Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Discord Chat Server

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

LordJerle

LordJerle

Cookie Overlord

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts

I remember using IRC to download stuff >.>
I still miss X-Fire.  Turned to shit after they got bought out, then they got bought out again and shut down and now I'm stuck with lower quality options :(

Memories...

I was in college, was about 1992-6.

I was going to the "Computer Room" and wait for a TE-1001 or an IBM 3270 to be available. (just green characters on the screen, in both cases.)

Then going on the very first IRCs, the "forbidden ones", and downloading a file of a few KBytes, text file, that was some sort of Base64 encoding (was not exactly this one but similar concept), to then move the files to the shared folder, and wait for the single Windows 3.1 PM (because was the only one that had a floppy disk available.)

Then moving my files, going home, and decompressing these files that were image files (usually GIF, very low resolution, something about 320X250), and see them with my friends on an Amiga computer.

I didn't get into chat stuff til about 95-96 when the internet was first becoming widely available.  Those were the days of Yahoo chat.  Was 98 when I learned that you could pirate stuff over IRC, mostly on DALnet channels.  Of course, that died around the time that Napster got busted and everybody was going "OH CRAP!" and Limewire came along :-P

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

CPU

CPU

Addicted modder and helper

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

I didn't get into chat stuff til about 95-96 when the internet was first becoming widely available.  Those were the days of Yahoo chat.  Was 98 when I learned that you could pirate stuff over IRC, mostly on DALnet channels.  Of course, that died around the time that Napster got busted and everybody was going "OH CRAP!" and Limewire came along :-P

Actually, it was not really a "chat", was a Bulletin Board (damn, I am old and I do not remember anymore the actual name.)

Some sort of "forum" with sections and posts. All text based.

LordJerle

LordJerle

Cookie Overlord

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts

Yeah, I remember BB's.  I wasn't really patient enough for those. 

Kinky

Kinky

A Hero You Deserve

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Can we get that chat button next to forums downloads blogs at the top of the page?

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts

So I logged into Discord and had a peek.........lets just leave it at that......... XD

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

I really like the channel. It is way more easy for me to provide help.

Some trolling, some unnecessary and miss-placed post, but I am trying to keep it clean (some basic rules are published on the main text channel.)

Mister X

Mister X

Out Of The Shadows

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

I really like the channel. It is way more easy for me to provide help.

Some trolling, some unnecessary and miss-placed post, but I am trying to keep it clean (some basic rules are published on the main text channel.)

A tip: Look for a moderation bot. The Twitch Nightbot already got a port with basic moderation tools, then I've heard of a Mee6 bot, no idea if it can moderate though, maybe you'll find another one.

At least, it could moderate the trolling and spamming for you.

blabba

blabba

Orange-In-Chief

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,686 posts

YAY!

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Domo arigato misuta Robotto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,212 posts

So I logged into Discord and had a peek.........lets just leave it at that......... XD

497.jpg

slamdunk

slamdunk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

I won't join Discord though I much look forward to chat. Reason being that Discord collects data, chats, everything and will use it in less than comfortable ways. If you really need channels and voice, Razer Comms is pretty good with sub-channels so it can do the same things. Lacks web UI though.

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts

This there way to hide a comment from view. All these NSFW pictures in general are annoying.

CPU

CPU

• Moderators
  • 7,649 posts

I try to keep Discord clean.

Just PM me on discord.

Ark of Truth

Ark of Truth

Classification Type-0

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts

I won't join Discord though I much look forward to chat. Reason being that Discord collects data, chats, everything and will use it in less than comfortable ways. If you really need channels and voice, Razer Comms is pretty good with sub-channels so it can do the same things. Lacks web UI though.

Razer comms voice chat is worse then Discord when it comes to voice.

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

I might have to break out the magnifying glass to see some of those pictures now. Why not make it to where they have to spoiler the pictures instead of shrinking them down to non existence. You can't even zoom in the page because the crap on the sides moves into the center.

asenasen

asenasen

That passive aggressive jerk :-}

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Me want join Discord. How me do?

ritualclarity

ritualclarity

Domo arigato misuta Robotto

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,212 posts

I believe all you have to to is click on the link in the OP and a web page should open up. Set your account up, name email etc and you should be ready to go. Then if you have other discord invites you can use those. Or you can even create your own :) 

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

@ritualclarity @asenasen

There is no link in the OP's post there is a post further down that has the link.

http://www.loverslab...rver/?p=1704328

Or you can use this link here. https://discordapp.com/invite/K5btuch

Molevalence

Molevalence

The Canadian Derp

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

I'd join Discord but I would be far too petrified to speak if I did. I'll stick to forum posts.

Dagren

Dagren

So fluffy

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

I'd join Discord but I would be far too petrified to speak if I did. I'll stick to forum posts.

You can also type letters.

myuhinny

myuhinny

Mega Poster

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,080 posts

Yes there is a voice area and normal area with many threads to check out and type in if you wanted to.