Scripting prob; Ondeath/SetStage.

DeathToCaesar

Hi guys.

I'm trying to get to grips with scripting. I've gotten a quest or two working in the past but right now it seems like every tutorial I find gives me bad instructions, and obviously it's a long, cumbersome process so it's fairly harsh realising at the end of an attempt that the information you've been working on is bad. Especially the Beth tutorials.

I'm trying to do a simple thing; Player kills an actor, quest gets moved on to the next stage. This was based on the Beth tutorials but the code seemed to be plain wrong and wouldn't even compile, so I've gone through scripts in the ck and tried all sorts of things that people suggested on different forums, but I'm still not being moved on a stage when I kill this guy.

Here's the code as of now;

Scriptname RedOnDeathScript1 extends ReferenceAlias  Quest Property myQST  Auto  actor property redOrc1 autoevent onDeath (actor Killer)    If (Killer == Game.GetPlayer())        myQST.SetCurrentStageID(20)    endifendEvent

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

Can be more easy if you look how are make some skyrim quest.. for example BQ01

You code is good.. complile and ejecute correct.. but you MUST put it in the correct site...

For detect the death of one alias you must put the code in the script zone of the alias...

Your script code is equivalent to BQBountyScript and must be in the same zone...

Some screenshot better.. true??

post-647651-0-43861200-1475175990_thumb.jpg

post-647651-0-58773500-1475175994_thumb.jpg

post-647651-0-61083300-1475175997_thumb.jpg

post-647651-0-20675500-1475176194_thumb.jpg

Can be more easy if you look how are make some skyrim quest.. for example BQ01

You code is good.. complile and ejecute correct.. but you MUST put it in the correct site...

For detect the death of one alias you must put the code in the script zone of the alias...

Your script code is equivalent to BQBountyScript and must be in the same zone...

Some screenshot better.. true??

ok! Thanks, mate. I had it in the actor's entry instead of the alias. I'm not very clever haha. Thanks for your help!

Archived