Why do people keep using UNP when we have CBBE/UUNP Bodyslide?

Because bodyslide preview + outfit studio don't work on my laptop (missing opengl shader feature or something) 6 year old laptop with mobility radeon hd 5470 512 mb version...

BodySlide only requires a Radeon HD 2000 or higher.

Your drivers are outdated or you're not running the program with the dedicated GPU.

It's something that bothers me a lot. When choosing CBBE/UUNP you can create your very own body, yet there are lots of people who stick to UNP when it doesn't have any customization options at all (aside from textures and normals, which bodyslide has too).

Can someone give me a reason of why?

it's something that bothers me a lot (or not)? why does so many people have to create topics asking why others aren't using the mod they pick?

oh, you want an answear?

because have no use for those customization options, no longer use unp anyway

just for lol

161006062720122590.jpg

it's just messing with the sliders, oh, wait, i forgot they told me sliders don't work on that body

161006062804992974.jpg

messing with morphs without editing the weights, it's no good

my npc still have unp because i don't want to see that

161006062752323268.jpg

original is more like that

161006062817997648.jpg

don't need bodyslide to edit it

161006062800811623.jpg

blender and 3dmax have much more options if some care about that

161006062717388574.jpg

there's fair skin mature and most of the rest for unp and cbbe... so the textures blabla...

v4 textures converted to the old skyrim uv map, look much better on v4 anyway

161006062645790044.jpg

it isn't that hard to put the real one in skyrim

161006062659298427.jpg

the hands that's because don't know how to make msn

outfits don't match that v4 morphs

161006062655345920.jpg

here's vienna

product_image_full_181850.jpg

and what it become on skyrim head

161006062730566663.jpg

there's much better than v4 now, but this will have to wait for the next tes, probably

My answer- Initially, I went off of the pictures found in Nexus. The CBBE bodies shown all had giant, bouncing boobs the size of watermelons. UNP were the only ones with natural sized breasts. This was when I was also looking for a simple, 1-click install and wasn't looking for sex mods. I just wanted something better looking than the horrible vanilla underwear.  

Now, I use UNP still because I don't know what I'm doing and I want to use the All-in-one HTD Pussy, which seems most compatible with UNP from what I can tell. I'd like the best stuff, but I also don't like to break my game and I can openly admit that I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm not trolling the UNP crowd, either- I honestly never heard that CBBE was superior to UNP prior to coming here.

I use UNP on occasion still, and it's all for the easy access to great clothes and armor I really like. I just can't be arsed to convert it to CBBE myself. I'm sure many those conversions already exist somewhere out in the wild, but hidden because apparently certain mod authors don't want them out there, and actively seek to purge them.

Currently on CBBE though, for the versatility of bodyslide. Widely varying custom bodies yay!

First, I have a bit of a 'massive' problem with CBBE. I do use UUNP now for most followers as well as the stock body replacer, primarily due to Bodyslide. But I still think the simplicity and look of UNP is a bit better. Not sure why that's so. I switched for the working lady bits, but they don't really work at all in-game and I'm too lazy to switch back (I use manual install methods).

I'm not so sure about the UUNP conversions though. I am using two of the conversions done by gamefever, but I sense the quality is variable. I primarily use the CT77 conversions and TrX, and I mix and match outfits from both collections for all PC and NPC, as well as followers and NPC replacers that use the stock body OR armor system, or both.

For followers who have their own custom armor, I tend to stick with what is included in the mod though (and I use UNP-based followers ONLY) on occasion. I will switch them over to the stock body and have them use stock armor. Sometimes I will also give them a custom body that suits them, but then this has to be UUNP-based otherwise I get hand seams when they equip the armor.

It's not perfect, Serana's cloak for example doesn't move correctly when built, most of the TrX armors can only be manually converted because they're missing the preset files - and some clothes crash the game quite badly, and the HDT looks off on almost all conversions- but that is due to the conversions, not the tool. Overall, I'd say that I will eventually ditch Bodyslide and go back to the default UNP shape. Once my game is modded beyond the point of being usable, that is.

UNP is a more aesthetic mesh, while bodyslide in theory is good the mesh just isn't as good and creates more confusion and less mod-standard (Just look at the state of Fo4 modding, it's a complete mess).

I'd prefer more body mods instead of one mod to control all the shapes honestly, because one mesh cannot be everything, it ends up looking bad.

UNP is a more aesthetic mesh, while bodyslide in theory is good the mesh just isn't as good and creates more confusion and less mod-standard (Just look at the state of Fo4 modding, it's a complete mess).

I'd prefer more body mods instead of one mod to control all the shapes honestly, because one mesh cannot be everything, it ends up looking bad.

FO4 modding is a mess?

It has the best body modding there's ever been, pretty much everything has CBBE and BodySlide support because they were both there from the start, and I'm pretty proud of that.

EDIT: If you can't create the body you like with the FO4 CBBE, then that's unfortunate. But it's still a positive thing that everything can be customized to begin with, which is what makes 99,9% of the users happy already. If you're not one of them, that is your choice for individualization and not BodySlide's fault.

EDIT 2: Found another way to describe it.

BodySlide doesn't create less of a standard, it creates a larger one because more people are happy with its sliders than a fixed body shape you MUST use.

for me im a noob modder and even after looking at a few tutorials I still couldn't use it properly. my main problem is that i have to grab a certain file and move it somewhere else, then grab another file and move it to a certain folder go into it, press this, click that. having to do all that just to have an outfit that has little difference from the original body of unp or cbbe. to me its just a waste of my time, i install multiple mods on my skyrim and my loadout order changes constantly, skyrim crashes, accidentally used mods that conflict n corrupt save. most armours are in cbbe or unp and little in others and since you can only use one (well there is a mod that allows you to change body type ingame but its limited) another reason why it changes so much is that i like on LL or nexus and a new mod i like appears and want it but might conflict, etc. so i normally have to re-make my loadout which requires a new save. well almost all mods dont conflict with body but sometimes i feel like use cbbe armours and other times i feel like unp armours

and so when i'm looking for armours/clothing i normally look for unp/cbbe ones since there are many to choose from

i used the all in-one uunp body which is awesome but the fact that my body changes shape when equipping/equipping is quite un-immersive since not many armours for it(mostly coz of ppl that create armours/clothing mods don't like to make a new version of their mods on a body that they dont like or use) and so i normally just use unp as a quick fix for it

Eh, probably because people don't want to be bothered when they already have something that they think is already good enough.

I personally used the All-In-One mod with collisions and chose CBBE Curvy w/ skin complexion. I then went into Bodyslide and spent something like 5-10 minutes to change the sliders for min and max weight, changed the breasts shape how I wanted (Didn't bother changing the size because you can change it in-game), making dat ass look really unf-y and then applied the SliderSet to all the bodyslide outfits and the body.

It's not really complicated, you just have to not be lazy, but I can respect those who don't bother.

One major reason I still use 7B0 instead of bodyslide is because I'm on the same install as ages ago. The last "clean" install I did was back in 2013 or so... whenever 1.7ish was around. I found I could "upgrade" my 7B body to 7BO, no problem. But attempts to convert my existing install over to bodyslide failed very badly. Installing just bodyslide and new bodies worked fine, but when I started trying to add UUNP armors, and delete out my old armors, that's when the CTDs came, and I couldn't straighten it out.

I made backups before, so it was recoverable, but I didn't want to do a clean install. 

Also, though I may be the only person who does this... I actually like having things like UNPBO, 7BB, DemonFet, and UNPTM armors all in the same inventory. Throw a different armor on, BAM! Different body. It's like a trip to showracemenu resizing, while being completely lazy. Some armors have horrible clipping, but some of them look fine to me, though I'm not OCD at all.

Because bodyslide preview + outfit studio don't work on my laptop (missing opengl shader feature or something) 6 year old laptop with mobility radeon hd 5470 512 mb version...

Your drivers are outdated or you're not running the program with the dedicated GPU.

ummm already used the latest crimson driver.... still error (missing one or more shader function bodyslide will now close......)

ummm already used the latest crimson driver.... still error (missing one or more shader function bodyslide will now close......)

Your GPU supports OpenGL 4.4 according to Wikipedia, so it should work fine. I don't know then, sorry. Does your PC maybe have multiple GPUs and you're running with an integrated one by default? You could send me your Log.txt in a PM (this is the wrong thread).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't use Body Slide at all.

I make mods which add multiple races to the game, one for each body type.

Including separate for the 0% or *_0 body and another for the 100% or *_1 body for each body type.

Then I created slotted armor, with a standardized indexing system between all of the races.

In my standard gears slots, for say, the typical Nordic Steel Armor, for each race, there is ONLY the one *.Nif file, or the *_0 body.

All NPCs created for this are set to have 0% weight.

In this way, the system never attempts to interpolate between the different bodies for weight, and I get to edit the meshes independently with allot less complication and work in creating new, custom outfits and gear.

The Weight Morph is superflous when you've got separate races for 0% and 100% for UNP, UNPB, UNPSkinny, UNPPetite, CBBE, CBBE Curvy, SevenBase, ADEC, RBBB, and Hawk Bodies.

I've got 20 separate Races for just variance in female bodies.  There are 9 Male bodies.

And I know what I'm getting by just selecting the Race.

And I have to place the nif, texture, and scripts for half as many pieces of gear.

The system I use has scripts to change the outfit worn by time of day and activity for each NPC, so they are constantly seen in new outfits, making much more in the way of gear variety actually SEEN in game.

The Slots include:

Prisoner, Sleeping, Bathing, Sex Appeal, Court, Tradesman, Holiday, Inn, Dirty Work, Guard Duty, Hunting, Winter Cold, Heavy Combat, Theivery, Mourning, Ritual, Bondage, High Magics, Forging, and Weddings.

• 3 years later...

Hmm, when I first started modding my game two or three years ago, bodyslide was the first of many of my mods. I like how people will often say that because their new to modding, they don't know what to do, I like reading those comments purely because their openly admitting that they don't read the instructions modders provide. I just think its funny lol. I know this is a very old post but I like reading old posts personally.