Amazing mod! I've been following this for a while and am thoroughly impressed.

If I may make a suggestion, would it be possible to incorporate this;  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40043/? (Muscular Khajiit textures & Skeletons) such that it affects the other furry faces? I understand that it provides a higher resolution texture for the fur, and is compatible with markings etc (probably pending modification, however, for each race).  At the moment I've made it replace all the Khajiit appropriately, and happily report 100% compatibility with Yiffy Age :) It would be awesome to have this muscled bodytype on the wolf races, for example!

Cheer; and thanks!

I'm also thinking to pull out all the new races and make them available as separate playable races after 3.0 comes out.

That's that thing I've been hoping for the most since I arrived, albeit with your argonians.  Sounds great.

And that muscular khajiit has some great looking clothing.

^^^ The color of the schlong looks different, does not match the body. Unfortunately I can not post Screenshot.  :-/

Yeah, that was to be expected, since Ronzo are, well, blue.

I guess it's possible to create a standalone version of the sheath schlong for use with that race just like the Lykaios Schlong does, though it would require new textures. That would be up to BadDog, but even if he agrees to do so, with all the work pending for 3.0 I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon, if ever.

On a side note, I kinda like the beast feet and some other details from that race (like the body fur or the claws), but everything else puts me off. The standard/original race is a bit too "cartoony berserker" for my taste (I guess it comes from the fact that they come from FF), and the other two versions are female only and lean too much towards "human female with animal traits". Asset and folder organization was a huge mess as well last time I checked, and that's not good either.

^^^ The color of the schlong looks different, does not match the body. Unfortunately I can not post Screenshot.  :-/

Yeah, that was to be expected, since Ronzo are, well, blue.

I guess it's possible to create a standalone version of the sheath schlong for use with that race just like the Lykaios Schlong does, though it would require new textures. That would be up to BadDog, but even if he agrees to do so, with all the work pending for 3.0 I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon, if ever.

On a side note, I kinda like the beast feet and some other details from that race (like the body fur or the claws), but everything else puts me off. The standard/original race is a bit too "cartoony berserker" for my taste (I guess it comes from the fact that they come from FF), and the other two versions are female only and lean too much towards "human female with animal traits". Asset and folder organization was a huge mess as well last time I checked, and that's not good either.

Thanks for the answer :shy: , I hope one day will happen ... for now I will settle for standard schlong ^_^ .

Gah, grr, growl. These Citrus heads are a pain in the butt.

It turns out the weight painting problem wasn't theirs--somehow I screwed up the weights. Easy to copy the weights in Outfit Studio, I'm getting fond of that program.

BUT the morphs for the females are worse screwed up than the morphs for the males. The ears get chewed up on some of the expressions, the whiskers don't move with the muzzle except when just the first section moves so the whisker kinks when the character talks, AND a half-dozen vertices on the muzzle are just out of place on all the expression and phoneme morphs.

So I spend HOURS getting them fixed up, including cleaning up the damn ears which are truly a mess, and export the tri file and... it doesn't work. Vertices don't match. Somewhere along the way I messed up and deleted or combined verticies, how I don't know. So it's all to do again. 

I'm trying to think if there's some way I could rescue this tri file and I don't think there is. I could use it as the base for a new head, but then it wouldn't match the other citrus heads so I'd have to start over anyway. 

Blech. So I grabbed a few photos to make myself feel better. Here they are. I'll do something tomorrow, which may be ignore the whole sorry business and come back to it at some future time.

post-441330-0-22418200-1500094207_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-26266600-1500094208_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-20380100-1500094209_thumb.jpg

post-441330-0-71018600-1500094210_thumb.jpg

Gah, grr, growl. These Citrus heads are a pain in the butt.

It turns out the weight painting problem wasn't theirs--somehow I screwed up the weights. Easy to copy the weights in Outfit Studio, I'm getting fond of that program.

BUT the morphs for the females are worse screwed up than the morphs for the males. The ears get chewed up on some of the expressions, the whiskers don't move with the muzzle except when just the first section moves so the whisker kinks when the character talks, AND a half-dozen vertices on the muzzle are just out of place on all the expression and phoneme morphs.

So I spend HOURS getting them fixed up, including cleaning up the damn ears which are truly a mess, and export the tri file and... it doesn't work. Vertices don't match. Somewhere along the way I messed up and deleted or combined verticies, how I don't know. So it's all to do again. 

I'm trying to think if there's some way I could rescue this tri file and I don't think there is. I could use it as the base for a new head, but then it wouldn't match the other citrus heads so I'd have to start over anyway. 

Blech. So I grabbed a few photos to make myself feel better. Here they are. I'll do something tomorrow, which may be ignore the whole sorry business and come back to it at some future time.

If your fine with it, I'll make a new one in a few days from the leopard Citrus heads, after the K9 feet. Just send me the saber teeth.

Gah, grr, growl. These Citrus heads are a pain in the butt. [...]

Yeah, unfortunately there is no way to rescue those morphs as far as I know :-/. Working with tris is a PITA, because you make a small mistake or press the wrong key by accident, and boom, all of your work goes away. All I can say is that next time you work on them, make sure to make regular backups of the .blend working file and constantly monitor the vertex count; that way, if something happens again, you can stop working on the broken file and go back to the latest working backup. Oh, well.

For what it may be worth, those pics look awesome  :shy:.

If your fine with it, I'll make a new one in a few days from the leopard Citrus heads, after the K9 feet. Just send me the saber teeth.

If I got it right, the Lion/Lioness heads are done already (and are the ones from the pics). The problem is the .tri files themselves, which would also have to be edited/fixed if you were to create new heads yourself, so that wouldn't help much (unless I'm mistaken).

Though if you are willing to/have time to work on new heads, perhaps you should look into creating new heads for the Kygarra? And maybe the Vaalsark too. At least the former are on the To Do list, and while I assume BD was going to work on those himself, if you were to get them done, that will probably come in handy. The latter is not exactly planned, but the more hi-poly/updated heads we can get for all of the races, the better. Maybe even the fox heads too (since those would be potentially used in the standalone Fox Race mod on your list). Just random thoughs, though; maybe BD has something to say on the topic.

Well, maybe I can see if it can get some detailed tweeking in zbrush. And I think the saber teeth can use some reshaping, or a new mesh. The teeth sould be thined out on the sides a bit, as well as angled outwards slightly which would also help with clipping on the chin. Also, are you going for the lion with smilodon k9 teeth look, or smilodon heads?

If you want to look at it, that would be fabulous. What I've been doing is correcting those verts, moving the whiskers to match the underlying muzzle movement, fixing the raggedness on the ears. Also, for your cats, I was correcting some of the ears because they were getting pointy like the original khajiit ears instead of staying round. But that should really be done separately since the khajiit need the pointy ears. I made an ambient occlusion texture from the head, which had black spots where the whiskers connect, to make positioning the whiskers easier.

Any part of that you want to do would be great. I'll send what I have. Meanwhile I'll play with hyenas.

Okay, go ahead and send them. I understand that you were trying to fix the weights on the whiskers, but how did you move them around? You would need to move the points underneth the head mesh too. I can have them as their own polygroup if need be and have full control over them. If they are messed up, I can easily replace them with the default ones while keeping the same polycount and verts.

No, the issue is the tri files. Facial expressions and speech are handled by shape keys stored in tri files, not by skeletons and bone weights. The Citrus guy did a tri file for his heads, but got lazy--if he moved the corner of the mouth and upper lip back and up for a smile, he didn't move the whiskers to go with the upper lip. 

If you're not up on the whole shape key thing and don't want to get into it, I'll circle back and deal at some point. I've discovered  there's a way to copy a set of verticies from one morph to another, which might make dealing with the damn ears easier.

No, the issue is the tri files. Facial expressions and speech are handled by shape keys stored in tri files, not by skeletons and bone weights. The Citrus guy did a tri file for his heads, but got lazy--if he moved the corner of the mouth and upper lip back and up for a smile, he didn't move the whiskers to go with the upper lip. 

If you're not up on the whole shape key thing and don't want to get into it, I'll circle back and deal at some point. I've discovered  there's a way to copy a set of verticies from one morph to another, which might make dealing with the damn ears easier.

Oh, so the thing about the whiskers was indeed what I thought it was. Neat. Seeing how the whiskers would twist and deform in such weird ways whenever a morph was applied was a bit jarring, good to hear you intend to work on them.

Working directly on the shapekeys requires Blender, so I don't think Nightro will be up for that. What he could do would be to export all of the different morphs as separate OBJ files using the TriExtract utility from the Nexus, work on them using ZBrush, and then repack them all back into a tri when they are finished. That would take some time, though; I guess that would be up to him.

I think I saw that process somewhere while doing research on Shape Keys, though I didn't pay attention, so I can't remember it, lol  :s. As a side note, I've finally learnt how to do texture baking/transfering a texture from a mesh to another, like the process you said you use to blend seams. It's very easy and smooth and also works better and faster than the 3DS Max one I know, that's great.

well fixing the ears per tri obj would be a lot of work. Repositioning the whiskers per tri would be some work, but much easier.

@Bad Dog -You somehow copied the lion morph to the Citrus head right? What about that other head option I mentioned a while back in a PM? The person who made that might have done the whiskers right. Maybe you can copy the morph inside bodyslide like you did with the cat like khajiit lion heads.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/75009-citrus-or-other-high-poly-head-for-sse/?p=1848791

Right. Since these are all based on Citrus, they all have the same number and order of verts--otherwise they'd need a whole new set of morphs generated. And Outfit Studio can take any mesh and change it into any other mesh with the same number of verts. So all I did was take your cheetah head, load it up with the sabre khajiit head, and deform the cheetah to the shape of the sabre khajiit. All the morphs still work. 

For the ears, I'm thinking it's better to just start over. Copy the base ears to the surpirse morph and warp them to the surprise shape. It's not quite that easy, but close.

My vert count for the tri file I messed up is off by one. One damn deleted vertex and the whole thing goes blooey. 

Yeah...both the mouth and ears do seem to be chewed up and there is some odd streatching around the ears. Also, a bit of symmetry in those areas seem to be broken as well. I'm not sure what other work youv'e done to them or if it can be transfered, but it would be easier for me to just mimic the shape rather than try and fix it, then give it some more smilodon detail treatment. There is just too much tiny verts to move around on the upper ears to try and even out and has already been done and rounded on the leopard heads before I did the cheetahs. And even then, re-morphing the pointy eras to rounded ones would still be easier than trying to fix the chewed up ones.

@Nitro, agreed that trying to fix those is a pain. Dunno if it's easier or harder than starting from scratch. As I said, I just morphed your cheetah until it matched the sabrekhajiit head. I did't try to use that mesh as anything but a guide. But the citrus heads are a pain--UV isn't good, some verts have gone wandering, and I hate dealing with meshes that aren't fully connected.

@Blaze, holy abdominals Batman, those foxes gonna be ripped.

I went ahead and did a quick and dirty Kygarra from the Citrus heads also. These are redguards:

post-441330-0-97339400-1500167391_thumb.jpg post-441330-0-02735200-1500167393_thumb.jpg

No, Blaze worked up some fox textures for the Fennec race. I just got around to picking them up for the Bretons.

I'm feeling happy. Bretons are the last of the race swapping I have to do. When they're done it's just cleanup, really.