Official Discord Chat Server

So an old guild mate finally coerced me into setting up and joining Discord for chatting. I prefer Skype but, to each their own. There's a channel or whatever it's called for my old guild and I see all the comments, pics, videos and stuff posted live by members. My question is, will my old guild mates see an LL "channel" on my list if I join? And how many of you guys actually chat on there? I like to talk but, I'd hate to hear crickets if I join.

So an old guild mate finally coerced me into setting up and joining Discord for chatting. I prefer Skype but, to each their own. There's a channel or whatever it's called for my old guild and I see all the comments, pics, videos and stuff posted live by members. My question is, will my old guild mates see an LL "channel" on my list if I join? And how many of you guys actually chat on there? I like to talk but, I'd hate to hear crickets if I join.

I'm pretty sure it only shows channels you have in common with that user. Say we're both in this Dark Souls 3 and this other Skyrim channel, it'll show me that he's a part of these two and vice versa, but not any other channels. So it's safe unless you're both kinky

I still haven't joined because I'm worried someone will know that I like Skyrim butts !!!

I'm pretty sure it only shows channels you have in common with that user. Say we're both in this Dark Souls 3 and this other Skyrim channel, it'll show me that he's a part of these two and vice versa, but not any other channels. So it's safe unless you're both kinky

I still haven't joined because I'm worried someone will know that I like Skyrim butts !!!

I have 2 discords that show in the right side of the screen the people from the other discord room will not see LL's one unless they have been invited to it and have joined it or have used the link from the first post to enter it.

Groovy! Thanks for the info! xoxo

Joined. I'm going to be grumpy and still say I prefer Skype.... :heart:

I'm not sure I joined.

It says I did, it says I have my email registered, and I can see posts from (o, say) five minutes ago, so obviously I'm *there*, but it won't let me sign in.

I'm assuming heavily that the good graces of Loverslab let me sit there saying "I'm cool" but I haven't actually tried to say anything.

Why would I? no wait, I meant, What would I say?

Who are you?

Who am I?

Joined. I'm going to be grumpy and still say I prefer Skype.... :heart:

I'm not sure I joined.

It says I did, it says I have my email registered, and I can see posts from (o, say) five minutes ago, so obviously I'm *there*, but it won't let me sign in.

I'm assuming heavily that the good graces of Loverslab let me sit there saying "I'm cool" but I haven't actually tried to say anything.

Why would I? no wait, I meant, What would I say?

Who are you?

Who am I?

It says I joined as well, but need to "claim" my profile or something like it when I'm already have a profile in Discord from another group or whatever it's called. It seems to be working now and I see people online, but it's silent. Not too many night owls in LL or I did something wrong. Who knows.

EDIT: I'm bored and my Lunesta failed to kick in which means I'm wide awake. But no one seems to be up for a chat. BOOOOO!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

omg IRC is still a thing? I remember being a script kiddie back in 97 98ish those were the days!!!. It took up most of my childhood , I wouldn't change any of that for a min. Remember when you could vanish into the blackhole of dalnet, or effnet, and even galaxynet i could go on lol. These days It's hard to to escape when everythings in your face.

I started with a "modem" (you knwo what it is?) at 300 Bauds (what? What is this thing?)

And the "chats" were called BBSes. (Bulleting Board System.)

LoversLab Discord is active and is a good place to quickly speak with mod users and creators, for all mods we do support on LoversLab.

You will find me there pretty much always.

Since people have been making unofficial IRC's and other chat rooms, I've been meaning to make an "official" one for many months now but never have. Finally, I've gone ahead and made an official Discord server for the site that people can use. On the channel are text chats for the various primary games supported by LoversLab, and a couple generic voice channels as well should that strike your fancy.

https://discord.gg/K5btuch

I've never setup a Discord before, so feel free to yell at me if permissions are wrong or something else is messed up.

Since people have been making unofficial IRC's and other chat rooms, I've been meaning to make an "official" one for many months now but never have. Finally, I've gone ahead and made an official Discord server for the site that people can use. On the channel are text chats for the various primary games supported by LoversLab, and a couple generic voice channels as well should that strike your fancy.

I've never setup a Discord before, so feel free to yell at me if permissions are wrong or something else is messed up.

Please be aware that the original link posted by Ashal is no more valid.

Here is the correct one: https://discord.gg/eGSxawa

P.S. updating the original Ashal's link, his link was expired.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The next version of Discord should allow also direct integration.

But integrating it will be not before a new version of LLab.

Oooohhhh That brings back nightmares. :P

I do hope and wish it is better this time around when this site is upgraded.

Yea, the Boss is putting this off as long as possible to try to make sure it works.  Thing is.....there are no guarantees with anything in life.

As to nightmare......it is SOOOO MUCH worse for Ashal when it goes wrong.  Like, no sleep for a week to fix it kind of nightmare.   :(