[mod] DW Kitsune Mod

Lapsa

I decided to clean this mod up a bit, and get it working with the latest CKII and DW versions. I was able to fix the localizations and spell menu, but I seem to be having some trouble with the tail assignment events.

Does anyone know why this combination of yearly pulse and trigger event doesn't work.

#character
on_yearly_pulse = {
    events = {
        KIT.1 #Fox Tail
        KIT.2 #Fox Tail
        KIT.3 #Fox Tail
        KIT.4 #Fox Tail
        KIT.5 #Fox Tail
        KIT.6 #Pickles, nope, just kidding. Its another fox tail
        KIT.7 #Fox Tail
        KIT.8 #Fox Tail
        KIT.9 #Fox Tail
    }
}

character_event = {
    id = KIT.1
    hide_window = yes # Nothing to see here
    is_triggered_only = yes # Triggered by on_action

trigger = {
        trait = kitsune
        NOT = { trait = one_tail }
        NOT = { trait = two_tail }
        NOT = { trait = three_tail }
        NOT = { trait = four_tail }
        NOT = { trait = five_tail }
        NOT = { trait = six_tail }
        NOT = { trait = seven_tail }
        NOT = { trait = eight_tail }
        NOT = { trait = nine_tail }
    }

immediate = {
        add_trait = one_tail
    }
}

Manually triggering KIT.1 works, but it never goes off automatically like I would expect.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 2:11 PM, Bookworm83 said:

I decided to clean this mod up a bit, and get it working with the latest CKII and DW versions. I was able to fix the localizations and spell menu, but I seem to be having some trouble with the tail assignment events.

Does anyone know why this combination of yearly pulse and trigger event doesn't work.

#character
on_yearly_pulse = {
    events = {
        KIT.1 #Fox Tail
        KIT.2 #Fox Tail
        KIT.3 #Fox Tail
        KIT.4 #Fox Tail
        KIT.5 #Fox Tail
        KIT.6 #Pickles, nope, just kidding. Its another fox tail
        KIT.7 #Fox Tail
        KIT.8 #Fox Tail
        KIT.9 #Fox Tail
    }
}

character_event = {
    id = KIT.1
    hide_window = yes # Nothing to see here
    is_triggered_only = yes # Triggered by on_action

trigger = {
        trait = kitsune
        NOT = { trait = one_tail }
        NOT = { trait = two_tail }
        NOT = { trait = three_tail }
        NOT = { trait = four_tail }
        NOT = { trait = five_tail }
        NOT = { trait = six_tail }
        NOT = { trait = seven_tail }
        NOT = { trait = eight_tail }
        NOT = { trait = nine_tail }
    }

immediate = {
        add_trait = one_tail
    }
}

Manually triggering KIT.1 works, but it never goes off automatically like I would expect.

I just noticed your post.  It is cool that you decided to work on this!  At a glance, I don't see anything wrong with the code you posted above.

Just so you are aware, I announced that @Lapsa turned her mod over to me and I would be incorporating parts of it directly into Darkest Perversions ( https://www.loverslab.com/topic/71845-noxbestias-darkest-perversions/?do=findComment&comment=2018693 ).  I should have made a post here, but I didn't think about it.  Of coruse, as far as I am concerned, there is nothing stopping you from continuing what you are doing with it.

On 1/27/2018 at 11:30 PM, noxbestia said:

I just noticed your post.  It is cool that you decided to work on this!  At a glance, I don't see anything wrong with the code you posted above.

Just so you are aware, I announced that @Lapsa turned her mod over to me and I would be incorporating parts of it directly into Darkest Perversions ( https://www.loverslab.com/topic/71845-noxbestias-darkest-perversions/?do=findComment&comment=2018693 ).  I should have made a post here, but I didn't think about it.  Of coruse, as far as I am concerned, there is nothing stopping you from continuing what you are doing with it.

Well I'm quite happy to hear that. All I was really able to do was clean up spelling and a few obviously incorrect bits. So I'm happy to see what an experienced modder such as yourself can do with it.

I'll keep tinkering with it since I had a few more ideas of my own, but I doubt I'll get anywhere if I can't figure out why the tails aren't being assigned properly.

36 minutes ago, Bookworm83 said:

Well I'm quite happy to hear that. All I was really able to do was clean up spelling and a few obviously incorrect bits. So I'm happy to see what an experienced modder such as yourself can do with it.

I'll keep tinkering with it since I had a few more ideas of my own, but I doubt I'll get anywhere if I can't figure out why the tails aren't being assigned properly.

When i get around to testing the tails, I am going to divide their required ages by 10 for easier testing.  The code looks like it should be working, so I'm not sure why it isn't.  

On 1/30/2018 at 9:23 PM, noxbestia said:

When i get around to testing the tails, I am going to divide their required ages by 10 for easier testing.  The code looks like it should be working, so I'm not sure why it isn't.  

For further reference I used the age command to bump up my test characters. Which successfully gives the appropriate number of tails when I manually run the event. It just never seems to trigger automatically for some reason. Possibly the age command does something weird with their ages? I don't mod enough to know for sure.

6 hours ago, Bookworm83 said:

For further reference I used the age command to bump up my test characters. Which successfully gives the appropriate number of tails when I manually run the event. It just never seems to trigger automatically for some reason. Possibly the age command does something weird with their ages? I don't mod enough to know for sure.

When using the age command, only go to the year before the trigger, not the year of the trigger and then let that last year happen naturally.  Give that a shot.  You can also save file edit so that your birthday is jsut a couple days after the game start date and then load it up and let it play a couple of days until the age rolls over and see if that works.

13 hours ago, noxbestia said:

When using the age command, only go to the year before the trigger, not the year of the trigger and then let that last year happen naturally.  Give that a shot.  You can also save file edit so that your birthday is jsut a couple days after the game start date and then load it up and let it play a couple of days until the age rolls over and see if that works.

No, that didn't work either. Though in the process I discovered that the dark world kitsune trait doesn't actually come with immortality.

Archived