Argh, spent hours trying different enb configurations and none of them work. The injector does nothing, the wrapper either crashes or gives an error. It's probably too late to roll back the system version. I'm moving Skyrim back to the system disk--maybe something expects it to be there.

@Tykune I don't know and I'm too disgusted to look. Make sure you've enabled all the esps in the hair patch mod--there are a few.

Nope, did the same preset. Feet are very close, but not seamless in Zbrush. I can zoom in a lot. the _0 hands and body are pretty close, but was not the case for the _1 counterpart. The issue with the hands is that there is an extra poly on all sides indented inwards which I am assuming is to get rid of possible seams when morphing, but creates an uneven effect on the texture which causes a seam like effect.

Any edits I did in BodySlide was in body part specific sliders. Not other body presets like UNP Fitness for example.

Also, since the meshes are already separate, any morphing in BodySlide is highly likely to create seams to some degree. It's a modding tool as well, not a professional application so it's not perfect.

EDIT:

This is the hand_0 mesh. You can see a small poly layer indented on the right. Again, the hand_1 was much worse.

f49daebde399d9b21215659f12107af4.png

Oh, that seam is caused by vertex count mismatch across the seam. You said it yourself, that extra vertex does not have an equivalent in the hand, so while it can be roughly matched to where the middle of the corresponding hand edge is, it will never be a 100% absolute atom-scale match because of it.

I guess you could go the extra mile and match it yourself manually, but it may be a little too much. Whatever you prefer.

Weird thing is, while the hands are roughly as hi-poly as the body itself and match in vertex distribution, seems like the vertices at the seam were left out of that process and keep the vanilla vertex count instead. I would expect hands and feet to have been built matching the body 100%, but then again, it could have caused issues or seams with non-UUNP meshes, specially from outfits and such, so I guess it was a matter of deciding which one to fit to, and they went for vanilla vertex count at the seam. Oh, well.

Not only do you want my UV layout but if you're going to muck with tris you want my fix to the surprise morph. I dunno what happened there but that was a mess and a PITA to fix.

I haven't loaded up Nitro's final version yet. I'll do that and get it sorted, then send along to you.

Sure. Send me the files and I'll see what I can do with them.

You can definitely fix those gaps. Snap the middle vertex to one of the ones that has a match, then setup a anchor on the opposite vertex and scale it to move it back to the middle. Or if the editor supports it, slide on the edge.

So, I managed to get my Skyrim running and working.. but I am having a few issues. The first one being that orcs do not have a furry model, or at least they're the only ones that did not change. I am not sure what the cause of this is. Second, KS Hairdos appears to be purple as if the texture is missing?

Orcs are orcs. I like orcs. They have hooves and might have gotten a tail, but we're turning them into a sabrecat race instead.

Dunno about the missing textures. Maybe you didn't install KS Hairdos? Likely we need the texture files from that mod.

Orcs are orcs. I like orcs. They have hooves and might have gotten a tail, but we're turning them into a sabrecat race instead.

Dunno about the missing textures. Maybe you didn't install KS Hairdos? Likely we need the texture files from that mod.

I think it may have been because KS Hairdos was below Yiffy Age Consolidated which I fixed, but I will check to see if that was the case. But do orcs have a sabercat texture now, or is that a thing in the future?

EDIT: Do the esps for hairdos go above or below YiffyAgeConsolidated.esp?

Quick question- I figured I'd post this here as I'd guess a couple of the regulars in this thread would have an idea.

Is it possible to have a shape inherit skin color but not skin texture?  As far as I'm aware, the "Skin Tint" shader will inherit both, if applicable.

One thing I've tried is changing the shader on one of my shapes from "skin tint" to "default" to prevent it from inheriting the skin texture and, oddly, that consistently produces an in-game CTD- any ideas as to why that would be?  Is it not possible to have several shader types on the same model partition? 

I'm essentially trying to produce a SoS-light model with bits that use their own textures.  Problem is that combining everything in one model results in every shape using the skin texture and treating the bits as a separate model means that they'd have to have their own biped partition as to not conflict with the torso (which unfortunately also means they'll stick through armor).

Only thing I can think of at this point would be to modify the UVs of the meshes to have them share a texture- so I'd have to convert them and re-weight everything (plus texture resolution could end up wonky... and I really don't like skinning).

Any ideas from the brilliant minds here?

I think it may have been because KS Hairdos was below Yiffy Age Consolidated which I fixed, but I will check to see if that was the case. But do orcs have a sabercat texture now, or is that a thing in the future?

The load order doesn't matter, the point is to have the textures from KS Hairs in their corresponding paths. Try installing the full KS mod again, and then install the YA hair patch over it as well.

The YiffyAgeHairPatch.esp should (obviously) load after both YA and the hair mods.

Quick question- I figured I'd post this here as I'd guess a couple of the regulars in this thread would have an idea.

Is it possible to have a shape inherit skin color but not skin texture?  [...]

Nope, just not possible. If you want to do something similar to SOS Lite, you need the schlong meshes to use the same texture/UV as the body does. (Which is exactly how SOS Lite is setup, mind you).

But do orcs have a sabercat texture now, or is that a thing in the future?

I have to make the heads and teeth models first. Currently, the only race in the works are Cheetahs which I am guessing will replace the high elves. Look back a few pages for model pictures. Bad Dog also posted a pic of the male texture. For any info on Khajiit head variants I will be making or already made, look here.

The load order doesn't matter, the point is to have the textures from KS Hairs in their corresponding paths. Try installing the full KS mod again, and then install the YA hair patch over it as well.

The YiffyAgeHairPatch.esp should (obviously) load after both YA and the hair mods.

Is it possible to have a shape inherit skin color but not skin texture?  [...]

Nope, just not possible. If you want to do something similar to SOS Lite, you need the schlong meshes to use the same texture/UV as the body does. (Which is exactly how SOS Lite is setup, mind you).

Tried it, still having the same issue. Should I take screenshots of the hair textures giving me issues?

Tried it, still having the same issue. Should I take screenshots of the hair textures giving me issues?

No need. I'm sure we all know what it looks like. Are you using Racemenu?

Hopefully your using Mod Organizer. NMM likes to delete stuff when overwriting files. Although, the hair texture problem can still occur for MO depending on order or a corrupt mod download. In MO, try messing with the load order. Try letting skyhair overwrite KS hairs, yiffyage, then the patch. Although I could be wrong, because I never used YiffyAge.

Also, (Important) let Loot organizes your esp order. If anything that needs to be ordered a certain way that loot will mess up, lock down the esp before hand. Yiffyage is considered an NPC overhaul mod and is best to just let it overwrite anything it may use. Even if there is a patch.

No need. I'm sure we all know what it looks like. Are you using Racemenu?

Hopefully your using Mod Organizer. NMM likes to delete stuff when overwriting files. Although, that problem can still occur. In MO, try messing with the load order. Try letting skyhair overwrite KS hairs, yiffyage, then the patch. Although I could be wrong, because I never used YiffyAge.

Also, (Important) let Loot organizes your esp order. If anything that needs to be ordered a certain way that loot will mess up, lock down the esp before hand. Yiffyage is considered an NPC overhaul mod and is best to just let it overwrite anything it may use. Even if there is a patch.

A little update. It seems I have narrowed the issue down to ApachiiSkyHair, so I looked into the issue and found.. behold, you must download the main 1.6, AND female 1.5, and male 1.2 optional mods as well, for the YiffyAgeHairPatch to work.

On a separate note, and I doubt there is any good way of going about it, but would there be any way to get higher res skins for the YAoS mod races?

On a separate note, and I doubt there is any good way of going about it, but would there be any way to get higher res skins for the YAoS mod races?

That is up to Bad Dog. I don't know what resolutions he has available, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't use anything extreme because of his rig. Although, I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be able to test one 4K texture at a time, and hopefully 4K will be available for cheetahs. I personally like to use 4K on skins and 2K for everything else.

As I said, I don't know what texture resolutions he has available. If it is a normal map issue you are referring to (because most fur based bodies don't have great normal maps), the mesh detail will likely have to be made in a better application than Blender, like Zbrush which I am the only one here that currently uses. Likely I will only do khajiit bodies in the future with heads in progress. Khajiit tails have already been made, but not ready for use.

I'm not talking about the specularity, resolution does make a huge difference on granular repeated textures regardless, esp on the normals; the caveat being it's also exponentially more work unless you have specific tools at hand, ala SP or NDO.

I'm not talking about the specularity, resolution does make a huge difference on granular repeated textures regardless, esp on the normals; the caveat being it's also exponentially more work unless you have specific tools at hand, ala SP or NDO.

Maybe it's an engine problem. Resolution plays very little to no effect depending on the intended effect of the texture in adding glossiness or a metallic effect in UE4. Normally if I wanted to fix this I would just add a multiplier node into metallic or specular and punch in a few digits, but don't fully understand how Skyrim textures work.

As for repeated textures, you wouldn't normally repeat or multiply textures for an organic model. They need to be made at 4K or higher from scratch, then just create lower texture resolution options for that model. It will just show less detail, especially when zooming in. Repeated textures or like you mentioned, 2k/4k x 2 or any number should only be used for walls, floors, ground, etc. Basically tiles/square textures. I think that's why you have problems with your Khajiit texture. I even noticed that the nose is the same exact color as the rest of the body. So in this case, it's not a resolution problem.

That's not MY panther there. Just sayin'. Dunno where you got it.

My first inclination would be to improve the textures themselves before worrying overmuch about resolution. Except the lykaios, the base textures we're working with are pretty low quality. Throwing more pixels at them isn't going to improve them much.

My first inclination would be to improve the textures themselves before worrying overmuch about resolution. Except the lykaios, the base textures we're working with are pretty low quality. Throwing more pixels at them isn't going to improve them much.

Exactly. If the best default texture for any organic model isn't that great to begin with then it's best to just remester it from scratch or start a new alternative one. multiplying is a no no. Accept for skin where it is all the same, but if it has skin pore details in a texture like a human skin and you multiply it, those pores might not be all that noticeable anymore. And definitely no if it has skin hair, hand and feet detail.

Unless the work you will be doing to improve them is very little, new textures might be best. Unless you bring it into a specific application where you can double or triple the resolution in certain areas without messing up the default pattern, you can try that. But it may also create odd square patterns and become somewhat of a puzzle.

EDIT:

For little work, My suggestion would be to bring the existing textures into an application and just add detail over it. In other words, remaster the existing textures and export it at a higher resolution.

Not implying that is was, just highlighting the rather obvious difference between 4K and 2K in regards to properly made textures, especially normals, the head textures are from scratch, the body is vanilla, hence the stark detail difference, of which fur granularity and detail will be a large multiplier.

For little work, My suggestion would be to bring the existing textures into an application and just add detail over it. In other words, remaster the existing textures and export it at a higher resolution.

Never looks good at high resolutions, human eyeballs are very good recognizing patterns and blowing up textures produces moire' like a motherfucker. Pureskin is a great example of this. Looks fine at 1080, looks like literal pixellated skin cancer at 4K, and no amount of enb can cover it up.

Never looks good at high resolutions, human eyeballs are very good recognizing patterns and blowing up textures produces moire' like a motherfucker. Pureskin is a great example of this. Looks fine at 1080, looks like literal pixellated skin cancer at 4K, and no amount of enb can cover it up.

I'm not saying to blow up a texture, as in low resolution to higher resolution. I'm saying to add good enough detail in an application to where it looks good enough to export at a specific resolution (4K). As in it's edited and rendered for 4K. Then you can also export it at a lower resolution which is the opposite of blowing up a texture and yields better results for those lower resolutions because it was edited/created at a higher resolution.

When properly making an organic texture at 4K like detail or higher, you can export at that resolution and have it look good. Then you can export it at a lower resolution which will make it more blurry when zooming in. It's not the same as multiplying or the reverse of a texture. And I'm not saying to turn a 1080p texture to 4k. In fact it's quite the opposite. And there is no need to even attempt to blow up a texture if your going to be adding detail to the texture.

Take the high resolution cheetah head I made earlier, don't you think that as a normal map deserves an option at a resolution higher than 1080p? I don't know what Higher than 1080p resolutions you've been looking at, but they obviously weren't made correctly for that resolution, because 4K is a popular thing and If all high resolutions had pixel cancer as you stated, then it wouldn't be popular. But everyone has their opinions. It may also depend on what size and type of display you are using.

IN SHORT - I'm talking about creating a new layer over the old and maybe touching the colors up a bit. It's about remastering/directly editing the texture, not manipulating it without touching the paint brush.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that. Use photoshop to add fur detail but with the same underlying color. There are blend modes for that.

Funny you should mention this. That's exactly what I did with my custom khajiit textures.

I'm not saying to blow up a texture, as in low resolution to higher resolution. I'm saying to add good enough detail in an application to where it looks good enough to export at a specific resolution (4K). As in it's edited and rendered for 4K. Then you can also export it at a lower resolution which is the opposite of blowing up a texture and yields better results for those lower resolutions because it was edited/created at a higher resolution.

When properly making an organic texture at 4K like detail or higher, you can export at that resolution and have it look good. Then you can export it at a lower resolution which will make it more blurry when zooming in. It's not the same as multiplying or the reverse of a texture. And I'm not saying to turn a 1080p texture to 4k. In fact it's quite the opposite. And there is no need to even attempt to blow up a texture if your going to be adding detail to the texture.

Take the high resolution cheetah head I made earlier, don't you think that as a normal map deserves an option at a resolution higher than 1080p? I don't know what Higher than 1080p resolutions you've been looking at, but they obviously weren't made correctly for that resolution, because 4K is a popular thing and If all high resolutions had pixel cancer as you stated, then it wouldn't be popular. But everyone has their opinions. It may also depend on what size and type of display you are using.

IN SHORT - I'm talking about creating a new layer over the old and maybe touching the colors up a bit. It's about remastering/directly editing the texture, not manipulating it without touching the paint brush.

Nightro - my own experiments indicate that as long as your normal map matches pretty well with the diffuse details, using the game's textures as a base for coloration / patterns can work out very well.

Nightro - my own experiments indicate that as long as your normal map matches pretty well with the diffuse details, using the game's textures as a base for coloration / patterns can work out very well.

Oh, okay. But the main topic is about Bad Dog making/improving better textures for the lykaios race at a higher resolution. Not the cheetah textures. I don't have plans for making a high poly mesh for the lykaios race.

@Bad Dog - I'm starting to think that a separate forum page dedicated to the mods development might be a good idea. You can also provide a link in the description for those that want to keep track of it's development. too much clutter for a support topic lol.  :P