[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

Wood Vixen event:

This triggers for both male and female, but the version that triggers is always male, both in the pictures and text. There should either be a female version (whether with a male partner or female-female), or perhaps have it not trigger for females?

Also, from the same event (DWT.962.desc in DWT_rape_localisation), the line "Lilith send me" should probably be "Lilith sent me".

Thank you. I fixed the spelling mistake in the localization. As for the Wood Vixen event: Yeah, on bi_yearly_pulse() I fire three different events that each have a random_lists. These fire delayed events, but at least the Wood Vixen event so far applies only to male rulers in command of troops. That's also the only one that gives the "asocial" trait which wouldn't make sense for female rulers.

My reasoning here was: With only so many random evens things will get repetitive after a while. To tune down on that certain gender exclusive events will fire their initial stage, but then silently bug out if the ruler's gender is not covered by the event. That way we don't have my random events happen every 6 months, but with a much lower frequency. I don't recall exactly, but on the average it's like this:

•  40-50% chance of an "ruler in command of an army event" for both female/male ruler.
  • - 100% chance of a female "stay at home ruler" firing an event once a year. But: It's tuned down by her age and traits to 20-80% per year to actually do something. A young, virgin, attractive and lustful Lilith ruler? 80% chance. An old hag? 20% chance.
  • 10% bi-yearly chance of Harley getting caught during a card game (if ruler is female)
  • 50% bi-yearly chance of Harley surprising the male ruler with 5 different events.

But I agree: This could both benefit from more events (equal amount of events for male/female ruler) and perhaps an adjustment in randomness.

I guess all those virgin sacrifices I made in the new DLC brought him back to life after all. :P

Hell, yes! :D But I'm still waiting for my invitation into the demonic order. Does anyone know how you can trigger this via the console? You know, for "scientific purposes"! ;)

Wood Vixen event:

This triggers for both male and female, but the version that triggers is always male, both in the pictures and text. There should either be a female version (whether with a male partner or female-female), or perhaps have it not trigger for females?

Also, from the same event (DWT.962.desc in DWT_rape_localisation), the line "Lilith send me" should probably be "Lilith sent me".

Thank you. I fixed the spelling mistake in the localization. As for the Wood Vixen event: Yeah, on bi_yearly_pulse() I fire three different events that each have a random_lists. These fire delayed events, but at least the Wood Vixen event so far applies only to male rulers in command of troops. That's also the only one that gives the "asocial" trait which wouldn't make sense for female rulers.

My reasoning here was: With only so many random evens things will get repetitive after a while. To tune down on that certain gender exclusive events will fire their initial stage, but then silently bug out if the ruler's gender is not covered by the event. That way we don't have my random events happen every 6 months, but with a much lower frequency. I don't recall exactly, but on the average it's like this:

•  40-50% chance of an "ruler in command of an army event" for both female/male ruler.
  • - 100% chance of a female "stay at home ruler" firing an event once a year. But: It's tuned down by her age and traits to 20-80% per year to actually do something. A young, virgin, attractive and lustful Lilith ruler? 80% chance. An old hag? 20% chance.
  • 10% bi-yearly chance of Harley getting caught during a card game (if ruler is female)
  • 50% bi-yearly chance of Harley surprising the male ruler with 5 different events.

But I agree: This could both benefit from more events (equal amount of events for male/female ruler) and perhaps an adjustment in randomness.

Hm, it was triggering for me as a female ruler in command of troops. It also fired all the way through the event, as well.

I did go and look at the events a little while ago (and modded in a temp fix for the version I was playing with), and I like the way you arranged it all. It's definitely fun, and I can't wait to see what else you add in there :)

Lurker coming out of hiding to say: Welcome back Toska you glorious man you.

On seperate note, after the Monks and mystics, the rape option for prisoners no longer appears, though it does on courtiers and other members of court, is this something only on my end?

Lurker coming out of hiding to say: Welcome back Toska you glorious man you.

On seperate note, after the Monks and mystics, the rape option for prisoners no longer appears, though it does on courtiers and other members of court, is this something only on my end?

I think it's because of Paradox, since they updated some of prisoner mechanics (or added).You'll have to wait for submosubmod to be updated. :)

It was something Paradox did. For most of the targeted_decissions related to sex with courtiers or prisoners I had this set:

filter = home_court

ai_target_filter = self

Somehow that doesn't work anymore and the changelog for v2.7 actually mentions it. So I needed to change those to this:

filter = all

ai_target_filter = realm

It may work with a smaller scope as well, but this was the quick fix I found in the latest "Dark World Reborn".

Will there be a Harley overhaul for female rulers?

Also the stay home female futa rulers?

I'm not so much in the futa stuff myself, so I'm not sure if I might tackle that. But yes: I'm thinking about giving the female ruler some more events. I've not yet decided if I simply replace Harley for him with the Joker or another "special" NPC with a wicked mind. That way a female ruler can then get some m/f interactions on a similar scope as a male ruler can get them with Harley.

After a bit of playtesting (actually more testing than playing) I figured out how the secret societies work. This indeed opens some new possibilities for some wicked stuff beyond what's already implemented. So I might want to expand on that and give a male or female rulers some secret society related events in the longer haul.

Ok, here we go: I just uploaded DWToska v1.2.0.

It does not yet contain any new features beyond what v1.1.3 offered. I just made it more compatible with CK2 v2.7 and Dark World Reborn v1.49.

Changelog for DWToska v1.2.0:

• Updated for Crusader Kings II v2.7
  • Updated for Dark World Reborn v1.49
  • Modified "filter" and "ai_target_filter" in existing targeted decissions.
  • Removed modification of christian religion which was introduced in v1.1.3 (to allow more concubines). Caused too much grief.
  • Spawning Harley: "Dark World Core" v1.49 still has DWCourt.1000 to spawn a court jester. But it doesn't seem to get triggered at the moment. So for that reason my dwt_on_actions.txt will do a bi-yearly pulse on my own DWTCourt.1000 to spawn her. Provided you don't already have accepted or rejected her as court jester during a prior pulse of the event.
  • As suggested: Rapes of females as male ruler in command of an army during a successful siege will now imprison the victim.
  • Fixed spelling mistake in localization.

The might be other things that need fixing, but this covers the majority of issues that I found. If you find anything else that's broken, then please let me know.

I looked into tentacle pregancy giving the child the tentacle-kin trait (as was suggested above), but this will have to wait for another day. It's not as straightforward, because I'd have to do this: On tentacle rape I have to flag the mother. Need to wait until she gives birth, find out who her youngest child is (more complicated if twins), give the offspring the proper trait and unflag the mother again. The short and dirty way would be to give the mother the trait "tentacle" directly during the rape, as it has a 100% chance of inheritance. That would require just one line of code instead. What are your opinions on that?

Ok, here we go: I just uploaded DWToska v1.2.0.

It does not yet contain any new features beyond what v1.1.3 offered. I just made it more compatible with CK2 v2.7 and Dark World Reborn v1.49.

Changelog for DWToska v1.2.0:

• Updated for Crusader Kings II v2.7
  • Updated for Dark World Reborn v1.49
  • Modified "filter" and "ai_target_filter" in existing targeted decissions.
  • Removed modification of christian religion which was introduced in v1.1.3 (to allow more concubines). Caused too much grief.
  • Spawning Harley: "Dark World Core" v1.49 still has DWCourt.1000 to spawn a court jester. But it doesn't seem to get triggered at the moment. So for that reason my dwt_on_actions.txt will do a bi-yearly pulse on my own DWTCourt.1000 to spawn her. Provided you don't already have accepted or rejected her as court jester during a prior pulse of the event.
  • As suggested: Rapes of females as male ruler in command of an army during a successful siege will now imprison the victim.
  • Fixed spelling mistake in localization.

The might be other things that need fixing, but this covers the majority of issues that I found. If you find anything else that's broken, then please let me know.

I looked into tentacle pregancy giving the child the tentacle-kin trait (as was suggested above), but this will have to wait for another day. It's not as straightforward, because I'd have to do this: On tentacle rape I have to flag the mother. Need to wait until she gives birth, find out who her youngest child is (more complicated if twins), give the offspring the proper trait and unflag the mother again. The short and dirty way would be to give the mother the trait "tentacle" directly during the rape, as it has a 100% chance of inheritance. That would require just one line of code instead. What are your opinions on that?

Just wanted to let you know that DWCourt.1000 works as intended (mostly - see the flag issue at the end when you back out without making a selection). It isn't based on a time frame. It's based on your kingdom meeting the qualifications to have a court jester, and it be empty. It then enables an intrigue decision - along the same lines of 'Invite a Noble to Court', except that it's 'Hire a Court Jester.'

I've tested it multiple times today alone, and I've had no challenge in getting Harley. The only quirk I've noticed, is if you back out of it, it leaves the flag which prevents you from going back in.

So if it's not working for you, then it's likely something else going on.

It was something Paradox did. For most of the targeted_decissions related to sex with courtiers or prisoners I had this set:

filter = home_court

ai_target_filter = self

Somehow that doesn't work anymore and the changelog for v2.7 actually mentions it. So I needed to change those to this:

filter = all

ai_target_filter = realm

It may work with a smaller scope as well, but this was the quick fix I found in the latest "Dark World Reborn".

Yup everything seems to work again, Thanks a bunch!

Just wanted to let you know that DWCourt.1000 works as intended (mostly - see the flag issue at the end when you back out without making a selection). It isn't based on a time frame. It's based on your kingdom meeting the qualifications to have a court jester, and it be empty. It then enables an intrigue decision - along the same lines of 'Invite a Noble to Court', except that it's 'Hire a Court Jester.'

Many thanks for the pointers, much appreciated!

Indeed, my mistake was that during all my tests I was still tribal and therefore not eligible for a court jester. My current method (spawning her via my own DWT.1000) is slightly flawed, too. I do get Harley that way (even if I'm not eligible). But she just "silently" appears in my court and I'd rather give people a choice if they want her. So in the next release I'll switch it back to let your mod just do it's regular thing via your DWCourt.1000.

I might have found another bug in my mod that I might want to fix. Somehow my female ruler ended up with a tripple pregancy from three different guys. There's probably an event or two of mine with a hard coded percentage for pregnancy that doesn't take fertility into account - or that someone already has a bun in the oven.

Many thanks for the pointers, much appreciated!

Indeed, my mistake was that during all my tests I was still tribal and therefore not eligible for a court jester. My current method (spawning her via my own DWT.1000) is slightly flawed, too. I do get Harley that way (even if I'm not eligible). But she just "silently" appears in my court and I'd rather give people a choice if they want her. So in the next release I'll switch it back to let your mod just do it's regular thing via your DWCourt.1000.

I might have found another bug in my mod that I might want to fix. Somehow my female ruler ended up with a tripple pregancy from three different guys. There's probably an event or two of mine with a hard coded percentage for pregnancy that doesn't take fertility into account - or that someone already has a bun in the oven.

I ran into this problem in the past when I let multiple partners each have a chance to impregnate a woman. It seemed like a successful insemination would trigger the pregnancy until each one had a chance to process - so you could end up with multiple pregnancies, which could get really carried away.

I believe I ultimately just selected one of the johns at random and ran the pregnancy check just against the one random selection in order to avoid the multiple pregnancy glitch (which seems cool at first, but then like I said, it seems to get carried away then in almost game breaking proportions).

I know a lot more now then I did then in coding CK2 mods, so there's probably a better way to handle it than my select a single random individual - and i do plan on doing an overhaul of the pregnancy component - but probably not for another few updates.

I ran into this problem in the past when I let multiple partners each have a chance to impregnate a woman. It seemed like a successful insemination would trigger the pregnancy until each one had a chance to process - so you could end up with multiple pregnancies, which could get really carried away.

Yeah, I think that contributed to the problem I ran into. Nonetheless I checked my code and indeed found an instance where fertility wasn't figured in. I usually play female rulers with a birth control mod so that I can use the pregnancies more strategically and this event just knocked her up despite having a fertility of like -99900%. But that's fixed now.

I just uploaded v1.2.1 which contains the following small fixes:

• Fix to no longer spawn Harley with this mod, as the mechanism for that in "Dark World Core" v1.49 *is* indeed working if the kingdom is meeting the qualifications to have a court jester.
  • Fixed an event for female rulers where fertility wasn't taken into account when calculating the chance of pregancy.
  • Tentacle rape of females that leads to a pregnancy now assigns the trait "tentacle" (for tentacle-kin) to the victim, making sure the offspring inherits this trait, too.
  • Added events DWT.9900 and DWT.9901 (personal cheats - need manual triggering via console) to join the satanists and to level up/down within the order.

The two (manual) events were added for playtesting the secret society stuff. Are there really no more missions once you get Grand Master in a society?

Yeah, I think that contributed to the problem I ran into. Nonetheless I checked my code and indeed found an instance where fertility wasn't figured in. I usually play female rulers with a birth control mod so that I can use the pregnancies more strategically and this event just knocked her up despite having a fertility of like -99900%. But that's fixed now.

I just uploaded v1.2.1 which contains the following small fixes:

• Fix to no longer spawn Harley with this mod, as the mechanism for that in "Dark World Core" v1.49 *is* indeed working if the kingdom is meeting the qualifications to have a court jester.
  • Fixed an event for female rulers where fertility wasn't taken into account when calculating the chance of pregancy.
  • Tentacle rape of females that leads to a pregnancy now assigns the trait "tentacle" (for tentacle-kin) to the victim, making sure the offspring inherits this trait, too.
  • Added events DWT.9900 and DWT.9901 (personal cheats - need manual triggering via console) to join the satanists and to level up/down within the order.

The two (manual) events were added for playtesting the secret society stuff. Are there really no more missions once you get Grand Master in a society?

There don't seem to be. The mission that I had prior to becoming grandmaster never finished, even when I fulfilled the conditions, and I didn't seem to be able to send myself on any new ones.

Isn't this mod just material from the old DW-mod? I don't think DocToska has made any own material

I'm sorry, but I do take objection to such a slanderous statement. You may mean well, but your opinion is a bit ill informed and disrespectful.

As for noxbestia or anyone else incorporating parts of my mod (or all of it) into their own mods? Absolutley! No objection to this from my end. To the contrary: I welcome that. Not only because he already asked for (and received) permission months ago, but on general principle as all of us can only gain from these kind of collaborations.

No offence or disrespect ment, I thought I had read somewhere in the thread that it was all old material, but I was apparently wrong. So I apologize for my wrongful statement.

There don't seem to be. The mission that I had prior to becoming grandmaster never finished, even when I fulfilled the conditions, and I didn't seem to be able to send myself on any new ones.

In a way it makes sense: Once you're Grandmaster, you decide who your enemies are. Yet ... it makes the secret society useless if there's nothing else that it does aside from continuing to exist.

I've started looking through the Monk's and Mystic's events and configs and I'm glad that Paradox even threw in a few *.info files as documentation. What I'd like to do is to beef it up with some kinky stuff. Like either creating a separate Secret Society of Lilith worshippers or re-purposing the existing Satanic order for this. Which might be less invasive, but could create it's own problems.

Ideally I'd like to see missions that are adapted more in line with the Lilith faith and tailored for either Succubus or Incubus: Seduce this or that noble, possibly make him do something that's either not good for him (or her) or the dynasty he (or she) belongs to. With higher Succubus/Incubus levels this could also involve targeted killings via Succubus/Incubus powers or "lesser evils" such as making them hate their liege, rebell against him or going to war against a random neighbour. That way you could use these powers to pretty well disrupt realms within diplomatic range.

This is just a wild idea right now. But it would allow to make the Lillith stuff more game changing than it already is and would open up some more strategic possibilities.

As for Grandmaster rank being useless in end game: What if we could then assign such missions to members of our socienty? Success and failure would be based on traits and skills and could as well be fatal for the members that are assigned to these missions, creating a somewhat constant need for further recruitement.

I'll play a bit with modding societies and see if and how this could be done and if it's worth the effort.

The Norse secret society of Hel involves a lot of sex. In fact it's the initiation ritual.

Yeah, but it's still a bit tame. I think I make my own secret society - with blackjack and hookers. Well, maybe not with blackjack, but certainly less tame. :D

post-208351-0-20962400-1489183216_thumb.png

The Satanic initiation involves sex too, but again, it's very PG-13 in that it's mostly just implied. Same with the "Hold a Satanic Orgy" event. Both of them scream out for more detail, as well as more kinky options. However, given the difficulties of overwriting core game/DLC content without conflict with other mods, I'd definitely say that a separate society may be best (and that picture looks great).

I haven't looked at the exact mechanics of the missions, but I figure that even if those get broken at Grandmaster, it would still be possible to have event-driven ones. Either way, they could be much grander in scope, such as growing the society's influence to a certain level, gaining a new member of a certain rank (or certain specific ruler), or something on those lines.

However, given the difficulties of overwriting core game/DLC content without conflict with other mods, I'd definitely say that a separate society may be best

I think so, too. I'm currently looking at the fundamentals for this and I make and break things as I go along. For instance: I haven't yet managed to make the secret society "Lilith's Own" visible by itself so that you can show interest and join. That only worked if I straight out replaced the existing "Devil's Own", which I don't want to do. If I cannot figure this one out, I'll simply make an event that eventually fires on its own once you're either Incubus or Lilith and not yet in a society. That event will then either give you the chance to join Lilith's society or not. Either way: That's no problem.

The missions? They fire on on_society_bi_yearly_pulse{}, so it is pretty straighforward juggling a few non-PG13 missions in there.

I haven't looked at the exact mechanics of the missions, but I figure that even if those get broken at Grandmaster, it would still be possible to have event-driven ones. Either way, they could be much grander in scope, such as growing the society's influence to a certain level, gaining a new member of a certain rank (or certain specific ruler), or something on those lines.

I'm looking at \events\mmm_devil_worshipers_events.txt as a template right now for my own missions. There is a trigger that stops you from getting missions once you are society grandmaster. If that trigger is removed, you will still get missions. So that's an easy one.

One other thing I noticed mucking around in the events, not related to the new DLC, was that in the Caravan event, you never seemed to get anything for buying - just lose gold. Looking at the event I see a number of triggers for a DWT.900+ series that don't seem to exist? There are a number of events below in the 37x range that appear to be for this event, but that I see no triggers for.

If you'd like, I might be able to throw together a few options for some regular, as well as exotic (or even super-exotic, like elf/orc/angel/whatever slaves based on content enable/disable rules) options to be purchased that you could plug into a script.

That is, I tossed a few together quickly for my own use, and would be happy to provide those if you like. You'd probably want to expand/change/adapt them, of course, but it might save some time.

Archived