Removing Collar

AhmadShahMassoud

This will seem incredibly trivial, but bear with me, as I have attempted to do this with little success. If it's any consolation, hopefully anybody with expertise will be able to do finish this fairly quickly. Basically I would like the collar of the Triss outfit removed/flattened so that it is level with the shoulders (like any normal shirt). I've attached the .nif of the outfit. Note that I've already tried Outfit Studio, and while using it I can remove the collar, there is nothing below it so the result is that the neck and shoulders are invisible. 

TrissRobesf_0.nif

TrissRobesf_1.nif

have you tryed opening it up in a 3d program editor like autodesk 3dsmax i think it was called then cut polygons and carefully remove them to lower it to your likeing ?

I tried using 3dsmax but when I exported the modded .nif the armor was static in-game, meaning that although the player body moves, the armor would stay still with the arms on the side of the body and the legs in standing position.

This will seem incredibly trivial, but bear with me, as I have attempted to do this with little success. If it's any consolation, hopefully anybody with expertise will be able to do finish this fairly quickly. Basically I would like the collar of the Triss outfit removed/flattened so that it is level with the shoulders (like any normal shirt). I've attached the .nif of the outfit. Note that I've already tried Outfit Studio, and while using it I can remove the collar, there is nothing below it so the result is that the neck and shoulders are invisible. 

you don't need to edit the mesh, instead edit the texture, add an alpha layer for the area you want to cut

you don't need to edit the mesh, instead edit the texture, add an alpha layer for the area you want to cut

If I do that, there will be blank space / skin.

@malfdawg

There is no body under the armor except for the legs and a tiny bit of neck area. If you cut the texture out you would still face the same problem if you were to zap the collar and that would be a empty hole where there is nothing there at all.

lmao then replace the reference body.... common guys... thats not a real issue

@malfdawg

There is no body under the armor except for the legs and a tiny bit of neck area. If you cut the texture out you would still face the same problem if you were to zap the collar and that would be a empty hole where there is nothing there at all.

lmao then replace the reference body.... common guys... thats not a real issue

I'm a complete nooby and I would just like this one very insignificant issue fixed as quickly and efficiently as possible. I don't know how to replace the reference body. I've tried my hand at both Blender and 3dsmax for hours without success. If, as you say, it is simple, then I would be extraordinarily grateful if anyone could take 5 minutes to do it (if for nothing else than the sake of optimizing net time utility, lol).

The Trish armor and body parts are way out of position from where they are actually suppose to be at. The armor and body parts are way forward from where a body is at. 

post-25667-0-98384500-1475026287_thumb.jpg

You could try using outfit studio to add a new body to the delete out the leg and neck mesh. Next turn on wire frame so you can see and adjust the TrissRobesf increase the mesh volume down by the back of the legs then zap most of the body out of the armor but leave lots of the upper body by the collar neck and shoulder area. If you don't zap it you will have lots of clipping from the body as the armor was made without a body in it. The size of the nif will also increase if you leave a full body in it and since it's a almost full armor covering most of the body it is pointless to leave it all in there.

post-25667-0-60724800-1475026394_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-21050500-1475026453_thumb.jpgpost-25667-0-02397000-1475026463_thumb.jpg

After you get it done find out how to use bodyslide to make the _0 and _1 files for the outfit. I don't use so I have no clue on that part of it as I only use outfit studio.

here I replaced the body for you with a UNP body. good luck

TrissRobesf_1.nif

here I replaced the body for you with a UNP body. good luck

Fantastic, much thanks.

Archived