[WIP] A.S.I.A. --- Humans Improved?

Trykz

Think it will be a great thing from a game-play point of view to be able to change up your body depending on what you're doing at the time but I'm curious if it would not be a nice thing to expand that in the other direction too, having the option that by giving up the ability to switch between (gen1, 2 and 3) bodies so would you gain some perks or benefits. Perhaps explained with your artificial mind being more tailored to maximize the use of your chosen gen-type body.

Something I really liked with the original ihuman mod was "being stuck" with the clearly artificial body and appearance and can't help to think that being able to change into the gen 3 body will take away some of that.

This is where creative use of factions comes into play.....

by creating a whole new faction set for these races, I'm able to control how vanilla NPCs react toward them depending on their model. For instance, as Gen1 or Gen2, it's not likely you'll find Diamond City or other typically "helpful" places very welcoming. And don't even think about approaching The Brotherhood. They'll attack you on sight. Likewise, you might find that as Gen3, The Minutemen and Railroad will regard you very "suspiciously" to say the least.....

It's something I need to refine through constant playtesting, but once I get it just right, you'll find that at times, you'll "need" to inhabit one form or another at any given time to get something accomplished because you simply can't get it done any other way.

More on this later.....

Trykz

post-26143-0-99333800-1477532701_thumb.jpg

What? You thought all the A.S.I.A. facilities were underground?

Not a chance.....

Floating high in the sky above the Sentinel Site in

the Glowing Sea is where the Production and

Social Training facilities can be found. Far from

prying eyes and unwanted wanderers, it overlooks

the entirety of The Commonwealth:

post-26143-0-87266000-1477532698_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-21880600-1477532705_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-14780700-1477532707_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-70713800-1477532708_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-42691800-1477532710_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-15090300-1477532712_thumb.jpg

Don't worry..... you won't need to trek across the irradiated wastes

to get there. There are a dozen different ways into and out of this

structure located all over The Commonwealth  ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently making adjustments to the faction system and creating NPCs.

There is one more location I just finished, which I'm leaving a mystery until you

play through the mod. Once the faction system and NPCs (somewhere between 80 and 100)

are in place and set up with packages, then it's just a ton of terminal entries left to create.....  :dodgy:

Trykz

post-26143-0-93996700-1477690664_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-71179400-1477690669_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-51147000-1477690660_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-80880300-1477690658_thumb.jpg

Just an FYI.... these are all standalone and don't replace any other billboards

either vanilla or modded. Currently using them alongside Sickotic's mod  :D

I wasn't planning on building any additional cells, but given the nature

of these billboards, I think it may prove pertinent  ;)

Trykz

Do like the signs!

They are supposed to be post-war?

And the facility being above ground was a bit of a surprise! It's some sort of zeppelin balloon?

Of course they're post-war  ;)

Freshly built by the A.S.I.A. elves  :P

And yes..... a metal ball zeppelin  :)

I can't wait to get my hands on this. Need any testers?

Not at the moment. But I'll likely hand it off to a few testers for a few days before I officially release it..... watch this space  :cool:

The whole concept of what you're building here is amazing. Definitely looking forward to this.

The concept is what i-Human was "supposed" to be. Before I really got a grip on the new Fallout CK. But rather than just implement it for that race, I decided to rework the entirety of the mod. The 3 model idea essentially came from the Synth race concept, but expands it much, much further..... at times into much "darker" territory. Essentially, my race is much older than the present day Synths, left to "evolve" on it's own in relative seclusion for over 2 centuries, and is only now beginning to surface and make itself known  ;)

This will likely be the last and only race mod I develop for FO4. But trust when I say..... I'll be expanding upon it much, much further as new tools and resources become available over time. This is definitely much bigger and far more intricate and detailed than anything I ever built for Skyrim. And every day the concept continues to evolve as new ideas pop into my head LOL

Trykz

So I just started playing through Nuka World.....

As I'm playing through, I'm noticing TONS of assets and areas that my mod could play right into perfectly (like maybe an extension of the Galactic Zone's "robotic" content with a new area added on?).

I copied out the file from my Data folder so I could have a look at the assets in the CK, and I'm seeing even more stuff than I've seen in the game thus far  :)

Using Nuka World assets would make the mod dependent on the DLC. However, it's already dependent on Automatron and I figure more players likely have Nuka World than Automatron anyway.

Anyhow, I'm curious what others might think.....

Trykz

As I'm playing through, I'm noticing TONS of assets and areas that my mod could play right into perfectly (like maybe an extension of the Galactic Zone's "robotic" content with a new area added on?).

I copied out the file from my Data folder so I could have a look at the assets in the CK, and I'm seeing even more stuff than I've seen in the game thus far  :)

Using Nuka World assets would make the mod dependent on the DLC. However, it's already dependent on Automatron and I figure more players likely have Nuka World than Automatron anyway.

Trykz

I say go for it. Sounds like you want to do it so you might as well, if not now then when? You could always just put it off until later, but if you really want to include the ideas you'll probably will do it farther down the line anyway. If it makes it better and more interesting im all for it, especially if it hits you in the creative section of your modding mind.

My 2c anyway.

Trykz

Do it. Nuka World is full of fun stuff. May I suggest looking at the Nuka Nukes, or the river of Nuka Cola in the bottling plant. Maybe have quantum power cells.

Do it. Nuka World is full of fun stuff.

That was my thought as well. (The Animatronic stuff was especially appealing) I'm still mulling it over for the moment while I finish up other stuff. Once I convert the mod to a master file, I can always patch in new stuff later. The CK is still too much of an unstable POS to reliably load up exterior cells in the render window to add anything to the exteriors. Before I make a final decision, I'm going to keep exploring the park for someplace less "cluttered" that looks sensible, and will load into the CK without crashing.

I also have a lot of assets left to look through. I'm seeing a lot of really useful stuff, but not really enough of it to justify making the mod dependent on the DLC. Just bits a bobs here and there. When I finish looking through everything, I'll take stock of it and go from there. So for now, it could go either way.....

Trykz

The upper level above Star Control is pretty bare. You could add a relay or door, or something you click that knocks you out and you wake up in the factory. Eh, just random ideas. Also don't forget the empty areas on the outskirts of the park. Lots of abandoned parking spaces.

The upper level above Star Control is pretty bare. You could add a relay or door, or something you click that knocks you out and you wake up in the factory. Eh, just random ideas. Also don't forget the empty areas on the outskirts of the park. Lots of abandoned parking spaces.

If you want an interior cell, the NukaCade (aka DLC04Nukacade01) isn't too big. The NukaTown Market ain't huge, but has a lot of crap around. Exteriorly, there's a whole lot of nothing in the Northwest part of the map. (S central area is pretty deserted, too.)

Thanks for the leads. I'll certainly have a look.  :)

While taking a break from Nuka World and it's assets today, I decided to rework the Gen1 ASIA body.....

post-26143-0-00446500-1478228923_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-57063500-1478228926_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-65771400-1478228928_thumb.jpg

post-26143-0-50712600-1478228930_thumb.jpgpost-26143-0-42682900-1478228932_thumb.jpg

I reworked the metal frame with a mesh pattern with just enough transparency to see the body's internal components. The internals glow at various levels depending on external lighting conditions. The brighter it is outside the body, the less visible the internals are. The darker it is, the more noticeable they are. The main mesh material is a large blue honeycomb pattern, with a more dense screen mesh pattern inside.

Of course the original body will still be available as an option for those who like the chrome look  ;)

Aside from that, I decided against adding Nuka World as a dependency for the main portion of the mod. I'm in the home stretch now and don't want to delay releasing this to add a bunch more stuff that I can easily add later. Once I do the .esm conversion, I can easily add that stuff in later as an add-on .esp. So for now it's just the base game and Automatron. But I certainly am looking forward to getting into the Nuka World stuff. I've found a metric shit-ton of stuff that could fit really well both ways  :P

Trykz

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

He paused modding it, cause as we knows, fallout 4 sucks

While Fallout 4 is nowhere near the best game , it's main problem is having to wait for mods like this to become available . That and we need an 

MCM for this game , so we can tweak settings and such in game and not have to fuck with ini settings . My biggest gripe with the game is the third person camera , in SSE there's no camera mod but changing your scale at least works . In this game it's too high up , and changing your scale makes no difference because the camera is attached to your head or something . That might seem like a unimportant thing , but i like to see my character's body without having to zoom out too the point my face is just a blur .  

Ohh

No, none of those things bugs me much. Its the lack of a game that makes it a shitty game, for me. Its okay if other like it. We each have our different tastes.

I just played through Fusion City and the work done on building it was amazing, but the game itself, well, it boiled down to Go there.Fetch that.

I dont blame the modders. They have created an amazing setting, but this is basically what F4 is. Go somewhere, kill something or fetch/build something.

I mean, I take over as the head of the most hated organization around. No reaction?

All that work to clean up vault 88, and then what? Some quick experiments and that's it?

Sooooo much potential and...bumf

Is this is?

Yeah, I ramble but damn this game has potential and it seems Bethesda has gone out of their way to make modding it difficult.

Archived