JRDance | OSA module

Thanks for the answer, I did mean the lame vanilla songs like The Dragonborn Comes or Ragna The Red :)

I see, well that seems fine. If you don't mind I'll only add them if I get multiple requests though, as this is a dance module I'm a bit unsure if those aditions would belong. If more people want this please speak up!

Great work! Love the module and what you have planned! Thanks for your hard work

Thank you, please check it out again when it's further in development. ^^

-------------------------

A small question for everyone: does anyone have the 100% original "Feng Wu / Dance Together" mod? I ask this because no matter how much I look around the earlier less modified versions of it I find SEEM to already have replaced animations.

Example: in that mod the "Eazy Dance" has been replaced by "Galaxias", you can check these dances in youtube by adding "MMD" to the query.

It could be that the original author gave them the wrong names/titles to begin with, but it seems very unlikely since the audio IS the correct one. This is causing me a great deal of confusion, if anyone knows something or they're convinced they have the original mod version please let me know! ;o

Grrr... having animation files with the same filename regardless of being in different locations or having different animation ID's messes up with FNIS so you might encounter a lot of repeated animations in version 0.2. Namely those inside the "Clone Real", "Dance Together" and "Misc" categories as they share a lot of files with the same name.

Version 0.3 should get uploaded in a day or two with that fixed, so if you check those dances again you'll notice a lot of them are different instead of repeating themselves as often as they do now. I'll also add more that I hadn't yet, look forward to it.

I'm curious, what physics xml are you using in your videos?

This might not apply to any but the most recent videos I upload, since I kept changing or tweaking the xmls. By now it's a frankenstein of a XML where I grabbed fragments from several sources, and later on as I (hope) began to understand how it all works I added my own data into them.

Short answer: it's custom.

I can send them to you if you send me a PM, I could use the feedback. But they're not clean enough yet for my taste so I'm not releasing them publicly. What might be most notable in those videos is the breast collision with the arms, they should rarely clip unless the arms are forcefully placed inside them, which isn't rare for some dances since they might be designed for a boobless character.

This video might be the best showcase for how it reacts with different costumes and breast sizes.

Version 0.3 is up.

Changes:
- Fixed many animation links, namely those inside the Clone Real, Dance Together and Misc categories, please browse these categories again, you'll see new stuff instead of repeated animations;
- Fixed a few broken animation links (would crash/hide the OSA menu until closed and opened again);
- Replaced some dance titles for their full name, it should be much easier to find the related songs now;
- Added over 30 Clone Real dances;
- Added a missing object (bed).

Enjoy!

Status update on selecting alternate audio tracks: over halfway done (this isn't eating my development time on other stuff by the way, it just gives me something to do while I wait for the next engine update that will enable me to continue).
Here's another sample:

[video=youtube]

This is amazing! I have two questions.

1) Any plans to implement facial expression changes mid-dance (like 0sex has)?

2) Are these consistency issues intended?

consistence%20issues.png

They are not, thank you for pointing it out.

Seems I got confused with an inconsistency and forgot to check if the FNIS links I modified in the "Shake It Some More" category were ok. Expect the last few dances in that category to play incorrectly.

I'm attaching a hotfix for that. It'll just replace a couple of files. I'll apply this fix to the main download later after I double check those dances, as version .305.

Overwrite and rerun FNIS, let me know if it goes through ok.

[EDIT]

Almost forgot to answer your other question. xP

I would like to implement expression changes mid dance, but I might wait until OSA rippens their expressive features a bit more.

Either way I'll probably be experimenting on that after I'm able to attach audio, as once I feel the basics are safely done I'll go nuts on extra features.

[/EDIT]

JRDance_0.3hotfix.zip

Is there a way to dance and have a npc dance with me at the same time,or is it only one at a time?If there is a way idk how to get it to work.Any help is appreciated thank you.

OSA's creator has already been working on making it possible to invite NPCs during scenes so it'll be implemented here for sure when available.

Alternatively I could already make this possible but it'd involve making a separate module for each possible number of participants in the dance (a module for dances with 2 people, another for 3 people... 10 people, yes there's a dance for 10 available, etc) which would be a bit messy. It would be easy to make but waiting for the more organized alternative seems way better to me, and also avoid alignment issues.

Is there a way to dance and have a npc dance with me at the same time,or is it only one at a time?If there is a way idk how to get it to work.Any help is appreciated thank you.

OSA's creator has already been working on making it possible to invite NPCs during scenes so it'll be implemented here for sure when available.

Alternatively I could already make this possible but it'd involve making a separate module for each possible number of participants in the dance (a module for dances with 2 people, another for 3 people... 10 people, yes there's a dance for 10 available, etc) which would be a bit messy. It would be easy to make but waiting for the more organized alternative seems way better to me, and also avoid alignment issues.

Ah  alright and thank you for the reply.I'll wait then happily.I been having fun with this mod for some hours now.Its very fun and easy to use so I will look forward to this when available.CEO been doing awesome work it definitely be worth the wait.Thanks again

Ah  alright and thank you for the reply.I'll wait then happily.I been having fun with this mod for some hours now.Its very fun and easy to use so I will look forward to this when available.CEO been doing awesome work it definitely be worth the wait.Thanks again

Knowing this makes me really hyped to add in the planned features, they'll greatly add to the enjoyment. But indeed the best thing we can do for now is be good and wait patiently. ^^

This is amazing! I have two questions.

1) Any plans to implement facial expression changes mid-dance (like 0sex has)?

2) Are these consistency issues intended?

consistence%20issues.png

They are not, thank you for pointing it out.

Seems I got confused with an inconsistency and forgot to check if the FNIS links I modified in the "Shake It Some More" category were ok. Expect the last few dances in that category to play incorrectly.

I'm attaching a hotfix for that. It'll just replace a couple of files. I'll apply this fix to the main download later after I double check those dances, as version .305.

Overwrite and rerun FNIS, let me know if it goes through ok.

[EDIT]

Almost forgot to answer your other question. xP

I would like to implement expression changes mid dance, but I might wait until OSA rippens their expressive features a bit more.

Either way I'll probably be experimenting on that after I'm able to attach audio, as once I feel the basics are safely done I'll go nuts on extra features.

[/EDIT]

Ah, thanks. It's fixed the consistency alerts, haven't tried the dances yet. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Dropping another sample, you can see here that I'm starting small tests on stuff like adding lighting into a room/cell to build a dancing floor. Here you can see a spotlight pointed at the dancer that keeps tracking the dancer position to shine light upon him/her.
I've just started messing with the Creation Kit so if someone can point me to some nice guides and stuff please do!

[video=youtube]

Is it possible to have One More Time by Daft Punk for a dance animation?

From a quick search I couldn't find anything usable that already exists. As for making it, I'd consider it once I get into animation myself, but you won't see that sort of thing from me until next year, probably. :/

• 2 weeks later...

I've found reasonably fitting audio that I can distribute for 90% of the dances. Let me remind everyone that if things go as intended you will always have the option to play whatever audio you want with the dances, but I am unable to distribute the official tracks myself.

I'm now going through a second check on each dance to see if the choices pass my minimum standards and try to redo the ones that I couldnt find a match for.

As for the Misc category, I've identified all but one of the dances, all of them besides "Misc 26" can already be found in other categories so they will be removed with the next upload. If anyone knows what dance "Misc 26" is please let me know.

OSA seems a bit silent at the moment so I'll be taking my time with running through all the dances again for audio, it's stupidly time consuming.

Here's another sample:

[video=youtube]

• 2 weeks later...

If you're up to date on OSA and have downloaded the 1.09 beta version found here you can also download the following version of JRDance:

JRDance 0.6 Download (don't forget to run FNIS again)

Compared to version 0.3 this one introduces the following:

- a new type of menu navigation;
- the ability to add other NPCs to join you for dances that were designed for more than a single dancer (most of these currently have alignment issues though);

As well as some changes:

- cleared out all of the repeated Misc animations;
- other minor changes;

I intended to add a few new dances but I forgot, if you wait a day or two I'll be uploading that version soon (not worth a reupload, I'll just add them to the next big update). And I'll only be posting these versions at the main post once this latest version of OSA is uploaded into the nexus to avoid confusion for "passing by" users that might get confused about OSA 1.09.

Here's a sample of the dance with the highest number of NPCs involved (10), my PC can barely handle this amount of unique NPCs on screen, sigh...

[video=youtube]

That's quite a jump. How many additional releases are you planning to make before the final version?

Using the new menu structure and adding the inviting feature were two of my three main goals for a first release.

I'll upload this into the Nexus and label it as the first full release once I'm able to apply audio and everything already included gets cleaned up. The other planned features will then be added in as they come or packaged as plugins. Audio feels like far too essential a thing to leave for later.

I might delay a Nexus release slightly depending on how far I am in other things I'd like to get ready. I feel it'd be fun to upload several mods at once. Regardless, I'll post things here right away regarding this mod

• 2 weeks later...

'sup?

Just saying hi and dropping some info on other things I'm messing around with. Over here you can give me your thoughts as I go through building a follower pack. I'll be opening an outfit studio conversions threads soon to start sharing my own experiences with creating bodyslide conversions as to follow a trend of sharing whatever I get to make for myself. And probably within the month I'll consolidate all of these as well as an unique/inconic eyebrows mod, etc, into a single thread. As to not be all over the place.

Cheers~ You can see how one of the followers will probably look like as well as a bodyslide conversion (I forgot to do the gloves before the video thou) in the next sample video:

[video=youtube]

Lesser video quality cuz recorder software just decided to start being lazy and drop 20 FPS, I dunno.

post-1243014-0-01147400-1478402900_thumb.jpg

I have a issue with dances not lining up correctly.If its two people dancing the dancers will be merged inside one another and some dances they stay that way threw out the entire dance.I can tell how the are supposed to line up but they don't line up properly.Oddly this is mostly a problem with two people dancing.When its more the two the dances line up fairly well to correctly. I'm using 6.0 and 109 osa and osex .I am also using sexlab.I would load a picture but my print screen key isn't working and trying to figure out how to fix that.

I have a issue with dances not lining up correctly.If its two people dancing the dancers will be merged inside one another and some dances they stay that way threw out the entire dance.I can tell how the are supposed to line up but they don't line up properly.Oddly this is mostly a problem with two people dancing.When its more the two the dances line up fairly well to correctly. I'm using 6.0 and 109 osa and osex .I am also using sexlab.I would load a picture but my print screen key isn't working and trying to figure out how to fix that.

Yeah, I'm aware of that and it's normal, so at least don't worry about any incompatibility on your end.

I had been trying to see if there was a method within the current OSA and/or papyrus that I could use to reposition them but since there doesn't seem to be any I should probably resort to reconverting the animations into an editable format and realign them. Though I wanted to avoid touching the animation files themselves, hopefully I dont run into any issues.

Yeah, I'm aware of that and it's normal, so at least don't worry about any incompatibility on your end.

I had been trying to see if there was a method within the current OSA and/or papyrus that I could use to reposition them but since there doesn't seem to be any I should probably resort to reconverting the animations into an editable format and realign them. Though I wanted to avoid touching the animation files themselves, hopefully I dont run into any issues.

Alright,I was worried it was a incompatibility.Thank you for the reply and info,I hope this can be worked out but in the meantime the mode is amazing and look forward to any new features to come.Now I can rest easy knowing its normal.Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...