Official Discord Chat Server

Since people have been making unofficial IRC's and other chat rooms, I've been meaning to make an "official" one for many months now but never have. Finally, I've gone ahead and made an official Discord server for the site that people can use. On the channel are text chats for the various primary games supported by LoversLab, and a couple generic voice channels as well should that strike your fancy. 

https://discord.gg/eGSxawa

I've never setup a Discord before, so feel free to yell at me if permissions are wrong or something else is messed up. 

Edited by CPU
Updated the link with a permanent one, the previous link was expired

Since people have been making unofficial IRC's and other chat rooms, I've been meaning to make an "official" one for many months now but never have. Finally, I've gone ahead and made an official Discord server for the site that people can use. On the channel are text chats for the various primary games supported by LoversLab, and a couple generic voice channels as well should that strike your fancy. 

https://discord.gg/K5btuch

I've never setup a Discord before, so feel free to yell at me if permissions are wrong or something else is messed up. 

Now I really feel old. I only use Skype and Vent. What is this "Discord" you youngins speak off?

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, as Moderator of Discord, I can do only 3 things:

1) Change user names for all users (that is silly because you can do it on your own.)

2) Remove some posts

3) Kick out and Ban members

I would really love the ability to give rights to the channels to members, so I can keep members of LL aligned with members of Discord.

But right now only Ashal can do it.

WE NEED CPU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An i7 6400K 4.5 GHz will be enough?

I live in EAST Coast of US. During normal working days, I have Discord active from about 8AM to about 11PM.

But I am active only after 8AP.

During the weekends I am active pretty much all day.

Now I really feel old. I only use Skype and Vent. What is this "Discord" you youngins speak off?

lol, now i feel even older. I know IRC which was written in 1981 or something, and never used anything else. :(

lol, now i feel even older. I know IRC which was written in 1981 or something, and never used anything else. :(

I remember using IRC to download stuff >.>

I still miss X-Fire.  Turned to shit after they got bought out, then they got bought out again and shut down and now I'm stuck with lower quality options :(

I still miss X-Fire.  Turned to shit after they got bought out, then they got bought out again and shut down and now I'm stuck with lower quality options :(

Memories...

I was in college, was about 1992-6.

I was going to the "Computer Room" and wait for a TE-1001 or an IBM 3270 to be available. (just green characters on the screen, in both cases.)

Then going on the very first IRCs, the "forbidden ones", and downloading a file of a few KBytes, text file, that was some sort of Base64 encoding (was not exactly this one but similar concept), to then move the files to the shared folder, and wait for the single Windows 3.1 PM (because was the only one that had a floppy disk available.)

Then moving my files, going home, and decompressing these files that were image files (usually GIF, very low resolution, something about 320X250), and see them with my friends on an Amiga computer.

Memories...

I was in college, was about 1992-6.

I was going to the "Computer Room" and wait for a TE-1001 or an IBM 3270 to be available. (just green characters on the screen, in both cases.)

Then going on the very first IRCs, the "forbidden ones", and downloading a file of a few KBytes, text file, that was some sort of Base64 encoding (was not exactly this one but similar concept), to then move the files to the shared folder, and wait for the single Windows 3.1 PM (because was the only one that had a floppy disk available.)

Then moving my files, going home, and decompressing these files that were image files (usually GIF, very low resolution, something about 320X250), and see them with my friends on an Amiga computer.

I didn't get into chat stuff til about 95-96 when the internet was first becoming widely available.  Those were the days of Yahoo chat.  Was 98 when I learned that you could pirate stuff over IRC, mostly on DALnet channels.  Of course, that died around the time that Napster got busted and everybody was going "OH CRAP!" and Limewire came along :-P

I didn't get into chat stuff til about 95-96 when the internet was first becoming widely available.  Those were the days of Yahoo chat.  Was 98 when I learned that you could pirate stuff over IRC, mostly on DALnet channels.  Of course, that died around the time that Napster got busted and everybody was going "OH CRAP!" and Limewire came along :-P

Actually, it was not really a "chat", was a Bulletin Board (damn, I am old and I do not remember anymore the actual name.)

Some sort of "forum" with sections and posts. All text based.

• 3 weeks later...