(TS3) Any way to improve my game speed?

Guest Redabyss

Guest Redabyss

Howdy,

I need some help from you guys. So, I was recently playing, and I experienced massive amounts of lag like never before. I didn't install any new mods since my last play, however the lag and freezes were unbelievable.

I neglected to keep order in my mods and download folder, but now it's time to do something.

I project to uninstall some downloads I'm not using, I'm just kind of afraid of damaging something I might need. Another thing, I keep hearing about the cache, but I never touched anything.

Thanks in advance to anyone who will kindly reply!

Mod folder

https://s11.postimg.org/64noseb9v/image.png

https://s11.postimg.org/vbyksnedv/image.png

Override folder

https://s11.postimg.org/xhsvn5hub/image.png

Downloads folder

https://s11.postimg.org/5iypwag7n/image.png

https://s11.postimg.org/f4sacl7df/image.png

https://s11.postimg.org/szqkv21sj/image.png

you definitely need to clear your cashe files also the following mods will most likely be interfering and slowing you down when using KW

1.rb more traits 

2.shimrods invite to home and no disgrace

3.the sim3 passion and romance

4.simrods auto testing cheats

5.cmar pregnancy

6.nrass registar+dressor

7.nrass overwatch can be used but you need to disable check clothing

8.nrass woohooerbasic and scoring is ok but the other woohooer addons are not required and might interfere with kinky world

9.treag auto testing cheats

hope this helps

Guest Redabyss

ALRIGHT! Thank you! It did improve many many times. I also reduced the graphic quality and followed passages online.

I have two question: should I uninstall some stuff in the download folder? And, should I combine some packages files?

Guest Redabyss

So I reduced the graphics of my game, and it seems to me that everything works very good, after a whole evening working on improving TS3's performance.

My current settings are:

https://s17.postimg.org/5u06plpan/image.png

Which setting can I further tweak (reduce to improve the performances)? I play TS3 only to enjoy sex animations, so I care only for the characters' graphics. I use a good computer with Windows 10, i7 Core, 12 GB ram and such.

You may enable object hiding, it hides objects off screen which you can't see anyway. Also which neighborhood do you play? Default EA ones have many routing issues. You should use fixed worlds if you want play on default worlds or some small CC worlds like hammond island. Merging packages may improve performance. With the help of ccmagic it's basically automated process but you must install lots and worlds manually, ccmagic cannot handle them.

Guest Redabyss

I'm using some island I can't remember the name of. Sadly I can't switch my world, since my (hundreds) of sims are there... but I really thank you anyway my friend :)

Guest Redabyss

You're welcome :) but i think, with hundreds of sims, it's really difficult to keep the game running at all(at least for me :P). You may try to reduce the population, between 100-150 is ok i think.

Would it work erasing sims I didn't even create?

If you're on Steam, turn off the overlay. Sims 3 hates the overlay.

Always delete those documents/the sims 3/ *cache files when adding mods, AND delete all the files in the thumbnails folder.

I'm currently running about 1.6 GB of package files, I'd recommend S3PE to combine those loose packages into separate larger packs, as Lungpaul suggested, ie: Kinky, clothes, hairs, NRASS, yadda, yadda, its worth it if you add more content. If you have a default replacement skin you use, DO NOT INCLUDE IT in a combined pack, after all you may want to change it, but You Should put all non-default packs in a combined package, those you can change skins in game.

I am running 500MB of EA s3ccpack files as well, and there is very large Sims 3 community website that the majority of their stuff is in s3ccpacks. With those s3CCpack files, use s3 pack extractor then sort them into those large packs you created with S3PE. Avoid extracting official EA stuff as they don't extract with the same name as they go in. You can leave that EA stuff in your downloads folder.

Edit the The Sims 3/Game/Bin file GraphicsRules.SGR, to no matter whatever video card the game detects it always uses the MAX setting. And the game could mistake your card for an older one, because the graphicscard.sgr file was written 7 years ago. In a text editor, look for strings like,

seti BLAHBLAHUber       4
seti BLAHBLAHHigh       3
seti BLAHBLAHMedium     2
seti BLAHBLAHLow        1

edit into this

seti BLAHBLAHUber       4
seti BLAHBLAHHigh       4
seti BLAHBLAHMedium     4
seti BLAHBLAHLow        4

some have 5 levels, some 3, do all of them till you get to the audio section.

And this alone was not enough, I'm running s3booter and frameratelimiter, from the awesome mod website.

I wouldn't mess with ccmagic, because package files are the most efficient form, for Sims 3, to work with.

I would also check out the NRASS website, Tips for better gameplay. They have some other ideas, such as the kuree's save cleaner. I personally use v1.1, v2.1 never worked for me, like broken program. Google search for kuree save cleaner and click the MTS forum link for a DL link.

In the end, It runs smoothly at graphics Max with full story progression and the awesome kinky mod.

<snip>

you definitely need to clear your cashe files also the following mods will most likely be interfering and slowing you down when using KW

6.nrass registar+dressor

8.nrass woohooerbasic and scoring is ok but the other woohooer addons are not required and might interfere with kinky world

hope this helps

<snip>

NRaas Register will throw all kinds of errors if you try to use it with KW.  Dresser I don't think I've ever used.  Overwatch - what lungpaul said.

WooHooer MAY be interfering with KW, but it shouldn't be (and has never done so in any of my games).  If you use the KamaSimtra add-on, that skill is tracked entirely separately from KW's WooHoo skill.  There may be some overlap (meaning you can gain skill in both at the same time) but I have both WooHooer and KW in my game and have never had conflicts.  (I keep them both because I have one savegame where I know I won't be using KW.)  However, if you're worried about speed and space, then I'd get rid of the one you use least.

Guest Redabyss

Thanks to both of you guys!

I did follow the instruction for the graphic card, but I didn't actually combine the packages. I tried once, but it gave me some kind of error and I let it go. I run almost 600 MB of packages.

I'm using register only to keep away the pesky paparazzi, so I'm kind of reluctant of deleting it. Maybe I can turn off some features?

Again thanks to both! Hope this topic will help someone else too :)

I did follow the instruction for the graphic card, but I didn't actually combine the packages. I tried once, but it gave me some kind of error and I let it go. I run almost 600 MB of packages.

I'm using register only to keep away the pesky paparazzi, so I'm kind of reluctant of deleting it. Maybe I can turn off some features?

Again thanks to both! Hope this topic will help someone else too :)

Yes, I've had that issue with one file spoiling the combining. Try to isolate that file, it really is worth it.

I'm running register with kinky and it's not causing me problems, but IF it is throwing errors, get the plugin cheats for master controller, you can use that to define the number of Paparazzi present.

Also, on MTS you can find optimized worlds, search for the creator ellacharmed. I'm using a few of these world maps and they can help with odd pathing and sims getting stuck on the other side of hedges in community lots.

Oh, in which way? So that I can delete register :)

Paparazzi, tourists, street performers: kinky>settings>services; and if you have Pets installed you could need a mod to disable the pet adoption system ( I have dooda`s pet pool, if you can`t find it, pm me).

Why disable? The little ones can`t climb stairs, so they cause lag when trying to go home and have to climb some.

Keep Register, disable the stray animals  (horses are very stupid, they get stuck everywhere).

If you have Supernatural, there`s a mod on MTS: NoZombiesAtFullMoon.

(...)

(...)

hope this helps

I think that in order to use Nraas Overwatch with KW, you also need to disable "Stuck Check Auto Reset". Otherwise your sim will be reset a lot whenever they are not moving -- when mixing Alchemy potions, when sleeping, and so on.

Guest Redabyss

Another config file you can edit is sim3.cfg in the game/bin directory, there is an entry for

[ResourceSystem]

MemoryUsageLimit = 20000000

meaning 2gb of ram, change that 2 to whatever half of your total system ram is. 32gb make it an 16, 16gb make it 8, etc.

Thank you! I can't seem to find the file though :/

EDIT: Nevermind, found it, thanks a lot buddy! :)

Again thanks to both! Hope this topic will help someone else too smile.png

KW now has a feature that lets you turn off paparazzi, too.  The one thing I miss about Register was that you could control ALL kinds of NPC sim populations, from wild animals and strays to bartenders and service sims.  I think it even pushed the game to hire jobless townies as service sims, which of course reduced the homeless population further.  I had to remove it because of issues with KW's whoring system, however.  Every time I'd tell my sim to start whoring, Register would force an error and refuse to let him continue.  :/

KW now has a feature that lets you turn off paparazzi, too.  The one thing I miss about Register was that you could control ALL kinds of NPC sim populations, from wild animals and strays to bartenders and service sims.  I think it even pushed the game to hire jobless townies as service sims, which of course reduced the homeless population further.  I had to remove it because of issues with KW's whoring system, however.  Every time I'd tell my sim to start whoring, Register would force an error and refuse to let him continue.  :/

I have laptop with SSD, 16GB ram, GeForce 960m, which is far far better than recomanded configuration. The card is correctly recognized by the game. Beside KW I'M using only some skin replacement mods. In my experience each large word  with many lots and sims starts to be lagy with kinkyworld after few in-game weeks. For me the only solution is using smaller worlds, which runs smoothly. For example Isla Paradiso, which has a terrible routing even in vanilla,  is unplayable for me with KW no matter how low graphic settings I use.

I have laptop with SSD, 16GB ram, GeForce 960m, which is far far better than recomanded configuration. The card is correctly recognized by the game. Beside KW I'M using only some skin replacement mods. In my experience each large word  with many lots and sims starts to be lagy with kinkyworld after few in-game weeks. For me the only solution is using smaller worlds, which runs smoothly. For example Isla Paradiso, which has a terrible routing even in vanilla,  is unplayable for me with KW no matter how low graphic settings I use.

You would benefit from ellacharmed Isla Paradiso map fixes on MTS

You would benefit from ellacharmed Isla Paradiso map fixes on MTS

Does it for you well with KW?

Archived