Hey guys, i need help with mods crashing my game

Rosbet

Hey guys i recently downloaded sims 3 and i put some mods problem is, that this mods are making my game crash, i removed mods folder and it worked but i dont jknow what mods are making my game crash, HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

Been a while since I had Sims 3 installed but you have two animation files in there, take those out and see what happens. Anything in there should be a package file. Also, you should organize your cc into folders so it's easier for you to track things down.

It's in third picture, you have two blender files in there that end in ".animation"

Not the most organized folder but here's how my mods folder for Sims 3 looks

post-505731-0-96979200-1475423830_thumb.png

Haven't played Sims 3 in a long time, but looking at your folder there, like Afro Samurai said, you got animation files in there that shouldn't be. As well, you got way too many mods that replace the same thing (looking at all those Cmar mods and then some). When it comes to replacers for body parts, you only need one. Unless KinkyWorld (I'm assuming you're using it based on your mod list) requires you to have multiple files for the same thing.

You said you just downloaded it, did you buy any expansions or store content that might be required for your mods to work? I know some mods rely on specific expansions and store stuff, so make sure you have those requirements as well or else it could cause issues (like crashing for example). Or did you just buy the base game only?

Hey guys i recently downloaded sims 3 and i put some mods problem is, that this mods are making my game crash, i removed mods folder and it worked but i dont jknow what mods are making my game crash, HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

Been a while since I had Sims 3 installed but you have two animation files in there, take those out and see what happens. Anything in there should be a package file. Also, you should organize your cc into folders so it's easier for you to track things down.

It's in third picture, you have two blender files in there that end in ".animation"

Not the most organized folder but here's how my mods folder for Sims 3 looks

attachicon.gifScreenshot (5).png

nop, didnt work

Haven't played Sims 3 in a long time, but looking at your folder there, like Afro Samurai said, you got animation files in there that shouldn't be. As well, you got way too many mods that replace the same thing (looking at all those Cmar mods and then some). When it comes to replacers for body parts, you only need one. Unless KinkyWorld (I'm assuming you're using it based on your mod list) requires you to have multiple files for the same thing.

You said you just downloaded it, did you buy any expansions or store content that might be required for your mods to work? I know some mods rely on specific expansions and store stuff, so make sure you have those requirements as well or else it could cause issues (like crashing for example). Or did you just buy the base game only?

Thanks man What should i erase? I alredy erased the animation files

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. Like I mentioned, I haven't played Sims 3 in a long time, so I don't know what is required for what these days. Even less, what mods do what now. What I'd suggest is to look at the file names, see what they are called, and make judgement calls.

Like for instance, from what I can just see, you have multiple bottoms for adults, teens, and elders. Some give them a cock, others don't. Some have alternate cocks as well. You only need one bottom, not multiples. They all replace the same part of the model, so they are all conflicting with each other. You just need one of them. One for adult female, one for elder female, one for teen female, etc. Same goes for the males.

The AF in the file name means Adult Female. The EF is Elder Female. The TF is Teen Female. Same for the males (AM, EM, TM). Look at the files you have for those that say bottom and top, and see if any replace the same thing. Multiple bottoms and tops for the same age/gender, will conflict with each other. So pick one, and get rid of the others.

Now depending on what KinkyWorld requires, will also change that as well. I have no idea what KinkyWorld requires or what all is involved with it as I never used it, so you'll have to check there to see if there is any specifics on the description for what is required for it. As I mentioned lastly too, make sure there is no specific expansion/store content requirements as well to the mods you are trying to use. Otherwise, you'll need to delete those mods or buy the expansions/store content that is required.

On another note, make sure that you only downloaded Sims 3 mods too. I've accidently used Sims 2 mods once for Sims 3 and that was a nightmare trying to figure out what was for what. So make sure you didn't accidently get any Sims 2 or even Sims 4 mods. It's hard to tell them all apart (as they all use the .package format) once they are in your folder, but a quick run through SP3E or the Studio should help you figure it out.

Hope that helps somewhat. Hopefully someone that is currently playing Sims 3 can help you more. :)

You can try using Delphy's Dashboard to find faulty mods.

Also is very important to clear caches everytime you install mods, you can do it manually or using Delphy's Dashboard.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I checked (a long time ago) Onikis conflicted with a specifically mod from NRaa's, if true you'll have to check on Onikis thread.

If the crashes continues you will need to find it the hard way: 

• create two subfolders on your mod folder
  • in the first put "cosmetic" mods: clothes, makeup, hairs, etc.
  • in the second move sliders, animations, nraa's mods, onikis, etc.
  • move one of those folders outside the mod folder, could be to your desktop or anywhere else and clear the caches
  • if your game didn't crash you now know the culprit is on the folder you moved, if it dind't interchange them, clear the caches and check again
  • lets imagine the folder with the animations, sliders, etc is the one that caused a crash. In that case separate again your packages, in one put only sliders, another for animations and the last for nrass/onikis and move one outside and start again. don't forget to clear the caches

well to start off everything shouldnt be in 1 big folder.

Priority 501
DirectoryFiles Files/... autoupdate
Priority 1000
PackedFile Overrides/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Overrides/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Test/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority -50
PackedFile Probation/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Probation/*/*/*/*/*.package
Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc

this is what the resouces.cfig should look like.

the folder name isnt whats important its that the mods are put in thee right priotry locaiton.

priotry 1000

core mods

xml tuning mods

mods u want to overwright another mod so ccan use both.

proity 500

any clothes/funiture/hair/object/ anything thats bnasically a item ingame

baiscaly anything that dont belong in priorty 1000 go here

prioty 499 amd -50

u use these 2 to test mods on your game. say u got a mod but think it might crash your game so u put in the 499 so u can play game and see. and use the -50 for if u think a mod is crashing your game but want to test it with it not being a priorty file that can overwrite stuff.

mods

1. the cmar penis map 1 and 2 cant be both installed use one or other. chose one to usse then see how its color matches to your chosen default or ND skin.

2. default replacers. u cant use 2 of them chose 1 aka the geko mods. think about it default replacer replaces stock game so how u gonna use 2 of them. same with any mod if its default replacer that means it replacces default one ingame. choose u cant have them all. just get non default replacer to get the others.

3. on  NRAAS mods that addons for them make sure u have the item needded for them aka wohooer message table and such if u dont have the store/ mod iitem for them it will crash your game.

4.sliders try not to have sliders doing same thing aka say 2 sliders to make eyes slat and such.

The problem is that you have installed "NRaas MasterController Progression" without also having "NRaas Story Progression" in your installation. That module is special in that it is dependent on two other mods, both MasterController and StoryProgression. And with just one of them installed, it causes your game to crash. So delete that one. (You don't need it either, as it is only helpful for the personality types that come with NRaas StoryProgression).

Archived