Advice Needed for HDT Skirt

RoachDovakiin

Hello there!

I want to make this little "skirt" (from the Plate Armor of the mod zzjays wardrobe and I don't know how to call it see the image attached) move with HDT Physics as if it was a pony tale or seamessly. I would like to see that little thing moving while my character walks or something. I have been researching to see if I can do it myself but for what I have readed I would need to rig the mesh and create or tweak a .XML file for it, with nifskope set it to the NiStringExtraData and finally with the Creation Kit adding it to the game as an update to the mod already installed just to get that tiny skirt moving. In theory for me sounds easy but in practice don't because I don't have 3DS Max for the rigging, what I know about .XML is less than 0, the nifskope thing don't look so hard to do and finally adding it to the game might be easy too by the CreationKit. 

My questions are: Is that the way to do it? How is it supposed to be? Could someone rig the mesh? Is there a .XML file that might help to get the Physics to be close to reality?(Like the pony tale hairstyles in KS Hairdos Mod). 

Also let me know what you think of it? Is worth it? 

PD: Sorry if I made a grammatical mistake or else, I'm learning english and also trying not to use translator. 

post-1315524-0-07409200-1473145143_thumb.jpg

First off this will be some work, especially if you haven't worked with any of the tools before.

I would not recommend starting with something that complex but on the other hand, I always aim a little too high myself and in the end it often pays off...

If this is worth it depends on how much you want that armor to move xD

You can do this with blender, 3dsmax is not needed. I suggest looking at the xml and bone setup from the anal chain attachment from my mod.

You can just reposition the bones in nifskope , they are already attached to the pelvis. Then you have to open up that armor in blender load the bone setup as well and weight paint the part you want to move to the imported hdt enabled bones. Export the whole thing maybe add sliders in outfitstudio if you want the skirt to scale with the characters weight.

There are enough tutorials out there on how to import/export nifs to blender and how to weightpaint in blender, I suggest reading them. If you have any trouble later with the xml I can help you out, because tutorials about that are rare...

First off this will be some work, especially if you haven't worked with any of the tools before.

I would not recommend starting with something that complex but on the other hand, I always aim a little too high myself and in the end it often pays off...

If this is worth it depends on how much you want that armor to move xD

You can do this with blender, 3dsmax is not needed. I suggest looking at the xml and bone setup from the anal chain attachment from my mod.

You can just reposition the bones in nifskope , they are already attached to the pelvis. Then you have to open up that armor in blender load the bone setup as well and weight paint the part you want to move to the imported hdt enabled bones. Export the whole thing maybe add sliders in outfitstudio if you want the skirt to scale with the characters weight.

There are enough tutorials out there on how to import/export nifs to blender and how to weightpaint in blender, I suggest reading them. If you have any trouble later with the xml I can help you out, because tutorials about that are rare...

Great, I'm going to try it! Thanks and I'll keep you updated of any progress  

Archived