[mod] [CK2] Dark World Reborn: Toska (Submod)

DocToska

I do not see any conflicts between changing the default priority for a decision in the mod files and stating the not widely known fact that the player can alter it him/herself ingame. One does not prevent the other.

Maybe there are players out there who want to be constantly reminded of the birth control. Maybe there are players who would like to have "work as a whore" from Dark World a high priority so they know when it comes off cooldown. Maybe there are players who do not want a reminder they can have a Blood Moon simply because they are already maxed out succubus/incubus.

Default is well and good but knowing one can change it to their own likes and how s/he can do it is better in my eyes.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To avoid a doublepost an edit.

I just used Lilith Touch on King Karloman Karling (769 start, king of Austrasia) and he raped his courtmembers as planned. Afterwards he found out and I got a -80 opinion modifier.

The modifier vanished the next day.

I had a look through the event and the opinion modifier has no duration set so in theory it is sticking forever. I am using CK2+ (Beta 5 at the moment) In the opinion dropdown the modifier was stated to have a duration till the day it was applied i.e. 0 days.

Another weird issue is the mission to sacrifice a virgin to lilith. During the sacrifice the victim loses his/her virgin status and the mission is not finishable.

A small suggestion:

Add a high level high cost power to purge 80% of your court (Let loose the demons! Or start the dancing plague in your court?). If you don't pay attention, the number of your courtiers tends to spiral out of control quite easily.

Here's the thing.

If remember correctly, game itself purges useless courtiers from time to time. If player hasn't interacted with courtier for long time, he's killed off.

But... this also can be really, really dangerous, since if it would be specified in wrong way, it could kill out your dynasty or important characters (fairy tale characters, Harley, your slaves)

Why dancing plague? Isn't Lilith plague enough? :D

You can go crazy with Lililiths plague all day.

Plus, adding another plague to hand of AI can be dangerous.

If you're after killing off courtiers, simply sacrifice some time on that "Ask to leave" decision or sacrifice to Lilith/Lucifer

Here's the thing.

If remember correctly, game itself purges useless courtiers from time to time. If player hasn't interacted with courtier for long time, he's killed off.

But... this also can be really, really dangerous, since if it would be specified in wrong way, it could kill out your dynasty or important characters (fairy tale characters, Harley, your slaves)

If you're after killing off courtiers, simply sacrifice some time on that "Ask to leave" decision or sacrifice to Lilith/Lucifer

That auto-purge does not seem to work very well, my court keeps approaching 100 courtiers even when I stay passive.

The Lilith plague can be triggered by the player? How?

Here's the thing.If remember correctly, game itself purges useless courtiers from time to time. If player hasn't interacted with courtier for long time, he's killed off.

That auto-purge does not seem to work very well, my court keeps approaching 100 courtiers even when I stay passive.

The Lilith plague can be triggered by the player? How?

New Disease: (Requires "The Reaper's Due") Maybe you have heard of "The Dancing Plague"? Where people dance uncontrollably in the streets until they are totally exhausted? Well, this plague has inspired Lilith to unleash her own plague, called "Lilith's Plague". Instead of dancing to exhaustion the victims of this plague do a lot more than just shake their legs and engage in mindless procreation to the point of total exhaustion. This plague hasn't killed anyone yet, but anyone under the influence of it will end up thoroughly fucked and with a smile on their face.

I'm not sure, but by ranking up player can unleash this plague?

I haven't tried this yet, since I'm waiting for all mods to be stable with current version. Plus... I have soke work to do.

But here's a thing.

Even if Lilith plague isn't lethal, and it's still new disease, which can cause chaos. And AI is very stupid.

Once you give disease to players hands, it can terribly fuck up your entire game. Your dynasty can be easily wiped out, because you released plague, just to get rid of some courtiers. And I'm not talking about prosperity lost and depopulation.

In core, CK2 is still a strategy game.

And even worse, if plague is simply in hands of AI, they will release it without reason. Because they can and they don't understand, WHAT it is.

You are releasing it for some reason. They don't.

SO, in the end, it's far more easy to click on "ask to leave court" or simply give out single shitty barony/city to that one guy, who pops out babies like factory.

Or mass abduct and mass sacrifice can work well.

Or if you're patient, simply .kill them. For balance purposes.

And if I'm not mistaken... game itself kills off useless characters. Such those, without any claims or lowborns. People with terrible stats and those, which just take up place in court slot and aren't interacted with player.

But game wont kill off people with titles, honorary titles, council positions or your own dynasty

For example... I once had my Harley killed off by game, because she wasn't "important".

Still, this is up to Toska to decide, if he's adding it or not.

No ranking up in Lilith' Own does not start Lilith Plague per se. With Lilith' Touch you can give the plague and the sexcrazed trait to one person but the disease isn't spreading because the country does not get the disease. At least I haven't seen it happening when I tested the touch.

As far as I understand it it works like the original dancing plague in spawning which means you'll see it only occasionally and it does not spread very far.

The AI does not shut their gates as the disease is nonlethal in nature.

You can however spawn the disease yourself through console. The command is "spawn_disease lilith_plague COUNTRYID" where the coutryid can be looked up in the game files under history/provinces. Paris (Ile de France) is 112 for example.

Just a question and a suggestion.

Do you have the ability to put all your various "Blessing" tags under one icon like the game lists out the player's inventory bonuses?

As you can probably understand that bottom row in the stat window gets really crowded when everything is listed separately.

A small suggestion:

Add a high level high cost power to purge 80% of your court (Let loose the demons! Or start the dancing plague in your court?). If you don't pay attention, the number of your courtiers tends to spiral out of control quite easily.

No, sorry. I won't do that. I think it's quite natural that such unrestricted procreation leads to a population growth. There are ways to manage this both within the scope of the game or via mods. You can marry or kill off courtiers, can send them away. Can send wards somewhere else for education ... things like that. There are also cheatmods that easily allow you to imprison or kill anyone without the usual repercussions. So I don't really see the population growth as a problem, but as an opportunity.

I had a look through the event and the opinion modifier has no duration set so in theory it is sticking forever. I am using CK2+ (Beta 5 at the moment) In the opinion dropdown the modifier was stated to have a duration till the day it was applied i.e. 0 days.

Another weird issue is the mission to sacrifice a virgin to lilith. During the sacrifice the victim loses his/her virgin status and the mission is not finishable.

For the modifier: Thanks, will fix that. As for "sacrifice a virgin" ... I just checked that. Example: Male ruler sacrifices female virgin. That will progress up to DWTLLOSEX.3041, where the virgin check is. But that's the built in and stock CKII "is_virgin_trigger". It doesn't fire on the trait "virgin", which is a Dark World trait. Instead that CKII trigger does some other guesswork such as: Had a child, was married, lover, has a certain age? Not a virgin. So us removing the virgin trait during the sacrifice doesn't necessarily make the mission uncompleteable. It didn't complete because "is_virgin_trigger" in your case didn't think the victim was a virgin to begin with.

Yeah Liliths Own events seem to be leaking all over the place for me, too. I keep having wild orgies with my hermetic bros.

Oh oh. Many thanks for reporting that. I'll take a look at this.

The case I mentioned was a newly created 16 year old, unmarried, chaste and male catholic priest. It took me roundabout 5 month to imprison him via intrigue.

Highly doubtful he was not a virgin anymore by that point. Nevertheless he did not count towards "sacrifice a virgin".

That's what I meant with weird issue.

I also had the idea to sacrifice a child as it is pretty much guaranteed to be virgin but a sacrifice to lilith is unavailable for children. As is sensible since a sacrifice is essentially a "Fuck 'em to death!".

One thing I do want to suggest.  It may be prudent to limit the entire 'corrupt X' skill or other such 'corruption' skills to Order tier 4 AI characters or only the player character firing it and cut it out for the AI.  This also goes for any other type events that are firing for AI characters or even the player character's court which include high level lifestyle traits.  The spread of Hedonism and Master Seducer traits is a bit over the top in a very short time period. 

I'm stunned if the world doesn't explode into a sexual orgy ball after a generation.

Balancing is so hard in this game.

But yep, agreed.

Since I'm working on the Tree, Toska, I can't provide much for future... But while I was at work, I had some cool ideas as additions for CK2.

Super neat and probably cool?

1. Royal Guard Barracks

What this does, is adding 700 gold cost building to Feudal/Iqta government buildings.

For tribals, it's 2500 prestige cost building, called Champion's Arena.

It only adds +10 heavy infantry.

But... once built, it unlocks intrigue option "Recruit Royal guard" for feudal/Iqta.

"Recruit champion" for tribals.

Once done, player will receive modifier/trait "Champion bodyguards" for tribals.

Or... "Royal Guard bodyguards" for feudal/Iqta.

Both modifiers/traits give +1 personal combat and defensive_plot_power_modifier +5%.

Each time, player can recruit royal guard, for more bonuses. Each time, royal guard are more and more expensive:

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 1: +1 personal combat, +5% defensive plot power, at cost of 600 gold

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 2: +2 personal combat, +10% defensive plot power, at cost of 700 gold

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 3: +3 personal combat: +15 defensive plot power, at cost of 800

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 4: +4 personal combat, +20% defensive plot power, at cost of 900 gold.

Gold is used for both tribals and feudals. Each time, player purchases one modifier/trait, new one is added, old one removed.

This is... somehow realistic simulation of royal guard, protecting their leader from any harm. From battlefield foes, to scheming snakes.

2. Demonic transformation.

Lilithian religion has quite a lot... But but one thing was missing all the time. You basically worship demonic queen of lust.

You are a succubus, but... you can't really summon demons or transform people into demons? Well, now you can!

Demonic transformation is rank 4 spell for Lilithian leader. With this power, he/she can transform any courtier/family member/vassal into demonic fiend.

- Costs 10gold society power credits per cast

- Allows multiple types of transformations to be casted

- Once person is transformed, he'll/she'll receive new portrait.

- Once casted, suspicion of you AND target raises greatly.

- Available to AI.

- Demonic traits generate also "Orgasmic power"

- Once casted, player of AI will receive event, with description of their transformation.

Here's what it does:

Upon selection of target, player will receive event, where demonic form will be chosen. Some traits are orientated for seduction, other for war and intrigue. Once chosen, player will lose his power, suspicion is raised, and target is possibly transformed.

Here are those transformations:

Hellguard: +3 martial, +1 personal combat, +1 health, Army damage +10%, +10% morale damage, -20 general opinion (Demon)

Terrible brute, with immense power. Fierce in combat, very resilient and feared among everyone.

Nightmare: +3 intrigue, +10% assassinate chance, +10% plot defense, +10% plot discovery chance, -20 General opinion (demon)

Demon of shadows, nightmares and treachery. He takes form of shadowy cloud, shaping into various sizes and forms. Hardly seen, silent and deadly.

Succubus Matriarch/Incubus Patriarch: +15 attraction opinion, +20% fertility, +1 health, +3 diplomacy, -20 general opinion.

Special kind of succubi/Incubi. Unlike others, these demons are far more fertile, clever and masterful in their "art". Usually Matriarch/Patriarch is used as consort for demonic lords, due her ability to give birth to any demon. Or... to insemnate any humanoid/demonic species.

- Doesn't replace original "succubus/incibus" trait.

Demonic mutant: -2 to every stat, -70 attraction opinion, -40 general opinion, +40% morale damage.

This demonic transformation can't be selected l. This trait has 10% chance to appear with each transformation. It counts as... "ritual failure", where target is transformed into misshapen abomination.

So... yeah, every transformation has 90% chance of success. And even 10% chance to fail, transforming target into mutant.

The education of courtiers event isn't triggering for me and I have no idea why. I've tried just about everything I can think of, including stripping what mods I'm using down to only what is required/recommended for this mod. The only thing I've really managed to figure out is that I can force the events to trigger, sort of, by entering them into the console. Any sort of help would be greatly appreciated.

hey there i am really enjoying playing your mod and try to add up somethings by my own

i wanna suggest something really simple yet providing another interesting event collection on your mod.

like a targeted decision can be selected by any liege who has feudal vassal and randomly choose one of them to pay sexual relationship in exchange of favor or vice versa

and make it so that ai liege can force player to make such choice. how about it? should not be that difficult but can be very interesting and somewhat not that out of real world thing

By being in command.

When you lead an army flank (the whole army is not neccessary) the events can be triggered.

Funny, never seem to have any trigger, or see any means to trigger them..

They're a supposed to be a random chance event, like the merchants or hedge knights showing up at your court from the base game.  

I'm also having an issue with them never appearing, either in court or command, with about 16 years in game tested, various court and command times in that period.

It might be that i don't have Conclave, Reapers, or Monks expansions, but haven't had any issues with the other normal random event chains spawning.  Though as a female ruler I only seem to get the Harley cheating at cards event, but I don't recall if there're any other possibilities.

Ok. So I *think* I might have figured out whats going on with the education of courtiers (event DWTRandom.300 for exact reference) thing. Long story short I downloaded an earlier version of the mod to compare and noticed a difference in the triggers.

This is from version 1.0.2:

trigger = {
		NOT = { trait = futa }
		is_pregnant = no
		liege = {
			ai = no
			prisoner = no
			in_command = no
			is_adult = yes
		}
	}

And this is the code from the current version:

trigger = {
		is_pregnant = no
		ai = no
		prisoner = no
		in_command = no
		is_adult = yes
	}

When I replaced the current version's code with the 1.0.2 version the event did fire for me, assuming my character was the courtier's guardian.

I'm going to be perfectly honest here: I have absolutely no idea why the trigger code from 1.0.2 works while the current version's doesn't.

Balancing is so hard in this game.

But yep, agreed.

Since I'm working on the Tree, Toska, I can't provide much for future... But while I was at work, I had some cool ideas as additions for CK2.

Super neat and probably cool?

1. Royal Guard Barracks

What this does, is adding 700 gold cost building to Feudal/Iqta government buildings.

For tribals, it's 2500 prestige cost building, called Champion's Arena.

It only adds +10 heavy infantry.

But... once built, it unlocks intrigue option "Recruit Royal guard" for feudal/Iqta.

"Recruit champion" for tribals.

Once done, player will receive modifier/trait "Champion bodyguards" for tribals.

Or... "Royal Guard bodyguards" for feudal/Iqta.

Both modifiers/traits give +1 personal combat and defensive_plot_power_modifier +5%.

Each time, player can recruit royal guard, for more bonuses. Each time, royal guard are more and more expensive:

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 1: +1 personal combat, +5% defensive plot power, at cost of 600 gold

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 2: +2 personal combat, +10% defensive plot power, at cost of 700 gold

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 3: +3 personal combat: +15 defensive plot power, at cost of 800

Royal Guard bodyguards/Champion boduguards 4: +4 personal combat, +20% defensive plot power, at cost of 900 gold.

Gold is used for both tribals and feudals. Each time, player purchases one modifier/trait, new one is added, old one removed.

This is... somehow realistic simulation of royal guard, protecting their leader from any harm. From battlefield foes, to scheming snakes.

2. Demonic transformation.

Lilithian religion has quite a lot... But but one thing was missing all the time. You basically worship demonic queen of lust.

You are a succubus, but... you can't really summon demons or transform people into demons? Well, now you can!

Demonic transformation is rank 4 spell for Lilithian leader. With this power, he/she can transform any courtier/family member/vassal into demonic fiend.

- Costs 10gold society power credits per cast

- Allows multiple types of transformations to be casted

- Once person is transformed, he'll/she'll receive new portrait.

- Once casted, suspicion of you AND target raises greatly.

- Available to AI.

- Demonic traits generate also "Orgasmic power"

- Once casted, player of AI will receive event, with description of their transformation.

Here's what it does:

Upon selection of target, player will receive event, where demonic form will be chosen. Some traits are orientated for seduction, other for war and intrigue. Once chosen, player will lose his power, suspicion is raised, and target is possibly transformed.

Here are those transformations:

Hellguard: +3 martial, +1 personal combat, +1 health, Army damage +10%, +10% morale damage, -20 general opinion (Demon)

Terrible brute, with immense power. Fierce in combat, very resilient and feared among everyone.

Nightmare: +3 intrigue, +10% assassinate chance, +10% plot defense, +10% plot discovery chance, -20 General opinion (demon)

Demon of shadows, nightmares and treachery. He takes form of shadowy cloud, shaping into various sizes and forms. Hardly seen, silent and deadly.

Succubus Matriarch/Incubus Patriarch: +15 attraction opinion, +20% fertility, +1 health, +3 diplomacy, -20 general opinion.

Special kind of succubi/Incubi. Unlike others, these demons are far more fertile, clever and masterful in their "art". Usually Matriarch/Patriarch is used as consort for demonic lords, due her ability to give birth to any demon. Or... to insemnate any humanoid/demonic species.

- Doesn't replace original "succubus/incibus" trait.

Demonic mutant: -2 to every stat, -70 attraction opinion, -40 general opinion, +40% morale damage.

This demonic transformation can't be selected l. This trait has 10% chance to appear with each transformation. It counts as... "ritual failure", where target is transformed into misshapen abomination.

So... yeah, every transformation has 90% chance of success. And even 10% chance to fail, transforming target into mutant.

One suggestion I have: instead of making bodyguards a simple purchase, it might be best if they also have a cost over time that goes up as the rank of bodyguard is better. Besides the fact that it would make more sense as I assume well trained bodyguards would be paid fairly decently, it also puts in a light amount of strategy where you might need to decide to not improve your bodyguards due to not being able to pay the constant cost while retaining a good amount of income along with at some points possibly needing to even disband them.

A small suggestion:

No, sorry. I won't do that. I think it's quite natural that such unrestricted procreation leads to a population growth. There are ways to manage this both within the scope of the game or via mods. You can marry or kill off courtiers, can send them away. Can send wards somewhere else for education ... things like that. There are also cheatmods that easily allow you to imprison or kill anyone without the usual repercussions. So I don't really see the population growth as a problem, but as an opportunity.

While I do not like his proposed solution, I have to disagree with you about population growth not being a problem. I do have plenty of options to trim the fat in my own court, as you say, but I can't do it for every court. And as it stands now most courts seem to get filled with hedonistic, master seducer prostitutes who can impregnate and get impregnated from halfway around the world. There's no way to manage that without doing multiple console commands per character or cheat killing them outright, which is like an endless game of whackamole.

My concern is the population explosion is creating the sort of slowdown a 300 year old game would experience at the 30-50 year mark, and it keeps getting slower from there as the game has to keep track of all the characters. Sending them away doesn't change that, the game still keeps track of them, still gives them events, still has them breed like rabbits.

I'm not sure what the solution could be, unless there is a way to just toggle off the prostitution effects... although that's not necesarilly specific to your mod.

I do think the mod is on the right track though, the changes to the ai introducing virgins to lilith were a huge quality of life improvement.

Minor bug:  Child of Lilith through Holy Impregnation and the male child went to Lucifer's Own instead of Lilith's Own.  Religious background was Orthodox, not sure if that matters.

This happens every time, because the event is a copy of the one for lucifer's own. Needs to be changed to have the child become high priest/priestess of lilith's own.

Minor bug:  Child of Lilith through Holy Impregnation and the male child went to Lucifer's Own instead of Lilith's Own.  Religious background was Orthodox, not sure if that matters.

This happens every time, because the event is a copy of the one for lucifer's own. Needs to be changed to have the child become high priest/priestess of lilith's own.

Yeah but if that's the case it's got to be triggering off the demon flag in the underlying attachment of the character.

IE:  set_character_flag = demon_child_non_pagan

I just wonder if there was corresponding code written for the other flag:  set_character_flag = lilith_child

If so mild workaround would be removing the demon_child_non_pagan flag so it doesn't trigger the attachment to Lucifer's own through the vanilla game.

Archived