Misogynist Fallout4 Comments

View File

Misogynist Fallout4 Comments

This is a Fallout 4 version of my Sexist Guards mod for Skyrim. If you've used that mod then you'll know what to expect, if not this mod adds (unvoiced) sexist/mysogynist comments to NPCs that makes the wasteland more oppressive to women and your character inparticular.

Dependencies
Non so far :)

Installation
Simply drop the .esp file into your fallout 4 data folder and then activate it, or use something like Nexus Mod Manager.

Uninstallation
Just remove the .esp file from your load list.

Current Contents
The current version focuses on Raider comments. There are many many more events for comments to be made in Fallout 4 when compared to Skyrim so it takes a bit longer to develop dialogue for all situations. This is definitely a work in progress and the number of comments will be built up as this mod progresses

It will also cover normal NPCs, followers and the various races in the wasteland.

The comments are added to the available pool of comments so you might not hear the new ones straight away.

Conflicts
Any other mod that might alter dialogue timing or events.

Thanks To:
Zhila for writing some comments for me.

Right...

Well do you have a list? 

How many?  :dodgy:

I don't have a full list at the moment, but most of the raider events have been populated with comments.

Now we just need some people to add voicing :)

I am going to try and do this mod properly by creating new characters to populate the wasteland and have them fully voiced. I will need some volunteers to voice male and female characters.

I'm going to do some, anyone else want to lend a hand? 

Right...

Well do you have a list? 

How many?  :dodgy:

I don't have a full list at the moment, but most of the raider events have been populated with comments.

Now we just need some people to add voicing :)

I am going to try and do this mod properly by creating new characters to populate the wasteland and have them fully voiced. I will need some volunteers to voice male and female characters.

I'm going to do some, anyone else want to lend a hand?

As far as basic raiders/gunners whatever go, I don't think it would matter much if they changed voice for different comments as they usually only say one or 2 lines before being killed :)

Been messing around with this and see some... issues... 

First

Ok... do I want to know why Raiders seem to have a major thing for Bloatflys? x_X about 90% of what they say involves them... 

Yes, a lot of boatflies. 

Secondly, most lines so far are too long to read clearly before the next one to come up. I think it should be limited to a line at most. 

3rd, some, especially these boatfly ones seem not very misogynist at all really. More like warnings to someone new to the commonwealth that boatflies are dangerous more than anything. 

Lastly, synths say that too, which is un-immersive. Synths, particularly the 1st and second generation ones, shouldn't be saying these lines at all. 

Really disappointed so far. 

The vanilla lines can be more misogynistic, especially before the bitch patch. "Where that little bitch go?" Seems more in line with what I was expecting. 

• 3 weeks later...

The vanilla lines can be more misogynistic, especially before the bitch patch. "Where that little bitch go?" Seems more in line with what I was expecting. 

They "patched" that as in "removed" it?  I have been in Nuka World as of late, so I didn't notice anything of the sort.

• 1 month later...

They "patched" that as in "removed" it?  I have been in Nuka World as of late, so I didn't notice anything of the sort.

I heard it just yesterday, because i remember thinking, how does he know my characters gender through power armour

Right well, so far I've gotten zero of these comments from any raiders or really 'hostile' NPC's. 

All I've gotten are warnings from the recon team of the BoS team along with other random settlers or non-hostile NPC's about the dangers of bloatflies. Hardly seems misogynistic and not what I was looking for when I installed this mod.  These unvoiced lines actually stop me from being able to talk to them for an extended period of time. I usually have to talk to someone else then back to them again to get it working. 

Kind of disappointing, as things stand. I hope future updates puts these things into order.

Some of the comments in the Skyrim version were a bit too much for me but I don't have a list so heh. 

Suggestions: Use the synth lines "Scanning" for the comment. And repeat it. And repeat it again. That ought to make you uncomfortable around synths.

Anyway, thanks for the efforts.

• 1 month later...

Is there some way to increase the weight on the chance for these comments to play? I hear them quite infrequently compared to the vanilla voiced dialog lines, and I can't figure out how to turn up the percentage chance.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I just make a clone of the global variable "SpeakIdlePercentRaider", renamed it to "SpeakIdlePercentMisogyny", then jacked up the value from 10 (meaning 10%) to 60 and inserted it into the quest condition.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey I'm going to feel like a nasty fuck for doing this but I'm really interested in voice acting lol so here I am
I have a deep British voice but I can try American since..ya know, America

I'd butcher a Boston accent pretty hard so uh, depends what you need :P

• 1 month later...