Recommending a small 'Rules/Announcement' in Download Forums

LongDukDong

Greetings.  I've been here for a few months, but only started uploading a couple things here and there.  I had difficulties in two instances, and only just discovered why. I was unable to make a download topic within the Downloads forum. 

I did not realize that it was locked, but tied to the Download Manager itself.  Only when you create a page within, it creates the topic in the forum for you..

Convenient, certainly.  However, I had to go through pages within the General Topics to find that out.

I was wondering whether a notice could be shown within the individual downloads forums (ie Downloads - Lovers with PK) that explain that it is locked and you need to use the Download Manager to make the post, the notice perhaps linking to the stickied Upload Mods topic here.  Some people may just bypass reading anything in General Discussion and go straight to posting.

*Blames self*

All you have to do to upload a file is to hit download and the upload button is right there at the top just select the proper areas for where you want the file to be uploaded to. Or you can follow the pathway to the one that you want to upload to and hit upload file.

I have no clue what this download manager is as I have never seen or heard anything about it. Areas that are locked are locked to prevent people from posting willy nilly all over the place.

You misunderstand.

I could upload attachments in posts left and right throughout the bulk of the forum just fine.  However, most of the boards in the forum have a subforum designated 'Download - Related Game' where they do not permit the creation of a new topic.

post-1116171-0-94561200-1473228678.png

These subforums are for the game mods, but you cannot create a new thread the same way as you can any other forum.  Nothing there even states you 'can' upload a mod, and appears as if one doesn't have high enough permission levels.  But I did discover that in order to have your mod presented here, you have to go and upload your mod into their Download Manager as discussed here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19642-guidewip-how-to-upload-mods-to-this-sites-download-section/

As I said, there is no mention of this anywhere in these boards, the only mention being the topic in the General Discussion forum itself.  I am just suggesting that somewhere in  each of these subforums, a visible link should be present.  Nothing big.  Just something like "How to Upload Mod - Topics automatically created".  Or perhaps, just replace the now defunct button with a working link to the download manager so this isn't an issue.

post-1116171-0-94561200-1473228678_thumb.png

You misunderstand.

I could upload attachments in posts left and right throughout the bulk of the forum just fine.  However, most of the boards in the forum have a subforum designated 'Download - Related Game' where they do not permit the creation of a new topic.

post-1116171-0-94561200-1473228678.png

These subforums are for the game mods, but you cannot create a new thread the same way as you can any other forum.  Nothing there even states you 'can' upload a mod, and appears as if one doesn't have high enough permission levels.  But I did discover that in order to have your mod presented here, you have to go and upload your mod into their Download Manager as discussed here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19642-guidewip-how-to-upload-mods-to-this-sites-download-section/

As I said, there is no mention of this anywhere in these boards, the only mention being the topic in the General Discussion forum itself.  I am just suggesting that somewhere in  each of these subforums, a visible link should be present.  Nothing big.  Just something like "How to Upload Mod - Topics automatically created".  Or perhaps, just replace the now defunct button with a working link to the download manager so this isn't an issue.

attachicon.gifNoNewTopic.png

No need. There already is such a notice. And it just so happens you just linked it. So problem solved! HUZZAAAAH!!! hi5 

Permit me to make a pair of quotes from you quoting me...

These subforums are for the game mods, but you cannot create a new thread the same way as you can any other forum.  Nothing there even states you 'can' upload a mod, and appears as if one doesn't have high enough permission levels.

As I explained, the subforums in question make no reference whatsoever to the use of a download manager.  Not one.  Only if the member goes into General Discussion will he possibly stumble upon its need while every other forum permits an uploaded attachment.  As far as anyone would gather, a person stumbling into these forums would assume they don't have permission to create a new mod topic.

I'm suggesting that it be made more visible.  When one enters these boards, either they be notified of that link (or have the link there),.. or better yet, the defunct button to send the user to the Download Manager.

Archived