Skyrim and Custom Armor for the Player

Twycross448

Alright folks. I am pretty damn sure this has been asked before over the years, but all I could find was ancient stuff dating back to 2012 and 2013...

Question:

Is it possible to set up Skyrim in a way that it uses the standard CBBE body and the CBBE Vanilla Armor replacer for all NPCs, but the CBBE Manga body (by Ledo4ek) and its corresponding armor replacer for the Player character only?

From what I can understand so far, using a custom body for the Player would likely require the use of a custom race. (Would be nice if it worked without one, but not absolutely necessary.)

But making it so the NPCs use a different armor replacer than the Player... I couldn't really find any recent info on that. Many links I found were dead (Nexus removed mods or the authors hid them), etc.

It would be appreciated if anybody could give me a bit of input here if what I want to do is actually possible, and if yes, how to go about it?

My thanks, and best regards.

T448

If you use BodySlide to generate your CBBE body, then create all of your armor replacers to conform to that body you can approximate it. When you're in Bodyslide and generating all of your outfits there's a box down the bottom that says RaceMenu Morphs. Tick that and in addition to your outfits' mesh files, BodySlide will also generate a .tri file that allows the outfit to conform to custom morphs created in RaceMenu. Go into Skyrim and create your character using RaceMenu to approximate the Manga body. After you go into Skyrim with your custom character all the outfits you made in BodySlide will conform to your custom player character but also fit on NPCs with the standard CBBE body. If you have trouble, ask for help in the BodySlide or RaceMenu topics here.

I'm by no means an expert on this since I'm happy with the bodies I use, so don't take what I say here for gospel. I know it's not exactly what you were asking for but it's a compromise. There may be other ways to get what you're looking for exactly but if there are I don't know of them. 

Good luck to you.

Well, first of all thank you for taking the time to reply. :)

Your approach is different than any I have read about so far. Even though it is not exactly what I intended to do (as you said yourself), it is certainly an approach I will investigate a bit further.

In the mean time, if anybody else has any ideas or infos to share, I'm of course all ears.

Thank you.

The full body morphing experience is pretty rad. It's an incredibly nifty way of giving your game maximum body style flexibility for everybody and have all armors conform regardless of what you throw at it. But It's very much an all or nothing kinda deal. 

You can do as Sarathis describes; build everything to the zeroed slider base shape then approximate the shape of the BS preset you want in Racemenu. And it already supports the one body shape you mentioned out of the box. Unfortunately though,  when it comes to manually trying to match what you see of a preset's 100% size sliders in BS (one that isn't already supported) with RM's own sliders in game, things don't work as you might expect,  not in my experience anyway:

cannaedoit2.jpg

cannaedoit.jpg

Another option, though one that's far more limiting, is to use Body Changer or something similar. 

Archived