New body not replacing vanilla

Faxroux

A bit of a prequel: I had everything working, had the growlf skeleton, SetBody reloaded, robert's male and HGEC body going. I didn't test SetBody at this time but I doubt it would have worked considering bbb clothes had a stretching issue. It was already a nightmare messing around until robert's and the skeleton worked to stop infinite penis but I finally fixed infinite penis....

Then I decided to switch to DMRA body for females...and now it's stuck on the vanilla body.

Things I've done, in order:

- uninstalled OCO

- installed growlf controllable skeleton again in the location data-meshes-character-_male

- installed bbb animations

- installed dmra fine tuned body

- vanilla body

- archive invalidate in TESMM

- didn't work

- archive invalidate in NMM

- nah still vanilla underwear body

- reinstall SetBody Reloaded

- nope

- attempting to switch bodies via setbody results in boob stretch body

- mess around with different orders of installing these things (except OCO, I have not reinstalled that since uninstalling and cleaning it)

- try bbb ragdoll growlf totalcontrollable instead

- try coronea compatibility skeleton instead

- no sir still vanilla

What can I try now? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for reading.

Stretching penis ? So you use LAPF. You must use the LAPF skeleton ! ! No other skeleton will work !!!

Body with under wear: If you install Roberts male and you are not careful you have installed the underwear body ( there is a nude and a underwear version in the Mod)

Female HGEC ( you use DMRA ): install manually in data-meshes-characters-_male

The game will use vanilla body and skeleton if  "archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection" does not work or you have not done it.

You set it in Oblivion Modmanager or Wrye.

! ! Never use Nexus Modmanager !!!! it's shit !!! You can not install lovers Mods with that shit !!!

Read my yellow Link below: archive invalidate, bodies, skeleton,Stretching penis and tits  .....

Start over.  Sorry, but you have installed and uninstalled more than I can shake a stick at.  Clear it all out, and go in and manually delete the oblivion folder.  Then install it from scratch.

Install your mods in this order:

Game play stuff.

Bodies (male and female)

Growlf's skeleton

Sex mods (if you use any)

Then archive invalidate via bsa redirection.  NOT WITH NMM!!!  NMM doesn't work for shit with oblivion.  It can't seem to figure out how to install ini files last time I checked.  Use TESMM or Wyre Bash.

Tesmm:  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5010/?

If you still have issues, post your full load order.

This is embarassing

I don't know what this is for or even what it did

But I checked the box "Reset BSA timestamps" before I tried BSA redirection one last time in my TESMM...

...and every single problem I had was instantly fixed. Every problem...all I had to do was reset BSA timestamps. And I don't even know what that means. But I'm very happy now and feeling very stupid to never think of checking that box before. All bodies and LAPF are working together now. Thank you for the interest, I'm sorry.

Also I don't use NMM, I use TESMM but the BSA redirection there was not working until I checked the timestamps button. That's why I tried the NMM invalidation, but of course that didn't work. But everything is okay now.

Reset BSA timestamps sets your bsa file creation date back to 2006.

if the BSA files have later dates ( e.g. 2016) , later as other bsa files or the single folders the game get confused. Stupid game :D

The bsa date can be changed if you copy old backup game folders in your new install path, instead completely reinstall the game. ( I also habe a backup with the base oblivion )

Or If you use the wrong archive invalidate. ( there is a method which modify the bsa, add new stuff in the bsa. Never use that method ! ! ! )

Yes...it only took me a few weeks to get to a position where I'm ready to roleplay my character LOL! But it's worth it once everything is perfect. Now if I can avoid wanting to add more mods....jk. 

But thanks for the good support on this site! :]

Archived