JRDance | OSA module

yes sure, but though what is the long term usage of JRDance.  like we install it,  loop and see all dances. thats it.   and what i was thinking when i saw this mod was "heey i can actualy position dancers in my house "regardless of load and save each day continuation"" but noo, u had to put trailerish way :(

Excuse me if an in development mod does not cater to your particular niche. The rudeness is unnecessary and unwelcome, plus I could ask you the same: what's your long term for having NPC's dance at your house, just glance at them when you visit?

Features such as starting up an NPC dance via dialogue and asking them to perform a dance (let's add possibly keep them in loop) are within the range of things I'd like to attempt. Development for this mod is currently on hiatus however, but it'll resume once possible.

Feel free to list ideas or requests, just tone down the sass please.

yes sure, but though what is the long term usage of JRDance.  like we install it,  loop and see all dances. thats it.   and what i was thinking when i saw this mod was "heey i can actualy position dancers in my house "regardless of load and save each day continuation"" but noo, u had to put trailerish way :(

You can achieve that via CK, setup a script to force animation loop on X npc.

Haven't tested this mod yet,  but does it support custom camera movement-angles? Most likely nah

heh

• 2 weeks later...

If your playing it on steam, there is a really easy way to get music to play in game. A quick google search of "steam in game music" will tell you how to do it, all you need is the music file of your choice. While it might take some maneuvering to get it in sync, its good for a temporary addition

Question, the mod not have music yet, or i do something wrong?

It doesn't.

Once it's possible I have the means to hint on how to apply the original music as well as a selection of legal alternate music that'll be included as an add-on download, it's in the to-do list.

I like the idea you are doing here as I already have dance syncronizator to get some dance moves going.

But here the original music is just paired with the dance.

What seems to be the reason for trying to find other fitting songs? Wouldn't that hurt the quality of this mod?

If you think about adding a song. I do wish to have these ones in it.

2 person dance

Just recorded a video featuring sweet devil dance and your immersive first person view profile :heart:

It's always nice to see people mix things up. Nicely done.

What seems to be the reason for trying to find other fitting songs? Wouldn't that hurt the quality of this mod?

Legal issues. It's fairly easy to get flagged or sued when you're using audio from a copyrighted source. Providing alternate free of use audio gives a minimum enjoyment for the mod to the user, though using the original audio for best enjoyment will be possible if you acquire the files somewhere else.

Whether the user owns the audio or not being out of the developer hands, thus we don't have to worry about the mod being taken down due to legal "annoyances".

OP should make it clear that he's not gonna finish this mod though since his first post hasn't been updated in ages and there were no news on OSA either.

Well, that's rude. I said this would be on hiatus until OSA gets updated multiple times. Was that not clear enough from me? And I'm not giving up on OSA that easily.

Sorry if people get busy with things other than their hobbies. And that you don't care enough to read through the latest posts.

For anyone that'd like to know, I'll be a bit more active (though likely on my other projects) once I'm done with a couple of ongoing work projects.

Sorry if people don't have the time to read every single post in a thread. Sorry if people other than you also get busy with things other than their hobbies. And that you don't care enough to keep your own posts up to date for those who can only visit LL briefly and between long pauses to avoid misunderstandings like this. Yep, sorry.

Sarcasm can go both ways.

Sorry if people don't have the time to read every single post in a thread. Sorry if people other than you also get busy with things other than their hobbies. And that you don't care enough to keep your own posts up to date for those who can only visit LL briefly and between long pauses to avoid misunderstandings like this. Yep, sorry.

You were presumptious in your original post, not bothering to even ask if theres still work being done. Many active mods go for months without updates, and most mod authors do not update their OP until they release an update. Plus, jerok has been very active in posting in this thread; on this very page, he posted about things on his to-do list. That doesn't require much effort to find. No one can reasonably be expected to keep abreast of every post in a thread true, but you didn't apparently didnt even check the last page of this thread for indications of activity or dormancy.

Fine, you're busy. You don't have time to check, not even the last page of the thread. Fair enough. But in that case, Jerok deserves the courtesy of at least being asked, rather than being told he should tell everyone hes no longer working on it.

You were presumptious in your original post, not bothering to even ask if theres still work being done. Many active mods go for months without updates, and most mod authors do not update their OP until they release an update. Plus, jerok has been very active in posting in this thread; on this very page, he posted about things on his to-do list. That doesn't require much effort to find. No one can reasonably be expected to keep abreast of every post in a thread true, but you didn't apparently didnt even check the last page of this thread for indications of activity or dormancy.

Fine, you're busy. You don't have time to check, not even the last page of the thread. Fair enough. But in that case, Jerok deserves the courtesy of at least being asked, rather than being told he should tell everyone hes no longer working on it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

I could have said it differently at first yes, but you're really no better since you're hitting a pretty aggressive tone yourself. It's also easy to white knight people as it makes you look better superficially, as you're mindlessly defending someone without even trying to address the point I've brought up yourself. I should check the last page every time I come here just to pick out one post out of hundreds? How about updating the first one like everyone else does? One sidedly bashing me like that will only serve to turn an already unpleasant conversation turn even more antagonistic, which will draw moderator attention, which will result in posts being deleted, people getting pissed and pretty much nobody will get anything out of this, aside from one more name on blacklists where the lists of those we wish to shoot with an artillery cannon are kept.

Oh, and the last page didn't really say much anyway, so that's just being pretentious to call me out on that. Mentioning a to do list without anything else is about as useful a Blizzard announcement on release dates, so that's not helping much.

So, there. Let the flamewar begin.

I could have said it differently at first yes, but you're really no better since you're hitting a pretty aggressive tone yourself. It's also easy to white knight people as it makes you look better superficially, as you're mindlessly defending someone without even trying to address the point I've brought up yourself. I should check the last page every time I come here just to pick out one post out of hundreds? How about updating the first one like everyone else does? One sidedly bashing me like that will only serve to turn an already unpleasant conversation turn even more antagonistic, which will draw moderator attention, which will result in posts being deleted, people getting pissed and pretty much nobody will get anything out of this, aside from one more name on blacklists where the lists of those we wish to shoot with an artillery cannon are kept.

Oh, and the last page didn't really say much anyway, so that's just being pretentious to call me out on that. Mentioning a to do list without anything else is about as useful a Blizzard announcement on release dates, so that's not helping much.

So, there. Let the flamewar begin.

Or you could have stuck with your misunderstanding argument and all would be forgiven. Even you yourself know you're now only stroking a pointless flame so how about stopping here and leave this thread alone so the next posts are actually relevant and additive to the topic?

I will appreciate it and trust that you will see it fitting for the thread starter to request this of you. Thank you if you do.

I ask the same to anyone else that feels the need to stroke a flame. Please join a debate club instead.

Jerok.. 

Thank you for doing all the work that you have done out of your own personal time voluntarily.

I've switched over from CBBE to UNP because of some of the assets you have made available making it easier to do so. (I have actually wanted to try to do this for a while now.  Did not manage to find a simple way to do it until I ran across some of the conversions you made available.)  Incidentally I ran across those assets from your sig while looking for OSA plugins.  Those were handy.

I've also incorporated your dance module so that I can remove 3 of those very same ESP's from my overloaded load order.  So thank you for THAT!

I look forward to being able to find a way to include music into those lists.. but even if you become busy.. burned out.. EVEN IF you decide to abandon this project .  what you have done is STILL of great benefit to me.  And I am sure MANY others as well.

SO... to summarize (TLDR)  Thank you!   =)  great work on just about every asset you have contributed to skyrim.   A milllion thanks!

And (if you are able) I will keep checking back to see what folders and naming structure we can modify to add our own custom music.

ETA:  The HDT modified movement that you made for hana (JR BODY) and her body type seems to be much more appealing to me.  So I am using that as well.   That puts it at 1 million and 1 thanks.

No worries. On a different note, thanks for giving so much to the LL community across your different projects. I use some of your conversions and your bounce kit myself. Am also seriously considering installing OSA for your dance module, but it is tricky integrating new ESMs into an ongoing + heavily modded playthrough without breaking shit.

Jerok.. 

Thank you for doing all the work that you have done out of your own personal time voluntarily.

I've switched over from CBBE to UNP because of some of the assets you have made available making it easier to do so. (I have actually wanted to try to do this for a while now.  Did not manage to find a simple way to do it until I ran across some of the conversions you made available.)  Incidentally I ran across those assets from your sig while looking for OSA plugins.  Those were handy.

I've also incorporated your dance module so that I can remove 3 of those very same ESP's from my overloaded load order.  So thank you for THAT!

I look forward to being able to find a way to include music into those lists.. but even if you become busy.. burned out.. EVEN IF you decide to abandon this project .  what you have done is STILL of great benefit to me.  And I am sure MANY others as well.

SO... to summarize (TLDR)  Thank you!   =)  great work on just about every asset you have contributed to skyrim.   A milllion thanks!

And (if you are able) I will keep checking back to see what folders and naming structure we can modify to add our own custom music.

ETA:  The HDT modified movement that you made for hana (JR BODY) and her body type seems to be much more appealing to me.  So I am using that as well.   That puts it at 1 million and 1 thanks.

No worries. On a different note, thanks for giving so much to the LL community across your different projects. I use some of your conversions and your bounce kit myself. Am also seriously considering installing OSA for your dance module, but it is tricky integrating new ESMs into an ongoing + heavily modded playthrough without breaking shit.

Thank you both. I'm aware that there are two sides to community feedback, but it's always nice to see reaffirmation of the positive one.

My attitude keeps being "I'll just throw it out there and people can do whatever they want with it" and I believe many other people act the same. I only wish everyone would understand that when people bash someone's work for no good reason it can very well demotivate the author from at least going the extra mile, if not worse. Since everyone is different that's wishful thinking, so in the end I just think the author has to learn to suck it up. But not everyone is thick skinned so it's great when someone leaves some cheerful comments in there to offset things! \o/

Overall I've been pretty blessed in my threads and I urge others to keep this in mind when going through other threads.

@Everyone

About JRDance in the near future:

I do not enjoy leaving things incomplete. So I've been measuring my options towards JRDance as time goes by, one of the worse but easier ones in my opinion being hard-coding the sounds for this mod into OSA and letting this mod replace essential files (which is a terrible option imo). So anyone that is worried about disinterest worry not, I just really really really want to avoid some routes, and opt to be really patient instead.

If this means this project's base release isn't ready before your play-through it's unfortunate, but that's just how things worked out. ;<

In the meantime feel free to post your videos here or any feedback and ideas if you'd like. Or point me towards other animations if you've found new ones, I'm still keeping an eye on what Clone Real is releasing as well.

I think patience is the way to go as well... just look at how Fallout 4 is coming along.   Yes.. many people WANT it now.  But, we will all wait until that team is good and ready with ALL of the tools available to do so.  This is what any person who is serious about using mods in their game understands and is prepared to do.

I did see a section CEO included for OSA regarding custom sounds under PERSONA for characters.  The page refers vaguely to how this works.   I would assume that this handles the noises during OSA activities such as the moans etc.    I'm not really sure how he goes about calling the sounds from different persona files.  But it may be a route to add and select a dancer type persona.   Although to my extremely limited knowledge, this seems like it would have to replace normal OSEX sounds in order to do so, requiring you to flip back and forth if you plan to use your dancer for erm.. other things.   

I could be wrong about all of it.  But I just thought I would throw this strand of spaghetti at the wall in case it may help with future planning.

In the end.. patience is a requirement and duty of all Skyrim modding. So we will all sit here looking at the pretty bow tied package under the tree until Santa has his milk and cookies.

I've looked through his code for that and his OCinema sounds as well. Unfortunately they're hardcoded. As in, they currently can't be altered or added upon without overwriting his files. The same goes for manipulating events during scenes in papyrus. This had been brought to his attention and CEO was kind enough to start developing a different way to work with sounds that'd allow others to include more with ease.

A possible reason in my mind for his delayed return is the need to meet these and other expectations when he comes back. Here's hoping it wasn't too much pressure to dissuade him from returning in due time, whether there's been progress or not.

I have faith =)

With modding, sometimes you just need to step away for a while.  Sometimes you just get involved with it and don't really want to mess around with updates until you know what you are working on is ready to showcase.   But you can tell that CEO has put a lot of heart into the project.  These periods can last between days and years in some cases.

CEO is still around.  (just note the new friends added on nexus today =p)

So I personally believe that the artist just needs space right now to work on the art.  I am more than happy to oblige.

Looking forward to see how it all ends up fitting together.  As well as anything else that either of you end up contributing =)

Jerok, i too support your project as strongly as i am able and i believe that unless it bothers you greatly having things unfinished, then just wait it out for CEO to update his framework in the way it suits your mod's needs.

On the other side, according to CEO's profile updates and having seen that he is not entirely M.I.A. but only silent, i would suggest you contacting him via pm and inquire on the framework's status since you being a fellow OSA modder will have higher chances on receiving feedback about the progress and subsequently informing all of us.

Keep it up and don't worry about random, biased and child driven complaints!!