Body Slide to BodyGen Converter

View File

This is a program to convert Body Slide (xml) files to BodyGen strings (that go in the templates.ini file from the RaceMenu)

What Can This Do For Me?
Potentially, you can use this to randomize body types in your Skyrim. (Sadly, this is only for female bodies.) You can also randomize bodies based on race.

However, the process is difficult. You should spend some time reading the posts on the following thread, and experiment quite a bit.
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/53531-unofficial-bodygen-docs/

Requirements
The program itself does not require anything to run. But to make it meaningful, you need the following (popular) mods from Nexus:

SKSE
RaceMenu
CBBE BodySlide

I strongly suggest giving this a try only if you already have all of these installed.

Personal Requirements
Being comfortable editing text (specifically ini) files
Being comfortable reading instructions and discussions on forums
Time
Patience

Instructions
Download, and give the file a virus check, because you never know
Unzip, and you will have one exe file.
Run the exe file from your Skyrim directory (where you TESV.exe and skse.exe live)
If you know how to use the BodyGen morphs.ini and templates.ini file, then you know what to do next. See the unofficial BodyGen thread if you don't. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/53531-unofficial-bodygen-docs/

More (Out-of-date Instructions and the Code)
See this thread:
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/66322-bodyslide-to-bodygen-conversion-cbbe/?p=1680836

Future
I have the ability to change this into a full-fledged body randomizer. But will I do it? It depends on the level of enthusiasm and demand.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/17/2016
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, RaceMenu, BodySlide
  • Special Edition Compatible

Looks awesome! Somehow, the original files didn't work for a lot of people, including me, and the author gave up about all those people because they just didn't know what to do, it worked for some, but not for others.

I'd like to request this program with UUNP (Bodyslide) compatibility because a lot of people use that one instead of CBBE Bodyslide. The original thread also contained UUNP instructions, I guess that could help you. Thanks in advance.  :)

Actually, there is no reason why it would not work with UUNP.

My problem is that I never used UUNP, so I am not familiar with it and I cannot test it. If somebody would like to try, they should. One way to test it is to have the game and caliente's body slide utility open at the same time, and alt+tab between the two to see if the body looks as if it is intended.

If I can get around to it, I might test it myself. Meanwhile, somebody else could give it a try and then we will know.

If there are zaps saved in the preset XML (because the users edited a zap checkbox before saving the preset), you should make sure that doesn't end up in the BodyGen template. The zaps aren't build into the .tri files, so that would be no issue, but the BodyGen template would have a morph entry that doesn't exist.

The problem is, that's impossible for your tool to find out. You would have to scan all project .osp files in the SliderSets folder for exactly the project entry the preset was saved for, then look for all sliders in it and check if any of them are a zap. So not really viable.

People will have to save their "BodyGen BodySlide presets" without zaps or clean up the template afterwards.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for necroing
This tool is amazing and super easy to use  (I have to download the last python version to make it work)
There's one thing weird, each time I convert the same preset at the same weight some value are not the same

UUNP-7BBcup_100=7B BCup High@1.0, 7B BCup Low@1.0, Ankles@0.0, Arms@0.38, Belly@0.05, BreastGravity@0.15, Breasts@-0.4, BreastsSmall@0.0, Butt@-0.5, ButtCrack@0.0, ButtSmall@0.0, Legs@-0.37, NippleDistance@0.0, NippleSize@-0.1, ShoulderWidth@0.05, Thighs@0.05, Waist@0.37

UUNP-7BBcup_100=7B BCup High@1.0, 7B BCup Low@1.0, Ankles@3.0, Arms@2.27, Belly@1.1, BreastGravity@-1.5, Breasts@0.8, BreastsSmall@3.0, Butt@1.0, ButtCrack@3.0, ButtSmall@3.0, Legs@1.52, NippleDistance@3.0, NippleSize@2.0, ShoulderWidth@2.15, Thighs@-0.4, Waist@-1.52

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...