Worth starting FO3 for the first time in TTW?

Hello there, as title says I would like to know if i'll miss something starting FO3 for the first time with TTW installed. I heard fo3 has many problems too running on new OS so with TTW i could avoid them too. Do you think it's a good idea to start like that?

I didn't have any luck playing Fallout 3 when I switched to Win7 operating system.

I did get to play FO3 on TTW though and I got really far into the game.

Didn't have a lot of issue's and had some mods for it that made it fun to play like Marts Mutants.

I think what killed the game for me was that I couldn't figure out how to resolve stutter issues, I imagine that there must have been something for that somewhere.

There was also the fact that Skyrim Modding had come such a long way as well and I was having quite a bit of good fortune modding Skyrim.  So much that I'm still playing it.

TTW is really good mod, and I had a good time playing with it...Too bad for me I never resolved stuttering.   Without TTW I don't think my Fo3 would have run, IDK.  Finding updated mods for Fo3 is tough, and sometimes it matters like with Fallout Wasteland Wanderer its hard to get it working right with MMM.

Hello there, as title says I would like to know if i'll miss something starting FO3 for the first time with TTW installed. I heard fo3 has many problems too running on new OS so with TTW i could avoid them too. Do you think it's a good idea to start like that?

I didn't have any luck playing Fallout 3 when I switched to Win7 operating system.

Didn't have a lot of issue's and had some mods for it that made it fun to play like Marts Mutants.

I think what killed the game for me was that I couldn't figure out how to resolve stutter issues, I imagine that there must have been something for that somewhere.

There was also the fact that Skyrim Modding had come such a long way as well and I was having quite a bit of good fortune modding Skyrim.  So much that I'm still playing it.

TTW is really good mod, and I had a good time playing with it...Too bad for me I never resolved stuttering.   Without TTW I don't think my Fo3 would have run, IDK.  Finding updated mods for Fo3 is tough, and sometimes it matters like with Fallout Wasteland Wanderer its hard to get it working right with MMM.

I am worried about the fact that the gameplay migh too different from the original fo3, also do you get the chance to see the beginning story of fo3 if you play using ttw? I heard there is a tunnel that links the two worlds so it doesn't make much sense if the story starts as soon as you travel, am i wrong?

I am worried about the fact that the gameplay migh too different from the original fo3, also do you get the chance to see the beginning story of fo3 if you play using ttw? I heard there is a tunnel that links the two worlds so it doesn't make much sense if the story starts as soon as you travel, am i wrong?

You can play the Fallout 3 game as normal...

There is an issue that I remember now,

Fallout 3 the main go to weapon of choice I think was a Chinese or American assault rifle.  With the Fallout New Vegas rule set, .556 ammo isn't really that great....I seem to think that you have to change a lot of the rounds to be armor piercing to actually make good use of those rifles.

Also the perks were all overhauled so basically all the guns that should work with perks actually do and in fact all the Perks from FNV that you used to have to download patches for are all corrected and functional as well.

Come to think of it if you can just figure out a decent weapon set up your probably fine.

Super Mutants,

Almost forgot you can and likely should get a patch for those guys seeing as FNV super mutants are far more resilant than Fo3 ones.

FO3 has you facing off against these pretty early on in comparison soo it would be tough to face them in TTW without the patch, comes in the mod I think.

MMM mod however is well awefully hard to play a balanced game with so I have no idea any more how to get a nice game with that in it.

Fallout 3 was prone to crashes, TTW is dead stable. Regarding stuttering, it might just be a few mods.

In my case the Sexout Pregnancy and Spunk combo cause some mild stuttering issues, and I'm running

an I7 4770K and a 980GTX with all of the New Vegas stability fixes. I uninstall those and it's smooth as

glass (and a lot less fun). 

You can play the Fallout 3 game as normal...

There is an issue that I remember now,

Fallout 3 the main go to weapon of choice I think was a Chinese or American assault rifle.  With the Fallout New Vegas rule set, .556 ammo isn't really that great....I seem to think that you have to change a lot of the rounds to be armor piercing to actually make good use of those rifles.

Also the perks were all overhauled so basically all the guns that should work with perks actually do and in fact all the Perks from FNV that you used to have to download patches for are all corrected and functional as well.

Come to think of it if you can just figure out a decent weapon set up your probably fine.

Super Mutants,

Almost forgot you can and likely should get a patch for those guys seeing as FNV super mutants are far more resilant than Fo3 ones.

FO3 has you facing off against these pretty early on in comparison soo it would be tough to face them in TTW without the patch, comes in the mod I think.

MMM mod however is well awefully hard to play a balanced game with so I have no idea any more how to get a nice game with that in it.

got it, so there are no issues apart from the gameplay balancing of weapon and mutant

You're lucky... I never got TTW to ever work :s

It's early to say that, I haven't yet installed it since i do still have some doubts regarding it

• 4 weeks later...

fallout 3 was better than FNV, I am playing it with TTW, again.  It works decently, even with 112 mods I have installed.  Most FNV mods work as is with TTW.  But if they change things like AWOP, there is a fallout 3 awop and fnv awop, then you should look for a TTW version or patch.  TTW also explains how to convert fallout 3 mods to TTW.

fallout 3 was better than FNV, I am playing it with TTW, again.  It works decently, even with 112 mods I have installed.  Most FNV mods work as is with TTW.  But if they change things like AWOP, there is a fallout 3 awop and fnv awop, then you should look for a TTW version or patch.  TTW also explains how to convert fallout 3 mods to TTW.

yeah it does work really better, also i was surprised to find that FO3 armors work well too in there without changing anything

Archived