody to give him a good death. My cleric girl makes sure he gets one last good fuck too!
  • Blush When Aroused + Blush When Aroused CE: With all the stuff happening to my cleric girl, she better damn well be blushing.
  • Dripping Wet: Another visual thing. I turn off squirting (personal preference) and the screen effects (aesthetic preference).
  • For the Masses: Extra ways to get devious gear into the world is wonderful, the keys it can add are appreciated any time early, but the devices themselves are also nice. Maybe the cleric girl isn't quite so innocent at heart...
  • Deviously Helpless: I'm pretty sure this is going to be my main way of dealing with defeat situations. Unless I'm just wrong about how it works, I much prefer the idea that if my girl loses, she gets banged then has to run away before the bad guys can get the pleased grins off their seedy faces. Also I really hate the idea of reloads, being sent to whichever nearest inn the script system thinks I wanna walk back from, etc. My hatred of reloads is what keeps Sexlab Defeat and DAYMOYL out of my mod list.
  • Apropos: I turn off Wear and Tear effects, but the tats and sex scene comments are necessities for me. While the end result is only cosmetic at best, the wear and tear stats are really useful for deciding where I hope my next assault goes. If I'm lucky I can even have a say in that. If it were possible to tone down the effect strength, I'd definitely add them back in. The amount of sexually related debuffs happening to my girl would make hardcore settings unthinkable.
  • Devious Regulations: Because a focused soldier girl is an effective soldier girl. Also, it gives me motivation to finish the civil war questline once I start it. Combined with Diverse Guards, and you get plenty of soldiers wearing chastity belts.
  • Devious Attributes: I really like this one, though I'm not sure if anything else interfaces with it. Might not be in a stable enough position for that just yet, but I really hope it gets there. For now, I just use this mostly for the mental wear and tear effects of all the filthy things that happen to my girl.
  • Emfy Cleric Robes: I use the UUNP Bodyslide patch for this one to make sure it fits perfectly, and I'm working on a devious compatible patch for it, to make sure the halo, skirt, cuisse, and underwear work correctly with devious devices. Specifically, the only one of those that should be influenced by DD at all is the underwear. Chastity belts now correctly displace the Emfy underwear in my patch for instance. One important thing I do with this is set up the body slot in DD's device hiding configuration to allow undies/chastity belts to remain visible under armor. And yes, I use the halo, because it's fun to watch somebody with a halo get dominated by a band of draugr. I still have to get the chainmail panties removed automatically any time harnesses are added (or adjust the panties so it looks like they are layered on top of the harnesses), and I had some unexplainable oddities with the cuisse (stockings?) that made them disappear, but still be considered equipped. I checked the DD device hider settings and none were set to hide the slot I moved these to, so I'm trying to decide if I want them to conflict with leg cuffs or not, which I think would solve the issue.

Money Sinks, the most important part of my playstyle, which I haven't got fully balanced or complete just yet:

• Trade and Barter: I'm trying to figure out my preferred settings for this, but so far I have fBarterMin/Max at 15/12, with a -70% buying price. I halve the gold that merchants have and I set the investment perks to cost double and be 40% effective.
  • Simple Taxes: Owning a horse, having followers, and owning houses should cost a weekly amount. for now I double the default costs, but I might fiddle with it more if that's not enough.
  • Scarcity - Less Loot Mod: Because I shouldn't be able to find so MUCH stuff. I'm going to try out 8x loot rarity and 6x merchant rarity on my next playthrough, which is a bit rarer than the choices recommended by the mod'd author.
  • Reduced Gold Rewards for Quests: Because some quest rewards are just silly.
  • Taxes of the Nine Holds: I wish this one would react automatically to certain events, but for now I just add weekly taxes for being a citizen of Skyrim. I only increase taxes on this for a hold my cleric's been to, and generally try to follow a rate of 50/level + any other adjustments I feel are worthwhile. The only downside to tax systems is that I feel disinclined to get mods to set realistic coin weights. You can get around the coin weights with Exchange Currency mod, but tax collectors in these two tax mods are completely oblivious to the bank notes from Exchange Currency mod.

Next, mods I ought to look into and see if they have a place in my modlist. Most, but not quite all of these are going into my mod list for testing:

• Sexlab Submit: I should look more into this, but it felt redundant with Deviously Helpless. Am I wrong? Also, when I last looked, it seemed to be about the PC doing things to NPCs, and that's a no in my playstyle.
  • I'm considering adding Soul Gem Oven III, Extra Pocket, and/or Being Female, but I took pity on her for now. But all of these are nice for adjusting the size of my girl, and the need for contraceptives in Being Female is also fun sounding. The biggest reason I'm avoiding these is because I want to avoid all the belly inflation mods somehow distending my cleric's stomach six feet in front of her and making it look more like a stalagtite rather than a horribly disfigured belly. (I know, I can set SLIF to limit the maximum size with it's size calculation settings, but I want each mod to have a visible effect. Easier to tweak two sources of slider adjustments than four or five)
  • Dangerous Night: I really ought to look into this. It's the one part of Cursed Loot's rape system that isn't currently replicated in my modlist. Might do so after this post.
  • Just Sleep, or another Needs type mod: If I add Dangerous Night, I'll add this to make sure my girl can't just choose to wait instead of sleep. Will probably also try to add See You Sleep to allow for automatic nude sleeping. Tried it. Something conflicted with it and it asked me if I wanted to sleep again after sleeping the first time. The quest for a non-intrusive PC nude sleep mod continues.
  • Realistic Room Rental: Because you shouldn't be able to avoid housing taxes by paying 10 gold a night. This is almost certainly going in my modlist, because I'd forgotten it existed somehow.
  • Interesting NPCs: Seems pretty... interesting. And anything which adds more people to take advantage of a tied up cleric girl is a good thing. Only reason I'm holding off on this for the moment is its file size.
  • Devious Devices Equip: I'm not sure what I think about this mod. I'll admit I've only read the description, but it seems like it might be a case of a mod trying to be too many things. Also, the description is nice for flavor but doesn't really state what it does clearly. Might try it on a test save some day to actually figure out what it's about.
  • Spectator Crowds: Another one I should try. What's the fun in being used in public when I'm just trying to sell some loot and get to my next draugr crypt for more horrible bondage explosions? Being seen doing it, that's what.
  • Combat Arousal: I had no idea this existed, but I think it's definitely going in my mod list. It would be nice if you could set it to only drop armor if the armor is enchanted, but un-enchanted pieces get destroyed. Though, I honestly wouldn't want to lose any of my Emfy cleric armor until after I have the smithing skills to remake pieces. This will also encourage me to keep my damn shield up and bottleneck enemies more often.
  • Sexlab Stories: Gonna give this a shot. The fetish stones idea at minimum looks worth it (increased arousal for swinging my sword around? wooo!).
  • Scent of Sex: I test played the 1.4 release a bit and found the configuration to be easy enough for me to understand, or so I thought. In actuality, it turns out I have no idea why my rules weren't working. I guess it could have been a lack of animations toggled on in SexLab. The debug output was enough for me to figure out a combat sex rule I'd written was trying to activate with the correct participants, but then it just stopped and didn't say why it wasn't happening, then moved on to checking another rule. I'm pretty sure some day in the future I'll replace Deviously Enslaved, Helpless, and Aroused Creatures with just Scent of Sex, but right now I'm leaving this out until I can devote more time to figuring out why my rules didn't work.

Finally, Mods I do not include, that I haven't already mentioned:

• Prison Overhaul: I tried this a while back when I was giving Cursed Loot a shot, got my PC arrested, then suddenly discovered that not all prisons are made the same. At the end of my sentence it seemed the Jailor couldn't figure out how to get to my cell to let me out. Either that or he'd forgotten about me. And that sure felt correct because nobody came and took advantage of my being in chains and looking all desperate for attention. If other things work to get my PC abused when she's vulnerable (and they do), I'm happy enough giving this a pass.
  • Sexist Guards DD: In general I like it. You can turn off the 4th wall stuff and the general player comments (which I find annoying). But the real kicker for me recently was the guard quest recently added in. It bugged out for me in a bad way, and I prefer stability to my games as much as possible. Being stuck bent over waiting waiting forever to actually be freed after a whipping is not fun. Turning the guard trigger off in MCM seemed to have no effect on whether the scene would occur. I'm not sure what actually bugged this, but I'm fine with my sexist guards being caused by other mods.
  • Death Alternative: I don't want my character to ever actually die or even see a loading screen to replace death if there's an animation that could be used to show her being abused by her attackers. This is also why I don't use Sexlab Defeat. Also, I've heard DAYMOYL is script heavy and not easy on performance.
  • Cursed Dreams: I don't mind the idea of this, but I ran into a situation where trying to sell bondage gear just put the Master into a never ending loop of repeated dialogue. No thanks, I'm FAR too finicky for that.
  • Slaverun: Another mod that looked quite lovely, until my newly enslaved girl did a slow figure eight three times around the two guys that start you off, then walkde slowly to the cross on one side of dragonsreach and stayed there. Nobody came to use her, nobody touched her. Poor thing. Enslaved and not trained. Then when she could move on her own, nobody would talk to her. They were all too busy standing there looking silly. Not sure what caused this, so I might give it another shot in the future.
  • Pretty much any other enslavement mod: Most of them seem to revolve around distractions from the main quests. But my playstyle is very much about a girl trying to be a hero in a very sexist, deviant, sadomasochistic, and bondage happy variant of vanilla Skyrim. I want to get the quests done with occasional distractions, not be forced to be a sex slave to a horker for the rest of her life. The various quests in the mods I do have are good enough to be an enhancement to the base game without getting too much in the way (though I'm trying to think of a way to get that Devious Devices book in the College of Winterhold without risking a necessary trip to Solstheim to find the book. Not sure if it's just me, but it seems like the dwemer ruins there are much more difficult than the ones found in Skyrim.

Glad it is helpful for some other people, and sorry the current state of it is so sketchy and built up on previous posts. I keep saying I should update the build guide, but, you know, too busy playing / experimenting with kinky skyrim!

HDT boobies conflict with HDT hair. The two collide and you end up with freakish jumping tits.

how do you solve the issue?

Sadly, I doubt you can.

It's almost certainly a side effect of how HDT works - things collide, collision physics happens.

So it's probably a case of 'chose one'.

Sadly, once you have had HDT hair then dovakin somasaulting through the air with her hair in place looks wrong and annoying. But a large part of the reason for including HDT physics in this build was for bouncy jiggly squishy body parts.

Currently I'm experimenting with disabling it completely but i'm not having a lot of luck. I'd suggest using non-hdt hair or maybe just avoiding using HDT hairstyles where it drapes seductively over her curves. Something shorter, or a ponytail perhaps.

On the latest itteration when I added the Devious updates and pulled back a bunch of stuff I seem have picked up a minor CTD issue. Which is odd, because removing mods from the list doesn't normaly reduce stablity...

Maybe the Devious updates still need some bugs shaken out of them, maybe I have done something wrong using bodyslide, maybe disabling HDT has broken something (HDT outfit meshes perhaps?). Maybe it's modded skyrim, and something weird is happening.

Either way, I can't advise as to the sucess of disabling HDT entirely until I get to the bottom of the CTD issues!

---------------------------

Thank you for the awesome epic post full of devious ideas. I'm sure i'm not the only one reading through and thinking 'hum...'.

I'll skip over some of the stuff that doesn't interest me, which isn't intended to dismiss it. It's just, you know, if it doesn't interest me I can't meaningfully comment on it.

Slow spiraling dive toward sexual doom. Early on, devices and sex should be inconvenient, but manageable, but over time my cleric girl should be reduced to a near perpetually aroused public fucktoy and desperate whore constantly trying to make enough money to be able to pay her taxes.

THIS. THIS is the playstyle goal. I want to try and be a heroine, but end up with kinky sex and perversion.

Non-restrictive devices only. Blindfolds, mittens, armbinders, yokes, corsets, gloves and boots are not welcome, at least as automatically applied equipment. If any of these devices do manage to get applied, despite settings to the contrary, I will do whatever I need to to remove them, including cheating. If necessary, I will safeword, and re-apply all other devices after the offending device is removed.

I do find myself safewording often, and have recently disabled yokes. I've set the chance of events like 'damsel in distress' to zero. I've also disabled every 'lock you out of the menu', 'prevent fast travel', 'boots/chains slow you down' etc effect I can find.

I don't want to disable all the scary stuff tho, because part of it is about risk. Part of the fun of cursed loot is that it gives you this omnipresent fear/excitement that the entire world is out to get you, that it could all go horribly wrong at any time.

I want to end up with the crazy stuff every so often, and have to work out how to escape from a dungeon whilst defenseless and vulnerable. Or have to go back to town and get jumped on by anyone who sees me. Or whatever. See "Try and be a heroine, end up as a pervert."

Some of this can be minimised by setting 'progressive bondage' in Cursed Loot. Then you get the less crippling items applied first, and get more and more afraid as things go on that you are going to end up in armbinder hell...

Many items are hard to escape by design. They are ment to be frustrating and make our heroines life utterly horrible.

But the fact so many of them just completely and semi-permantly derail play is...irritating. 'Trek around the wilderness for hours hiding and hunting for keys' is a new and interesting quest arc the first time. It's frustrating the second time you have to do it, and after that it's just old and boring. And at all point's it's counter to one of the core objectives of my build which is 'Build a playable skyrim game.' And it's the net result of so very many devious items.

So yes, until I find a better solution I find I will normally just walk back to a blacksmith and then safeword on the assumption the blacksmith removed them for me. Sadly, this also means that the full effects/fun of some items get lost. Things like the Slave / Slut collars that should actually be manageable (Go and sell yourself like crazy / avoid being raped and hide, then let the time expire) end up going the same way.

One thing I miss from Cursed Loot is the option to pay to get released from bondage by a blacksmith. Personally, I'd like it if various vendors had restraint and chastity keys, and piercing removal tools. if the price could be configured on the keys/tools, then it would serve as a wonderful money sink. Alas, to my knowledge, no mod does this.

This is not functionality in Cursed Loot, and I don't think ever will be.

Many of these items are deliberately hard to remove. The whole idea is that you have to spend hours wandering around tied up trying to escape. Them being frustrating and escape seeming hopeless is very much a recurring theme in a lot of the Devious Devices items/series.

Blacksmith removal dialog does exist as a part of Sanquines Debauchery, but I have yet to add that to my build sucessfully. It seems a bit too script heavy and has always resulted in instablity.

I'm in two minds on this one. Part of me wants to respect the wishes of the original authors/designers, but another part of says that:

• Devious Devices are very easy to get in play, so for the most part should be similarly simple to remove. The drop rate is such that, if played as intended, I feel the player would be pretty much permanently snarled up in some rare keyed item or worse.
  • The beauty of a modded skyrim game is that I can build the game the way I it to play, not the way someone else thinks I do. And I want to run around the world doing quests, not be constantly scratting around in bandit camps looking for keys.

Beyond 'just safeword when you arn't having fun any more' (very much what the safeword functionality is there for, imo) I havn't encountered any other solutions.

It is starting to look like there might be some demand for a mod offering more generous/lenient removal options but this is well beyond my current skills.

It seems like a bare-bones implementation shouldn't be too difficult. Get permission to copy & paste the dialog tree from SD into a standalone mod, add key drops to the vendor lists for general stores / dodgy khajiit and that's all it needs to do. I can think of many other options I would like it to do, but as I can't write it myself that's kinda irrelvant!

No Empty Tag on empty containers:. This way, Devious chests can be set to trap even empty containers, and I can't know which ones are actually empty. End result, more bondage explosions! BRILLIANT!

One of the side effects I like about Cursed Loot is that I found quite quickly I wasn't looting this sort of container anyway.

Do you really want to dig through that mouldy sack? The random urn? The barrel? It's almost certainly not got anything useful in it, and it might be cursed.

So suddenly you arn't crawling around dungeons searching in every nook and cranny incase you missed a mostly irrelevant container - straight in, straight to the prize, and try and get out with your dignity intact before you get too covered in devious devices! All very quick and dramatic and exciting, when it goes right...

This is worth a footnote as a passive gold sink as well. When looting fallen mooks stops being worth the risk, you stop getting lots of small quantities of gold / the odd jewlery item etc from them.

Radiant Prostitution: Replaces Cursed Loot's prostitution system. I like it, because A) it more clearly defines the idea that somebody else is making money off of my PC being on her back (madame gets 75% of the John's pay), it gives me a potential to avoid sex based on what apropos's wear and tear system says is bad for me (risky though, you can lose customers this way!). And it has radiant style quests for more skilled whores to get some variety in their personal debasement. As us

Oooh. It has kinky quests you say? Suddenly I'm interested. I'd overlooked this as it seemed to mostly duplicate functionality I already had in cursed loot. I'll go and check it out now.

What I want out of the prositution mech is:

a ) A reasonable paycheck. There is no point in 'having to resort to prositution' if the payout is sufficently low as to make it pointless.

b ) Risk. As with so many other elements of my build, I want it to be 'Well, it will probably help. But it might all go disasterously wrong and you end up in even more trouble'. Chances of getting abused by guards / Devious Devices / Just taken advantage of and not paid / etc are all good. I also tend to set the 'drugging chance' very high so that prositiution really is an option of last resort as it has long term consequences compounding the drug addiction.

Skooma Whore: I have it toned down quite a bit right now, but that's mostly because I'd rather err on the side of caution until I get used to the long term results. Currently using slow addiction, 10 for the recovery slider, no blackout, and currently 10% chance of being drugged (that's the real wuss/timid side of this toes in the swimming pool test), no visual effects (which just look ugly in my opinion), and no withdrawal effects (not until they can be configured in MCM). However, 50% of the druggings will be high dose, so maybe that will make things interesting. Being drugged won't happen often in my current setup, but when it does, I'll always be a little scared that I just got hit with some major addiction. Whether this has a chance to force my PC into a spiraling drug addiction dive bomb, I'll have to see.

I think I am currently using Fast addiction, about 7 per day recovery, 75% force drugging but no high dose or blackout.

This means that I do see the addiction creeping up in game - especially after a harsh Defeat sequence or similar. But it's possible to just hide in a hole for a week or two if I really feel the need to bring it down. 'Slow' addiction is much more the path of no return ;)

SexLab Solutions: A nice method to use what SexLab gave my cleric girl to deal with situations that otherwise force her to take actions she doesn't want. Like whenever she meets an old orc man looking for somebody to give him a good death. My cleric girl makes sure he gets one last good fuck too!

My memory of experimenting with this was that it shortcuted a lot of quest arcs, and ultimately left me as a player feeling unsatisfied.

Oh, and i'm not sure I want my heroine to do fewer dungeons full of depraved traps and perverted wizards...

Apropos: I turn off Wear and Tear effects, but the tats and sex scene comments are necessities for me. While the end result is only cosmetic at best, the wear and tear stats are really useful for deciding where I hope my next assault goes. If I'm lucky I can even have a say in that. If it were possible to tone down the effect strength, I'd definitely add them back in. The amount of sexually related debuffs happening to my girl would make hardcore settings unthinkable

Heh. A lovely example of different playstyles and slightly different objectives.

I've done the opposite with the wear and tear - opened up the Apropos install files and doubled all the effects!

I want my heroine sore and scared and bleeding after a Defeat sequence. Triggering Defeat should feel like a loss, and force me to retreat & recover - I don't want want repeated Draugir rape to be a sensible adventuring strategy.

I agree entirely with you on the scene comments tho. For that reason Apropos should be a part of almost any kinky skyrim build. The scene comments are also the reason why I tend to be cautious adding animation packs - if the various keywords etc arn't correctly configured, Apropos won't recognise them and won't provide commentary :(.

Deviously Helpless: I'm pretty sure this is going to be my main way of dealing with defeat situations. Unless I'm just wrong about how it works, I much prefer the idea that if my girl loses, she gets banged then has to run away before the bad guys can get the pleased grins off their seedy faces. Also I really hate the idea of reloads, being sent to whichever nearest inn the script system thinks I wanna walk back from, etc. My hatred of reloads is what keeps Sexlab Defeat and DAYMOYL out of my mod list.

Deviously Helpless I tried and promtly removed. Far too agressive, and triggered at many of the wrong times.

Like I'd sneak up on a bandit camp, shoot two of them dead with a bow, swap to sword, stand up - and then - Deviously Helpless would happen.

Err, hang on guys - I was about to beat the shite out of you so I can sleep in your beds before doing that dungeon round the corner. If you want to fuck me, you do actually have to go through my sword and beat me up!

And disliking reloading is EXACTLY why I have both Defeat and DAYMOYL in my load order - they let you continue play after losing a fight.

You fight, it's all very close and exciting and you might get away with it...oh shit, nope, you are down on your hands and knees and about to get fucked (up). Defeat finishes, you run like hell before they get another chance. Add Devious Captures which can spawn Devices on you during the Defeat sequence, Skooma Whore's high drugging chance, Apropos Wear And Tear and when Defeat happens it is generally bad. But then you can run away, lick your wounds, and come back in a few days armed to the teeth and ready to bring some smackdown. Gameplay continues after losing a fight.

DAYMOYL means that if you do actually go down to 0 hits (which, with Defeat, should't be that easy - the fight should be over before then) you don't die. You wake up in the arms of a passing adventurer, or a nearby tavern or whatever. Slightly confused, but otherwise ok. You are the legendary hero, you do have a destiny to fulfill - and fate will see to it that happens.

I have post-event scenarios set very generously in both for this sort of reason - i can't exactly contuine playing without a sword or armour, and if I just lost a fight to these people whilst fully dressed there is no way I can defeat them again butt naked in order to get my equipment back.

For my build, I think it's important that gameplay should continue after losing a fight without having to replay the fight because some fights I don't think are actually winable. Maybe I am complely covered in Devious Devices and pretty much defenseless (*). Maybe one of the various extra encounter mods spawned an encounter that isn't properly scaled to level. Maybe two of them spawned similar encounters so now I have an entire army of bandits to fight. The game is already playing notably harder than stock, so there isn't much room for dropping difficulty in these sorts of encounters either. There has to be some mechanism for me to escape / survice these situations, and I think Defeat / DAYMOYL provide it.

(*) = Note, I disable many of the horny / collar buffs to allow this - wandering around in evil, cursed magical items is not ment to be a valid combat option!

Devious Attributes: I really like this one, though I'm not sure if anything else interfaces with it. Might not be in a stable enough position for that just yet, but I really hope it gets there. For now, I just use this mostly for the mental wear and tear effects of all the filthy things that happen to my girl.

Ahha! Another interesting prospect. I've been looking for something to build on top of the Apropos Wear and Tear since I removed Sexlab Wear and Tear. This could be a nice alternative to Devious Training.

Taxes of the Nine Holds: I wish this one would react automatically to certain events, but for now I just add weekly taxes for being a citizen of Skyrim. I only increase taxes on this for a hold my cleric's been to, and generally try to follow a rate of 50/level + any other adjustments I feel are worthwhile. The only downside to tax systems is that I feel disinclined to get mods to set realistic coin weights. You can get around the coin weights with Exchange Currency mod, but tax collectors in these two tax mods are completely oblivious to the bank notes from Exchange Currency mod.

I found the collection was a little flaky, so I seemed to get random bounties which isn't a deal breaker...unless you are running Prison Overhaul, Contraband or some other reason why getting arrested is really bad.

Speaking of which, as a gold sink I really do recommend Contraband. You are not a Jarl, or even a city watchman. You have absolutely no business killing people and taking their stuff. That shite is illegal....and suddenly, a lot of the easily saleable treasure you can collect vanishes. Maybe you can fence some of their jewlery to a dodgy Khajiit trader if you see one, but that's about it. You can still use their swords and armor if they are better than yours. Just don't get arrested, because they take all your stolen property away then!

This also means that things like wolf skins and wine bottles that were previously junk items now have a purpose - that stuff is legit saleable trade goods!

On a similar subject, I would like to find a mod that leaves a lot of the trade/commerce intact but significantly reduces the sale price of weapons/armour. 'Nobody wants your soiled zombie armor dude.' This both means that random magical weapon drops stop being treasure items, but it also means you don't end up carrying as much random heavy stuff. If anyone knows of one, please point me at it. Thanks.

I use Realistic Coin Weight and Realistic Arrow Weight. Suddenly you can't carry around armfulls of gold any more, and several hundred arrows is a substantial inventory investment.

Realistic Room Rental, but that only works if used in combination with something that causes fatigue from lack of sleep (i use Just Sleep) AND something that triggers overnight rape / some other reason you should be sleeping in taverns rather than wilderness/dungeons.

This does have the nice secondary effect that you end up exploring for wilderness boltholes you can rest in near dungeons when you can't afford several hundred gold for a hotel room.

Scarcity - Less Loot Mod: Because I shouldn't be able to find so MUCH stuff. I'm going to try out 8x loot rarity and 6x merchant rarity on my next playthrough, which is a bit rarer than the choices recommended by the mod'd author.

I've heard good things, but found it a bit OTT when combined with Contraband and Cursed Loot.

I want to be able to get some loot from quests after all.

Oooh, that reminds me. On the subject of Gold Sinks, I havn't mentioned Skytweak.

This is a big, intimidating mod that let's you adjust all sorts of values in the skyrim engine.

Lots of potential for cheating.

There are some nice patches in there, but I use it for two things:

1) To reduce the cost of training.

2) To spawn extra perks.

Gameplay in this build is much slower than standard. Lots more creaping around the world map, lot's more running back to town to resupply, etc. And gold is less available. To mitigate this I substantially lower training costs.

Why is this a gold sink? Well, when training is 500g/skill you can't afford it and don't spend any money on it. When it's 50g/skill you suddenly want to make sure you spend your 250g on training.

I add extra perk points to help offset some of the increases in difficulties. If I have developed my skill to the point I can by a perk, then I buy the perk. Partly this is just a bit more interesting in that it lets to play with powers you may not have had before - but it also encourages you to use and train skills that may not see constanst use, but have handy perks such as Alteration for it's magic resistance.

I use Dynamic potions to reduce the cost of potions to 1/4 of their previous value as well. This means they are less useful as treasure - but also means I can make more use of potions when I want to as they are now back within my price range.

Dangerous Night: I really ought to look into this. It's the one part of Cursed Loot's rape system that isn't currently replicated in my modlist. Might do so after this post.

I've tried it.

+ More variety of nighttime attacks, including possible gribbly monsters

+ Ability to beat up your attackers before/after the rape sequence, rather than them just appearing and disapearing into thin air.

- I think it is a /hr rather than a /night attack %, so seems to trigger more often than it should. This is why I removed it and reverted to the functionality in Cursed Loot.

- Rape didn't always seem to trigger properly. Sometimes the attackers just stood around.

Interesting NPCs: Seems pretty... interesting. And anything which adds more people to take advantage of a tied up cleric girl is a good thing. Only reason I'm holding off on this for the moment is its file size.

Again, another one I have used. And am using!

+ Adds several cool followers with fun diaglog comments.

+ Adds lots of quests.

+ Adds lots of NPC's with downright hilarious diaglog discussions.

- Huge file size

- Many of the NPC's seem to only have dialog discussions. You keep hoping for quests that you don't get.

Devious Devices Equip: I'm not sure what I think about this mod. I'll admit I've only read the description, but it seems like it might be a case of a mod trying to be too many things. Also, the description is nice for flavor but doesn't really state what it does clearly. Might try it on a test save some day to actually figure out what it's about.

Yeah, just download it and try it.

It expands on a lot of the DD functionality by adding extra effects for plugs etc, but it doesn't seem to catch all the devices. Interesting, but firmly in the 'non essential' category.

Sexlab Stories: Gonna give this a shot. The fetish stones idea at minimum looks worth it (increased arousal for swinging my sword around? wooo!).

I've been using it in the 'extra quests' role for a little while, and it seems pretty good.

Nothing world changing or ground breaking, but it seems to integrate seemlessly with the world (several times I didn't realise I was interacting with Stories encounters).

Prison Overhaul: I tried this a while back when I was giving Cursed Loot a shot, got my PC arrested, then suddenly discovered that not all prisons are made the same. At the end of my sentence it seemed the Jailor couldn't figure out how to get to my cell to let me out. Either that or he'd forgotten about me. And that sure felt correct because nobody came and took advantage of my being in chains and looking all desperate for attention. If other things work to get my PC abused when she's vulnerable (and they do), I'm happy enough giving this a pass.

It does work properly with the patches and a bit of experimenation / sympathy.

When triggered, the PO arc is basically several days of Sexlab scenes so it does need to be allowed to do it's thing.

It's fun, but it's also tempremental and didn't add that much to my game as I don't get arrested very often.

Sexist Guards DD: In general I like it. You can turn off the 4th wall stuff and the general player comments (which I find annoying). But the real kicker for me recently was the guard quest recently added in. It bugged out for me in a bad way, and I prefer stability to my games as much as possible. Being stuck bent over waiting waiting forever to actually be freed after a whipping is not fun. Turning the guard trigger off in MCM seemed to have no effect on whether the scene would occur. I'm not sure what actually bugged this, but I'm fine with my sexist guards being caused by other mods.

From my experience:

+ Lot's of rude dialog

- Diaglogs trigger far too frequently, so becomes repetative.

- it's pretty much just dialog, so don't change gameplay at all.

I think I have triggered the quest once, and it was a 'ah, ok. whatever'. Other mods do that sort of thing better I think. (ie Prison Overhaul or Get STripped.)

Death Alternative: I don't want my character to ever actually die or even see a loading screen to replace death if there's an animation that could be used to show her being abused by her attackers. This is also why I don't use Sexlab Defeat. Also, I've heard DAYMOYL is script heavy and not easy on performance.

Recent testing would confirm it is resource intensive actually, as I tried to remove it and rely on simply Defeat.

But I still died. So until I can find another fix for death, I may be stuck with it for reasons mentioned above.

Captured Dreams: I don't mind the idea of this, but I ran into a situation where trying to sell bondage gear just put the Master into a never ending loop of repeated dialogue. No thanks, I'm FAR too finicky for that.

Havn't hit that one myself, but then I tend to throw the stuff away ASAP rather than sell it. (Self bondage is problematic!).

I enjoyed the main quest arc in Captured Dreams, but never really got to experiment that much with subquests. It's on the 'to be revisited' list.

Pretty much any other enslavement mod: Most of them seem to revolve around distractions from the main quests. But my playstyle is very much about a girl trying to be a hero in a very sexist, deviant, sadomasochistic, and bondage happy variant of vanilla Skyrim. I want to get the quests done with occasional distractions, not be forced to be a sex slave to a horker for the rest of her life. The various quests in the mods I do have are good enough to be an enhancement to the base game without getting too much in the way (though I'm trying to think of a way to get that Devious Devices book in the College of Winterhold without risking a necessary trip to Solstheim to find the book. Not sure if it's just me, but it seems like the dwemer ruins there are much more difficult than the ones found in Skyrim.

I've avoided enslavement quests for similar reasons.

I want my mods to make gameplay more interesting & kinky, not to derail it completely.

For the book tho, I can give you two options:

• Just accept you don't want to do that quest on this playthrough, and load the book into your inventory through console commands. Read it, make stuff.
  • Steal the key/book in the College when Urag isn't around. Sneak off, read the book at your leasure. The quest will start, but urag won't lock you up until you talk to him about it.

-------------------------------------

Phew.

Lot's of stuff to discuss! Hurrah! Ideas!

Erm, hope this post isn't too long....

So I previewed this one before posting, and... yeah. Spoiler tags for it because of length. Didn't realize that first post would end up so long. Where my quote snipping left things unclear, I added in mod names to help other readers (in italics where it happened).

But the fact so many of them just completely and semi-permantly derail play is...irritating. 'Trek around the wilderness for hours hiding and hunting for keys' is a new and interesting quest arc the first time. It's frustrating the second time you have to do it, and after that it's just old and boring. And at all point's it's counter to one of the core objectives of my build which is 'Build a playable skyrim game.' And it's the net result of so very many devious items.

For me, it's just too hard, too fast, too early, too much. My goal is a slow burn. Note, that I wouldn't mind the extremity later in a playthrough, by the time my PC has been through a number of debasing situations and her addiction to sex drugs and domination have reached the point where she prefers the bondage gear to the armor and clothing she used to wear. Unfortunately, until mods like Devious Attributes get to a stable point with an API that other mods can use, this ability to ramp up to harder bondage devices just seems out of reach. So for now I just use my mods and role play it. Early on, I get out of gear and throw it away as fast as I feel it's safe to do so (i.e. I won't be looting anything anytime soon).

So yes, until I find a better solution I find I will normally just walk back to a blacksmith and then safeword on the assumption the blacksmith removed them for me. Sadly, this also means that the full effects/fun of some items get lost. Things like the Slave / Slut collars that should actually be manageable (Go and sell yourself like crazy / avoid being raped and hide, then let the time expire) end up going the same way.

I had high hopes for the Slut and Slave collars. But again, they're too much. Not only do you have behavioral motivation to either hide or go find a crowd of men to use you (depending on the collar), but you also get fairly damaging shocks to your body if you even wear a scrap of clothing. Okay, so again, near the end of a play through, that would be fine. Near the beginning? Nope. Breaks my immersion.

Devious Devices are very easy to get in play, so for the most part should be similarly simple to remove. The drop rate is such that, if played as intended, I feel the player would be pretty much permanently snarled up in some rare keyed item or worse.

I deal with this by setting device drop rate and key drop rate in a particular fashion. Dungeon drop rates for devices should be the baseline. I tune this first to get it where I want it. I generally want, on average, between one and five traps activating on all but the largest of dungeons. Since it's all random, this can vary quite a bit more than that if you do happen to get quite unlucky RNG. I set wilderness rate to half the dungeon rate. Generally things will be safer outdoors, but since it's outdoors, you won't have many containers to check. Finally, I set the key drop rate (including the piercing removal tool drop rate) between the dungeon and wilderness rates. This way, the longer or more you loot in a dungeon, the more likely you're going to be put in heavy bondage, with not enough keys to escape. Looting in a dungeon is therefore a risky option. Looting outdoors will tend to give more keys than devices, so generally it's a better bet. One other thing to consider: if you're full on devices, the traps will stop triggering, but the keys will continue to drop. So it could be wiser to not take devices off until the end of the dungeon, otherwise, you might just use your last chastity key, only to have a new belt strapped on when you open up the final chest before leaving.

It is starting to look like there might be some demand for a mod offering more generous/lenient removal options but this is well beyond my current skills.

It seems like a bare-bones implementation shouldn't be too difficult. Get permission to copy & paste the dialog tree from SD into a standalone mod, add key drops to the vendor lists for general stores / dodgy khajiit and that's all it needs to do. I can think of many other options I would like it to do, but as I can't write it myself that's kinda irrelvant!

If I get around to learning to mod more than the Combat Arousal patch I whipped up yesterday (still testing before I post it), I'll probably make something to let blacksmiths and general store traders sell keys. Though I might make it a dialogue option, rather than just something found in their inventory. That way, the price can fluctuate based off of how desperate you are to get out, etc. Maybe Khajit traders too, though they might just want to dose you with some skooma to help you get hooked... er, enjoy some moon sugar. It would also, of course, be configurable, so people who want a good money sink can have one, and people who just want an easy, non-threatening escape can have that too.

So, whatever ideas you or others have would be welcome.

Do you really want to dig through that mouldy sack? The random urn? The barrel? It's almost certainly not got anything useful in it, and it might be cursed.

So suddenly you arn't crawling around dungeons searching in every nook and cranny incase you missed a mostly irrelevant container - straight in, straight to the prize, and try and get out with your dignity intact before you get too covered in devious devices! All very quick and dramatic and exciting, when it goes right...

This is worth a footnote as a passive gold sink as well. When looting fallen mooks stops being worth the risk, you stop getting lots of small quantities of gold / the odd jewlery item etc from them.

This ties into the drop rates for me. If I'm not currently bound up, and the dungeon is small? Hells no I'm not looting moldy sacks and rotten barrels. But if I'm locked up tight and desperate for release, I'll rumage through them like a skooma fiend trying to find that one vial of double distilled for her next fix. But knowing which ones are empty feels like cheating. And besides, iirc, keys are added upon opening a container, so you might just find a key in one of the empty ones. Or you might get trapped more. 

Oooh. It has kinky quests you say? Suddenly I'm interested. I'd overlooked this as it seemed to mostly duplicate functionality I already had in cursed loot. I'll go and check it out now.

What I want out of the prositution mech is:

a ) A reasonable paycheck. There is no point in 'having to resort to prositution' if the payout is sufficently low as to make it pointless.

b ) Risk. As with so many other elements of my build, I want it to be 'Well, it will probably help. But it might all go disasterously wrong and you end up in even more trouble'. Chances of getting abused by guards / Devious Devices / Just taken advantage of and not paid / etc are all good. I also tend to set the 'drugging chance' very high so that prositiution really is an option of last resort as it has long term consequences compounding the drug addiction.

Well, the quests are essentially just prostitution jobs. the basic tier one is literally just go get some money in the town/city you're at. Don't leave town or the innkeeper will be angry. The later quests go further, though I've only gotten to the second tier (home deliveries).

a ) The pay rates are entirely configurable. You can make it cheap as a baseline, but you can also set an amount of extra gold received for speechcraft level, and the mod's own sort of skill. The more quest types you have access to, the more experienced at the job you are, and thus the more pay you get. Also configurable. It's highly configurable!

b ) I don't think it has anything for guards abusing you (though you can make it possible to proposition/be approached by guards). IIRC, Deviously Enslaved has a system where devices can automatically be applied after sex, whether it's consensual or otherwise. Skooma Whore can occur after any sexlab scene (I had Chaurus tentacles drug my last playtest character when they became the second thing to get inside her). When you have a willing client, they'll have an act in mind, oral, vaginal, anal, or non-consensual. You can either accept or suggest a different act (including the non-con act, you're being paid after all, sometimes the john wants rough stuff). Usually the john will let you choose a different act (which is nice if your day long prostitution stint has been particularly rough on one of your orifices), but sometimes they tell you to quit wasting their time. Also, you can't just keep on asking a john over and over again if they refuse you. So yeah, I'd say there's plenty of opportunities for you to add some risk to the job. 

I want my heroine sore and scared and bleeding after a Defeat sequence. Triggering Defeat should feel like a loss, and force me to retreat & recover - I don't want want repeated Draugir rape to be a sensible adventuring strategy.

Ideally, I'd go with extreme effects at the beginning that ramp down to minor annoyances the more sex has occurred.  There's another wear and tear mod... Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think maybe it does something like this? I'll have to look into it. That way, I can use Apropos for just the comments and visual effects, and use the wear and tear specific mod for the gameplay effects.

Deviously Helpless I tried and promtly removed. Far too agressive, and triggered at many of the wrong times.

Like I'd sneak up on a bandit camp, shoot two of them dead with a bow, swap to sword, stand up - and then - Deviously Helpless would happen.

Err, hang on guys - I was about to beat the shite out of you so I can sleep in your beds before doing that dungeon round the corner. If you want to fuck me, you do actually have to go through my sword and beat me up!

And disliking reloading is EXACTLY why I have both Defeat and DAYMOYL in my load order - they let you continue play after losing a fight.

What I mean by reloads is any transition screen at all. Didn't word myself too well. I want to be knocked down when I'm defeated, used, then left alone for a while in the same area. Ideally just enough time to run like a bat outta hell so I can either escape the way I came, or potion up and try to take down more of the enemies. Hoepfully all of them. From what I understand, helpless does just that. Though if there are bugs in how it activates, then yes, I'll have to look around elsewhere, and unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many alternatives that completely avoid the transition screens. Maybe I can make a patch that requires the player be disarmed for a period of time rather than just for whatever split second the mod happens to check.

Note, I disable many of the horny / collar buffs to allow this - wandering around in evil, cursed magical items is not ment to be a valid combat option!

Agreed. These things shouldn't be the sort of thing you wear to a fight (unless you play an armorless build on perk overhauls that allow it. Ebonyflesh + Mage Armor perks + Restoration spells and perks can make a quite survivable armorless tank). 

Ahha! Another interesting prospect. I've been looking for something to build on top of the Apropos Wear and Tear since I removed Sexlab Wear and Tear. This could be a nice alternative to Devious Training.

I suggest decreasing the last configuration option on the current version. It sets the level of arousal needed for fetish changes to take place. While I don't think the fetishes in Devious Attributes have a gameplay effect, they can serve as a useful decision making device on how to react to situations that you have control over. The basic statistics (three of them) do however apply debuffs.

I found the tax collection was a little flaky, so I seemed to get random bounties which isn't a deal breaker...unless you are running Prison Overhaul, Contraband or some other reason why getting arrested is really bad.

I have an idea for a taxation mod that combines both simple taxes and taxes of the nine holds and more. But for now it's just an idea, and one I won't work on until after I have more modding experience in skyrim. Part of it would be vanilla and belong on Nexus, but the other part would be, I think, quite welcome here. Tax collectors should be able to take advantage of silly girls who think they can run around Skyrim and become a world saving heroine. Especially when they're tied up tight and jonesing for a hit of skooma with a reputation for selling herself to be able to afford her next fix.

Speaking of which, as a gold sink I really do recommend Contraband.

Oooh! Okay, now this I like. I tend to loot only expensive, low weight items, myself, but I think this is getting added to my modlist, if only to see just how much more of a money... void? it can end up being.

I use Realistic Coin Weight and Realistic Arrow Weight. Suddenly you can't carry around armfulls of gold any more, and several hundred arrows is a substantial inventory investment.

I like the various realistic coin weight mods (iirc there's an immersive jewelry mod that also forces coins to have weight), but again, current tax mods don't accept exchange notes from exchange currency, so I have to do without for the moment. And ideally, I shouldn't be able to amass much gold in the first place, so I'm not that worried. I don't usually carry very many arrows, so I'm not bothered by them being weightless.

Realistic Room Rental, but that only works if used in combination with something that causes fatigue from lack of sleep (i use Just Sleep) AND something that triggers overnight rape / some other reason you should be sleeping in taverns rather than wilderness/dungeons.

This does have the nice secondary effect that you end up exploring for wilderness boltholes you can rest in near dungeons when you can't afford several hundred gold for a hotel room.

Agreed. Already in the playtest since my first post there, my attitude towards sleeping changed considerably. Before the combination of realistic rent, Just Sleep and Dangerous Nights, sometimes I wouldn't even bother with sleep until it was convenient. Now, it's mandatory. And potentially quite risky. Perfect fit for the Descent into Debauchery playstyle.

I've heard good things, but found Scarcity a bit OTT when combined with Contraband and Cursed Loot.

I want to be able to get some loot from quests after all.

With my last playtest, I didn't really notice a difference, which makes me suspect another mod of interfering with Scarcity's operation. Until then I can't comment, other than to say, there are options for the scarcity chosen, but you have to open the mod information in MO and in the Optional ESPs tab, specify the base ESP, one Loot ESP, and one Merchant ESP. Move the other ESPs to the top pane.  It's possible you left them all in and the load order just used the x10 or x8 scarcity for both and left you in a painful desert of looting hell?

I've tried Dangerous Night.

+ More variety of nighttime attacks, including possible gribbly monsters

+ Ability to beat up your attackers before/after the rape sequence, rather than them just appearing and disapearing into thin air.

- I think it is a /hr rather than a /night attack %, so seems to trigger more often than it should. This is why I removed it and reverted to the functionality in Cursed Loot.

- Rape didn't always seem to trigger properly. Sometimes the attackers just stood around.

The chances increase exponentially per hour, so a shorter nap is very unlikely to trigger a rape, but a good 12 hour power sleep (especially in dangerous spots) is almost certainly going to get you in trouble. Not sure about the exact formula. As for rapes not triggering, I think that has to do with who is allowed to be an attacker. If it has to search the area, an NPC may need some time to get triggered. Not sure if that's the issue you experienced.

Yeah, just download Devious Devices Equip and try it.

It expands on a lot of the DD functionality by adding extra effects for plugs etc, but it doesn't seem to catch all the devices. Interesting, but firmly in the 'non essential' category.

Alright, I'll give it a go. Worst that happens is I remove it after the next playtest or two. Best that happens is it stays active forever.

Recent testing would confirm Death Alternative: is resource intensive actually, as I tried to remove it and rely on simply Defeat.

But I still died. So until I can find another fix for death, I may be stuck with it for reasons mentioned above.

I've never been able to get DAYMOYL and Defeat to actually trigger a scene... except maybe once or twice. The rest of the time, I just got sent away. Maybe I configured it incorrectly. I'd ask for help, but I really am dead set on post defeat scenes leaving me remaining in the area without a transition screen, but with a period of time available to run away.

I've avoided enslavement quests for similar reasons.

I want my mods to make gameplay more interesting & kinky, not to derail it completely.

Another mod idea I have. Also very much an in the future type of project, but essentially, I want the option to avoid prison sentences... in exchange for being locked up in public sex slave bondage: You can go where you like, you can even try to leave the hold you're enslaved to, and may even escape for quite a while. But within holds you're enslaved to, anybody gets to do anything for free. Outside of those holds, and slave hunters may just chase you down with the goal of bringing you back to where you belong. Configuration options would make it possible to set this up as a minor inconvenience, all the way to a debilitating scenario, to allow for a lot of play styles.

And an additional idea I just now had for this would be a package of slave tats: Tally marks on your back. Each person who uses you marks a tally on you. Each tally counts as an hour of prison time. Of course, some people might decide not to give you a tally, or try to extort you for it. Nothing quite says punishment like getting fucked, and then being charged money to get the benefit from allowing it to happen. You can get your tally counted by any guard, who will then erase the tally marks (they're just a charcoal smudge, essentially), and if you've got enough, he'll let unlock you and warn you that from then on in that hold, prison sentences will be carried out as a public slave. No more going to prison for such a hot little fucktoy as you.

If this mod existed, I might damn well start learning how to be a thief!

For the book tho (Forbidden Tome), I can give you two options:

• Just accept you don't want to do that quest on this playthrough, and load the book into your inventory through console commands. Read it, make stuff.
  • Steal the key/book in the College when Urag isn't around. Sneak off, read the book at your leasure. The quest will start, but urag won't lock you up until you talk to him about it.

The main conflict is that I want to do it with the quest, but I want to do the civil war quest with devious regulation chastity belts, and all before finishing the main quest and reaching Solstheim. Where, again, the dwemer ruins seem exceptionally tough. I'm not that concerned, though, because it could be that my PC doesn't realize the book even exists, and might feel trepidation at the thought of actually trying to find out more about the perverted stuff that's been happening to her. But eventually, she'll realize she needs to figure out a way to make keys for these things if she's going to have any hope of making money and being the pure heroine she thinks she's destined to be.

Mentioned in there is a patch I'm working on (a small small small one, minimal changes) to Combat Arousal. My goals are simple: Make it unequip armor instead of drop it on the ground. Add an option to disable being notified that your armor was unequipped or destroyed (if you have the already existing settings set up to break armor totally). I need to test that stuff, then I'll move on to making it possible to have arousal affect the chances and maybe add in an option to have weapons and shields unequipped/broken. The goal is to help trigger Deviously Helpless, because honestly, when am I ever going to not have weapons equipped (except in buggy situations)?

Again, spoilered for length.

I don't think there is currently any method for scaling Devious Drops to some kind of 'level'.

I don't know how easy it would be to implement at this stage either - you would be hooking into a lot of mods and trying to tweak them.

It might be helpful to have some kind of 'how do I escape this' option. But again, I think that very much goes against a lot of the design intent. You are ment to have to figure it out whilst all tied up.

A lot of it is down to configuration settings. How frequently keys drop, how easy it is to sucessfully struggle out of armbinders etc. I find many Devious etc mods have very agressive settings that need to be toned down a bit for playability. But maybe I am just a wimp!

I've currently got a 10% dungeon event chance, and a 15% normal key drop chance.

The catches?

• I have a 100% chance of losing keys during an event, or of dropping them if I try and put them down somewhere. I don't want to be able to escape an event just because I happen to be carrying a suitable key. So keys are only useful to me after the event.
  • Key drops on containers are disabled. If I want a key, I have to kill something or rob someone. If I'm looting a treasure chest in a tomb or something, no good will come of it.
  • 10% chance of a trap spawning 1-3 items when I search a dead body, and a 15% chance of a key that will unlock one you say? Hum...those don't sound like favourable odds.

I like the escalation in dungeons, and the sense of things getting progressively worse. I don't want to feel safe because I'm already in a bunch of bondage gear so chances are the traps won't spring any more - I want to feel scared because I'm already in a bunch of bondage gear, so the chances are the next trap will be something rather awkward. What do I do? Can I escape?

Dungeons are ment to be scary, evil places where bad things happen. There is a reason nobody else has ever looted any of these places.

Once I have made my way out of a dungeon, I generally make my way back to town and a blacksmith. Then I make a bunch of keys, try and escape before I get raped and then...do it all again.

Something about the 'heroine' part means she is a sucker for sob stories about missing family heirlooms etc!

Rare keys are entirely more problematic. They don't follow the same drop rules, and just spawn by probability as far as I can tell. It's set to 20% with even weighting, but even then because so many rare keyed items needing so many keys...if you want to escape 'fairly', it's often an unfun slog.

Slut and Slave collars.

Again, these seem to have very, ah, optimistic settings out of the box. I generally set them for 1-10 sex acts and 1-5 days.

Of course, anything that encourages you to wait around is a bad idea when you need sleep. But it's easy to wait around for a week, then have a nights sleep to fix the fatigue.

Combat Arousal mod

I have disabled the armour break and follower support.

The purpose of this mod for me is to force the players arousal up, with all of the negative effects that has. Ie rape risk, self bondage, skill growth penalties, etc.

However, armor breakage might have some interesting effects when combined with Honed Metal, which is a mod that enables NPC blacksmiths to craft items.

Why do you want NPC blacksmiths to craft items I hear you ask?

Because then the player doesn't. You may be an epic hero, but that doesn't mean you can turn up in town and two weeks later make a better sword than Eorland Graymane can at the skyforge. Sadly, I havn't found a mod that enforces 'no pc crafting' so it's mostly an RP thing. It encourages you to go out and explore and do stuff, rather than spend your time in down pickpocketing Arcadia and making alchemical goo.

It also flattens the exponential power curve somewhat. No post legenadary crafted at 250 skill weapons etc makes the PC way less powerful.

This ties into the drop rates for me. If I'm not currently bound up, and the dungeon is small? Hells no I'm not looting moldy sacks and rotten barrels. But if I'm locked up tight and desperate for release, I'll rumage through them like a skooma fiend trying to find that one vial of double distilled for her next fix. But knowing which ones are empty feels like cheating. And besides, iirc, keys are added upon opening a container, so you might just find a key in one of the empty ones. Or you might get trapped more.

Heh.

This is one of the things I really like about Cursed Loot etc. It can be set up to support so many different playstyles.

Again, I don't get this.

I get the opposite.

If I'm already covered in bondage, I'm walking around like a mouse on tiptoes desperately trying to avoid triggering anything. Because the next step is stuff like armbinders and blindfolds and badness, and I really don't want that to happen!

Radiant Prositution.

I'm playtesting it now.

The playtest got a little curveballed when a Get Stripped Stripper undressed me in the middle of town.

...which caused a guard to take advantage of me.

...which left me in an armbinder.

...and I couldn't ask my follower to help me take the armbinder off, because they were too busy laughing at me after the Get Stripped event!

I did manage to struggle out in the end and then went on a quest waiting for the Mock effect to wear off.

Turns out dungeons are much easier when human opponents stop part way through many of their attacks to laugh at you. Ho hum!

Ideally, I'd go with extreme effects at the beginning that ramp down to minor annoyances the more sex has occurred.  There's another wear and tear mod... Maybe I'm misremembering, but I think maybe it does something like this? I'll have to look into it. That way, I can use Apropos for just the comments and visual effects, and use the wear and tear specific mod for the gameplay effects.

The thing about slightly silly awkward animated sex sequences is that they are always going to be, well, slightly silly and awkward.

Which means I don't actually want that many of them. It's all about the tension and the buildup, rather than the squence itself.

Hence my stance on agressive wear and tear settings - I want the sex to be something I'm mostly trying to avoid.

So then when it does happen, the effect is "Did dovakin really just get bent over and fisted in the middle of the street? Fucking hell." rather than "yet another assrape sequence. Yawn."

I don't want her/me to get used to it. I want it always to be this novel and crazy thing.

Cutscenes/Scene changes on death.

This is going to be hard to avoid entirely I think.

Defeat will cover it to some extent. Most if not all of the post-Defeat senarios can be disabled so that when Defeat ends you will just be left standing there.

But once you actually Die for some reason?

I think the choices are 'load an earlier save and try again' or 'Let Death Alternative' do it's thing.

I'm open to other ideas tho.

Scarcity Mod.

I used it at only the x2 rating, and noticed the effects!

...i've just had an interesting thought.

I wonder how possible it is to stop the loot scaling to level?

Ie you always get level 10drops / quest rewards etc, no matter what level you are.

That would help a lot with gold sinks as it would stop you getting quite as rich.

Well, if one thing good has come from this discussion, it's that you've convinced me to re-enable key loss settings in my mods. Though I also re-evaluated my drop chances, and I now realize that the devious chest drop rate is more accurately 50% higher than I was assuming it to be, because like you, I set traps to potentially equip more than one device on my per trap. So my key drop rate is currently actually more in line with wilderness drops. I want it to be between wilderness and dungeon drops. But I also have to admit that stockpiling keys is something to be punished... and thus I'll be tuning key loss settings now.

Also I realize there is a fundamental difference between our playstyles. You're willing to have the really debilitating devices locked on to your PC, but I'm not. Clearly, that small difference can cause large changes in how our mods are configured.

More spoilerage:

Slut and Slave collars.

Again, these seem to have very, ah, optimistic settings out of the box. I generally set them for 1-10 sex acts and 1-5 days.

Of course, anything that encourages you to wait around is a bad idea when you need sleep. But it's easy to wait around for a week, then have a nights sleep to fix the fatigue.

Again, it's not the sex acts required to get out of these that really bother me, it's the added requirement of nudity or death by electrocution that I dislike. I'd love them if they just had a lock that only worked if you satisfied sexual requirements. In fact, I'd love that.

• A slut collar: locked up until you can avoid sex for x days while still being seen in public on each of those days.
  • A slave collar: locked up until you've done x people each day for y days in a row. Which now that I think about it, kinda ties in with my idea of public sex slavery.
  • Orgasm collar: locked on until you can have x orgasms in a single day.
  • Dignity collar: locked until you avoid creature sex for x days.
  • Bitch collar: locked up until you manage to be used by x creatures for y days.
  • Breeder collar: stay locked up 'til you're knocked up!
  • Addict's collar: locked until you reduce your skooma whore decay stages to low levels.
  • Exhibition collar: locked up until you receive x nude comments from citizens or guards for y days.
  • Conditioning collar: locked up until you go x days wearing y devious devices in public areas.
  • Bandit trap collar: locked up until you find a band of bandits and present yourself to them willingly.
  • Chaurus collar: locked up until you are infected with a chaurus parasite.
  • Cum Dump collar: locked up until you max out your Fill Her Up inflation.
  • Ramp-up for all of this type of collar: set the settings low at first if you want, but if you have Ramp-up enabled, each time you get one of these collars, the requirements get more difficult.
But all of that is going to have to be a new mod for my desires, since I'd want none of them to do anything but what's listed in that list. No undressing (except the exhibition collar), no shocks, no killing your player. You should be able to resist the collar's requirements, but I also think that should increase negative consequences somehow. At least increase them more than just having a collar on would.

Combat Arousal mod

I have disabled the armour break and follower support.

The purpose of this mod for me is to force the players arousal up, with all of the negative effects that has. Ie rape risk, self bondage, skill growth penalties, etc.

For me the armor break/drop is to add more risk to combat. The goal being to punish me if I don't pay attention to blocking and retaliating strikes properly. And to force me to consider how I'm going to take on larger groups without getting beat down because my clothing/armor flies off of me.

Which suggests an addition to the mod I hadn't thought of. Why is arousal not boosted by having your equipment broken or unequipped? It should be. So I'm adding that to my patch, too. It'll be a configurable amount too.

The thing about slightly silly awkward animated sex sequences is that they are always going to be, well, slightly silly and awkward.

Which means I don't actually want that many of them. It's all about the tension and the buildup, rather than the squence itself.

Hence my stance on agressive wear and tear settings - I want the sex to be something I'm mostly trying to avoid.

So then when it does happen, the effect is "Did dovakin really just get bent over and fisted in the middle of the street? Fucking hell." rather than "yet another assrape sequence. Yawn."

I don't want her/me to get used to it. I want it always to be this novel and crazy thing.

I want physical effects to decrease as my PC's body gets used to what's happening on a daily basis. But mentally, I want the complete debasement to have an effect. So to clarify, high physical effects in the beginning, low mental effects in the beginning (except for the rape trauma effect from Devious Attributes, which I think should stay the way it is). At the end of the spiral, the physical effects are low (though still there), but the mental effects of becoming used to being abused should be high. She should have minimal willpower, minimal pride, minimal self esteem. Combined with the fetishes, the result is gameplay effects that make flinging spells more costly (making magic perks that much more important if a mage playthrough) and non-gameplay effects that make my decisions debilitating. Now if only this were possible in the mods that are out there.

Cutscenes/Scene changes on death.

This is going to be hard to avoid entirely I think.

Defeat will cover it to some extent. Most if not all of the post-Defeat senarios can be disabled so that when Defeat ends you will just be left standing there.

But once you actually Die for some reason?

I think the choices are 'load an earlier save and try again' or 'Let Death Alternative' do it's thing.

I'm open to other ideas tho.

I'll relent in one way. I won't mind a transition screen if I've been given the chance to escape after an assault, but still get caught by the assaulters. I'm not entirely happy with any of the combat sex options I've tried (though I need to test helpless more, I tend not to lose combats), either because I can't figure out how to get the settings to do what I want, or because none of them are even designed to do what I want.

• A slut collar: locked up until you can avoid sex for x days while still being seen in public on each of those days.
  • A slave collar: locked up until you've done x people each day for y days in a row. Which now that I think about it, kinda ties in with my idea of public sex slavery.
  • Orgasm collar: locked on until you can have x orgasms in a single day.
  • Dignity collar: locked until you avoid creature sex for x days.
  • Bitch collar: locked up until you manage to be used by x creatures for y days.
  • Breeder collar: stay locked up 'til you're knocked up!
  • Addict's collar: locked until you reduce your skooma whore decay stages to low levels.
  • Exhibition collar: locked up until you receive x nude comments from citizens or guards for y days.
  • Conditioning collar: locked up until you go x days wearing y devious devices in public areas.
  • Bandit trap collar: locked up until you find a band of bandits and present yourself to them willingly.
  • Chaurus collar: locked up until you are infected with a chaurus parasite.
  • Cum Dump collar: locked up until you max out your Fill Her Up inflation.
  • Ramp-up for all of this type of collar: set the settings low at first if you want, but if you have Ramp-up enabled, each time you get one of these collars, the requirements get more difficult.

You should suggest that in DCL thread. Kimy might add some of them, considering collars that are very similar to your description of slut/slave collar are already in the mod.

Speaking of which, as a gold sink I really do recommend Contraband.

Oooh! Okay, now this I like. I tend to loot only expensive, low weight items, myself, but I think this is getting added to my modlist, if only to see just how much more of a money... void? it can end up being.

So I went ahead and tested this, and my initial optimism quickly went away. Lostdreamer's right, this plus Scarcity, plus other money sink/trade difficulty type mods is just too much. There are two reasons why I chose to drop Contraband for this playstyle instead of anything else:

• Incentive: Contraband removes the incentive to open containers unless you know the container has something you want. And that means fewer Cursed Loot/Devious Chest traps.
  • Immersion: How the damn hell would any merchant know that the amethyst I'm trying to pawn off on them is stolen? Even the gold is marked stolen? Does Skyrim put serial numbers on their coins or something?
So that one's not actually for me. Though it was quite good at reducing the income generated, I find that Scarcity and Trade & Banter do a good job of reducing the loot income amounts without reducing the incentive to risk traps nor the immersion of the game itself.

You should suggest that in DCL thread. Kimy might add some of them, considering collars that are very similar to your description of slut/slave collar are already in the mod.

I considered it, but after working on my Combat Arousal patch I realized that some of this modding isn't too terribly difficult for me, especially the type of stuff that I feel is lacking from my modlist. With any luck, those collars might be easy enough to implement. Most of them at least. Also, I wanted to have a method to make sure my character gets disarmed and targeted by Deviously Helpless instead of always dying (I figure an inexperienced PC is likely to give up and take what comes her way). So I programmed a mod to automatically disarm and sheath weapons upon reaching a configurable health percentage. And my last test worked perfectly. Only problem? Deviously Helpless doesn't seem to have a config option to prevent the addition of wrist ropes after you get used, and that's not what I want. *sigh*

So now I'm just diving in. I'll be making a mod that combines Combat Arousal's ideas into my disarming code, along with a post surrender/disarm aggressive sex system. I'll be calling it Devious Aftermath.

Of course, if anybody wants to use those ideas to make similar collars, I don't mind one bit.

• 4 months later...

Hello again folks.

After having to remove most of this to play fallout for a bit (skyrim + All the mods pretty much used up the small SSD they were on!) i'm back fumbling *ahem* around with this again.

Can't stay away it would seem.

Guess that is a sign how good a lot of the work and mod's floating around here are that it encourages returning and replaying to quite this level.

I've also found one of the advantages of MO over NMM. When I culled skyrim to make space on the SSD, I just copied MO into bulk filestore.

...and so, I can just copy it back again and it works. I'm not having to rebuild and reinstall everything from scratch.

...infact, I'm currently running it from the bulk filestore, having skipped over the 'copy it back' part of the process because I don't want to have to cull everything else to make room. Load times are at the long end of acceptable, but it seems to work.

Otherwise, it was a case of re-downloading skyrim and doing the various config changes.

This thread gave me most of the config data I needed I think, although it wasn't quite the 'walkthrough' I had hoped/intended for at the start.

Config/setup done this time behind this handy stylish spoiler:

STEP papyrus tweaks:
http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide_talk:Troubleshooting

SKSE preloader:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795/?

STEP ENBoost
http://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost

Disable Steam Overlay

STEP Skyrim.ini & Skyrimprefs.ini Tweaks.
http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings
NB: Possibly revisit trees:
http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Skyrim_Tree_Settings

Used these setting for multhreading in skyrim.ini:
[General]
iNumHWThreads=8  
iHWThread6=6  
iHWThread5=6  
iHWThread4=6  
iHWThread3=4  
iHWThread2=4  
iHWThread1=4  
iAIThread2HWThread=5  
iAIThread1HWThread=3  
iRenderingThread2HWThread=1    
iRenderingThread1HWThread=0  
bUseThreadedTempEffects=1  
bUseThreadedParticleSystem=1  
bMultiThreadMovement=1  
bUseThreadedMorpher=1  
bBorderRegionsEnabled=0  

Enabled papyrus debugging.

Got the SKSE.ini file from here and added it to the steam skyrim data folder:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038/?#content
The enabled logs in skse:
[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1

...which was only an hour or so, rather than the several days building it on previous passes.

I've almost certainly missed some of the config changes I made previously (as usual, if you spot any errors then please do tell me), but it seems to load and run the last batch of savegames without spitting obvious errors or crashing...

So the next step is probably to find any new mods and update any that have been updated.

I'll probably go full ENB this time around as I think I was a little too eager on culling the graphics previously, so suggestions for vibrantly colourful enb's where you can still see in the dungeons will be well recevied.

It's good to be back.

...so, where was I?

It's up and working and playable.

Some stuff doesn't seem to be behaving as I remember it.

Arousal only seems to go up for example, which results in me spending way too long at 100!

Traps and Pitfalls doesn't seem to be triggering encounters.

Defeat/Death Alternative seem a bit flaky - I thought I had got them working.

Load screens are starting to get quite long, I may need to see what I can streamline at some point.

New stuff:

• Sanguines Debauchery added, and seems stable.
  • Devious Training added, and removed. It's still way too punitive, and cripples me pretty much the moment I trip a DCL encounter.
  • Shout Like a Virgin added, and removed. Clearly a good mod and an interesting idea but it isn't going to interact well with other elements of the build (DCL's rape and Defeat primarily). It's a strongly driven storyarc / questline that takes over the game a bit much for this build. Looks like it would be well worth considering as an alternative to Slaverun or Maria Eden as the keystone of an x-rated build.
  • Expanded Towns and Cities added, and JK's Skyrim removed. Unsure about this one, but EtaC promises me quests as well as reworking locations. JK's was very pretty, and EtaC seems to add a few too many merchants and other stuff for my taste, so we shall see. I havn't rolled back the change yet tho.
  • Added the latest version of Legend of The Dragonborn. Havn't done too much with it yet, but it seems stable.
  • The biggest gameplay change was adding even more chaos and confusion to the world map, in the form of rampant overgrowth everywhere. Tropical Skyrim, WhiterunHoldForest & Fantasy Forest Overhaul. Still trying to get the grass right so that I can kinda see where roads and stuff goes but it's also tall enough that things can easily get lost in it. This is a bit more hit and miss. There are some odd graphical artifacts, especially around Morthal. Can be a bit schitzophrenic as some of the other graphics mods emphasise the 'cold and bleak' mood so you end up with snow and palm trees at once. You also spend too long up close and personal with textures that clearly were never ment to be full screen. But when it works, it's GREAT. Really colourful stunning scenery, and a real tendency for encounters to end up exciting as monsters hide in all the undergrowth. Hacking through forest hunting forgotten ruins actually feels like you are going deep into the wilderness where nobody has been in generations. Also adds an unexpected gold sink - if you ain't very careful, your odds of finding the bodies of your fallen foes isn't high...

I think that's about it.

...And now I reach the point where, after having messed around pulling a few mods in and out of my load order I need to clean my save.

So I download The save game script cleaner from here:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/?

...and I get 'savetool.exe has stopped working' when I try and load a save to clean.

Bah. New and interesting problems. I've tried adding an antivirus exception, but it hasn't helped.

Any hints folks?

depending on your mod list and other factors (number of animations etc) if you have to use crash fixes to play due to default string limits you may have to use a different tool

for cleaning your save game (try Resaver which is part of Fallrim tools http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-fallrimtools-script-cleaner-and-more/ .

as stated by 43deadwood if you use MO you need to run whichever you use from inside MO for it to work properly.

depending on your mod list and other factors (number of animations etc) if you have to use crash fixes to play due to default string limits you may have to use a different tool

for cleaning your save game (try Resaver which is part of Fallrim tools http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2885-fallrimtools-script-cleaner-and-more/ .

as stated by 43deadwood if you use MO you need to run whichever you use from inside MO for it to work properly.

I've got a surprising number of mods by now, so I can easily believe I am over the default string limits.

You know how it is. You keep adding cool stuff until something breaks, then you roll back a couple of them, bugfix - then go back to adding cool stuff again.

Before you know it you have 350 mods and 200+ strong load order. :D

Yeah, I was running Savetool through MO and had disabled antivirus etc for it because apparently there were some issues (it randomly edits files belonging to other programs, so I can see why antivirus might get confused...). I hadn't needed to do any of that previously tho, and it didn't help.

ReSaver, however, seems to work nicely.

Thank you.

Some more progress.

I'm still piling in more as now that I have started looking for them i'm noticing them. Load times are getting bonkers (as in 'make a cup of tea whilst the game loads initially') so I really need to cull some of that. Shame. I've got Vivid Weathers ENB working as well after some fighting. It does make stuff like the weather look spectacular. On the load times subject, I have a quick question:

• If in Mod Organiser I have a large mod full of high res textures and the related lower res texture packs (Legacy of the Dragonborn for example, followed by it's 1k optimised textures) is this quicker to load than the mod on it's own because the graphics load is less, or slower because MO is loading two big mods rather than one?

Spent ages trying to deal with an annoying graphics glich. There is a confict between Tamriel Reloaded and Summer Skyrim, I think.

Tamriel reloaded adds loads of nice, bright and colourful textures that adds to the whole 'fantasy world' feel. One of these is an ivy texture on walls in whiterun.

Summer Skyrim adds loads of bonus grass. This combined with Grass On Steroids which makes the grass bigger helps create that wilderness feel where monsters sneak up on you and you lose control of encounters. But it also seems to change the texture of the top of those terrace walls back to flagstones, which is quite jarring as it really doesn't match. Or it might be one of the high res texture packs for the grass (not optional when your wilderness can be head height!).

Lots of time messing around trying to figure out what was going on with that conflict. I still havn't solved it, because when I fix one it seems to break the other. I can have either invasive wilderness for monsters to hide in and unfortunate bandit intimacy or I can have matching walls. I've settled for 'bandit intimacy' for now, but it's on the list to go back to and try and properly work out what is going on.

Traps and pitfalls is growing on me as a mod. It helps make dungeons 'dangerous places people shouldn't go to' rather than 'a handy source of swords and gold'. Because it adds random encounters, it isn't just a case of creeping through the place sneaking up on the inhabitants. Dungeons are full of monsters and traps, and they will be everywhere. Because there is also a time element to how these traps trigger it helps add to the creepy feeling of not wanting to hang around.

I've also discovered Exhibitionist Player recently. Primarily, it stops you getting dressed immediately if you get stripped for some reason (Get Stripped for example). Shopkeepers may also refuse to serve you unless you show them some flesh. This forced nudity feeds back nicely into Cursed Loot's rape and public indecency functionality.

• If in Mod Organiser I have a large mod full of high res textures and the related lower res texture packs (Legacy of the Dragonborn for example, followed by it's 1k optimised textures) is this quicker to load than the mod on it's own because the graphics load is less, or slower because MO is loading two big mods rather than one?

Mod Organizer doesn't load the mods per se, as I understand it, it uses the left panel to determine exactly which files to pass off as fake "Data folder" files to Skyrim.

In other words, I'm 99% sure it will be faster as you describe it, because there's no reason Skyrim should ever touch the files that MO already knows should be ignored.

In other words, I'm 99% sure it will be faster as you describe it, because there's no reason Skyrim should ever touch the files that MO already knows should be ignored.

That was my instinct.

But I swear load times got shorter when I deleted a bunch of unticked legacy stuff from my profile that i wasn't using any more.

So I think it is doing something in terms of building that virtual folder when you launch skyrim, but I don't know what or how and may just be wrong.

That was my instinct.

But I swear load times got shorter when I deleted a bunch of unticked legacy stuff from my profile that i wasn't using any more.

So I think it is doing something in terms of building that virtual folder when you launch skyrim, but I don't know what or how and may just be wrong.

Huh, it's possible, I suppose. Was that drive getting near full?

Archived