Direct Control

BunnyBabe666

Does anyone know if it would be possible to make a mod for Direct Control, like in the old console versions of the sims 2? You controlled your character like say, a typical adventure-simulation game. I appreciate the overhead view for what it is but imo if the sims had an OPTIONAL (it's annoying that i have to mention optional because people seem to think when i talk about this its be all end all and they cant have their precious overhead god view as well) direct third person view it would have a lot more immersive potential, you wouldnt even need to change anything regarding rendering bc sims 2 direct control didn't. 

(to explain more what i mean, imagine the way movement-JUST MOVEMENT is in a game like gta and etc in which you make your character walk or run with your arrow keys or control stick, and press a button to perform an action.)

it would make admiring the world and sims you've created a lot more personal and fun in my opinion. I wish someone would think of the potential of something like this because it makes me pretty sad that people just tend to wipe the idea from there minds completely because apparently the sims has to be just one certain way or Whatever

Is is possible? Yes. Is it can be worked to playable state? No. It is worth effort? No.

i feel after  enough effort it can be made to a reasonable playable state overtime like any other mod,

and your question about "is it worth the effort" you said no but that can be debatable i could see a mod like this being used by a lot of users just like the author of this thread so if someone would want to make a mod solely for others to enjoy (like many skyrim and fallout modders) then i would say this would be worth the effort plus a lot of sim modders use patreon for donations now so  thats another reason this mod idea would be worth the effort , a mod like this has never been done before (to my knowledge) so i see huge potential 

a mod like this in theory could be pretty basic if made by the right user i dont see the camera angle being an issue and if the view was switched ingame W.A.S.D could be used to move the character but sims 3/4 seem like a stubborn pair of games to work with and may fight with you every step of the way

Is is possible? Yes. Is it can be worked to playable state? No. It is worth effort? No.

i feel after  enough effort it can be made to a reasonable playable state overtime like any other mod,

and your question about "is it worth the effort" you said no but that can be debatable i could see a mod like this being used by a lot of users just like the author of this thread so if someone would want to make a mod solely for others to enjoy (like many skyrim and fallout modders) then i would say this would be worth the effort plus a lot of sim modders use patreon for donations now so  thats another reason this mod idea would be worth the effort , a mod like this has never been done before (to my knowledge) so i see huge potential 

a mod like this in theory could be pretty basic if made by the right user i dont see the camera angle being an issue and if the view was switched ingame W.A.S.D could be used to move the character but sims 3/4 seem like a stubborn pair of games to work with and may fight with you every step of the way

With enough effort, sure, pretty much anything is theoretically possible. Who is going to put in that said effort tho? This would be a cool idea, I just don't see anybody doing it, at least not anytime soon. A mod like that would be liable to break once EA/Maxis released new patches/content so if this were to pop up I'd expect it to do so near the end of the games developmental cycle. Right now I think we're in the middle, maybe moving towards the late phase, but for now EA/Maxis could still change a lot of things that would probably break a mod like that.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to make a mod for Direct Control, like in the old console versions of the sims 2? You controlled your character like say, a typical adventure-simulation game. I appreciate the overhead view for what it is but imo if the sims had an OPTIONAL (it's annoying that i have to mention optional because people seem to think when i talk about this its be all end all and they cant have their precious overhead god view as well) direct third person view it would have a lot more immersive potential, you wouldnt even need to change anything regarding rendering bc sims 2 direct control didn't.

(to explain more what i mean, imagine the way movement-JUST MOVEMENT is in a game like gta and etc in which you make your character walk or run with your arrow keys or control stick, and press a button to perform an action.)

it would make admiring the world and sims you've created a lot more personal and fun in my opinion. I wish someone would think of the potential of something like this because it makes me pretty sad that people just tend to wipe the idea from there minds completely because apparently the sims has to be just one certain way or Whatever

this is what i want. ı want to play sims 3 by controlling arrow keys but i couldnt a mod like that. İt ıs not impossıble but ı think ea should make that instead of producing sims 4. İ hate sims 4 and never play it. It ıs horrıble .sims 3 is still better than sims 4.damn it

It is not so easy. Unless you know some hidden scripting within game engine, all that can be done is to make workarounds and that's now even close to being playable.

• 1 year later...

I think they should add that feature in the game along with first person view with WASD to move and the mouse to look around because this point and click method along with the isometric birds eye view feels extremely un-immersive and i like to get immersed into the sims as if i'm actually there, looking at the house i spent weeks building from their perspective. Also i think the sims are really dumb in TS4 and the path finding is bad in saying that when you click on a chair for them to sit on for an example, they sit on a completely different chair on the other side of the house instead of the chair i specifically clicked on but all of the bad path finding and dumb sim autonomy could be fixed with having direct control over your sim. They should add that feature at least as an option to cater for people that want real immersion but that's just MO

Archived