Help me build my dream game!

wanderlustful

I'm building a new gaming PC that will actually finally be able to handle all of the high-end mods I've wanted for a while. I'm using this opportunity to start fresh as my previous game file had a ton of bugs and crashes due to mod errors and my computer just generally being a piece of shit.

So two things, really:

Firstly, is there a guide of sorts that tells you the recommended order for installing these types of mods? As far as graphical mods, sex mods, body mods, etc.

Secondly: I want to build a modlist in advance for a gimmicky playthrough I want to do. Basically I'll have the mods that turn the game into a BDSM hellscape, and then I plan to make a thief/assassin girl whose goal it is to assassinate.. basically every important character (as far as jarls and military officers go) in the game. Then she needs to escape without getting defeated, captured, and forced into one the prison or slavery mods.

So I'd appreciate recommendations on mods that make all NPCs inessential, stealth & assassination mods, and SexLab mods on the more fucked up side for fates that can befall this character if she ever fails up one of her attempts. Crime mods that make it impossible to bail yourself out & preferably extend your wanted status to other provinces help too (basically, if she gets caught once after killing a jarl, I want every city in the game after her head so she can't just stroll up and stab the next guy). I want her to be unable to be in civilization and need to resort to scavenging/thievery to survive in between her kills. 

I have actually done a similar thing to what you are doing before, an assasination playthrough, but minus the slavery. So I can give you some tips as to what I did. For me, I ended up using all manual installs without NMM or MO both of which caused me various drama and re-installs. So I will give you an outline of how it went.

I took the whole thing in major modding stages, backing up my entire Skyrim rather then dicking around with MO or NMM back-ups. Since I'm on SSDs with tons of free space, it takes me roughly around 2-3 minutes to copy entire modded Skyrim directory, so backing it up once in a while is no issue. I also include all my ini and any save files I wish to keep with my back-ups in their respective seperate folders.

The thing to keep in mind, is that mod installation order is extremely important, just as important, if not more important then load order.

So here goes:

1. Re-download all your mods and tools to their respective latest versions and make sure they all match. For example I use UUNP Special Body with Leyenda Skin with all outfits for UUNP HDT or UUNP Special where available. Do not mix them up. This will cause major issues. If you mix stuff up you will have many, many issues.

2. Download and learn how to use Bodyslide, TESVEdit (for cleaning) and LOOT and install them.

3. Right at beginning before even any mods, use TESVEdit to clean Skyrim Update, Dawnguard, Hearthfires and Dragonborn esm files. Bethesda released dirty files and it does cause issues often without people realizing it.

4. Run Skyrim, set your options via the regular launcher, disable all AA FXAA etc., set rest to whatever you want. In game get to Helgen and make any toon up to when you can make your 1st manual save. Also set your options such as keyboard keys, game difficulty, etc. and save your game. This will generate the directory and ini file structure you will need. 

5. Install ENB 3.08 or latest and ENBoost 6.3 or latest.

6. Install unofficial Legendary patch and unofficial high texture patch (if using high textures). Personally I disabled my high terrain texture pack, instead downloaded and installed Skyrim Texture Optimization Project and various texture and effect optimizations for performance, instead of added effects, because I want my Skyrim to concentrate on Character and NPCs rather then all that terrain, weather and other stuff. With full body and outfit mods I started runnign out of VRAM due to the 4GB Windows 10 limitation, if you are on Win 7 and have 8GB card you'll be much, much better off.

7. Install SKSE,  SkyUI, Alternate Start, XP32 Skeleton Extended, Realistic Force, HDT-PE, Jcontainers. IN THAT ORDER, this is important. At this point. I made myself a desktop shortcut to my mod and skyrim/data directories to make it real easy. Run Skyrim, again only make 1 generic save in the cell and tahts it.

8. Install any terrain mods you will use, as I mentioned above, for me this was Skyrim Texture Optimization project, various terrain and interrior optimizations, fog effects optimizations, etc. 

9. Install all your stand alone mods that are not related to bodies, outfits, animations, frameworks or sex. For example "A quality world map", infinite charges, longer days / longer nights, crafting supply chests, Immersive Amazing Follower Tweaks, etc.

10. Use LOOT to sort stuff and check for error messages, if you get mod error messages in LOOT, address them immediately.

11. Install Ni Override, Race Compatability, Race Menu, Sky UI Extensions.

11. Install a body, I used Dimonized UNP with its texture packs for bodies and faces. Install SOS full version for male bodies. Start up your game and generate a character, don't worry about any texture mismatches, seams etc. at this point, it will all be fixed.

12. Install latest Bodyslide. Learn how to use Bodyslide. Download a few presets for it, I like Seraphim the best because I can set its weight 0 to be super skinny/petite while max weight to be a bit chubby (very full figured) and it works great for any character. It has the best scaling I have seen in any preset ever, I customize it to make the breast and butt a little bigger on the high end (weight 100). Learn how to use Batch Build. Very Important Note: when using batch build to generate stuff, MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK NEVERNUDE, or your NPCs might be permamently stuck with undies on in the game. If this happens, just re-generate but without the nevernude stuff, do a search for "nevernude" in entire skyrim folder and just delete everything that comes up with extreme prejudice.

13. I recommend in bodyslide to pick UUNP Special Body. Thats basically UUNP with a working vag.

14. Start Skyrim, generate new character, get naked, check for HDT functionality. Don't worry about seams, texture mismatches yet.

15. Install FNIS Behavior, and rest of FNIS stuff you will be using. 

15. Install Skin or Texture pack, must be compatible with UNP for UNP Special. I use and highly recommend Leyenda Skin, its awesome. Install a good face pack, I use adorable Faces. Hair packs, eye packs, etc. It is important to know that you do not need to actually run everything, in my case for example I have disabled Apachii Hair to lighten the load and I prefer KS Hairdos for my toons, but it has to just be tehre because I use some mods which require it. Use Bodyslide and generate feet, hands, body. This is important. They all need to match, so generate output for the same type. If you mix them up or forget to do one you will have issues.

16. Install Sexlab Framework + ZAZ Animation Pack

17. Generate FNIS for users.

18. Start Skyrim. Generate a toon, register animations, test it via ZAZ MCM 

19. Quit and add outfits and Devious Devices stuff and all its requirements. Do not add slavery mods yet. Batch generate everything in bodyslide, I run 922 outfits / pieces of gear.

20. Start adding mods to SexLab such as Aroused, etc. Use LOOT and generate FNIS along the way, start your game and set them up in their respective MCM menus. Do not do everything at once, if you do your game will crash at start up and you'll need to uninstall / disable stuff to get it to initially start up. Do a few at a time. It is also a good idea to generate a new toon every time and delete all saves to avoid any corruption carry overs. 

21. Install rest of your non-slavery sex mods, SexLab animation packs, extra voices, their respective requirements etc. Install custom races if any, generate FNIS, use LOOT.

22. It is a good Idea at this point (or even earlier) to re-install SOS and XPMSE, in that order, to overwrite and clean up any possible conflicts or mulfunctions related to bodies.

23. Install Bijin or BRTH packs etc. Install NPC Scale Randomizer. Run Bodyslide, FNIS, LOOT.

24. Now install all your slavery, prison mods etc. after you get all the bondage gear functioning properly. You can install and use add-item menu mod to get the stuff directly and test it out.

That should set-up your game, now for the gameplay, just go happily skipping along until you get assassins after you. When they start showing up, do join and follow the entire Dark Brotherhood questline, which is basically a lot of what you are looking for and when you finish it, your game won't be broken as it will if you start assasinating jarl's etc. otherwise and enjoy. You can get yourself imprisoned etc. plenty of times along the way to have fun. I also recommend getting at least 1 custom player home, I like Lakeview Manor the best, and some custom followers, preferably assassin types along with mods such as Better Stealth AI, etc. Make sure all your followers come with HDT and UNP / UUNP compatible bodies, many require seperate customizers for this.

Things of note:

Amazing Follower Tweaks is bugged in LOOT. It needs to be 2nd from last in your load order (with Alternate Start being the last), except patches made specifically for it, or your game will be borked. If at any time you start getting things such as stretched textures etc. especially during sex animations, re-install SOS + XPMSE in that order. If you start getting texture mismatches or seams, re-install main texture pack + skin and re-run Bodyslide, generate feet, hands and body and use Batch build and make sure the output matches. Some older or poorly done skins / textures will always have seams or some mismatches no matter what you do, so you might want to consider different packs. Best ones for me seem to be Fair Skin complexion and Leyenda with adorable faces. Different poeples results will vary.

Run NPC scale randomizer. With stuff such as Bijin NPCs and a custom race or 2 and custom followers, and properly set minimums and maximums in bodyslide, this will basically give you different bodies in entire Skyrim for a really nice and immersive effect, but while still using actually same body for less resource hogging, unlike other mods such as Unique Bodies etc. Same effect, less strain. On top of that, if you don't like a certain NPCs body, you can just set up the randomizer options via MCM and literally change them in the game using just 2 keys until you're happy with them.

Hope you find some of the stuff usefull.

I pretty much used the guide that Ekans suggested for a starting point, only I used the updated version of it.    Just follow the links.  

Then, I came back here, and meticulously went through all the sexlab mods and guides and installed the ones that pertained to what I was going for.

I've ended up with my dream game, and it runs fairly stable.   I use Mod Organizer for my installation.

I am having a blast with it.   My dream game is basically full immersion, in a very dangerous and misogynistic  world that is a lot like reading Game of Thrones.   None of the actual places or characters from it, just the type of feeling of it.

good luck, the dream game can be done!

Archived