ECE / RaceMenu to import head and body scales

Charmics

TL;DR: How to both import head mesh and use ECE custom body sliders for player character.

Hello, I'm trying to make a character in Skyrim, and I'm having some trouble. I would like to import a head mesh using RaceMenu, and change the body (skeleton) scales using ECE (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57440/?). I can't use RaceMenu then switch to ECE, as ECE will mess with the character's appearance on loading (I believe due to it's custom head mesh.)

I know RaceMenu has similar sliders, but they are not capable of doing what I want ("realistic" torso / shoulder / pelvic adjustment) If you've tried both mods, you'll have probably noticed that the ECE plugin works a lot better than the RaceMenu ones. I'm not playing favorites or anything, I just want something that works.

I've tried some things, and will continue to try things. I'm open to any suggestions / ideas on how to get around this, and am willing to put in effort to make this happen. Thanks!

I believe Racemenu should have an option to export trifaces somewhere on its UI. After that, the exported file should be on racemenu's own folders. So does ECE. To either load the trifaces on one or the other I believe it's by placing that file somewhere on their own load slot folder (through windows explorer).

I know the feel. Every once in a while I try to make ideal instalations of Racemenu, several times, all well spaced from each other expecting updates to fix issues, it CAN theoretically produce better more custom bodies, and it has a lot of direct support from other mods, specially bodyslide, but I've never managed to achieve that "ideal" instalation with Racemenu and I'm done trying... ECE on the other hand, never let me down from the get go.

I believe Racemenu should have an option to export trifaces ... To either load the trifaces on one or the other I believe it's by placing that file somewhere on their own load slot folder (through windows explorer).

As far as I know, TRIs are only used to store sets of data associated with race morphs. Both ECE and RM can export nifs, but ECE has (as far as I know) no way of loading them. I looked around for information on TRIs but didn't find anything about importing or exporting them. ECE only loads .slots, I thought. Do you remember any more details?

Archived