Why do people keep using UNP when we have CBBE/UUNP Bodyslide?

It's something that bothers me a lot. When choosing CBBE/UUNP you can create your very own body, yet there are lots of people who stick to UNP when it doesn't have any customization options at all (aside from textures and normals, which bodyslide has too).

Can someone give me a reason of why?

It's something that bothers me a lot. When choosing CBBE/UUNP you can create your very own body, yet there are lots of people who stick to UNP when it doesn't have any customization options at all (aside from textures and normals, which bodyslide has too).

For many people is bodyslide too "complicated" and the UNP standard body looks already pretty nice.

For many people is bodyslide too "complicated" and the UNP standard body looks already pretty nice.

Complicated? The first time I started modding Skyrim I used CBBE Bodyslide and it wasn't complicated at all 

I think it's only possible to create meshes with 0 or 100% weight of a specific body with bodyslide, not the values between them.

If you want eg a pure unp body with 25% weight and you'll set it to 25% unp 0 in RM, then you've got a body mixture of 50% unp 0 and 50% of the ugly uunp starting shape which looks like cbbe.

And mods like Pumping Iron don't work with ingame bodyslide, you simply don't see the body changing.

Because people dont like change perhaps.

Probably that. People keep a lot of things around "because it has always been done that way!!!!". It's why changing things for the better is always a generational effort in our world.

There is otherwise no good reason not to use Bodyslide. It's not complicated either, unless you consider clicking a "Build All" button complicated.

As a follower author the straight out of the box body types are easier to work with. Especially when making multiple body type options. I use UUNP in my personal game therefore it's nice not to have doubles of everything installed when I can just get the files I need right from a .rar file.

I use UNP so other people lose sleep over it when they find out that I use UNP.

It's not about it being complicated or better or worse or not.

UNP is a one-click install.

BodySlide is a two-click install and batch building your outfits.

It's not hard, but not everyone needs the customization enough to even bother looking IF it's hard.

In FO4, way more people use BodySlide because it was released before everything else in combination with CBBE.

Probably that. People keep a lot of things around "because it has always been done that way!!!!". It's why changing things for the better is always a generational effort in our world.

There is otherwise no good reason not to use Bodyslide. It's not complicated either, unless you consider clicking a "Build All" button complicated.

When I click "build all" my game crash, so it is not complicate to click but no Skyrim configuration is the same an well, Skyrim is Skyrim. If it works don't break it.

This.

I really hate change. But when I reinstalled Skyrim again after so many years and saw the CBBE body PLUS the HDT physics I can use with it, I instantly downloaded and loved it. I love that my beautiful character has bouncies in her skimpy Bodyslide armor and clothes and that all the ladies of Skyrim have bouncies as well. I consider myself to be a n00b modder and did not find Bodyslide to be complicated in anyway.

But to each their own.

It's not that bodyslide is that complicated in general, but many things i tried didn't work (as i expected), the video-tutorials are pretty old and i can't find the button or something like that. Some of my latest tries actually DID work and i'm happy with that, but i still can't get some things to work and have no clue why.

As a player, I like the UNP model.  It's an impressive set of 6k vertices. I gave the major options a hard look and chose the clear winner for me.  I could either just download the body, or I could go hunting for the 1000 clothing mods I have for UNP and convert them all to, well, almost the same shape.  I waste too much time modding and not playing as is, thank you.  I don't find Bodyslide difficult anymore, but I don't care very much about bodies in the first place to give it two thoughts.

As a mod author, even one as relatively simple as mine, I appreciate Bodyslide greatly as a kind of mesh-conversion side-arm.  it was necessary for me to even port my mod over to FO4 as well as the Skyrim bodies that so many use.  I still don't use it when I actually play the game.      

Your opinion of a another body you're not even using in a single player game is kind of completely irrelevant.

"Those gay people having the gay sex in their own homes really bothers me" is the type of thing that someone whom needs counseling says.

Also, Bodyslide bodies, especially the UUNP flavor, have lots of mesh issues. and CBBE bodies outside of COS aren't anatomically correct, and for whatever reason SCIV set COS's HDT scheme different from the rest of the entire Skyrim modding standard because apparently no one plays this game not on a potato laptop made from balsa wood and a rc car.

It's a singleplayer game. Whatever other people choose to use is their business.

A couple of years ago I discovered that the UNPB body has tons of great-looking armor and clothing.  So I gave up 7BB for UNPB, and I don't regret it.  I've  successfully navigated the Oriental Websites and now have some truly fabulous outfits.

When the UUNP body / Bodyslide idea come along I did try it.  I enjoy experimenting with the latest gizmos.  But, I found it confusing.  None of my conversions worked.  None of the guides I found at the time explained things well enough for me to get the  hang of the procedure.

Here's the real reason why I didn't dig into this more and figure it out: Having to convert my extensive wardrobe to a not-so-different body style wasn't worth the effort.

So.., I'm sticking with UNPB.  I love the proportions, especially at Weight 100.  ;-)

It's something that bothers me a lot. 

-Sits back in chair- 

Can you tell me WHY it bothers you?

Edit: You gave a reason why bodyslide should be used, not why it bothers you when others do not use it.

I have to agree with GimmeBACON.. 

Some people like the look of the UNP body vs. CBBE or UNPB (or any other variant) and it's not always about being complicated.

It's their game and what they use is their choice.