As per the requirements, I have the following installed already:

SKSE

FNIS

SkyUI

FNIS Creature Pack

XP32 Extended

LOOT

Unofficial Patches

Also to note, I just recently started playing (again) so all the required mods are the newest version available. 

The animations for the actors are all working, but the character/player would just stand there while the animations play out. The file for the Papyrus log was quite long so I picked out the most interesting ones, or at least I thought were causing trouble.

[09/17/2016 - 07:10:56PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - AnimationStart
[09/17/2016 - 07:10:56PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 2, got 4. 

Line 1325
[Active effect 1 on  (00000014)].XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.OnObjectUnequipped() - "XPMSEWeaponStyleScaleEffect.psc" Line ?
[09/17/2016 - 07:11:03PM] Error:  (00000014): cannot fetch variable named FNISaa_sprint of type int, returning 0.
 (this repeats for about 10+ lines)

and that is about everything that stands out (after the ssl part). Is there anything else I should be looking for that you guys will need to help me?

In addition, I think this goes into Devious Expansion area but since I am here and typing this out, the arm binder seems to be bugged. The bondage clothing especially the boots and gloves don't fit the CBBE model that well, I had to some of it in Outfit Studio but somehow the files got bugged again and were clipping way into the legs and arms.

I wish to have a better look to what is around this line:

[09/17/2016 - 07:10:56PM] Error: Incorrect number of arguments passed. Expected 2, got 4. 

I cannot be sure that is SexLab (I don't think so.)

If you can post as attachment the full Papyrus.log I will give it a look.

About DD, yes, many people are reporting problems with arm binder animation.

Zaz is quite stable and fairly good. Not a problem using it.

btw, just a note: you'll be happy to know that the mod community has created a combined unofficial patch. it's called USLEEP

strange that PC doesn't animate but other actors do...what scenario is it [(non)consentual] and are the actors NPCs or creatures? (i assume humanoids based on your short mod list)

what are you using to cause animations? the sexlab spells?

I am not sure what USLEEP is but I will check it out.

It is a noncon scene with a Draugur in Bleak Falls Barrow (trying to play a new game with the Devious Assets and such, quite a challenge). Since the Draugur is considered a creature so sure. But I have tried it in another clean save with humanoids (specifically Bandits and Stormcloaks) and I still get the same thing. Actors animate but player stands in place with no animations. 

My mod list is quite long (around 70+ but in terms of modded animations, only zaz, sexlab, FNIS walking animations, and creature), I have ran TESEdit and all the master files are clean. 

As for causing animations, I am not sure. They just happen, but I would guess Sexlab since the Papyrus log shows:

1. [09/17/2016 - 07:10:38PM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - AnimationStarting

EDIT: I searched USLEEP, sounds great but I couldn't find info on the page to know if I also need the other Unofficial Patches (skyrim, hearthfire, etc.)... Let me know the load order as well of the patches and stuff too! :D

aside: USLEEP replaces the other unofficials. you can either uninstall them, or if you use MO you can simply disable them.

noncon scenes "just happen"? ahhh...i assume you're running Defeat?

okay, cool. both creature and npc. okay.

master files cleaned? yeah, i think all n00b modders get that right...probably some initiation rite.

can you attach your full FNIS output (the inwindow report; you can copy/paste it) please?

while googling this problem, and reading old confusing threads, i think some* people are having problems getting sexlab to properly install via mod managers. can you locate "FNIS_SexLab_Behavior.hkx"?

--------

*- "some" = alot of the folks having problems AND bothering to post on support forums AND being semi-coherent about it

FNIS Behavior V6.3   9/19/2016 10:20:28 AM

Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 

Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 

Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow" 

Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...

Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...

Reading FNISSexyMove V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...

Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

Reading SexLab V1.62 ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...

Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.1  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...

No GENDER directory male

1 GENDER modifications for Animations\female

mt_behavior usage: 23.2 %   ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 chair, 6 alternate animations)

0_master usage: 6.2 %   ( 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 alternate animations)

Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 1 total groups: 9 added file slots: 18 alternate files: 18

Create Creature Behaviors ...

Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

2186 animations for 7 mods successfully included (character)

322 animations for 1 mods and 18 creatures successfully included.

I put the hkx files in the Data folders.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\Meshes\actors\character\behaviors

Yeah. I have the bow animation mod installed. 

The default is 99 bones, it is hard to imagine how to incorrectly install xpmse through MO. HDT should be 115 according to the main download page. Are you using an older version of it that works? I have the newest one downloaded (v3.9).

Edit: I am using the extended skeleton. I will try to use the other one and see if that will solve the problem.

Edit 2: since I am using HDT mods, I probably wont do the above. Instead I just directly removed the vanilla .hkx files from Data directory and replaced them with the ones from the xpmse zip file. What's interesting is that FNIS .... FNIS is the program that is generating the vanilla .hkx files and putting them into the data directory. So now I have 2 files in that directory the FNIS default skeleton and the HDT skeleton in the directory. 

Any thoughts?

Update 1: Read somewhere that I may have installed FNIS in the wrong location. Before, I did a manual install and now I redid the install through MO. The list of mods is more, so I guess that is more correct? But now I have this problem of CTD and the 99 bones is still present. Here is the new FNIS log.

FNIS Behavior V6.3   9/19/2016 7:16:18 PM
Skyrim: 1.9.32.0 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (Steam)

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations" 
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix" 
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow" 

Reading DD V3.0.beta1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 181 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISBase V6.3 ...
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...
Reading FNISSexyMove V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 18 alternate animations) ...
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 9 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...
Reading SexLabAroused V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...
Reading XPMSE V6.1  ( 0 furniture, 0 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 164 alternate animations) ...
Reading ZaZAnimationPack V6.1  ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 paired, 0 kill, 0 chair, 0 alternate animations) ...

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files ...
No GENDER directory male
 2 GENDER modifications for Animations\female
mt_behavior usage: 27.4 %   ( 26 furniture, 29 offset, 0 chair, 99 alternate animations)
0_master usage: 9.3 %   ( 9 paired, 0 kill, 132 alternate animations)
Alternate Animation mods: 3 sets: 31 total groups: 67 added file slots: 394 alternate files: 363

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading MNC V?.? ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

2912 animations for 11 mods successfully included (character)
 954 animations for 2 mods and 37 creatures successfully included.

I may just uninstall the whole skyrim directory and just start fresh again if nothing else works. In addition, running FNIS from MO also gave me this 
error message:

DEBUG (19:16:53.0192): remove mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE
INFO (19:16:53.0192): deleting C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE
DEBUG (19:16:53.0193): using path from previous deletion: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE
DEBUG (19:16:53.0193): remove mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt

ERROR (19:16:53.0193): not a mod directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE
DEBUG (19:16:53.0329): move (ex) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.SAVE - 1 (183)
DEBUG (19:16:53.0331): using path from previous deletion: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Final\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt
DEBUG (19:16:53.0332): remove mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile2.txt
DEBUG (19:16:53.0332): add mod file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\FNIS Final\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt (meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt)
DEBUG (19:16:53.0332): move (ex) C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile2.txt to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\animationsetdatasinglefile.txt - 1 (183)

oh. okay. manual install. thanks.

btw, right away 99 bones means you didn't install XPMSE correctly.

xp32's running with bow checkbox should ONLY be checked if you have installed that specific mod

Okay making a new post since the one before this is getting ridiculously long.

I did a full reinstall for FNIS and ran the program via MO (instead of running as Admin on desktop), all the animations for the humanoids are now playing so that is fixed. Now as the above quote states, the 99 bones issue is still present.

The animations work but the skeleton is still the default 99 bones, not the HDT 115 bones. Will post an update when I get it figured out, so I count this as half-solved. My new question is does the skeleton make that much of a difference?

Edit: also to note, I just went inside the data directory and just deleted the .save file, which got rid of the error message I am getting from MO.

UPDATE FINAL!!!

I moved the xpmse plugin to the bottom of the list! (the right side of MO) Now it shows 115 bones. 

Archived