What's on your mind?

Thinking about creating a 1970's thread... Though I'm not sure if anybody but me would care to post something in it...

Ah, the 70's....got my first pen and paper RPG (with one 8-sided die) at age ten.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chainmail_(game)

Saved up my paper route money to get the D&D manuals and all the dice months later.

For 70's, Lolly Gobble Choc Bomb's, (not a euphemism) and long sunny summers with nothing to do apart from have fun.

Anyway back to the threads purpose.

Fish pie, (also not a euphemism), and its production for edibility without causing a massive amount of washing up.

Tough year for me. Family problems, lost a lot of friends due to job schedules and jealous girlfriends or wives (I can't help that my best friends are all male), my MMO friends have moved on to games I'm not interested in, Skyrim does not want to comply with me, and the night has become the loneliest time of the day for me when I am always a night owl playing and chatting away with said friends for hours on end.

Just me and wine tonight again. Not even in the mood to shag in Skyrim. That's what's on my mind.

What's on my mind?  Complete and utter ego stroking.  I've been working on writing novels since I was like 17 or 18 years old, so 6 or 7 years now.  For about 5 or 6 years prior to that, my friends and I would write in roleplays, specifically Naruto, where we basically made a giant character assassinating fanfic.  All in all, I've probably been writing for about half of my life.  I currently have my first serious "adult" novel in the works, which I have just posted the second chapter of in the erotic section of the forums (shameless promotion FTW!).  However, I just finished writing the third chapter, and I am honestly in shock of how well I did with this chapter.  It is the single greatest chapter of anything I've ever written.  I know what's going to happen, I know what I want to see occur, I know how this story is going to go.  I have every single possible spoiler.  This chapter gave me goosebumps.  It drew me in.  It pulled my feelings.  It made me need to keep reading as I was writing.  It is honest to god the greatest thing I have ever written.  So, what's on my mind is that massive ego stroke right there.

Right this exact second, there are 1000+ users at loverslab, and exactly one (me)

in this forum (in any forum)

I'm guessing they're in the chat room.

Someone mentioned rule #8 so I (finally) googled it. Buried in "general discussion", it was.

So fine.....

Would it have been so bad to have a lady Jarl (jarling?).

You guys always pick the stuffy old white (uh) jarl no matter what.

So fine, trudge off to Canada (uh) Labyrinthian.

And no I wasn't drunk when I wrote this, typos and all, how sad is that.

I had more, but I forgot (rule 69, don't type what isn't there)

Damn the Moot!

Well until you can pack it with the conservative Mooters you like, who will let you declare Talos The unerring as the official God in Skyrim.

That's what it's all about anyway, telling the Peasants that some Dead guy is your Lord

"Will they take your homes, your children, your very lives???!!" they keep repeating.

Geez get a clue, it's about them telling you what They want, vs what everyone wants.

Even Morrowind made a point of congratulating the new Jarl, and the Thalmor are really happy now.

"let those who watch in Sovngarde envy us this day", but they're too busy eating drinking and jousting to care.

Damn near half the world wants the other half to end (with swords in their hands) so they can meet up with the cool people in Shor's kingdom.

It isn't boding well for the stay-at-home types who just want to sell fruits and vegetables.

speaking of fruits and vegetables, you've taxed and taxed until skooma is looking more and more attractive.

I can't live out my life growing my olives and tomatoes, (OK I give up, what's skyrim-speak for "smoking"?)

if I quit, you'd only come up with some new damn tax I couldn't afford, because you'd be all pissed smokers died, moved away or quit.

You'd make more commercials about sad doggies and cold kitties.

OK I gotta lot on my mind right now, I'll type later.

Can't tax fat people, purple-shirted people, redguard people, AHH! Smokers!! Get 'em!!

If you can't control your kids you'll get someone who will

You turkeys.

Go choke on a kale while high on your little beach thinking up laws.

post-392535-0-56282200-1478692820_thumb.jpg

I'm crying, angry, and nauseous from the result of this freak show of an election.

You can relax.  It's over.

On a relevant note, I'm feeling great.  There's nothing but optimism on my mind right now.

Thank you for that. I really needed a good laugh! :lol:

Now maybe I'm missing the point in a film series about humans being batteries, but if the machines in The Matrix universe are so reliant on humans for energy because they blacked out the sky centuries ago to deny them solar power, why are they still staying on a dead Earth? What is stopping them from going into space and building, say, a Dyson swarm around Sol? That way they could be harvesting a huge amount of energy from the star and, combined with their fusion, render the need for organic batteries a moot point?