KinkyWorld v0.2.8 Woohoo and Exhibition skills reset everytime I reload a game

Gyuniku

Name says it all KinkyWorld v0.2.8 Woohoo and Exhibition skills reset everytime I load a game, how do I fix this? everytime I start a new game with kinkyworld everything works fine it installs I arrange settings and I play the game, the problem is once I exit game and come back to the save that had kinkyworld everything resets kinkyworld will automatically reinstall in the first few seconds, and all my character skills from kinkyworld would reset such as the exhibitionist and the woohoo skill.

my mods

post-193374-0-92339300-1474899865_thumb.png

I'm running the same version of OnikiKay's mod. I am a Patreon subscriber so I see all the bugs reported there. This is not something that anyone else is reporting that I know of. I will say that I removed Nraas Woohooer do to some minor incompatibilities but they do work together.

Looking through your mods folder, I see nothing that jumps out at me. Not sure what the two mods are on line three of your screen shot though. Also you don't need  Nrass Decensor, KW takes care of this for you.

i notice a lot of extra sliders which may also cause problems, though to date, i've never had this kind of issue with the extras i have.

i'll third the suggestion that Woohooer may be an issue and that the oddly-named packages might be problematic. i'd also like to add the obvious question "did you remember to clear/delete cache?"

Nrass Woohooer adds a woohoo skill, so does KinkyMod. - Nraas Woohooer, Woohooer KamaSimtra and Woohooer Scoring are my prime suspects on that list.

Start a new game without these three and check if your Kinky skills still disappear. (You don't really need Woohooer in a game with KinkyMod active, it does too much of the same stuff.)

Also, as Nezumi suzggested, delete caches a lot. I found it best to start The Sims with a batch file that first deletes all the cache files and logs, then starts the game launcher.

Uhm, what exactly do you mean by saying "reinstalls itself"?

The top right popup notification which KW you are running or the center screen "Welcome to KW"?

Exactly! like in the first few seconds of the saved game none of the Kinkyworld features would be available (such as the "kinky" option once clicking a sim, or a random part of the street) it would only come back later on after a couple of seconds to a minute, the options would all be readily available and the animations would work however the skills such as woohoo, and exhibitionist would reset. (strangely enough the exhibitionist skill if leveled previously would show that it has a full experience bar, but it would never go higher than the starting level).

The top right popup notification which KW you are running or the center screen "Welcome to KW"?

Exactly! like in the first few seconds of the saved game none of the Kinkyworld features would be available (such as the "kinky" option once clicking a sim, or a random part of the street) it would only come back later on after a couple of seconds to a minute, the options would all be readily available and the animations would work however the skills such as woohoo, and exhibitionist would reset. (strangely enough the exhibitionist skill if leveled previously would show that it has a full experience bar, but it would never go higher than the starting level).

KW needs a slow start, means not firing all thrusters at once; that`s considering all the other mods like Nraas kicking in and messing with the game to do their job.

As suggested, remove NraasWoohooer and everything related to it and delete your Cache files; try starting a new(!) game, wait for the KW-welcome-popup and let a simday pass to have all your other mods started, then do your settings.

Can`t say a thing about skills; Exhibitionist skill has requirements now, look into the skill tab.

KW needs a slow start, means not firing all thrusters at once; that`s considering all the other mods like Nraas kicking in and messing with the game to do their job.

As suggested, remove NraasWoohooer and everything related to it and delete your Cache files; try starting a new(!) game, wait for the KW-welcome-popup and let a simday pass to have all your other mods started, then do your settings.

Can`t say a thing about skills; Exhibitionist skill has requirements now, look into the skill tab.

Tried it there's still some slight delay before KW starts up, butWoohoo skill seems to be working however the exhibitionist skill is still broken, if I reload a save where I previously leveled it up, it will end up with a full bar on the starting level and I wont be able to level it again.

Nrass Woohooer adds a woohoo skill, so does KinkyMod. - Nraas Woohooer, Woohooer KamaSimtra and Woohooer Scoring are my prime suspects on that list.

Start a new game without these three and check if your Kinky skills still disappear. (You don't really need Woohooer in a game with KinkyMod active, it does too much of the same stuff.)

Also, as Nezumi suzggested, delete caches a lot. I found it best to start The Sims with a batch file that first deletes all the cache files and logs, then starts the game launcher.

NRaas' WooHooer has never conflicted with KW to my knowledge.  They add separate skills and I believe they also use separate counters for skill challenges.  WooHooer DOES sometimes seem to recognize Kinky actions, but that has never affected my games other than sims gain Kama Simtra at the same time as they gain WooHoo skill.  I have them both installed and haven't had a problem yet, although I haven't tried out the new version of KW yet either so it's possible that this is a new issue.

NRaas' WooHooer has never conflicted with KW to my knowledge.  They add separate skills and I believe they also use separate counters for skill challenges.  WooHooer DOES sometimes seem to recognize Kinky actions, but that has never affected my games other than sims gain Kama Simtra at the same time as they gain WooHoo skill.  I have them both installed and haven't had a problem yet, although I haven't tried out the new version of KW yet either so it's possible that this is a new issue.

I had some kind of problem with KW and Woohooer that I can't remember precisely ... but that was at least half a year ago. IIRC I got random moodlets all over the place after woohoo, or something.

Thanks for pointing out that there are not currently any major conflicts between the two.

If you're talking about getting random First WooHoo moodlets and things like that, I noticed it too, but I just figured it was because of the separate skill counters and ignored them.  (Not that I mind the mood boosts biggrin.png )

Strangely enough I'm not getting any of that, everything seems working well aside from the skills.

• 1 month later...

Don't have any problems with kw but had the same issue with one of nraas mods and solution was deleting the 5 ...Cache....package in the documents sims3 folder before starting the game (every time not once btw).  

Darn so It's an issue with nrass? also some of the rabbit holes from my rabbit hole mod aren't showing up. (just additional info)

Not necessarily.  And by the way, I recommend doing what Snoopy911 said above and deleting every "xxxCache.package" file from your Sims game folder before you even load the Sims 3 launcher, every time.  What that does is it forces the game to rebuild the files from scratch every time.  It takes the game longer to load, but it also cuts down on data corruption and ensures that all your mods will work.  I started doing this on a routine basis when I first discovered CC, and haven't stopped since.

I actually try to delete the files after I quit the game (or after it crashes), just because it's easier for me to clean them out at the same time I'm removing the .mdmp/txt files generated by a crash - not to mention the XML logs KW spits out.

Archived