NVSE hates the controller.....

Arala Cran

I wondered why it "didn't work" when I kept pressing the terminal ( ` ) key, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried several versions of NVSE and the latest one again: Version 5, still to no avail...

...or so I thought...

Found out actually I was doing everything absolutely right, yet there was all but one problem:

I went to the options and turned the controller detect off, then pressed the terminal key and... well suddenly the darned thing works now; however, when I have the controller turned on to play the game, the terminal key goes dead.......? I wonder why?

Um, this is very strange, is it just me or is this happening to anyone/everyone else too? I actually beat myself up over this and never knew it till I just randomly decided "turn off the controller mode and find out what's going on..." did that and it worked after, unlike Skyrim which seems to be the best with control detection.

Is this a glitch or is there a way to fix the controls to allow it through like Skyrim and such? :blink:

No, that's normal. You can't use a controller and keyboard at the same time. It's been a while since I played NV, but I never heard of a work-a-round for using multiple interfaces (unlike Skyrim).  I would just unplug my controller whenever I needed to use commands, then plug it back in to continue playing.

Archived