[Sims 4] IK rig??

Afro68

Trying to learn more about blender and I see tutorials on ik rigs and making things easier. Is there a reason one hasn't been done for Sims 4 or let alone sims period? Is it possible to do like in his tutorials? It just seems so tedious or is that just the way it is? I actually found a good video on dope sheet editor and that makes more sense.

It's hard to learn in my opinion. The sims 4 rigs aren't that different from the ones for sims 3, so IK must be possible. I've played around in blender today and finally got the IK eyes to work, but only the eyes for now. 

Could you upload that rig file? I would love to take a look at it.

Yeah, IK is probably easier if you build your own rig from the ground.

It's hard to learn in my opinion. The sims 4 rigs aren't that different from the ones for sims 3, so IK must be possible. I've played around in blender today and finally got the IK eyes to work, but only the eyes for now. 

Yeah, IK is probably easier if you build your own rig from the ground.

Basically, I'm following the tutorial I linked. You turn on rigify in blender and then follow the tutorial in the second post I linked.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/66291-sims-4-ik-rig/?p=1658676

Sure. It's the same rig, I only added IK eyes. When you move the head the eyetarget follows, when you move the eyetarget the eyes move with it. :)

femalerig_EyeIK.rar

I  also tried the legs yesterday, but made no progress. If you don't count the freaky positions my rig ends up in when I try, that is ;)

Sure. It's the same rig, I only added IK eyes. When you move the head the eyetarget follows, when you move the eyetarget the eyes move with it. :)

attachicon.giffemalerig_EyeIK.rar

I  also tried the legs yesterday, but made no progress. If you don't count the freaky positions my rig ends up in when I try, that is ;)

Oh wow, this is pretty neat. I am seriously impressed. 

I mean, it's something I guess :P

Right now I am not very motivated to learn more about rigging myself, I'd rather invest the limited time I have in creating more animations, however, I 'm grateful to people who share their progress with others. In the end everybody will benefit from this. 

Ugh... apparently I moved bones that shouldn't be moved. In blender it was working fine, I made an awesome animation with my setup. Then I put the animation in my game, and the whole mesh distorted.  :( So, so sad. I put so much work in that set up...

But, I think I know what I did wrong. So I'm just gonna start again (Although part of me wants to rage-quit now). And this time I will check in game how the mesh responds to a part of the set up of the rig, before I do the whole rig again. So. Much. Time. Wasted. 

Ugh... apparently I moved bones that shouldn't be moved. In blender it was working fine, I made an awesome animation with my setup. Then I put the animation in my game, and the whole mesh distorted.  :( So, so sad. I put so much work in that set up...

But, I think I know what I did wrong. So I'm just gonna start again (Although part of me wants to rage-quit now). And this time I will check in game how the mesh responds to a part of the set up of the rig, before I do the whole rig again. So. Much. Time. Wasted. 

I feel you as I wanted to convert some of JoshQ's sexy outfits for Sims 4 as we dn't have many "slutty" outfits and lingerie to choose from and it's looking so impossible and and it seems easy to convert hair and outfits as they have GEOM's where accessories don't and I'm at a loss. So I'm not thinking Sims for a few days and I'll keep trying to see if I can find an answer. If you have to give yourself a "Sims Sick Day" or two and just try later... ;)

I feel you as I wanted to convert some of JoshQ's sexy outfits for Sims 4 as we dn't have many "slutty" outfits and lingerie to choose from and it's looking so impossible and and it seems easy to convert hair and outfits as they have GEOM's where accessories don't and I'm at a loss. So I'm not thinking Sims for a few days and I'll keep trying to see if I can find an answer. If you have to give yourself a "Sims Sick Day" or two and just try later... ;)

Lol, Sims Sick Day, that sounds like a great idea :P

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did you guys find a solution to this?

I recently found something that seems to fit the bill.  Google for the TS4 Pose Helper.  

I've just started playing around with it.  So far,  it makes posing much easier.   However, if the purpose is to create animations for WW,  an important part of the male rig doesn't show up.  It will make aligning poses harder.   Probably it's user error, though.  I'll see.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived