It was bound to happen.  The game is so old and well-trodden at this point that, save those playing Enderal, the great majority of people still playing Skyrim are just taking screenshots and dicking around figuratively and literally with followers.  Most of the real modding talent has either retired, moved to Fallout 4, or is with one of the still-in-progress large-scale mods like Beyond Skyrim or Skywind.

Skyrim modding may not be over in a final sense, but the days of people doing good work regularly are past us.

I think Ambriel deserves her spot, as it's the latest fully voiced companion with her own quest.

True, but that doesn't mean she isn't a slooty character.

It was bound to happen.  The game is so old and well-trodden at this point that, save those playing Enderal, the great majority of people still playing Skyrim are just taking screenshots and dicking around figuratively and literally with followers.  Most of the real modding talent has either retired, moved to Fallout 4, or is with one of the still-in-progress large-scale mods like Beyond Skyrim or Skywind.

Skyrim modding may not be over in a final sense, but the days of people doing good work regularly are past us.

The modding community in general is a bit inactive these days due to Skyrim being old (what you said), older Beth games not taking much attention and Fallout 4 being... Well, a bit disappointing. 

Honestly, I have to many followers, so unless they bring something new to the game that I want, I ain't touching it.

Edit: There was a time that I was learning how to make a custom voiced follower, but since I'd have to get a good mic, and even after that, since I'm male the interest would be minimal... I gave up on that idea.

We'll get some back.  Skyrim was and is vastly popular, a big update like that is bound to lure some back.  I doubt we'll see a big revitalization of the modding scene, but we'll probably see faces old and new pop in and a few nice new mods produced, beyond the inevitable ports and occasional updates some older popular mods will see.

EDIT:  I can't help but be amused at seeing a tumblr post about this reblogged almost exclusively by well-known and popular screenshooters acting appalled, as if they don't realize the irony of people who got popular by making pretty characters being mad about pretty characters being popular.  :V

We'll get some back.  Skyrim was and is vastly popular, a big update like that is bound to lure some back.  I doubt we'll see a big revitalization of the modding scene, but we'll probably see faces old and new pop in and a few nice new mods produced, beyond the inevitable ports and occasional updates some older popular mods will see.

EDIT:  I can't help but be amused at seeing a tumblr post about this reblogged almost exclusively by well-known and popular screenshooters acting appalled, as if they don't realize the irony of people who got popular by making pretty characters being mad about pretty characters being popular.  :V

Man, why are you always so cynical? Ease up and relax, dood

I'm... not sure what's cynical about that post?

Nothing cynical per se, but it sounds like you're implying they put on airs of superiority and are in turn, condescending toward "lessers" doing the same.

Personally... I don't care either way; not about the FotM, and not about others taking shots at it. 

I think BACON explained it best.

Nothing cynical per se, but it sounds like you're implying they put on airs of superiority and are in turn, condescending toward "lessers" doing the same.

Personally... I don't care either way; not about the FotM, and not about others taking shots at it. 

However, I do think people are overreacting over this. I believe it is just the quietness before the release of Remaster. Big projects are still going on, and we probably will get quite a few newcomers in the next few months.

Oh. I can kinda see that. My aim was to imply obliviousness rather than condescension - to say that they are unaware that they're talking down about the logical end result of what made them popular to begin with, not turning up their collective nose at the peons trying to imitate them.

At any rate, I don't necessarily think this is the worst thing to happen to Skyrim's modding scene, it's just a sign of the times. Not dead, just somewhat stagnant. The Remaster will liven things up, for sure.

"when I do it it's art, when you do it's ____ (insert negative verb here)"

Personal fave is two of them whom pretty much exclusively post sex scenes and nude shots with their character and then tag halo's post with #sexlab and #0Sex, not even counting gigs of "adventure" shots on the /tesg/Booru.

Hypocrisy, it's what's for dinner.

This isn't even the first time followers have bingo'd the HF row, or even the first time this year.

"when I do it it's art, when you do it's ____ (insert negative verb here)"

Personal fave is two of them whom pretty much exclusively post sex scenes and nude shots with their character and then tag halo's post with #sexlab and #0Sex, not even counting gigs of "adventure" shots on the /tesg/Booru.

Hypocrisy, it's what's for dinner.

This isn't even the first time followers have bingo'd the HF row, or even the first time this year.

I think we already conclude that they overreact. Is it necessary to attack anyone in that comment chain? No. Please take advice from Bacon's signature and behave as such.

Thats horrible advice and completely untrue. Act like an asshole and maybe, MAYBE sometimes the world will fuck you like one, but most of the time you will be fine and or the world tries to fuck you like one it ends up also being an asshole..cuz..yea..i dunno.. GAWD THE WORLD SUCKS UUUGHH :P

We're all bound to get fucked in the ass by teh world one way or another. Its just how well you take it and move on without chucking a hissyfit and crying about it ;). Whew, that went OT

Anyway, nexus mods are really barren with much content now :/, I really hope the Remastered edition reignites the interests of some of the departed modders.

you're absolutely right, the good modders are already has gone a long time.

Every second mod on Nexus, is a follower Mod, the modders have no more ideas,

just like Bethesda, since happens also nothing new!  :P  :lol:  :lol:

Archived