Playing with Outfit Studio

Karna5

ok i got that down, but i probably did it wrong somewhere or everywhere because it is not showing up in game haha.

post-25088-0-97129400-1474625983_thumb.png

I originally wanted to add the severed arm to another armour because that armour gives insane defense, but now i know we could edit armour rating with Fo4E, so im just going to do the latter instead.

Really wish i had learn this tho, but this is clearly beyond a idiot like me, im going to need some intense picture guide with bright colours to pull this off. haha

Thanks for all your helps man. Really appreciated.

ok i got that down, but i probably did it wrong somewhere or everywhere because it is not showing up in game haha.

attachicon.gif11.png

I originally wanted to add the severed arm to another armour because that armour gives insane defense, but now i know we could edit armour rating with Fo4E, so im just going to do the latter instead.

Really wish i had learn this tho, but this is clearly beyond a idiot like me, im going to need some intense picture guide with bright colours to pull this off. haha

Thanks for all your helps man. Really appreciated.

Hi, Youngfool. You're reallllly close. I suspect one more change will finish it for you.

Looking at your picture it doesn't look like the constructable object is the armor piece. Assuming your ESP is active, you should also make sure the created object is the armor piece and not a component.

Edit for clarity: By armor piece I man actual armor and not armor addon.

You were right, i manage find the item in the workbench after a small tweak, however nothing shows up when i put on the armour, i think i didnt link my armour correctly with the esp. here are some pictures and my last attempt at this, all this bothering of you is making me feel bad.

file head

post-25088-0-40906900-1474629192_thumb.png

Armor addon

post-25088-0-24492000-1474629145_thumb.png

armor

post-25088-0-47802400-1474629207_thumb.png

bodyslider file location (maybe the name is problematic because it got space in it)

This is also the part that confuses me the most. im not sure how to link the nif armour with the ESP, the armour i created is in the body slider folder not in fallout 4 data meshes.

post-25088-0-23839900-1474629246_thumb.png

Thanks again.

You were right, i manage find the item in the workbench after a small tweak, however nothing shows up when i put on the armour, i think i didnt link my armour correctly with the esp. here are some pictures and my last attempt at this, all this bothering of you is making me feel bad.

file head

attachicon.giffile head.png

Armor addon

attachicon.gifarmor addon.png

armor

attachicon.gifarmor.png

bodyslider file location (maybe the name is problematic because it got space in it, and i think this part is what confuses me the most. That if we link this nif from the body slider folder to the ESP, the ESP is a standalone armour is it?)

attachicon.gifslave no arm.png

Thanks again.

Hi, Youngfool. No bother at all :) I'm just listening to Game of Thrones audio book and typing while I listen.

I think the problem is the NIF reference doesn't have the path. If you download my sample ESP from earlier in this thread you may see an example of using the whole path. Or you could look at any other mod esp :)

EDIT: Here's sample armor addon picture.

post-329647-0-68524000-1474630149_thumb.jpg

...the armour i created is in the body slider folder not in fallout 4 data meshes....

Hi, Youngfool. I just noticed this comment. There might be a problem with where you have your outfit studio put the output NIF when you build the outfit in bodyslide. Here's an example of settings I use for one of my outfits. You'll see how I control the location of the output.

post-329647-0-48178400-1474630589_thumb.jpg

...the armour i created is in the body slider folder not in fallout 4 data meshes....

Hi, Youngfool. I just noticed this comment. There might be a problem with where you have your outfit studio put the output NIF when you build the outfit in bodyslide. Here's an example of settings I use for one of my outfits. You'll see how I control the location of the output.

attachicon.gifProject.jpg

Yeah, thank u, i was having problems with that

I think ive tried everything. I added new file patch [meshes\Armor\Charred\Charred.nif] to both male and female world model for armor addon and armor. The Charred.nif shows up in bodyslider, i could even play around with the settings. But it just refuse to show up in game.

=/

I think ive tried everything. I added new file patch [meshes\Armor\Charred\Charred.nif] to both male and female world model for armor addon and armor. The Charred.nif shows up in bodyslider, i could even play around with the settings. But it just refuse to show up in game.

=/

*Smiles* Hehe, take a break. Don't burn out :)

I had that problem for a long time when I was trying to figure out like what you're doing.

It ended up being a sensitive combination of slot types, textures, NIF locations and a bunch of stuff. But you're too close to it right now, too stuck. Take a break, as you suggest, and in a day or three come back and proof read. And consider also looking at my sample ESP, but not now. Wait. When I was stuck I couldn't find the answer until I took a break of several days, and then it ended up being something simple I was missing in my ESP :)

Hi ph4ntom5,

it seems you are a lill deeper then i am into the Bodyslide stuff^^

Thanks for this nice help thread.

I have a question - realy basic - cause i am still struggling with Bodyslide and outfit studio^^

In the moment i play arround with the piercings for my player character.

So the question is - is it possible in outfit Studio to combine meshes into one mesh?

Reason is - i want to wear a lots of piercings - in the moment i can wear only one - cause its bound to one slot of the Character.

And if i can combine all the piercings i want - how can i do that?

Thanks for your help.

Ava

Hi, Ava. Not only is it possible to combine multiple meshes into one NIF, if you want to use body physics you really need to in order to avoid clipping.

I just posted a thread with what  was required to make Zenna outfits have physics, and the principle is the same for piercings and jewelry. All the stuff needs to be in one NIF, and it needs to have the body reference in the NIF, and the ESP needs to use slot 33. With any of that missing you will get clipping in-game if you're using physics.

Oh man - this opens endless combinations^^ - need to try it.

Many thanks for your fast and very kind answer :-)

Wish you a nice weekend - and if i sruggle again - i will let you know - hihi :D

Ava

PS - have a question^^

If i make a new  project - i can only select one .nif file...

How can i use several and combine them?

PS - have a question^^

Hi, Ava.

You can use the "Nif Import" option, or you can use windows to drag NIFs into your project.

The NIFs you import won't have bone weights and won't conform to your reference sliders yet, though. So when you bring in new NIFs you need to conform them (I use conform all), and you need to copy the bone weights into the new pieces.

Please note, though, if you use breast physics, I find that you can't have the hand/glove NIFs be part of the body NIF. They need to be separate pieces because the hands will be missing the bone weights if you try that (I tried that and hence figured out the problem).

I like to make the initial part of the project the piece with the body and physics I want. It's easier that way to have the bone weights and physics I want.

PS - have a question^^

Hi, Ava.

You can use the "Nif Import" option, or you can use windows to drag NIFs into your project.

The NIFs you import won't have bone weights and won't conform to your reference sliders yet, though. So when you bring in new NIFs you need to conform them (I use conform all), and you need to copy the bone weights into the new pieces.

Please note, though, if you use breast physics, I find that you can't have the hand/glove NIFs be part of the body NIF. They need to be separate pieces because the hands will be missing the bone weights if you try that (I tried that and hence figured out the problem).

I like to make the initial part of the project the piece with the body and physics I want. It's easier that way to have the bone weights and physics I want.

Ah ok... thats how it works - slowly i digg deeper into Bodyslide...

Thanks for this fast help.

Another question... Hmm...

Today i get a windows update - now if i open bodyslide i get the message that the gamepath can not be found....

If i set the path to my gamedirectory - i see no skins on my models - cause in the gamepath there are none stored - thats how Mod Organizer works....

I am using Mod Organizer - so this handels all a lill different - cause of all the "virtual" path" it uses.

Do you know how to setup the Bodyslide Path to let it work again?

I have the problem since now^^

Thanks for help

Ava

PS - have a question^^

Hi, Ava.

Ah ok... thats how it works - slowly i digg deeper into Bodyslide...

Thanks for this fast help.

Another question... Hmm...

Today i get a windows update - now if i open bodyslide i get the message that the gamepath can not be found....

If i set the path to my gamedirectory - i see no skins on my models - cause in the gamepath there are none stored - thats how Mod Organizer works....

I am using Mod Organizer - so this handels all a lill different - cause of all the "virtual" path" it uses.

Do you know how to setup the Bodyslide Path to let it work again?

I have the problem since now^^

Thanks for help

Ava

Sorry I don't know anything about that, Ava. I start up bodyslide directly from the bodyslide directory (I create a shortcut with windows to my desktop). I've never called it up from a GUI.

OK - thanks for your answer - i will try to find it out.

Just a small hint - MO is fantastic - tricky to setup - but after this - so much better then any tool out there to test and setup and modify mods :-)

Ava

I suggest using BodySlide with MO, but using Outfit Studio (for modding) with a manual installation outside of MO.

It's cleaner to do modding when your mod files aren't your game files.

Then you can zip up your finished BodySlide projects and put them into MO as a mod to test.

Also, MO2 (for Fallout 4) is still really (REALLY) unstable, especially when working with BodySlide and Outfit Studio.

You will have to put all BodySlide related mods into the same mod folder in MO for everything to work properly (and more).

OK - thanks for your answer - i will try to find it out.

Just a small hint - MO is fantastic - tricky to setup - but after this - so much better then any tool out there to test and setup and modify mods :-)

Ava

I suggest using BodySlide with MO, but using Outfit Studio (for modding) with a manual installation outside of MO.

It's cleaner to do modding when your mod files aren't your game files.

Then you can zip up your finished BodySlide projects and put them into MO as a mod to test.

Also, MO2 (for Fallout 4) is still really (REALLY) unstable, especially when working with BodySlide and Outfit Studio.

You will have to put all BodySlide related mods into the same mod folder in MO for everything to work properly (and more).

Hi Cell,

thanks for your answer.

Its a good way to setup a kind of "modding file system" - i will do this as you suggested.

In the meantime i get my Bodyslide working - it needs to setup to the gamefilepath INCLUDING the data directory :-)

Nice weekend

Ava

Ok, first, good new, it worked, i picked a armour with a CBBE body and work like a charm.

however, now im having problems with hands.

i followed your instruction, made a missinghand.nif (zap, confirm and everything). Got the hand showing in bodyslider, and save it into playercharacterassets folder.

opened up FO4E, created a new armor addon for hand. linked male hand to femalehand.nif and female to the missinghand.nif and link this to the armour model.

but somehow my missinhand.nif armor addon has 0 data size. the data size only increase when i add default hand.nif. thus it doesnt work in game. =[

Cheers.

post-25088-0-27981000-1474789351_thumb.jpg

Edit: also, can we edit piercings with no CBBE body? my character only got 1 eye and i wish to delete some part the piercings/earrings. Cheers.

Edit 2: oh and can we also edit CBBE nake body to have 1 arm too with bodystudio?

cheers

Low priority here, but in third person, my main character only has her right arm, but in first person, none of the hands are showing. It doesn't bother me too much, but in anyone has a quick solution, if there a way to show only one hand? I'm using Ph4ntom5's Guille-mod, the fourth variant, that I've modded to show an unzipped vault-suit in third person, and the Charred suit's glove to get around that none of the hands were there.

Ok, first, good new, it worked, i picked a armour with a CBBE body and work like a charm.

however, now im having problems with hands.

i followed your instruction, made a missinghand.nif (zap, confirm and everything). Got the hand showing in bodyslider, and save it into playercharacterassets folder.

opened up FO4E, created a new armor addon for hand. linked male hand to femalehand.nif and female to the missinghand.nif and link this to the armour model.

but somehow my missinhand.nif armor addon has 0 data size. the data size only increase when i add default hand.nif. thus it doesnt work in game. =[

Cheers.

attachicon.gif20160925173857_1.jpg

Edit: also, can we edit piercings with no CBBE body? my character only got 1 eye and i wish to delete some part the piercings/earrings. Cheers.

Edit 2: oh and can we also edit CBBE nake body to have 1 arm too with bodystudio?

cheers

Hi, Youngfool. Congratulations!

As for the male hand, actually I don't touch the male NIFs on my outfits. I just make sure they have something safe and vanilla (even vault suit if there's nothing already). If it already has a hands NIF I just leave it.

If your missinghand.nif is zero size, that sounds like all the meshes are zapped from it. I've got an example of an outfit studio bodyslide project for a hand zap in my example ESP. You could compare the bodyslide behavior of mine with yours perhaps?

On the piercings question, there's an easy way and a project way. A lot of times if there are accessories I don't want to keep I make a backup of the NIF and use "Remove Branch" on the piece in NifSkope.  Alternatively I think you could do like you did with the hands and make zap sliders on the head accessories, but I never tried that. I just use NifSkope for that kind of stuff :)

On the CBBE naked body with one arm, yes, once you make a CBBE body with the zap sliders you can re-use that project to make other variations. I made one and then made additional variations without clothes, with boots and gstring, with overalls, with charred vault suit, etc. Basically you make something more or less how you like it and then use that project as a starting point for variations. But for this you should be using zap sliders and not actually cutting down the real CBBE body NIF.

Hi all,

thanks for the help here - i digg deeper into Outfit Studio.

I try to equip weapons - holstered weapons - to my Player Character...

But it will not be shown ingame.

Are Weapons "special" meshes?

And if so - how can i convert them to make them just "wearable" like armor?

Thanks for help

Ava

thanks again man haha. Btw, i notice we could just zap the unique body arm and overwrite the old nif with the zapped armed nif, if so, couldnt we over write the original nif with the zapped nif for any custom armour?

attachicon.gif20160930130723_1.jpgattachicon.gif20160930130733_1.jpg

attachicon.gif20160930125842_1.jpgattachicon.gif20160930125829_1.jpg

attachicon.gif20160930125656_1.jpgattachicon.gif20160930125653_1.jpg

If I understand your question, Youngfool, then yes, you can re-use your work on one project with another project. I do that a lot. After I make something I like, sometimes I start with the edited project as the template and bring in the new outfit stuff into it rather than the other way around. An advantage of that is if I have bone weights and sliders that fit on the first project, it's often easier to start with the already-tweaked project.

For instance, when I was adding physics to Zenna outfits, I often started with an already converted Zenna outfit that worked well and used it to convert some of the next outfits.

[side note  to Ava: I'm sorry I don't have any experience with weapon mods and don't know the answer. Maybe/hopefully somebody else will see your question and answer.]

Archived