[Pre-Alpha with bugs] The Sins-titute [WIP]

Just spitballing here...

Was the purpose of this mod to make a sexification of the Institute or was this a compromise to use exiting cells and NPCs that would fit the narrative you are trying to make?

I ask because I am almost done with a vault with "empty rooms" that would be offering the same features you talked about in the OP but without all the hassle of using vanilla asset that's heavily dependent for the main quest.

Just spitballing here...

Was the purpose of this mod to make a sexification of the Institute or was this a compromise to use exiting cells and NPCs that would fit the narrative you are trying to make?

I ask because I am almost done with a vault with "empty rooms" that would be offering the same features you talked about in the OP but without all the hassle of using vanilla asset that's heavily dependent for the main quest.

Well I wanted the Institute to be earlier in the game rather than a final act. But also I wanted a SciFi slavery mod run by conflicting vault like survivors to contrast with the raider scum outside. But I suck at doing the graphics stuff, so not sure if this will go much further, I probably bit off more than I can chew and I might be getting into the 4play modding a bit soon too.

Just spitballing here...

Well I wanted the Institute to be earlier in the game rather than a final act. But also I wanted a SciFi slavery mod run by conflicting vault like survivors to contrast with the raider scum outside. But I suck at doing the graphics stuff, so not sure if this will go much further, I probably bit off more than I can chew and I might be getting into the 4play modding a bit soon too.

Well thats kind of what I am doing now.

Vault interior has brothel, bar, slave auction platforms and on the surface its a shacktown similar to bunker hill but its for raiders who come to sell their latest captures. The slaves get sent to the vault to be "enhanced" and sold of to buyers. ag12 is going to be setting up the slave system in there and you are more than welcome to put everything related to pregnancy and breeding.

In the vault I have an area just for the slaves, there are cells to keep the new slaves in there and several rooms where the slaves get "trained".

I can certainly make a room for what you want to do... just let me know what you need.

Just spitballing here...

Well thats kind of what I am doing now.

Vault interior has brothel, bar, slave auction platforms and on the surface its a shacktown similar to bunker hill but its for raiders who come to sell their latest captures. The slaves get sent to the vault to be "enhanced" and sold of to buyers. ag12 is going to be setting up the slave system in there and you are more than welcome to put everything related to pregnancy and breeding.

In the vault I have an area just for the slaves, there are cells to keep the new slaves in there and several rooms where the slaves get "trained".

I can certainly make a room for what you want to do... just let me know what you need.

I guess its also a lot about not being happy with the vanilla institute too. Thanks for the offer, but I think you probably have enough cooks, it sounds like it will be good :)

Dependency:  FourplayKeywords.esm.....  I have installed FourPlay 8.2.....there is no FourplayKeywords.esm file....

What mod contains this file?  

Dependency:  FourplayKeywords.esm.....  I have installed FourPlay 8.2.....there is no FourplayKeywords.esm file....

What mod contains this file?  

I downloaded and installed this to give it a try. You really need to include links for required files. I finally got most of the people to have clothing. But Alana Secord did not as well as a few others. I am not sure which GITS mod I should be using and I still can't find anything called Nanosuits. It is an interesting idea so I hope you continue to work on it. Take a look at Four play prostitution mod for ways to make the recreational synths work.

Ok, I added links for all the requirements :)

I'm planning on adding the prostitution and sex stuff, just sorta waiting for the next round of FourPlay updates to happen :)

And I think I dumped all the GITS requirements.

• 4 weeks later...

Ran across this a while back and it seemed interesting. Couple of questions:

1> Is there any plan/intention of letting the player reclaim the equipment they had on arriving? (i.e. you can have your armor and arsenal while performing missions on the surface, but need to surrender it every time you return to the institute proper.)

2> Where are the entry areas to the new divisions located? I couldn't find them in a relatively exhaustive search of the main atrium.

3> Could you specifiy which secondary ESPs are needed for the Fortazella armor? I wasn't able to get the 'all in one merged' esp to work properly and wound up having to d/l all the individual component esp files. (Not intended as a knock against your work - the outfit pieces used seem to fit the overall theme nicely!)

Overall I like the concept and what's been implemented so far. If you're planning to continue work and need someone to test things out I'd be glad to help!

Ran across this a while back and it seemed interesting. Couple of questions:

1> Is there any plan/intention of letting the player reclaim the equipment they had on arriving? (i.e. you can have your armor and arsenal while performing missions on the surface, but need to surrender it every time you return to the institute proper.)

2> Where are the entry areas to the new divisions located? I couldn't find them in a relatively exhaustive search of the main atrium.

3> Could you specifiy which secondary ESPs are needed for the Fortazella armor? I wasn't able to get the 'all in one merged' esp to work properly and wound up having to d/l all the individual component esp files. (Not intended as a knock against your work - the outfit pieces used seem to fit the overall theme nicely!)

Overall I like the concept and what's been implemented so far. If you're planning to continue work and need someone to test things out I'd be glad to help!

1. Yes eventually I was going to move all the boxes contents to the players quarters when they reached a certain level of the institute faction.

2. The other Institute factions areas haven't been created.

3. The esps themselves aren't needed just the meshes and textures as I reference them directly creating new assets.

3. The esps themselves aren't needed just the meshes and textures as I reference them directly creating new assets.

After some further dinking around, it appears that the issue was how the Fortazella armor mod has it's assets split across multiple downloads. And does so in manner that doesn't seem to play nicely with using the nexus mod manager. Not sure if it's a 'solving a non-problem' issue with how the Fortazella armor mod works, or if I'm violating the 'your mod merge tool will handle it automatically' assumption by not having one.

I've also noticed a graphical render oddity in the locker room portion of the arrival area. Looking north while in third person view, the walls and furniture don't render. Almost like I've used tcl to walk through the wall geometry, even though I haven't. Rotating the camera far enough east or west, or switching to first person view lets everything render properly. (I really don't know how to fix it, but hopefully this is enough info that someone who does can help.)

post-1773077-0-72286300-1497658597_thumb.png

post-1773077-0-01738900-1497658622_thumb.png

post-1773077-0-67064500-1497658866_thumb.png

post-1773077-0-15876700-1497658896_thumb.png

After some further dinking around, it appears that the issue was how the Fortazella armor mod has it's assets split across multiple downloads. And does so in manner that doesn't seem to play nicely with using the nexus mod manager. Not sure if it's a 'solving a non-problem' issue with how the Fortazella armor mod works, or if I'm violating the 'your mod merge tool will handle it automatically' assumption by not having one.

I've also noticed a graphical render oddity in the locker room portion of the arrival area. Looking north while in third person view, the walls and furniture don't render. Almost like I've used tcl to walk through the wall geometry, even though I haven't. Rotating the camera far enough east or west, or switching to first person view lets everything render properly. (I really don't know how to fix it, but hopefully this is enough info that someone who does can help.)

Yeah that arrival area is something like navmashing or something to so with the border of old and new, I suck at creating worldspaces.

No idea, the armor works ok in mine.

I've got the armor working properly now.

That, erm, might've gotten lost under all the cynical engineer grumbling that, honestly, had nothing to do with your mod. :)

Mind if I take a crack at fixing the navmesh issue, assuming I muster the courage to venture into the CK?

I've got the armor working properly now.

That, erm, might've gotten lost under all the cynical engineer grumbling that, honestly, had nothing to do with your mod. :)

Mind if I take a crack at fixing the navmesh issue, assuming I muster the courage to venture into the CK?

Go for it, Its probably whats preventing me from archiving it properly too. I have to manually copy all the scripts etc into folders currently for a downloadable file.
  • 5 weeks later...

I like this mod and am excited to see where it goes next.

I do have a suggestion, maybe along with the collar (or as punishment when you did something wrong) you could make the player wear an institute chastity belt and only males have the key for this. (and when SexTec arrives they can use you)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok , First off I like the mod, but i have found some glaring errors, it conflicts with the main quest reunions,Kellogs computer no longer has his log files,which in this case breaks reunions,you need those log files for the quest to complete,then you need to talk to nick,then go talk to piper. For some reason I also don't fully load the arrival area when teleported in,loaded quicksave fixed that,then when i leave the room to use the intercom got shocked to almost death because i already had a non removable institute collar,inflateable buttplug,vibrator,and cuffs,getting the message are you trying to smuggle these items in.These items were gotten from the strange containers found in Kellogs Diamond City home and in the Hagen Fort ending room.

moving on when i finally got to father,he'd talk but walk away during talking to me then teleport right in front of me again,like he was pacing while having the conversation,not game breaking but highly annoying,then after having the conversation and getting on the elevator down bam ctd,reload save fixed this and could go down,get to ground floor and try to go to the 3 directors,visitor collar won't allow me to go through the locked doors,ended up waiting for corsers to go through doors to get in,trapped in rooms after having conversations with the directors.after talking to the doctor got stuck in the room and couldn't get out,it gave me a quest to go use a network terminal no floaty questmarker to follow. and thats about were i am at.

update,started another save from sanctuary,found out you HAVE to do the railroad quests to get into the institute to use the network console,then go back to sanctuary to give the guy the hacked passwords.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

On 1/1/2019 at 1:05 AM, leszakadt_plafon said:

16 months. Nothing. THE MODE Died?

If you are a VIP beta, then why is alpha before?     (Ha VIP béta, akkor miért alfa előtti?)

Yeah its dead, it never made it to beta stage really, I have got too busy in AAF framework stuff to get back to it, hopefully one day, but doubtful, if someone else wants to take over I'm good with that.

17 hours ago, mikaalice said:

i've gotten the institute prisoner collar equipped, and it starts tracking what seems like probabilities to teleport? (the highest I've gotten it is 690/5). You mention it's a percentage chance, but is there a threshold I have to hit?

I can barely remember, but basically the tracking lock for teleport is stronger outdoors and if you stop moving. I wanted it to be playable as an escaped Synth but still the threat of the collar returning you.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:37 PM, Halstrom said:

Yeah its dead, it never made it to beta stage really, I have got too busy in AAF framework stuff to get back to it, hopefully one day, but doubtful, if someone else wants to take over I'm good with that.

I can barely remember, but basically the tracking lock for teleport is stronger outdoors and if you stop moving. I wanted it to be playable as an escaped Synth but still the threat of the collar returning you.

That's fair. The numerical system in the debug seems a bit obtuse, but I can appreciate the reasoning behind the system. Thank you for the reply!

• 1 month later...