No SAM. None. Nope..

FYI, I'm planning an update to fix the female schlongs and textures, should be soon. Then I'll take the time to do faces right. I'll reduce the shape variation and make it random around the mean, since the base race variation is handled in the head mesh. I'll also spend a little time looking at face patterns. It's really just the lykaios, I think, that come out badly. I need to sort through the lykaios face tint options and find a set that give good dog face patterns, then figure out how to limit the combinations to things that don't look stupid. 

[...] Then I'll take the time to do faces right. I'll reduce the shape variation and make it random around the mean, since the base race variation is handled in the head mesh. I'll also spend a little time looking at face patterns. It's really just the lykaios, I think, that come out badly. I need to sort through the lykaios face tint options and find a set that give good dog face patterns, then figure out how to limit the combinations to things that don't look stupid. 

Don't think Lykaios are the only ones that come out somewhat bad, though they could be the most noticeable ones.

At the moment I'm using the Thalmor Embassy option from ASLAL ('cause I didn't get to play/RP as one before and now it's a great chance. Also sexy cheetah warrior girls  :P), and some of the NPCs around like Elenwen or some of the generic warriors/wizards have some tints I wouldn't call exactly right. Sometimes the end result makes them look like they have some paint/dirt stains over their faces and they have yet to clean them up; the tint colors and combinations that actually look natural are few and far between, and are mostly due to no tints being applied at all or them being too faint to be clearly visible. Or at least that's my experience.

For Lykaios tints, I guess an option would be to define specific tint combinations/sets and choose one of them at random when processing each NPC. As for examples of sets, combining the Lykaios nose, ear and "neck"/head tints in black, you can get a pretty decent husky-ish look; also that Bernese Mountain Dog look you made for one of the yarls was nice as well.

Bad Dog, did you implement the new schlong swap method i gave you? Just curious, as I sort of wanted to do another YAoS playthrough, but my current mod setup uses that swapping method we made.

Or did you do the register levels version you were talking about?

Nevermind, judging by the scripts in 3.0 I see you're registering schlongs via StorageUtil

post-62699-0-02579300-1504736554_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-40489000-1504736570_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-97860000-1504736596_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-99413500-1504736613_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-25698300-1504736644_thumb.pngpost-62699-0-40951100-1504736658_thumb.png

Mentioned it before, but this mod Skyrim - Player Re-Voiced - Elven Races Complete - Male - DG-DB-HF Compatible works very well with this character. Does not even need an .esp with MO(just make sure the .bsa is checked in the Archive tab).

Also, would Immersive College of Winterhold need a patch, or would just moving around the mod/plugin be fine? Planning to use it for my other character - likely a Dunmer/Panther. 

Bad Dog, apologies if this isn't the proper place to ask, but I was wondering if any of the improvements made in regards to using a digitgrade stance, skeleton improvements, etc, will be brought over to your  Compleat Khajiit mod?

Compleat Khajiit hasn't been updated since last August, and as I was reading through this thread I noted (or I thought I did) that improvements were made in regards to the aforementioned areas after the last update to the Compleat Khajiit mod.

I figured since your working on this mod, and the thread seems pretty active, I might as well ask. In my opinion you have the best digitgrade Khajiit mod I've seen so far, and I would hate for it to miss out on all of the improvements made in the area.

Every other digitgrade mod just doesn't seem to get it right.  :(

Bad Dog, did you implement the new schlong swap method i gave you? Just curious, as I sort of wanted to do another YAoS playthrough, but my current mod setup uses that swapping method we made.

Nevermind, judging by the scripts in 3.0 I see you're registering schlongs via StorageUtil

Yes, I tried to make the other mechanism work but (1) it was being wonky in a way I don't remember now and (2) I couldn't find any vanilla scripts that added a script to an armor and extended Armor rather than ObjectReference. That and the error that got thrown made me leery of that mechanism.

I could also have used SOS's mechanism of adding the formIDs to an empty form in the ESP. But I couldn't see any strong reason not to use StorageUtil. Most users of this mod will have SL, and PapyrusUtil is pretty widely used.

Also, would Immersive College of Winterhold need a patch, or would just moving around the mod/plugin be fine? Planning to use it for my other character - likely a Dunmer/Panther. 

Best to have a patch. I made one, and I'll upload it. I was waiting on the next round because there's some facegenning involved.

Bad Dog, apologies if this isn't the proper place to ask, but I was wondering if any of the improvements made in regards to using a digitgrade stance, skeleton improvements, etc, will be brought over to your  Compleat Khajiit mod?

Ya, I'm thinking to release all the new races as standalones--either as a Unique PC for the cheetah and sabrelion, or as updates to the base race for argonian and khajiit.

Yes, I tried to make the other mechanism work but (1) it was being wonky in a way I don't remember now and (2) I couldn't find any vanilla scripts that added a script to an armor and extended Armor rather than ObjectReference. That and the error that got thrown made me leery of that mechanism.

I could also have used SOS's mechanism of adding the formIDs to an empty form in the ESP. But I couldn't see any strong reason not to use StorageUtil. Most users of this mod will have SL, and PapyrusUtil is pretty widely used.

I'm pretty sure that wonkiness was just papyrus throwing a harmless error, and the method worked soundly from what i've tested. But you've made a way to make it easier on modders so that they only have to use a modified SOS script instead of applying the same script 4 times over on the 4 armors, and if you said it was acting wonky upon testing, then I leave it to your judgement, as I haven't been playing skyrim as of recent.

It's better the way it is now, good job smile.png

Hey, I'm finally back home! And I've already downloaded and installed the 3.0 beta and taken it for a spin. Couldn't play for long, just some testing and character preset creation (had to update my old presets and create new ones for the new races). Any in-depth comments or suggestions will have to wait for a bit because I still have plenty of RL stuff to do and I haven't finished setting up my next mod list (including SL), but I have some quick comments so far:

Not to pester you just as you have come back, but Bad Dog has a new schlong system coming soon, will you be updating Shark Race for it?

Not to pester you just as you have come back, but Bad Dog has a new schlong system coming soon, will you be updating Shark Race for it?

Was going to post about it in the shark race thread itself sometime later (got some stuff to say there and elsewhere and very little time ATM), but as a quick reply, yes, I asked BD about how to update.

Didn't work the first time around, though, but I'll try again in case I borked it somehow during the process. Otherwise, if it still doesn't work, I'll speak with BD and see if we can get it fixed.

Post a log, it's pretty noisy. Should be able to see the problem from that.

Okay, I created exact duplicates of the quests from YiffyAgeSchlongs in my Shark Race plugin using TES5Edit and manually changed the references to point to my own ones. So if the YA schlongs work, and my setup is identical to your own one, it should work. And yet it doesnt.

Here's my log: Papyrus.0.log Tested on a new game with only the race mod and its basic requirements like SOS (so no YA or any other mods).

The most relevant parts are these:

[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] Caught animation event: SOSBend-1 on [Actor < (00000014)>]
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] (HandleAnimationEvent) Actor: [Actor < (00000014)>] equipped pelvis: [Armor < (090488EC)>]
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] Actor has BD schlong
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] Equipping erection level 4 on [Actor < (00000014)>]
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] (EquipSchlong) Actor: [Actor < (00000014)>] equipped pelvis: [Armor < (090488EC)>]
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] GetSchlong from list size 4
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] Current schlong not in schlong list
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] No new genitals for actor [Actor < (00000014)>]
[09/07/2017 - 05:56:31PM] [BDSchlongs] Setting new erection level: SOSBend-1 

This repeats over and over whenever a SOS animevent is sent.

So it seems like it doesn't recognize the schlong as being on the list (even though it does recognize it as a BD schlong), and thus doesn't know what other stage to equip, so it skips it altogether. The scripts are the ones from YA without any changes at all, and the FormLists are setup exactly as they were in YiffyAgeSchlongs.esp (a BDSchlongs FormList with all 4 Armors and also a _Levels FormList for the Sheath schlong, both including all four levels in order P0->P3->P4->P1). Also earlier in the log there's a message about the schlong list having been registered, and the FormID points to the proper record, so in theory they have actually been registered.

Any ideas on what could cause this?

Edited by Blaze69

[...]

Nevermind, turns out I'm stupid :unsure:. When I created the _Levels FormList in the CK, I selected the "ArmorAddon" filter instead of the "Armor" one, but as the names for the Armor entries and the AAs for the shark schlong are very similar, I didn't notice the mistake and thus filled the list with the wrong records. I didn't think the whole thing could have been caused by such a stupid mistake, and even though I checked the lists a few times, I only took a quick glance at the names; since they looked like they were right, I assumed they were. Derp.

Anyway, sharks sheaths are now functional again. Yay! I'll post an update with this and other already-mentioned stuff over the weekend, probably.

Hey Bad Dog, I remember you (or somebody...) said something about having troubles with the Orc blood spatter on the loading page model. I dunno if this helps, but I just got the loading screen. I rotated the model, and I noticed there is a shiny spot where the blood would be splattered. It could be you got it on there, but you didn't get the red on there. I don't know anything about it, but I hope this helps.

[...]

Nevermind, turns out I'm stupid unsure.png. When I created the _Levels FormList in the CK, I selected the "ArmorAddon" filter instead of the "Armor" one, but as the names for the Armor entries and the AAs for the shark schlong are very similar, I didn't notice the mistake and thus filled the list with the wrong records. I didn't think the whole thing could have been caused by such a stupid mistake, and even though I checked the lists a few times, I only took a quick glance at the names; since they looked like they were right, I assumed they were. Derp.

Anyway, sharks sheaths are now functional again. Yay! I'll post an update with this and other already-mentioned stuff over the weekend, probably.

Are you going to be including a copy of the Bad Dog Schlong quest inside Shark Race? Or are you going to make Bad Dog Hoodie Schlongs a requirement? After all, the new update to BDHS is to make sure that if one wants to add a new schlong, they don't need to have their own copy of the BDHS quest running and taking up resources.

Are you going to be including a copy of the Bad Dog Schlong quest inside Shark Race? Or are you going to make Bad Dog Hoodie Schlongs a requirement? After all, the new update to BDHS is to make sure that if one wants to add a new schlong, they don't need to have their own copy of the BDHS quest running and taking up resources.

Yep, I packed in a copy. The scripts are there too, but since they are identical to the ones in YA (and I assume the same will apply to Hoodies), there shouldn't be any problem with overwriting. That way the base race mod can be used without YA or Hoodies; I like to keep requirements for mods as limited as possible, and in this case, I think it's worth the trouble of the extra script load.

Otherwise, I guess I could edit the Follower plugin (which includes YA as a requirement) to force the SOS Addon quest to plug into YA's setup instead of the standalone one. AFAIK that should get rid of the extra running quest/scripts but the schlongs should still work.

While we are at it, BD, what would it take to do so? Is it just changing the references from the standalone BDSOSSchlongsQuest to the one included in YA (and disabling/deleting the standalone one), or do I have to do any other edits?

Yep, I packed in a copy. The scripts are there too, but since they are identical to the ones in YA (and I assume the same will apply to Hoodies), there shouldn't be any problem with overwriting. That way the base race mod can be used without YA or Hoodies; I like to keep requirements for mods as limited as possible, and in this case, I think it's worth the trouble of the extra script load.

Otherwise, I guess I could edit the Follower plugin (which includes YA as a requirement) to force the SOS Addon quest to plug into YA's setup instead of the standalone one. AFAIK that should get rid of the extra running quest/scripts but the schlongs should still work.

While we are at it, BD, what would it take to do so? Is it just changing the references from the standalone BDSOSSchlongsQuest to the one included in YA (and disabling/deleting the standalone one), or do I have to do any other edits?

The whole point of that schlong registration was to make sure that you wouldn't need to include a copy of the quest in the first place undecided.gif

TBH we need all the resources we can get when it comes to script load and having to swap schlongs on the fly. Having two Bad Dog Hoodie Schlong quests running at the same time taking events and handling them in the same exact way is just a waste of resources, which is why the new registration was created.

Just having the one quest run in BDHS would be great, even if it would require an external requirement. I'm sure players would rather have to download a BDHS framework, something that doesn't affect their modding experience too much, than have their scriptload increase for almost no reason if they also use BDHS/YiffyAge as well as Shark Race, which will most definitely can affect their experience. And knowing how heavily modded skyrim can be for mod users here, the less the unnecessary scriptload the better.

All it really takes is just to have your normal SOS_AddonQuest be set up with Bad Dog's SOS_Addon_BDQuest_Script instead of the one SOS provides. Then you just have to fill two properties: The formlist of the schlong levels, and the BDSOSSchlongQuest quest from Hoodies/YiffyAge. As a user of your Shark Race and BadDog Hoodie Schlongs, I wouldn't mind having the framework version of BDHS be a requirement for Shark Race, as it would save the aforementioned resources for other scripts to use.

And I assume that Bad Dog will make BDHS into an ESM so that way you can easily set it as a master file and be done with it. But I'm not sure if BD did that yet or will do that at all. I hope he does.

The whole point of that schlong registration was to make sure that you wouldn't need to include a copy of the quest in the first place undecided.gif

Even if I did that, Hoodies Schlongs has not yet been updated, and I'm in no way going to press BD into doing so. The most I could do at the moment would be to disable the sheath schlong in the main race plugin (leaving only the standard human-style one) and include it in the Follower plugin instead hooking into YA's system.

But then again, I don't know how many users don't use YA but do use/want the sheathing schlongs, so maybe that's not a bad idea. We'll see.

Even if I did that, Hoodies Schlongs has not yet been updated, and I'm in no way going to press BD into doing so. The most I could do at the moment would be to disable the sheath schlong in the main race plugin (leaving only the standard human-style one) and include it in the Follower plugin instead hooking into YA's system.

But then again, I don't know how many users don't use YA but do use/want the sheathing schlongs, so maybe that's not a bad idea. We'll see.

Having the BDHS-Dependent sheath schlong be a separate ESP addon for SharkRace would be what I'd do. Then I would have the Followers ESP require the Sheath schlong, if the characters in the followers ESP needed it.

Also, waiting until BDHS gets the new system before updating SharkRace is what I'd do.

But don't let me tell you how to make your mods, alright? Do what you think works out best. wink.png

Having the BDHS-Dependent sheath schlong be a separate ESP addon for SharkRace would be what I'd do. Then I would have the Followers ESP require the Sheath schlong, if the characters in the followers ESP needed it.

Also, waiting until BDHS gets the new system before updating SharkRace is what I'd do.

But don't let me tell you how to make your mods, alright? Do what you think works out best. wink.png

Huh, now that I think about it, I could do both things.

Have a setup with the sheath schlong in the Follower plugin hooking into YA's Hoodies system, and also have an optional plugin that includes Hoodie Schlongs as a master and implements it as well. Then users can choose one: if they use YA, they can get the Followers plugin, and if they don't use it but still want the sheath, they can install BDHS and use the optional plugin instead (but not both at the same time). This also has an extra benefit: those that don't use YA and only want the human-style schlongs don't get the extra script load from the Hoodies system. It's an extra plugin to create, but it seems like a (mostly) win-win situation. I'll think about it.

I want to release an update soon, at least to post the stuff I've shown/announced already so long ago like the new NPCs and the seam-blended male textures. If I finally decide to go for it, It will probably be for the main (YA) version of the mod only, so I can do the Follower plugin thing right away.

BTW, we should probably drop the topic already. We are kinda hijacking this thread, lol; this discussion is better kept to the shark race thread itself  :s.

I'm more worried about catching the animation events twice. I think you could have two schlong quests running and they won't conflict and they will share one schlong list nicely through StorageUtil. But they will both catch the events, they'll both try to update the schlongs, and I don't know what problems the race conditions might introduce.

Edit: I see CC said essentially that up above.

I'm not really tracking all the permutations, but for Hoodies: I could put the BDQuest into its own ESM with the hoodie schlongs in an ESP. Then any other schlongs that want to use the mechanism could build against the ESM without getting all of Hoodies. This is essentially what SOS does. 

Upside is more flexibiity for other mods, downside is an extra ESM. 

I'd probably include the ESM in YA so people don't have to futz with Hoodies if they're just doing YA. 

Worth doing?

I'm more worried about catching the animation events twice. I think you could have two schlong quests running and they won't conflict and they will share one schlong list nicely through StorageUtil. But they will both catch the events, they'll both try to update the schlongs, and I don't know what problems the race conditions might introduce.

Edit: I see CC said essentially that up above.

I'm not really tracking all the permutations, but for Hoodies: I could put the BDQuest into its own ESM with the hoodie schlongs in an ESP. Then any other schlongs that want to use the mechanism could build against the ESM without getting all of Hoodies. This is essentially what SOS does. 

Upside is more flexibiity for other mods, downside is an extra ESM. 

I'd probably include the ESM in YA so people don't have to futz with Hoodies if they're just doing YA. 

Worth doing?

I say yea it would be worth it. It'll simplify all the updates for sharkrace, especially for the follower plugins, and mod users can pick and choose what schlongs they want from the main Hoodies package.

But I think the most important parts would be that it'd save performance by only having one script handle the animation events, and so that other schlong mods that might add new staged schlongs to BDHS can be compatible with Yiffy Age as they'd all be using the one quest from a singular master file.

An extra ESM is a con that is outweighed by the pros.

Following Kuroyami's initiative, I shall now post my current WIP (albeit possibly final) male character. I give you... the Sabrecheetah:

attachicon.gifSabreCheetah_1.png attachicon.gifSabreCheetah_2.png attachicon.gifSabreCheetah_3.png

The result of a Sabrelion and a Cheetah getting naughty with each other, brought to you by the magic of RaceMenu's Sculpt Tools Elder Scrolls genetics. Don't yet have a lore-friendly name for him (not sure whether to go for Orcish or Aldmeri) nor a defined backstory, though. The wildling/Forswown theme is only because I was testing the Barbarian Male outfit at the moment and it seemed appropiate.

I wasn't sure whether to go for cheetah or sabrelion for my new male character (female is going to be a sabrelioness, that's for sure; may post pics of her later). But while overall they look great, specially the head (kudos to Nightro for that :lol:!), I don't really like the look of the painted-on mane thing on sabrelions. As for cheetahs, while their heads are very accurate and cheetah-y, they didn't really fit my character design. So I figured there was a simple way to fix both issues: put a sabrelion head shape and mouth on a cheetah. And so far I'm very much liking the result.

@BadDog, incidentally, is there any chance you could come up with a mane-less sabrelion texture? It looks alright with an actual mane hairstyle over it, but anything else makes it look a bit weird. We could do what I suggested earlier and have Orc chiefs use the maned textures via the WornArmor/Custom skin method while the "regular" and PC Orcs (aka the race default) get the maneless texture, with maybe an option to replace the maneless with the maned one for those that may want their character to have it. Just a suggestion, though :shy:.

As for the digi-planti thing, seems like it's indeed possible to change between the two by enabling or disabling the patch file. Planti characters work fine, and if you load a digi setup afterwards, the height increase and downscaling are properly applied and the system seems to kick in as intended when sitting and such. The only problem is SL anims.

SL animations are a problem and I'm open to suggestions. SL is supposed to have a fix built in, but what I find is that the PC tends to be off by a good bit. NPCs are mostly fine. Maybe SL is treating NPCs differently? I could/should disable the height adjust in my script, since I'm catching the SL events anyway. That way the behavior would be consistent.

Yeah, I was about to type this. Scenes involving the player seem to be misaligned somehow, with the PC being higher or lower than the other character(s). Not sure how to go around that, but your idea sounds like it may work.

Will post later if I have more comments or bug reports. Or some pics of my sabrelioness, as mentioned above. Whatever happens first :P.

Nice screenshots. Which mod is the loincloth from?