Hello again everyone.

Well, i'm back messing around with BDSM skyrim again. Took a break for a few months after getting frustrated trying to make it all work, but I just couldn't stay away. :D

Firstly, let me open by saying a big THANK YOU to all the people who put in the heavy lifting behind the scenes actually writing the mods. They have contributed to making (kinky) skyrim the most enjoyable computer game I think I have ever played. Thank you so much for putting in your time, effort and imagination into building something this dynamic and interesting. Serious respect due.

I'm putting this thread up for several reasons:

• "How do I do BDSM skyrim?" is a common enough question - I know I asked it on my first playthrough. So I figured I may as well post up the mods & settings I use & why in the hope it helps other people have some fun.
  • I'm looking for review and feedback. It is in the hopes that forum members can catch the mistakes I am still making, help me fix them and possibly offer interesting ideas for how I can do it better, or other ideas that would work well. I'm also very open to feedback from people actually trying to replicate it and seeing how well it works for them.
  • It is also an exercise in documentation for my own reference. Hopefully by taking the time to write down what I am doing, link to related install guides etc I will make the process of me repairing or rebuilding this install at a later date much, much simpler.

This build is about interesting catch-22 situations and adding a bunch of tension (& kink) into the game due to added inevitability of it all going (un)plesantly wrong.

Before I get too stuck into things one other point I need to make:
I am not a modder, nor really a power user. I'm just a player, and this is only my second time having a crack at modding skyrim. Do not take anything I say as gospel, or even sensible. Your milage will vary, and I can pretty much promise I have some of this wrong.

But we only learn by doing, so I figure I may as well document the process and see where I end up. At least it should help me fix it when it breaks :)

My load order at time of writing should be attached. Those are the mods I'm using!
But why?

All the 'normal' stuff.
Bug fixes & tweaks, common interface updates / refreshes etc. I'll go through all the rude mods in more detail but most of the stuff from Nexus etc I'm just going to skip right over. If you don't recognise a particular mod, just google it.

Stripped down graphics.
I've learned the lesson of not trying to do everything at once. This build is intended to focus on gameplay and kink, so the graphics has had to take a back seat. The logical extension of this decision was to pull a lot of the special effects etc back as well to try and make some resource headroom for the inevitable papyris load.

CBBE & related textures.
This is the main exception to the above. We want our leading lady looking nice. I like my girls with curves, so chose CBBE.

Deviously Cursed Loot.
This is the backbone of the install really. I can't recommend it enough. And I recommend it even more for a second playthough as it rather changes how you play the game. Suddenly you find yourself a lot more cautious about searching every single container in dungeons - and as you get deeper, you get more and more nervous as you get more and more tied up and less able to defend yourself...

For the various probabilities I've found I want them fairly low in cities & wilderness so I don't in trouble when wandering around but fairly high in dungeons, so I DO get in trouble there! Most of the probabilites for DCL's (awesome) quest triggers are turned right down - i've found the best approach is if you want to do one to actively set it to trigger and deliberately set it off. But don't disable them entirely, because you want some risk ;) Getting these right is tricky - too low and nothing really happens because you escape too easily. Too high, you always end up in armbinder hell and it's just a clusterfuck. The 'sweet spot' is quite a narrow band and I don't think I have quite found it yet.

Bondage dialog disabled because it gets old fast, likewise for the misogeny rape. Device Comments left active, but only when bound visibly.

Rape is set to two out of naked/dark/deviced/horny, with a reasonable probability and a moderate time out afterwards. Only one trigger was a bit much especially as with this build rape is something you do mostly want to avoid.

Public indecency is still enabled - see above about 'try not to get raped'.

Prison Overhaul.
Took a little bit of experimentation to get this right - or, more likely - being pointed at the 8j patch!

It should be set up at a level where you will get repeatedly used, beaten and drugged. Which will take a while, but shouldn't take forever. Expect to leave prison with punishing levels of wear and tear and a unhealthy boost to your skooma levels. So, you know, try and avoid that happening.

Maria Eden.
Added for the magnificent prositution mechanic.
Pimp yourself out to the first mercenary follower you meet and don't look back ;). This also has a nice effect of putting you under a time constraint. The longer you take doing stuff, the more you owe your pimp. Shame it's dangerous wandering around after dark, eh?

Sadly, ME has a couple of annoying habits. It likes to change the character's name, and it uses a different method to remove restraints that isn't compatable with DD-integration. However, being constantly under time pressures is fantastic and I like the prositution mechanism enough that I have decided to tollerate the first and work around the second with console commands when I need to.

Don't forget to configure your choice outfits in it.

Defeat.
This combined with Death Alternative - YMOL have two purposes.
The first is to allow you to lose fights in a non permanent way - you get raped if you only lose a bit, and enslaved/whatever if you die completely. Either way, the game continues and you don't have to reload. This is handy because with all the bondage and skill/stat penalties floating around from wear and tear, devious training and drug addiction the fights just got a whole lot harder!
The second is to form part of the 'try not to get raped' functionality.

Currently has knockdown locally disabled and handled through Death Alternative and followers not handled. I think these settings work, but I havn't tested it as thoroughly as I could have. I'm assuming it will also work for unexpected Troll / Draughir sex, but again havn't properly tested this assumption.

SkoomaWhore.
This is a bit more of a slow burn than DCL, but it's interesting when it starts really kicking in and you find yourself having to choose between feeding the spiraling addiction or fighting in withdrawal.

Devious Devices Etc.
Set making the key to easy - you are going to need it.

Disable all movement penalties, menu lock outs & fast travel denial as they quickly get more annoying than they are worth.

Devious Training added to make (inevitably) triggering DCL traps more problematic. It should be set so that it only gives penalties for being untrained - no bonuses, or penalties if you manage to escape your bondage.

Apropos & Sexlab Wear and Tear.
They each do slightly different but related things.
 Apropos gives a nice graphic on screen description of you getting fucked, but Wear and Tear has more configurable wear and tear settings so can be set more agressively. It's normally set so that you can probably get away with a bit of consensual sex, or a rough blowjob - but if you get raped up the bottom it will take you straight to bleeding out your ass. See the theme of 'Getting Raped is bad for you."

Estrus Chaurus and Estrus spiders.
Added more for the horrifying impregnation/breeding mechanic than for unessesary tentacle sex. Currently untested, but they look like they went in ok.

Slavetats.
For the pretty.
And 'cause it's nice to be forced to undress and reveal humiliating tattos. ;)

Get Stripped Again.
This is hard quest to actively trigger, and I have heard good things about it so I added it in the hopes that it would trigger naturally.

Walkthrough of how I installed it all to follow, with copies of MCM config files where applicable.

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2016-10-09T23-16-05.txt

This is a bit messy, because it's basically a flow-of-notes from me doing it. I may come back and tidy it up a bit later. Or I may not.

1)

Uninstall skyrim, and delete anything left over in the folder.
Likewise, empty NMM's virtual install folder of anything left behind.

2)

Install all the patches and the basic UI changes etc.
Set to windowed and disabled reflections etc.
Check load order, Launch and check it's working.

3)

Tweak the .ini files according to the STEP guide.
Enable papyrus debugging in skyrim.ini:
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0000
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Enable crash logs in skse.ini:
[Debug]
WriteMinidumps=1
(They show up in the save game folder: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\Crashdumps)

Add gameplay mods, performance textures and mods.
Tidy load order, launch and check it's working.

4)

Add CBBE etc:
Guide for getting HDT 'bouncy bouncy' setup properly:
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28507-how-to-install-hdt-step-1-click-this-an-overly-descriptive-tutorial/

ie: install & load in this order:
Realistic Ragdolls
FNIS
CBBE & related textures
HDT physics
Lastly: Skeleton - BBP choice.

Tidy load order, run FNIS, launch and check it's working.

5)

Add DCL & requirements.
Tidy load order, run FNIS, launch and check it's working.
After this point, DO NOT ROLL BACK DCL. For some reason, it may not re-install cleanly and fail in NMM just before bringing up the install menu. I've managed to re-produce this fault, but have no further info. I've previously had to do a full clean re-install to get DCL to take again.

6)

Add remaining Devious & Sexlab mods / animations - Excluding Prison Overhaul and Maria Eden.
Tidy load order etc.

7)

Add Prison Overhaul
Tidy load order etc.

8)

Add Maria Eden
Tidy load order etc.
Spot a theme here? DCL, PO & ME are all big and complex enough mods that it's worth making sure they seem to have gone in cleanly and taking a little while to make sure they seem to work as expected before adding more stuff that can confuse and break them.

ETA -> Sadly, after experimenting a bit I don't currently advise this. It works as standalone, but not as part of a Devious Devices centric build like this one.

9)

Add Civil War Overhaul & related patrol mods.
Other user's can probably skip over this - it's a quest arc I wanted to play through anyway, so figured I may as well use it as a test case. I've put it in right after the kink because it is notoriously script heavy so I want it in ASAP (even tho this stage in the build hardly counts for that...)
For quests in general the intention is to roll back previously completed quest mods, clean the save and then add the next quest I want to play rather than have a fistfull of them around at once.
Again, check load order and test.

ETA -> Again, Not actually recommened. Civil War Overhaul is a bunch of setpiece battles and turning half the map aggro. No use if you want to do anything else, and no fun for the big battles because they don't scale to level.

10)

Add the companion mods and the equipment packs.
Check load order etc.

11)

Do a bit of final testing to make sure you are happy with everything, then get stuck in and play.
See what happens.

Oh, and make a mental note to run Tes5Edit and tidy up the files then maybe build a bashed patch.

Things that havn't quite worked:
FootIK crashes are common. This a FNIS error due to too many animations if I understand it correctly. I've left as many animations out as I think I can, but it still happens. The main workaround is to open the console in the main menu, use 'coc qasmoke' and then load the save from there.

All the armor replacers seem to have resulted in some of the sexier clothing items being lost. I don't want everyone wandering around in platemail g-strings - but a bit more cleaveage and letting the HDT physics play a bit more would be nice.

Not quite sure of the settings for Defeat / Death alternative.
The intention is that Defeat triggers rape the moment you enter bleedout, but DA 'blackout' events don't trigger unless you actually enter blackout - the settings page on defeat suggests they might trigger after a DA event completes. More experimentation needed.

More testing is needed for the sexlab/DD mods in general to be honest. There are a lot of them, all with their own little quirks and habits. I should spend more time shaking out the bugs - but mostly I find myself just wanting to get stuck in and play.

So, erm, yeah. That's about where I am at with the build currently. Feel free to comment or ask questions or have a cup of tea or whatever.

That´s a pretty nice first steps guide for someone new to modding.

But I would highly recommend Mod Organizer instead of NMM it will make for a much more pleasant modding experience especially during an experimantation phase with unstable mods.

It might take a bit more time to get used to, but MO´s abillity to install and uninstall mods without a problem will make up for that pretty quickly. In addition it has alot of nice features like diffrent skyrim profiles with respective save files etc.

For some time now I have been entertaining my mind with the idea of creating a similar guide/thread so I'll just add my ideas and a relatively similar play-style here if you don't mind.

Apart from many similarities I've added a few needs and survival mods to flesh out the moments of being bound or enslaved by something else to struggle for apart from getting free. I'm using the classical combination of Realistic Needs and Diseases with Frostfall, Bathing in Skyrim, and the Pee and Fart mod from Lovers Lab.
Another significant part of my build is making the Dragonborn really REALLY poor. For that, I'm using Trade and Barter, with Scarcity mod on highest settings, Contraband, and a small mod that cuts down gold from Quests rewards. I found myself often relying on dungeons to fill up any septim shortages and those mods together with Cursed Loot render it fairly less beneficial. Right now dungeons are primarily a source of weapons or armor that I could not afford otherwise. For gathering gold to pay the exorbitant prices in inns courtesy of Perseids Inns and Taverns I have to rely either on prostituting my character, which is risky with Cursed Loot and Apropos, or on capturing and enslaving bandits with Paradise Halls or Defeat which is even more daring. Anything else like potions, armors, weapons can be achieved by crafting as well so that is finally a reason for me to really get into those parts of the game.
Other than that I rely heavily on the combination of slavery mods (quite a few of those) with things like Simple Slavery, and Deviously Enslaved as means of ending up in one of the possible outcomes, the second one especially dangerous while being hopelessly bound.
Right now I'm testing some new additions in the form of Shout Like a Virgin to give me an incentive to even look at the main quest-line and Captured Dreams v.4 to throw in my bunch of slavery-related ordeals after its reworks, so no Bashed Patch in this mixture yet and the stability isn't perfect neither. Before those I got stable game times of around 4-5 hours straight without CTDing as long as I refrained from non-sensible actions that might potentially bug out one of the mods.

So while your build is mostly BDSM oriented here is one enhanced by slavery aspects. Many of the ideas I had came from this fabulous thread.

Loadorder.txt

Thank you all for the comments so far.

Yes, please feel free to weigh in with ideas, suggestions and feedback - it will help me keep my keen when bashing my head against the desk going 'why doesn't it work?' ;)

highly recommend Mod Organizer, MO´s abillity to install and uninstall mods without a problem will make up for that pretty quickly.

I keep hearing good things about MO, but when I tried to use it (for a clean STEP install as the base for my last try) I didn't have much luck.

With NMM, I add a mod and install it. I then click it and uninstall it.

With MO, it all felt much more like a battle trying to get the mod to go in cleanly. It might be that NMM hides a lot of the errors and MO was throwing up a whole fist full of complaints I didn't know enough to be able to say 'yeah, whatever - that's irrelevant'.

I also remember tweaking .ini files to be a bit of a battle - MO want's to use virtual ones, but there isn't actually a virtual file to edit - just a bunch of ticky boxes, which may or may not be what you are looking for.

I might revisit MO, but I think I need to learn more about skyrim on a nuts-and-bolts level first.

I'm using the classical combination of Realistic Needs and Diseases with Frostfall, Bathing in Skyrim, and the Pee and Fart mod from Lovers Lab.

An interesting idea. I thought about some of them.

Partly I've got lots of random debuffs in the build already, partly Frostfall & Devious Collars of Nudity etc seems like an unhappy combination - and partly to cut back on the already heavy papyris load.

That said, if you are trying to make your/the dragonborn's life utterly miserable I can see their place.

A world/build like that would also explain why there arn't dragon slaying adventurers everywhere - because it's really fing hard!

Another significant part of my build is making the Dragonborn really REALLY poor.

A very good point.

And probably another one that's a very fine line.

I would want enough money that I probably can pay my Maria Eden pimp and keep them off my back, and pay the blacksmith to let me out of the armbinders etc again - but not enough that any of that is a foregone conclusion. After all, I want to be forced to use that lovely ME prositution system sometimes...

I think I will stick Trade and Barter in and see what happens...If nothing else, the possibility of making it very hard to trade when naked could have some interesting interactions with DCL. And possibly ME if I build a 'naked' whores outfit...which could also get me arrested/raped when out whoring...Hum...

Editied to add:

Another possible cash sink would be the 'Addicted' mod for Skooma Whore. I tried it a while back and found it a bit OTT, but the forced consumption combined with forced purchasing should make for an large hole in your pocket - or skills, if you have run out and are in withdrawal ;)

One thing to have in mind on cash flow is PC crafting. I've found it an easy way to break the vanilla play balance in half.

"Hello mr alchemist, can I buy all your ingredients for a pittance? Thanks. Now, don't mind me whilst I put on my alchemy pants and stand here by your workbench....say, would you like to buy this potion? It's really strong, and easily worth everything you have - now, who should I sell the rest of them to?"

or

"Hello mr Alduin. I hear you are scary. But I have a massively post legendary dagger, and pants of massive dagger skills. Would you like to die from dual wielding at hundreds of damage a hit?"

I'm simply going to try and avoid crafting stuff on this playthrough. If I want potions, I have to buy them. If I want a nice sword or armour, I have to find/buy it. Hopefully, this should also have the handy side effect of making magical item drops half way usefull.

Other than that I rely heavily on the combination of slavery mods.

I was very very tempted. Captured Dreams has some delicious quests for example.

...but it's not quite what I am trying to do.

I want to end up with a playable skyrim game where I can run off and do the stock quests - which with many mods like Sanquines Debauchery I found difficult. Once you were enslaved, you were (quite rightly) enslaved. And much like the dungeons seem to degenerate into 'kill everything, loot the box' most of the slavery mods felt like the ended up as 'fuck everything'. Maybe I was doing them wrong.

Captured Dreams would certainly subsitute nicely for ME in the above build, and possibly be more stable due to being DD native. But it doesn't add that time pressure that having a pimp in ME does.

Many of the ideas I had came from this fabulous thread.

I think I recognise that thread...pretty sure that it was responsible (along with the 'devious skyrim' sticky) for getting me started on this slippery slope!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways.

After a bit of running around and testing, I was happy to find that the build I started with mostly works out of the box.

Estrus Chaurus seems to work, but I was a little disapointed to find that I didn't have to fight the critters that came out...maybe if I hang around a bit the eggs will hatch?

I might remove it - it seems to be a lot of animations etc for not much extra game (partly due to all the other mods it's competing with). The dwemer machines leaving you exhausted afterwards does add a bit of variety to DCL events tho. I should probably find a falmer lair to test it properly before making up my mind.

Have managed to trigger Defeat rape sequences, but that still needs more testing - currently i'm getting raped and my followers are carrying on fighting. I suspect this is simply that I havn't correctly set follower handling in Defeat.

Whoever said Civil War Overhaul was trouble were entirely correct - it seems to consist of massive setpiece fight sequences that arn't scaled to level so you either get squished or watch. Oh, and then you end up stumbling across bosses on the world map that are set to essential. Now removed, but now I need to work out what the console command to reset all faction relationships is. I don't suppose anyone knows do they?

And, if I have done it correctly there should be a DCL settings profile for future reference. I found it in:

...SteamEtc.../Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins/DCUR.

Which will hopefully save me (or other people) ages changing the settings every time I start a new game!

DCURConfig.json

It's bad form replying to my own post, i know.

But I did say part of the point of posting the thread in the first place was documenting what I was doing for my own reference, as well as giving everyone else a chance to point and laugh!

I've looked at and added in some elements of Duerth's build - I think he is bang on the money with elements that affect the cashflow and therefore make the player more vulnerable.

With Civil war pulled out I have added in some bonus bandits to make trouble, and Immserive Creatures to increase variety so I'm meeting new and interesting things.

Finally tweaked Defeat and got it working properly.

I've ended up setting up Defeat and Death Alternative as essentially stand alone mods with minimal interaction.

The intended effect is:

• Below 30% Health Defeat triggers and rough sex happens.
  • When the rough sex finishes, nothing further happens. No DA events, no being attacked again by the monsters that have just beaten me. It's over, and I'm left on the ground in a pool of my own tears.
  • If I hit 0% Health for some reason I die and Death Alternative kicks in with either an against-all-odds rescue or and-you-didn't-think-things-could-get-worse-how-wrong-were-you depending how lucky I am.

The current implementation is:

• Prison Overhaul stops whipping me at 35%. This is useful, because PO and Defeat fighting over what is going on leads to some amusing conflicts (*)
  • Defeat is set to trigger on 30% health, with the bleedout trigger disabled and followers set to 'original' ie they go down when I do. Defeat happens.
  • Defeat ends. End of Scene is set to 'Trauma', which gives me 10secs to run like hell before the monsters get agressive again. It's tight, but doable. All other events are set to 0%, so nothing else should happen.
  • If I don't get away in time / heal up, another round of Defeat will probably trigger. This is probably the most likely way of running out of health completely.
  • Death Alternative is set to trigger at 0% health, so will skip straight over bleedout events and should trigger it's 'Blackout' events.

Can anyone confirm this is correct?

I'm still getting FootIK crashes. Which is hardly suprising, given I havn't tried to fix them at all. Does anyone know how I go about resolving these, or am I stuck with the 'coc qasmoke' workaround?

I'm also still struggling to shake the bugs out of Maria Eden.

I can't relyably trigger prositution dialog, and my pimp doesn't always come looking for me.

If he decides to punish me, he tells me to kneel down and then sort of walks away in a series of short teleports suggesting there is an animation/trigger waiting to happen. I'm concerned that this is another example of ME and DDI being incompatable - am I correct?

I really want to use this mod. I love how interactive the prositution mechanism itself is and how it isn't just 'roll the dice and see what happens'. I also love the idea of having to find the money to pay my pimp every day, 'or else'. I'm assuming 'or else' involves some of the truly horrid 'special task' senarios and probably getting sold into slavery if you are really slack.

....I think that's about where I am up to.

Ta-Ta for now. ;)

(*) = ie seems to mostly work, if being beaten senseless in prison and then fucked because you are too weak to stand is your thing. But it looks like a can of worms I don't really need.

You can use Requiem.

Requiem makes players its bitch.

Combined with RND you'll be blowing someone for bread in no time for a long time.

Bein captured by evil factions and monsters gets boring AF tho because ur on a leash and if you bring them along with you they just eat everyone.

It's the same thing every day.:

-Spam I'm hungry

-The rape train, and it has no breaks.

-Nagging, and I'm like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-Not fapping, just gradually going from PMSL to facedesking.

-Attempt escape if not bound.

-Load because something screwy happened when I lost and Whiterun is nuked by necromancers, or Owner won't go away or is stuck somewhere.

-Wait the next day.

It's fun making a break for it to town butt naked with Frostfall to flag down a guard to turn off the shock collar, as long as you can elude the Owner.

BTW the foot crash thingy, I just umm keep my first save and I load that first.

You can use Requiem.

True.

But it's a full overhaul mod.

Part of what I'm enjoying about modding skyrim is I get to build/play a game I want - not the game someone else thought was best.

The other risk of a full overhaul is I stand a good chance of introducing weird and non standard problems/interactions with the other mods - I'm having enough trouble getting them to work cleanly as it is.

Now the flipside of that logic is that other people get to build the game they want and no two games are alike. I'm not going to fault your choice. But I think I want to build around the core skyrim engine.

Bein captured by evil factions and monsters gets boring tho.

It's the same thing every day.:

The rape train, and it has no breaks.

Yeah, much my experience with a lot of them.

I think that's why I'm hanging so much stuff around the dynamics of Cursed Loot - sex in that is a possibility/risk, not a repetative certainty.

If you get unlucky when you open a box, then you might get unfortunate tentacle rape.

If you got to town after dark and tied up, then you might get taken advantage of.

If you speak to someone whilst tied up and vulnerable, then again - you might get taken advantage of.

If you...etc.

None of it is certain, and all of it you have some control over - Don't walk around in the dark, or wearing chastity belts for example. And even if you do find it repetative (misogyny dialog for example) then you can adjust it to a level that works for you.

foot crash thingy, I just umm keep my first save and I load that first.

That will work like my current method of loading the qasmoke cell before loading my save I think.

I've found that trying to save in areas of low population densitity (ie the Drunken Huntsman rather than Whiterun Market) helps, but it's still not a solution.

Given that FNIS is add on functionality to skyrim anyways, and even the leanest of Sexlab installs add thousands of animations it might be there isn't much can be done.

But equally, given I also havn't found a post that says "This kind of crash is just going to happen, live with it." - I dunno. If everyone was battling it, I rather assume I would be able to find out more about it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is everything else at?

I've very reluctantly taken the choice to remove Maria Eden from the build. I really want it, but it doesn't play nice with the rest of the framework. I could try reworking it to centre on ME rather than devious devices, but then I lose a whole bunch of other stuff.

Otherwise, it's starting to feel like there is an end in sight and I almost have a playable game.

The latest problem to turn up is some zombie debuff's not being correctly applied/removed and hanging around somewhere other than the 'magic effects' menu where I can identify/kill them.

I think the likely suspect is Devious Training, but it might also be the result of cleaning savegames whilst rolling mods in and out.

HDT doesn't seem quite right, but HDT never seems quite right so I don't actually know if it's got confused or not.

Not sure if I can be bothered trying to add ENB boost or not. I've heard good things about ENB's, but beyond the FootIK issue on initial load it seems (touch wood) fairly stable. So if it ain't broke...

The worst thing's gotta be the hour it takes to config all the menus every start lol.  Some mods I really wish they had an import/export function.

It's slightly more hectic that I don't use LOOT, but I don't trust it and it doesn't work with MO anyways (but you don't like MO right?).  I mean, I dunno some say it does but I can't get it to.

Load orders can be so picky.  This one time every time I was defeated with Defeat or DA, I got a permanent double vision (I don't even think they're supposed to give a double vision effect).  I didn't know it was permanent until a bunch of traveling and stuff I was totally bummed out that I wasted like an hour and it was, like, DD Integration needed to be moved up in the order or some crap and I never got it again. What even?  It was a consistent glitch too!

It stinks sometimes RTFM ain't enough.  Some of these mods don't even come with a readme, and they just say on the forum "u need dis and dis."

Get ENBoost because it will cut down on crashes during the game (not crash on load tho, but outside Honningbrew Meadery was giving me a migraine for a while). I almost never crash and I rarely get stuttering and I'm, like, over 170 plugins. Also, clean the master files that came with the game.  Should run a lot smoother.

The worst thing's gotta be the hour it takes to config all the menus every start lol.

It does get boring fast, and is one of the reasons I know I prefer to try and carry on working from one save rather than keep restarting the game - character gen and setup is a headache.

Hence thinking I may as well do this thread, and try and help others shortcut the process. The idea being by adding the various config files to the thread, hopefully I can save others hours of setup tweaking - assuming they are happy with my settings, of course! Oh, and save myself when I inevitably have to rebuild from first principles due to doing something dumb.

Speaking of which, I think I am now mostly at the 'playtesting' rather than 'mod testing' stage.

I've attached all the config files that were obvious. They all go in their own directorys in:

Skyrim.../SKSE/Plugins

Except for Wear and Tear that goes in Sexlab's directory, and the POP one that goes in a directory called "xazPrisonOverhaul - Patch".

I've also tacked on the load order as it stands at the moment. I might review some of the extra encounter mods, but I think most of the sexlab stuff should work fairly well in this configuration.

DCURConfig.json

DefeatConfig.json

SexlabConfig.json

WearAndTearConfig.json

xpopConfig - Pop.json

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2016-10-12T19-56-57.txt

Gotta restart if you fudge up your load order or decide to take certain mods out, otherwise it could corrupt and bloat saves, break other mods, etc because even if you take a mod out it still blew a nut in your game's butthole and lefts its mark.

..unless, IDK, your first save with all the config done don't have the mod in it you move or take out.

Gotta restart if you fudge up your load order or decide to take certain mods out.

Some mods arn't too cranky (anything that is just textures for example), but I find mostly that if I remove the mod, load the game and wait in game a few hours then resave then I (seem) to be ok. This is also the start of the daignostic process on with most mod issues - remove it and reinstall it to try and make sure nothing has randomly overwritten part of it.

I find I am constantly 'tweaking' the mod mix so if I restarted the game every time I changed it I would never manage to do anything!

-------------------------------------

Playtesting is going well so far. It mostly works, and it does seem to be a playable game.

A couple of bad habits - somewhere along the lines Skills Config seems to have got it's knickers in a twist and doesn't work smoothly. Not sure how far back that issue goes as I only really use it when starting a playthrough to tweak / fast level the PC. However, for the same reason it's a fairly trivial failure. It still kindof works, and reinstalling it didn't help so...meh.

I added ENboost and havn't seen any difference, but I wasn't expecting any noticeable differences.

Likewise for stuff like master file cleaning and bashed patches which were actually done a little while back.

The biggest issue is that debuffs etc seem to be not showing in 'Magic Effects'. I notice changes to stamina regen etc in play, so I think they are being applied - I just can't see them. This applies to magic items as well. It's been present since game start I think, so it isn't an issue with a corrupt mod. Not quite sure what is going on, and a quick google hasn't been any help. If anyone has any bright ideas as to where to start / what logs to look at etc then I would love to hear them ;)

I'm liking how some of the mods are interacting.

For example, due to Persieds Inns and Taverns I find myself seeking out wilderness bolt holes to rest in if I need to recover after triggering defeat or similar. Which means a) I'm exploring more - all to the good and B) the chances of being ambushed in my sleep due to cursed loot went up.

Contraband works nicely - and again, has some interesting secondary effects. No more looting anyone when there are witnesses around for example. It also means I'm doing things like looting animal furs for legitimate trade whereas they were chaff items before.

I've rolled back one of the mods for new and interesting wilderness encounters - Extra Encounters Reborn. All of these mods use the same trigger points, so rather than triggering one encounter it triggers all the mods and you end up with three at once. Sometimes this works (Patrols attacking passing wild animals for example) but it all feels a bit unnessary.

Honestly, for the most part Persied's Inns And Taverns makes it even easier to stay somewhere.  Like 113 for 3 days, and prostitution mods like Radiant Prostitution pretty much allow you to live in there and still have money to play with.  After a few upgrades that snuck up on me I got ~700 gold from some fugly miner girl I was like OMFG I went from Deuce Bigalow to Antoine over an in-game week.  I actually had to nerf it in the MCM because of the rate you get hired I couldn't lift the gold.

...Which is good for me because Requiem jacks prices up and makes every merchant a con man that won't give me 50 gold for looted plate armor.

So I'll lose it if I get SD+'d again. Big deal.  I don't need to win to get XP in TES. lol

You added ENBoost but did you modify the ini?  There's something in there about memory.  I forget what lines.

I dunno y ur magic debuffs aren't showin up.  They may just be hidden.  Like, SD+ and DD are supposed to really cripple some factors behind the scenes  I didn't notice because I can't lockpick at all and I already have a bajillion other things modifying my run speed. A sabercat defeating me ifyouknowwhatimean and then frostfall killing me basically freezes me in place for 3 minutes when I revive. I was like omfg that was awful he's catatonic.  Thx LL, now I can lose in this game and PMSL instead of raging.

If youre curious, bring up the console and click on yourself and see what's really modifying you.  Turns out a lot of things are hidden.  Like, for me Requiem's mass effect that affects like everything I do has a bunch of hidden modifiers. SOS has hidden stuff it throws around to detect things.

Honestly, for the most part Persied's Inns And Taverns makes it even easier to stay somewhere.  Like 113 for 3 days, and prostitution mods like Radiant Prostitution pretty much allow you to live in there and still have money to play with.  After a few upgrades that snuck up on me I got ~700 gold from some fugly miner girl I was like OMFG I went from Deuce Bigalow to Antoine over an in-game week.

It's interesting how small differences in build and mods can make for quite different play.

Turns out I'm actually using Realistic Room Rental rather that Persied's, and that doesn't offer any form of disounts. You pay per day.

And I'm using the solicitation functionality from DCL rather than a seperate mod. In order for my poor doomed dragonborn to sell herself, she has to wear a collar. I probably have more aggressive wear and tear settings as well.

Which is in itself visable bondage, and one of two prequisites to just getting randomly raped. Even if she doesn't, visable bondage in itself can trigger a dialog tree that probably results in more bondage or rape.

...even if she get's away with that, she is probably going to be drugged by the john.

Each time she tries, the odds are in her favour that all that will happen is some drug addled sex and then she gets paid. But it only has to go wrong once to blow all her efforts for that day out of the water - the wear and tear alone will be more than she will heal in a day.

...and if it goes significantly wrong - gang rape, or an unlucky result with all the Devices her customers are using, then she is in even more trouble.

It's a viable short term solution to things like 'can I pay the blacksmith to free me' - but it shouldn't be a long term career option.

You added ENBoost but did you modify the ini?

As with the main game .ini files, I used the STEP projects recommened setup as a solid starting point.

Seems to be working ok so far.

The only Realistic Room Rental mod I know of is "Perseids Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Enhanced."  You mean you're just using the basic version.

Sounds like either way a room would b a blessing tho. Wow getting randomly drugged.  LOL that added frustration sounds right up my alley.

BTW omfg getting a collar off is hard as balls on hardcore mode.  I went to Windhelm because the smith there brags about being as good a smith as Eorlund but he's like nopers not skilled enough. >_< 

They'll remove everything else but you need a court wizard to blow a collar off for 500 gold, and they don't tell you how much it costs until they do it I'm like great I'm poor again.

BTW the wear and tear slowly wearing off cracks me up.  I'm just off doing survival things and it says somethin about your butt burns and you feel somethin oozing down your leg I'm like 0_0.

I've yet to see Sanguine show up btw.  When's he show up?  Isn't he supposed to curse you where everyone that's near you too long tries to surprise buttsex u?

Sounds like a room would be a blessing tho.

Should be more nessesary than it actually is.

Because Wear and Tear recovers just on time, it's quite possible to simply wait it out rather than sleep. I'm not running RND (too much micromanagement), so I only need to sleep for fatigue.

I've had the following situation occur:

Heroine: "Hello inkeeper. I'm kinda bleeding out of my ass following bandit rape. Can I talk to you about renting a room please?"

Innkeeper: "Ohh! Slut Collar! Hold Still!".

More sex ensues.

Innkeeper: "What was it you wanted?"

Heroine: "A bed. To heal. But I'm more injured now than I was when I walked into your inn, so that's clearly a stupid idea."

Heroine goes and hides behind the woodpile for a week where nobody can see her.

...then I only need to sleep for one day afterward to clear the exhaustion from not sleeping for a week.

Oh, and figure out how to get the Collar off. SD+ should have helped with that but...I'll come back to that point.

Wow getting randomly drugged.

Skooma Whore.

It's very much a slow burn but the flipside of that is when it starts kicking in it's interesting and difficult to escape from.

Once you start to get withdrawal effects, you either have to fight with them or feed the addiction.

...and they come in three flavours - Mental, Physical and Magical, all of which start kicking in at about the same time so even low withdrawal effects can get quite inconvenient.

My Heroine can get drugged in a variety of ways:

1) From Skooma Whore, any time she get's raped there is a chance of getting drugged as well. It's adjustable, but i've set it very high. See the intention at the start to build for 'rape is bad'.

2) A Cursed Loot trap event. This has the drawback that there is a chance she will end up playing with herself rather than drugged, but it mostly seems to work.

3) Cursed Loot solicitation. Because Cursed Loot is awesome and congfigurable for almost everything and interacts with almost every mod, you can also set a chance to get drugged when selling yourself. Again, this is set quite high.

4) Just taking the stuff. It's actually quite a handy combat drug - and winning the fight on drugs is better than losing and getting drugged and raped.

Naturally, it's much easier to pick up the addiction than it is to shake it off - and once you get to high levels some of the drawbacks from wandering around as a junkie are quite fun / troublesome. - it's not an issue if you get kicked out of Inns, or even town is it?

Oh, and it adds hidden Skooma Dens to each of the hold capitals. This mod comes highly recomended!

--------------------------------------------------------

So, where am I up to generally on the build?

Well, it was stable and playable - then I tweaked it.

World encounters still seem a bit all over the place. Both in level scaling and in a tendency to hit multiple encounters rolled into one. I've got OBIS, Immersive Patrols and Immersive Creatures. OBIS assures me that it doesn't cause extra spawns, but I assume IP and IC may well do. And I havn't a clue what is happening with the level scaling. I'm ok with there being some unwinable fights that actually I need to run away from (Fortunately, Defeat means I can run away AFTER having had my ass kicked too!) but it gets annoying when seemingly every fight is impossible. I had a quick google to try and find out the 'steps' that enemies scale to, but no joy. I don't suppose around 18th is one of them?

Cerwiden is actually a really good companion mod. I was getting a bit bored with her as I think her quest arc hangs on the main quest arc and I've played the main quest arc to death now so havn't gone near it.

So I tried other companions and none of them fight with you anything like as well - they were getting in my way, or they just wern't up to the job, or they were soloing the entire fight or... Anyways. Yeah. I know from previous experience Arissa has some fun sarcastic comments, but from a gameplay point of view Cerwiden is strongly recommended.

But I don't think messing around loading / removing companion mods is what broke my game.

I think it was Sanguines Debauchery.

It turns out that Cursed Loot doesn't have some of the dialog escape options I was/am used to. In Cursed Loot the idea is clearly that you have to find a way to escape on your own - just running to the nearest town and begging the blacksmith for help isn't going to be as much use as you might think.

Sanguines Debauchery however, does have this functionality. I think the expected play there is you escape from your master, run to the nearest town - and then you can beg the blacksmith to free you from your bondage. For a price, of course. A handy price in gold coins, rather than triggering further rape sequences. Excellent! Just what I want!

So I added SD and got stuck in.

And my game bogged down. Not so much in play, but loading screens started to take forever. As did saving. And it would now crash on initial load as well (something it hasn't done since I added the ENB btw. That seemed to contain the FootIK issue).

I wandered around a bit, but something was clearly not right.

So I decided to pull SD back out again and see if that fixed it.

It did, but it broke the MCM menu. SD is clearly a big and complex enough mod that interacts with so many other sexlab mods that lots of care needs to be taken on removal.

I had some signs Papyrus was starting to struggle before. Sexlab scenes and dialog triggered actions could take a few seconds to happen. I think SD was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. I tried disabling as much functionality as I could from SD, but it still seemed to bog down.

Which does leave me with MisterMannPersons problem that escaping from collars and Armbinders is currently less than satisfactory. I've got the 'struggle' options on armbinders set quite low so I can mostly wriggle out of them - but that isn't ideal, it would be nicer if I had to crawl around and find someone to set me free. It also won't help when the inevitable situation occurs and I end up in an armbinder when sufficently debuffed to not have any stamina.

Similarly with collars, I have the 'lockpick' settings quite low so have usually managed to pick them when I decide to try - but I have also set them to go up every time I do so eventually that won't work either.

For the moment, I think it's a case of rolling back to the last pre-SD save and living without that dialog tree. I don't suppose anyone has any bright ideas how I might get SD in and working, or other solutions for escape?

Hey, Lostdreamer! Thanks for putting together this great build, along with adding interesting ideas to play the game RP wise. I've gone back in game and have done some tweaking and I've noticed a big difference and don't feel like punching random NPCs in the face because I didn't disable a certain option in an MCM menu that was driving me nuts.

I've got a couple of questions that I'm not sure where to put them on this forum but, since you've tested these mods I'll ask you.

1. Sometimes during solicitation via Cursed Loot I get a message that my character has been drugged and her body will glow green for a few seconds. However there is no animation for this. I've seen animations on some thread (can't remember which) where it clearly shows a man forcing a woman to drink something out of a phial. I don't have Skooma Whore installed and my character does not get any weird effects of "being drugged." I don't know if I'm missing an animation or what's going on.
  2. Regarding Wear and Tear, I have SlaveTats installed but, no matter how many times my PC is brutally raped after being defeated she has no visible scarring or tears. I've read and followed the instructions on Apropos yet, the effects are not showing up.

Thanks!

Glad it has helped. Can feel a bit like an uphill struggle a lot of the time, but it's mostly worth it when everything starts finally falling into place.

1. Sometimes during solicitation via Cursed Loot I get a message that my character has been drugged and her body will glow green for a few seconds. However there is no animation for this. I've seen animations on some thread (can't remember which) where it clearly shows a man forcing a woman to drink something out of a phial. I don't have Skooma Whore installed and my character does not get any weird effects of "being drugged." I don't know if I'm missing an animation or what's going on.

If you don't have Skooma Whore, I don't think that event will do too much. I havn't noticed an animation that triggers beyond the sex scene.

Even if you do have it installed it doesn't do too much other than throw up the message that you have been drugged and apply the relevant potion effects. Oh, and give you that sinking feeling as the addiction de-buffs start mounting up.

Skooma Whore is as much a mood mod as a mechanical one - it's about seeing the effects slowly mounting up, knowing there is no easy way out and that you are kinda boned. But the whole point of being a heroine is that you carry on in face of adversity, right?

Regarding Wear and Tear, I have SlaveTats installed but, no matter how many times my PC is brutally raped after being defeated she has no visible scarring or tears. I've read and followed the instructions on Apropos yet, the effects are not showing up.

I've found the Wear And Tear settings on Apropos can be a little slow for my play style.

I get it that a lot of people like the sexlab mods and want non-stop boning in their game but for me it's more about the tension and damsel-in-distress vibe than several hours of slightly awkward animations.

I think Apropos is balanced more towards the former. I think to accumulate significant levels of wear and tear in that you have to be involved in days long gang bangs with elephants or something. If you drop the 'max level' to ?600 and crank the recovery to /24hrs it helps, but I still have never actually acumulated significant levels in Apropos. Which is a shame, given the fantastic levels of discription available in the mod and that Slave Tats support you mention.

IF, however, you set Sexlab Wear And Tear up with something like 2x modifers for both agressive and victim sex sequences and 20-30pts of wear per action...then getting mobbed and fucked by bandits is going to leave you bleeding and in tears right off the bat. Which, you know, I think is about right for getting repeatedly fucked by the ass by a bunch of unwashed thugs who are just as interested in killing you as fucking you...

Hmm...I don't go looking for assaults. I play as usual and if my character gets defeated.... well that's why I have Defeat installed. There was an incident a couple of nights ago when my PC was running up to Whiterun and apparently she had a bounty on her--not sure why. So instead of arresting her the guard rapes her then a second guard shows up and "warns her of the laws of public indecency." This happened SIX times in a row and because I had no options to reply and select whether to go or jail or "would rather die" because there are animations going on, each guard attacked her with their swords until she kept constantly bleeding out, then more rape because Defeat kicked in. They went at it for 15 minutes or so. I think it's safe to say that between being raped by six guards, who took multiple turns, plus being cut up by swords, would most definitely leave marks on her body, but it didn't.

Guess I'll have to go into Apropos and adjust the Wear and Tear settings.

Thank you for mentioning Contraband - I've been looking for that exact thing for ages. You can balance it out a bit with Better Stealing, which takes away the "stolen" tag if no one saw you take the item. 

If you're using Prison Overhaul, make sure to get Prison Overhaul Patches. It's basically the PO updated, with lots of great new features that work really well.

You don't need a line of demarcation between Defeat and DA. Just make sure Defeat is set to dump to DA 100% of the time post-rape and make sure Defeat is the only option checked under DA's Bleedout settings. I've used them together for ages. Set DA to fire at 15% health (and increase the health buffer to at least 600% to avoid dying from a crit). You will still get occasional double-rapes and there will usually be a little bit of a clunky moment between the two where the assailants finish raping you and start to walk away, then turn around and attack you again until you blackout, but it's a minimal inconvenience.

I use Trade and Barter and set the value of items sold to -90% and value of items bought to +90%. Makes getting rich off of drops go away quick. I've resorted to chopping wood or...you know, other means for money many times.

I love the idea of Apropos, but I don't like a lot of the messages it shows (it makes no sense to me that anyone would secretly enjoy being raped - not that I'm saying those who like that kind of thing are wrong! To each his own! ;) ) and it takes forEVER to track down and change all of the messages, so I stopped using it.

As for Sanguine, check the SD MCM. Did you uncheck the "start after the drinking game with Sam" option? If not, you won't see Sanguine until that happens. If so, and the other option is checked, you will go to Sanguine the first time you sleep after escaping from your first master. If you have BOTH unchecked, you won't see Sanguine unless you seek him out yourself.

I use Trade and Barter and set the value of items sold to -90% and value of items bought to +90%.

I don't think I've got the gold balance quite right yet. I'm using DCL and contraband - both of which reduce the quanity of loot you collect. I've got Scarcity at 2x for loot as well. I'm not sure I want income levels to drop much more than they are - I want to feel I have actually progressed from doing a dungeon etc after all.

What isn't working quite right is that there isn't that many cash sinks. The current list is Potions and taverns, which the occasional High Security Device.

I tried adding SD+ in order to get the dialog tree to pay blacksmiths to remove collars/armbinders etc - which would let me make them much harder to escape from otherwise. But the game really wasn't happy with SD+ in the mix.

If I knew how, I would probably try and fork out that dialog tree from SD+ into a standalone mod - but I don't know enough to do that yet.

I'm open to other ideas for cash sinks as well. I did try Realistic Needs and Diseases, but found it messed with game flow a bit too much - lot's of micromanagement I didn't really want.

One of the things I am enjoying about a lot of these tweaks is the fact that they change how the game plays.

On my first playthrough, I was slowly crawling through dungeons searching every nook and cranny and checking every mouldy sack to see if it anything inside it.

...set Deviously Cursed Loot to 20%, and suddenly the choice to loot something or not is one I have to conciously make. I'm not just scared of the monsters any more - I'm scared of the dungeon itself! I find i make much better time through dungeons when I not turning over every single mouldy sack too.

Put contraband in the mix, and suddenly I'm not looting bandits any more either. Wolves and general camp clutter, yes - those are often legit trade goods. But not bandits etc. I'm no longer a hero, I'm a dodgy murderous grave robber - and if I get caught by the guards for any other reason, I lose all of it. No more just paying off trivial bounties!

Add Realistic Room Rental and Just Sleep so that I need to use the now-expensive tavern rooms - and suddenly I'm trawling through the wilderness bleeding and looking for camping spots where I can spend a week healing at no cost. And, just like the wolf skins and camp clutter - items that were previously chaff and set dressing suddenly have new purpose.

• 2 weeks later...

Right.

Well.

Yes.

The above build does mostly work, and has survived playtesting. Right up until I broke it.

Couple of things I'm still not quite happy with:

• I havn't yet found a 'time pressure' subsitute for that delicious Pimp mechanism in Maria Eden. Something that makes you feel like you have to do everything ASAP and run around the universe at mach 9 with your hair on fire.
  • I havn't found a good method for removing items like the Striptease Collar etc yet either. Something similar to the blacksmith dialog in Sanguine's Debauchery. It's currently either too easy by just picking it, or too hard and you are stuck with them for ages. The desired effect is 'escape dungeon, escape bondage (but at a {probably rude} price).'

...but that is picking faults because I can find them. It seemed stable enough, good loading times, no random crashes, random sex scenes when I got in over my head / underestimated Cursed Loot, most of the gameplay tweaks seemed to work, etc...

...So I decided to re-visit a lot of the graphics I had stripped out / overlooked earlier in the process. Some experimentation with HD textures, and when that seemed to work I dumped a load more interesting texture packs into the mix. The end result looked much better, but a little schizophrenic - due to the differences in colour pallets etc between one texture pack and another, you could have two buildings next to each other that looked almost identical but one was a slightly different shade than the other. When I tried to roll back some of the texture packs NMM threw it's toys out of the pram, and is starting to struggle adding/removing mods without crashing. Especially some of the larger ones. I'm trying to fix it, but it might be one of those 'redo from start' moments.

Anyways, here is the full mod list of what I was using at this point in the process. As always, use your own judgement/tastes when deciding what to use and what not to - just because it worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for someone else. I think I have presented it in a viable 'install order', but no promises.

Patches:
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch - Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
Unofficial High Resolution Patch - Unofficial High Resolution Patch
Unofficial Skyrim Modder's Patch - Unofficial Skyrim Modder's Patch
Crash fixes - Crash Fixes v12
Safety Load - SafetyLoad 1_2
OneTweak
Modern Brawl Bug Fix - Modern Brawl Bug Fix v104
Brawl Bugs Patch - Plugins - Modder Resource - Brawl Bugs - Compatibility Edition
Bug fixes - Bug Fixes v1
Dead Body Collision Fix - With Improved Fireball Spell
Even Better Quest Objectives
Grass and Ground Fixes - Grass and Ground Fixes
No stretching - No stretching USKP compatible

Utilities:
Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice
NetImmerse Override - NetImmerse Override v3-4-4
PapyrusUtil - Modders Scripting Utility Functions
JContainers - JContainers

Interface:
UIExtensions - UIExtensions v1-2-0
SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users - INI settings
RaceMenu - RaceMenu v3-4-5
ShowRaceMenu Precache Killer - ShowRaceMenu PreCacheKiller 1_3
Better MessageBox Controls - Better MessageBox Controls v1_2
A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
Atlas Map Markers for Skyrim Blackreach Dawnguard and Dragonborn - Atlas Map Markers v1-7 Complete
Better Dialogue Controls - Better Dialogue Controls v1_2
Atlas Map Markers - Updated with MCM
SkyUI
Immersive HUD - iHUD-3222-3-0-03

Performance tweaks:<-This is mostly focused on stripping out animations etc to buy resource headroom for other papyrus loads / try and minimise the FootiK issue. May not have made as much difference as I had hoped. Earlier versions had some lighter weight texture packs in, but they are redundant if adding the HD graphics below.
Bethesda Performance Textures - Animals and Creatures - BPT_AC_ALL_1_2
Skyrim Project Optimization - Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version
Remove Underwater Grass - A Performance Mod
Skyrim Performance PLUS - By Request - Completely Disable Aspen Leaves FX
Skyrim Performance PLUS - By Request - Completely Disable Falling Pine Needles FX
Skyrim Performance PLUS - By Request - Disable Snowfall
Skyrim Performance PLUS - Rainfall FX
Skyrim Performance PLUS - The Rift - Aspen Leaves FX - Good Performance
Insignificant Object Remover - Insignificant Object Remover

Sounds: <-Very optional. This early in the install order because I don't much care if they get over written and want other stuff at the bottom of the load order. Feel free to skip and add later if needed.
Age Of Agression
Fantasy Soundtrack Project
Glory Days - Music Of Skyrim - Legendary
Immersive Sounds - Compendium

Locations: <-As Above
Dungeon Pack-33692-2-3
Forgotten Dungeons 28-57979-6-0
Forgotten DungeonsDLC-57979-3-0
Helsmyrr Village - Helsmyrr Village
Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim - Merged-49723-3-1
Hidden Hideouts of Skyrim - DLC-49723-3-1a
SeaPoint Settlement Custom Music 3.08-56084-3-08
Solstheim - The Lost Levels - Solstheim - The Lost Levels v1-3a
Immersive Dungeons
Skyrim Underground-75004-2-7
Skyrim Sewers 4 - Skyrim Sewers 412 Main File
BigBizkit's Pirates of Skyrim v1.5 (MAIN FILE)-62844-1-5
BigBizkit's Pirates Script update - bugfix for v1.5-62844-v1-51
Helgen Reborn

Graphics Updates: <-As Above. Some of these mods are very large, and they might have been the point when NMM stopped being able to cope easily.
HD Enhanced Terrain
The Skyrim Distance Overhaul Beta (S.D.O.)
Immersive Saturation Boost-32064-1-0
Enhanced Textures Detail (UV-tweaks)
Static Mesh Improvement Mod
Tamriel Reloaded HD main file 0-9b FULL for NMM-61995-0-9b
Grass on Steroids
Skyrim Flora Overhaul
Pure Waters
Pure Waters - Waterfalls
aMidianBorn Caves and Mines
Enhanced Vanilla Trees
Fences of Skyrim-58980-2-0
Fences of Skyrim - Weathered edition 1K-58980-2-0
Lanterns of Skyrim - All In One - Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - MCM Special Edition
Point The Way - Point The Way
Roadsigns Redone-33603-1-1
RUSTIC NORDIC MURALS-65602-1-0
RUSTIC POTIONS and POISONS - 1K-62701-1-1
RUSTIC STANDING STONES - 1K-68493-1-1
RUSTIC WINDOWS 1K - Skyrim and Dragonborn-54302-2-0
RUSTIC WORD WALLS 1K-68561-1-0

Equipment: <-As with Sounds etc. Except for the CBBE based apparel replacers at the bottom.
ARMONIZER Armors Pack - ARMONIZER - Armor Pack v23
JaySuS Swords - JaySuS Swords V13C
JaySuS Swords - JaySuS Swords Distribution And Balance Plugin V01
Immersive Armors - Immersive Armors v8
Immersive Armors for NPCs Revisited - Skyrim_DawnGuard Version
Immersive Weapons - Immersive Weapons
Weapon Replacer for Immersive Weapons - Weapon Replacer for IW
Bethesda Performance Textures - Armor - Clothes - Weapons - BPT_DLC01_3_0
More Interesting Loot for Skyrim v5_7-48869-5-7
foxmerged2
Legacy of the Dragonborn V16 Final Core Package (v16.5.1)-52248-V16-5-1
Legacy of the Dragonborn (Dragonborn Gallery)
OCR - Omnisway Clothing Replacer - CBBE BodySlide BBP TBBP - OCR
a little sexy apparel replacer with LSAR Addon
HDT CBBE for A Little Sexy Apparel Replacer - A Little Sexy Apparel Replacer CBBE HDT

Encounters: <-Again, rather optional. You probably want some of these for new and interesting events, but maybe not to this extent.
SexistGuardsDD v1.80
Beasts of Tamriel v3.5-76203-v3-5
Skyrim Immersive Creatures
OBIS - Organized Bandits In Skyrim - OBIS 2.01
OBIS Loot 3.2-52067-3-2
More Bandit Camps - More Bandit Camps - Original Version
Northern Encounters v3.0c-34492-3-0c
Immersive Patrols - DLC Aggressive IP 2.0.3
Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins Reborn-73212-2-01
3DNPC v3.2-8429-v3-2
Anna NPCs 4_0
Anna NPCs 4_0 Update
BTRH Waifu - BTRH Waifu V1_3
Cutting Room Floor - Cutting Room Floor - Legendary Edition
Skyrim Romance-71754-2-0
The Notice Board - The Notice Board
GetStripped_v2.1

Gameplay Changes: <-Core build starts here really.
Alternate Start - Live Another Life - Alternate Start - Live Another Life
Auto Unequip Ammo - Auto Unequip Ammo v5_0
Complete Fast Travel Overhaul - Complete Fast Travel Overhaul
Contraband - Contraband
Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life - Death Alternative - Your Money Or Your Life
Death Alternative - Your Money or Your Life - DAYMOYL v6.1.8 hotfix
Dual Wield Parrying - 04 Dual Wield Parrying Left Hand 2_53
Face to face conversation - Face to face conversation 3_2
Helmet Toggle - Show Hide - Helmet Toggle 3.01
Just Sleep - Just Sleep
More HotKeys Please - More Hotkeys Please
More Perk Points per Level and Dragonsouls to Perk Points - Updated Version
No more junk - No more junk
Perseids Inns and Taverns - Realistic Room Rental Enhanced - RealisticRoomRental-Basic
Skyrim Borders Disabled - SkyrimBordersDisabled
Smart Souls
Timing is Everything - Quest Delay and Timing Control - Timing is Everything
Trade and Barter - Trade And Barter
Unique Region Names - Unique Region Names v5 Dawnguard Version
YOT - Your Own Thoughts
Attack Commitment No turning during attacks - attack commitment movement speed fluid v3
TK Dodge - TK Dodge
Guard Dialogue Overhaul - Guard Dialogue Overhaul
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
Better Stealth AI for Followers - No Torch while Sneaking - Better Stealth AI for Followers
Skills Config - Skill Config 1-2

Animation:
Realistic Ragdolls and Force
SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim - 2.05.041
Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Behavior V6_3
Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS - FNIS Creature Pack 6_1
HDT Physics Extensions - HDT Physics Extensions
HDT Bounce and Jiggles CBBE - HDT Bounce and Jiggles 7.7b BM2 Exaggerated TBBP Only
XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended
EstrusForSkyrim - EstrusForSkyrimV120
VioLens - A Killmove Mod
ZazAnimationPack_v61
ZaZAnimationPack_v0611_Patch
No More Glowing Edges Mod - No More Glowing Edges

Models/Textures:
Better males - Beautiful nudes and faces - New hairstyles - Underwear - Default
Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-
BodySlide and Outfit Studio
Body Options - Body Options - CBBE
KS Hairdos - HDT Physics - KS Hairdos - HDT Physics
Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures - SLF Hair - Straight hair - LITE - 1K
Coverwomen - coverwomen look_2
Women of Skyrim female face textures - Women Of Skyrim CBBE Full Set
Adorable Face
Neckseam Fix for Adorable Face - Seamfix
True Brows - TRUE BROWS - NEWEST VERSION - DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION
Fair Skin Complexion - Fair Skin Complexion for CBBE v8.0 Optimized
Better Freckles - Better Freckles v1_0_1
Seductive Lips HD - Seductive Lips HD
The Eyes Of Beauty - The Eyes Of Beauty PLAYER

Slavetats:
SlaveTats-1.2.3
SlaveTatsEventsBridge-v0.0.1a
Pubic hairstyles for SlaveTats CBBE
LoreInsults
Corintio's Progessive Tats

Sexlab:
SexLabFramework_v162_FULL
SexLabAroused_V27c
Apropos_Classic_2016_10_17_01
Apropos_Abuse_Slavetats_Textures_Optimized
Sexlab Wear and Tear 2.08
SL Defeat v5.3.5
Creature Framework 1.1.0-pre2
xazPrisonOverhaul_V031
xazPrisonOverhaul_V032
xazPrisonOverhaul_V033 Patch 8i
xazPrisonOverhaul_V033_fix <- ? PO patch order. I think this is the 8j Patch, but to be honest have lost track. I've done stuff since I got PO working!.

Devious:
Devious Devices: Assets
Devious Devices: Expansion
Devious Devices: Integration
Devious Devices - Equip 236
Devious Devices - CBBE HDT Bodyslide 1.2
Estrus Chaurus v4.21
Estrus Chaurus v3.94 Spider Addon V3
Deviously Enslaved Continued(v13.5.0)
Devious Captures
Devious Training1.2
SkoomaWhore1.0
SexLabSkoomaWhore20160319
Deviously Cursed Loot
JContainers - JContainers <-Not a typo, reinstall the current version of JContainers at this point, as it has almost certainly been overwritten by an older version by now.

Companions:
Cerwiden -SMART Healer- AI Configurable Companion - Cerwiden Companion - Essential Version - BSA  <-Mostly here because Cerwiden clearly likes being right at the bottom of the load order. Some form of dialog trigger bug.

Quests And Adventures: <-Install one at a time, not all of them!
20150226 Wolfclub
Beyond Reach - BeyondReach3_5
Captured Dreams
CD v4.06 Update - English only
Debauchery_v4_1_?IsleOfMara
Divines Guide You 2.0
Engelmanns Rest - EngelmannRest
From The Deeps (redone) 2.5
Heimfeigr - Heimfeigr 1.8
Moon and Star - Moon and Star
Moonpath to Elsweyr - moonpath to Elsweyr 95beta
Nuvanja - A New Dwemer Dungeon
Ogmunds Tomb - PP_OgmundsTomb_1_0
Rigmor of Bruma-53068-3-2
Slaverun Reloaded
SummersetIsle-68406-1-0
The Fifth Gate-24351-2-2
The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal - The Gray Cowl of Nocturnal 2.0 - Director's Cut
The Shadow of Meresis - The - Shadow - of - Meresis
The Wheels of Lull - Wheels of Lull 3.01
TheRabbitHole-34106-1-7
Things in the Dark 1.8
Undeath - Skyrim - Undeath 1-3
Undeath Patch Skyrim Sewers v1.0.0-64020-1-0-0
Windcallers Pass - WindcallersPass
Wyrmstooth 1_16_2-25704-1-16
Jebbalon's Treasure
Mirai - the Girl with the Dragon Heart - SkyMirai Standalone Follower 1_1
Blackreach Railroad - Blackreach Railroad
Haunted House 1.8

New & untested Mods: <-As labeled, this is the heap of interesting 'to be tried' mods. No warranty given or implied.
Achieve That!
CrimeDecay-51247-1-01
Critter - Simply script fixes-76139-6-0
Dynamic Potions - Poisons - Ingredients - Food - Dynamic Potions
EquipableMap_4-6-4424-4-6
FXFakeCritter and FXBirdFlee-76139-1-4
Grimy Plugin-69341-1-14
Hold Border Banners-43493-1-0
Immersive Player Dialogue Version 2-51469-2-0
No Road Predators-29223-1-2
Npcs Can Craft - Main file-59350-1-3-1
SkyTweak-33395-7-14
Smart Cast
Taxes of the Nine Holds-65519-1-0 <- Shame I never got to experiment with this one. It looks like it might fix the gold sink/time pressure issues.
TK Combat-29137-1-1
Verdant 2.2 - Full Version-60220-2-2
Invasion of Skyrim - Balance of Power:
ApachiiSkyHair_v_1_6_Full-10168-1-6-Full
Invasion of Skyrim - The Balance of Power 2.0-74565-2-0
KS Hairdos Renewal-68311-1-3
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul v1.3-74568-1-3
Skyrim Sewers addon-74565-All

Load order wise, you are probably better off using one of the ones I posted earlier as a guide - although not all the above mods will be in there. Current order is a frightfull mess due to wrestling with NMM.

This line is one I hear a lot:

I would highly recommend Mod Organizer instead of NMM

You know, to the point of lots of snobbery and people refusing to assist / talk to folks using NMM.

So, you know, don't dismiss an idea until you try it etc. I've learned a lot since I tried it at the end of the first build, and I'd completely broken the NMM install so I figured I might have a try rebuilding it with MO.

Aside from the interface issues that I assume are as much learning curve as anything else (just like everything else with modding I guess), I'm having real difficulty rolling back mods.

Specifically, texure packs. But I don't know if that is only because I can easily check if they are there or not.

I've been experimenting with higher res textures. So naturally I have found some that don't quite work for my game.

To use an example: Real Roads.

I added Real Roads, and ticked the ticky box in MO.

I then decided I wasn't sure I liked the effect, so unticked the ticky box in MO.

...no difference.

I actively removed the mod in MO.

...still no difference. The Real Roads textures are still there, but the mod is not.

...and if it's doing that with easily identified things like textures, what else isn't working as intended?

Anyone got any tips how to investigate / fix this - or what I did wrong in installing/removing that mod?

This line is one I hear a lot:

I would highly recommend Mod Organizer instead of NMM

You know, to the point of lots of snobbery and people refusing to assist / talk to folks using NMM.

So, you know, don't dismiss an idea until you try it etc. I've learned a lot since I tried it at the end of the first build, and I'd completely broken the NMM install so I figured I might have a try rebuilding it with MO.

Aside from the interface issues that I assume are as much learning curve as anything else (just like everything else with modding I guess), I'm having real difficulty rolling back mods.

Specifically, texure packs. But I don't know if that is only because I can easily check if they are there or not.

I've been experimenting with higher res textures. So naturally I have found some that don't quite work for my game.

To use an example: Real Roads.

I added Real Roads, and ticked the ticky box in MO.

I then decided I wasn't sure I liked the effect, so unticked the ticky box in MO.

...no difference.

I actively removed the mod in MO.

...still no difference. The Real Roads textures are still there, but the mod is not.

...and if it's doing that with easily identified things like textures, what else isn't working as intended?

Anyone got any tips how to investigate / fix this - or what I did wrong in installing/removing that mod?

Since that is a Texture mod there should be no ESP or ESM with it but it sounds like you installed it directly or with NMM as well as with MO. If you did that then removing it from MO would not remove it from the game since it is also installed there. MO doesn't install anything to the Data folder and it doesn't remove anything from it either. Check your Data folder, if you used MO with a clean install there should not even be a Textures or a Meshes folder present in your Data folder. If you've manually installed mods or used NMM to install mods both are likely to exist and you may have to open the archive file for that mod and use the files in the archive as a guide for which files to remove.

FWIW, the biggest thing to watch for with MO is that it sucks at finding the folder it ought to use as the "Data" folder on it's own. Unless there's a scripted FOMOD install I always use the "Manual" option to ensure that MO gets the right folder.

Of course with the halt of further updates of both NMM and MO in favor of a new tool this whole NMM vs MO bit is pretty much moot. Use what you're comfortable with for now and when the new tool is released we can all hate it together ;).

Since that is a Texture mod there should be no ESP or ESM with it but it sounds like you installed it directly or with NMM as well as with MO. If you did that then removing it from MO would not remove it from the game since it is also installed there. MO doesn't install anything to the Data folder and it doesn't remove anything from it either. Check your Data folder, if you used MO with a clean install there should not even be a Textures or a Meshes folder present in your Data folder. If you've manually installed mods or used NMM to install mods both are likely to exist and you may have to open the archive file for that mod and use the files in the archive as a guide for which files to remove.

I cleaned out and re-installed skyrim before starting to re-build everything with MO. It should be working from a clean slate.

I've checked the Data folder. There are some files from steam based mods in there, but nothing else I can see.

Credit where it is due - I have eventually managed to rebuild the game using MO. Something NMM was refusing to do. Well, except for the texures issue. Purple skinned alien heroines just ain't as interesting...

My guess is I've doing / have done something wrong when adding/removing the texture packs from MO. They were big mods, and went in almost instantly - my gut instinct says something didn't happen that should have done.

But I don't know what. And google hasn't helped me too much either :(

Archived