Anyone get the OBSE Sex Change Command to work???

LongDukDong

Rummaging through the OBSE section of the Elder Scrolls Constuction Wiki, I came across this:

Con SexChange

A command for Oblivion Script Extender

Syntax:

actorRef.con_SexChange

Must be called on a reference. Changes male NPCs to female and vice versa. Quite bizarre.

Examples
player.con_SexChange

Changes the player's gender.

• Due to limitations of the Wiki software, the title of this article, and links to it, cannot display it correctly - there is an underscore (_) in the function's name.
  • This function is identical to the SexChange Console Function, and should behave as if you had called that function from the console.
  • This function was not designed to be run from scripts, and so may not work as expected.
  • Testing has shown this function to crash the game fairly often, even when called from the console.

So my questions are:1)  Has anyone gotten this to work?,  and2)  If it doesn't work, why the hell did they bother to add it?

111KB in size, and this OBSE Engine fix takes care of the doubleface bug too?  Gonna have to look into it.

Still, imagine a skill where you can blast some annoying guy with a spell like this.  Hostile effect and he cou... SHE could scream "Aaaah!  My Balls are gone!!!!!"

JUST to let you know....

Making a mod so you can throw a 'gender/bender' spell WORKS!    A few lines in a quest mod to give the player two spells,   A couple lines for a Magic Effect script to send the target data into an OBJECT script.   And an object script that takes the target and fixes him/her up REAL good!

Still, you have to have a small delay after the con_sexchange command before you use the 3D update command on the target.  If you don't use 3D update, his/her model won't change.  But you do have to have a very tiny delay (like setting a stupid 'it works' return value flag) between the two so the target is ready to be visually different.

It doesn't work on creatures though, so I ran a GetIsCreature method to handle that.  Not that I'm not trying to work on a Tamago Creatures mod of my own.  So who knows?

And... the faces don't change.  Throw the effect on a very butch guy, and only the bod and voice changes (or adds a womb if not already encountered/spoken)   Turns into a very masculine butch gal.   And vica versa  of course.

Anyone happen to know a 3D mod changer for the faces?  :D

Archived