Mehrunes Shrine didn't have normals calculated for the vertices on the penis, and so there was no snow detail on the penor. I fixed that and also applied the NIF transformations and increased the radius of the bounding box so that rendering bugs don't crop up.

image.thumb.png.a56a1c5df3abbcb8865e0c04570f3b43.png

shrinemehrunes01.nif

By the way, I miss the old orcs. Is there no foreseeable future in making them a new custom race, just like what was done with the furry mod races that were used as the basis for the modified vanilla races?

Thanks, I'll include this in the next version. 

What does the bounding box have to do with rendering?

Part of the problem with re-introducing orcs or any other humanoid race is that all the helmets have been changed so that the human and elf races use the beast version. That way the race can use  gloves and torso armor as is. So any humanoid race can't just copy the nord or imperial armor assignments--they will have to add their own race to all the armor records. (Or use the manakin or skeleton race, and I don't know what the implications of that would be.)

Thinking about this, I suppose it would have been possible to change the races to all follow the khajiit armor assignments. The problem there is that some of the helmets have to be tailored to the race to account for differences in muzzle and jaw width. Also there would have to be a special accommodation for schlongs--probably a different SOS schlong for each race. 

If I was going to do a special rescue-the-orcs version it would probably be a patch reverting the orc race to humanoid, setting their armor race to manakin. I'd have to make sure the manakin race is properly assigned up and down the line, and have it use the orc variant of helmets where there is one. I'd have to check the headparts form lists and make sure that they work right with and without the patch. If orcs are to have hooves I'd include those assets, which is no big deal. They already have their own schlong. And maybe I'd give them a warthog tail because they need one.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

[...]

Remember DefaultRace is also still untouched and points to humanoid meshes for the gear, or at least that's how it's supposed to work. Worst case scenario, you could point them to that race as ArmorRace and be done with it.

Though I agree it's better to go for MannakinRace, since that way you isolate Orcs and can give them their own meshes without screwing up other humanoid races that may be using DefaultRace and which are actually compatible with YA as of now.

Also +1 on the warthog tails and hooves.

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Thanks, I'll include this in the next version. 

What does the bounding box have to do with rendering?

Part of the problem with re-introducing orcs or any other humanoid race is that all the helmets have been changed so that the human and elf races use the beast version. That way the race can use  gloves and torso armor as is. So any humanoid race can't just copy the nord or imperial armor assignments--they will have to add their own race to all the armor records. (Or use the manakin or skeleton race, and I don't know what the implications of that would be.)

Thinking about this, I suppose it would have been possible to change the races to all follow the khajiit armor assignments. The problem there is that some of the helmets have to be tailored to the race to account for differences in muzzle and jaw width. Also there would have to be a special accommodation for schlongs--probably a different SOS schlong for each race. 

If I was going to do a special rescue-the-orcs version it would probably be a patch reverting the orc race to humanoid, setting their armor race to manakin. I'd have to make sure the manakin race is properly assigned up and down the line, and have it use the orc variant of helmets where there is one. I'd have to check the headparts form lists and make sure that they work right with and without the patch. If orcs are to have hooves I'd include those assets, which is no big deal. They already have their own schlong. And maybe I'd give them a warthog tail because they need one.

The bounding box is basically the box that is a simple geometric box that tells the engine whether or not to render the trishape. Typically this bounding box encompasses all the vertices of the mesh so that the mesh doesn't get culled from rendering too "early", and disappear when the player isn't directly viewing the mesh. When the renderer sees that the bounding box is not within view of the Player's view, the mesh simply doesn't get rendered to save performance.

The bounding box for the schlong on the statue was, for some reason, not completely encompassing the mesh's tris. So I took the radius it had, roughly quadrupled it, and now the schlong renders properly. It's not an exact science, since NifSkope doesn't show the bounding box, but I tested it in-game at extreme angles and it works.

Also, yeah I see what you mean about the orcs having issues with armor addons. Is it possible to copy the pre-sabre-cat orc race record into a blank esp via TESVEdit, then set that race's armor race to manikin?

1 minute ago, Chosen Clue said:

Is it possible to copy the pre-sabre-cat orc race record into a blank esp via TESVEdit, then set that race's armor race to manikin?

I don't think so, things like the orc skin and textures got changed up and down the line so mods with orcs would properly turn into sabrecats. It's gonna take work. Plus you loose sabrecats.

Also, I'm doing birds.

29 minutes ago, Chosen Clue said:

Also, yeah I see what you mean about the orcs having issues with armor addons. Is it possible to copy the pre-sabre-cat orc race record into a blank esp via TESVEdit, then set that race's armor race to manikin?

*Sabre-LION. Though to be honest I wouldn't mind having an alternate texture/setup for them actually (and completely) based on Skyrim's Sabre Cats. With short bobcat tails and all.

Anyway, I was going to explain what needed to be done but Bad Dog summarized it pretty well, so we'll leave it at that.

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

*Sabre-LION. Though to be honest I wouldn't mind having an alternate texture/setup for them actually (and completely) based on Skyrim's Sabre Cats. With short bobcat tails and all.

Anyway, I was going to explain what needed to be done but Bad Dog summarized it pretty well, so we'll leave it at that.

Hey, it's been a while since I've used Yiffy Age, let alone played skyrim. Could you really blame me for not remembering the kind of big cat they were changed into? :tongue:

10 hours ago, Chosen Clue said:

Hey, it's been a while since I've used Yiffy Age, let alone played skyrim. Could you really blame me for not remembering the kind of big cat they were changed into? :tongue:

Fair enough. Just wanted to clarify... and mention the bit about actual sabre cat textures :classic_rolleyes:.

8 hours ago, thirtyeight said:

I hope that if original orcs are returned, its done in a way that's optional. I vastly prefer cat-orcs.

Pretty sure if it happens, it will only be an optional plugin separate from the main release. Bad Dog even specifically mentioned it being a patch if/when it happens.

8 hours ago, thirtyeight said:

PS: I feel sleezy asking this, but are there any bestiality mods that work for male characters?

Yeah, you should ask this in the SL section. Having said that, as a quick rundown, I can tell you one thing: if you want your character to be bottom and basically take the female role, you should be able to use some female-oriented beast mods with a male PC just fine outside of some minor quirks (audio/dialogue being intended for females and so on).

If you want your character to take the male role instead, there are animations for that (mostly by @MadMansGun, though there are some from other authors) but there isn't any mod  that implements them yet, so there isn't much to be done apart from using Matchmaker or maybe Hentai Creatures to simply watch the anims without any gameplay purpose or consequence at all.

Untamed. Untamed is fabulous if you want random bestiality in your life. The male-pitcher on creature-catcher anims work fine and for the rest, use lots of lube. 

I've got lots on my plate before retexturing the sabrelions. I totally love that race, so I'm not gonna feel much pressure to replace it.

22 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I've got lots on my plate before retexturing the sabrelions. I totally love that race, so I'm not gonna feel much pressure to replace it.

Hey, just a suggestion. I like the lions as much as anyone, but I like the vanilla design of the sabrecats too, and wouldn't mind having them as an anthro race (there's a WIP/resource texture for them over at Nexus already but it's pretty... rough and lacking in detail).

What I would like to have at some point is proper short/bobcat tails; so far I've been using the files posted by poblivion in Nightro's Race Mod thread (not sure where it came from), but that's pretty low poly. Tried rigging Nightro's own tail mesh but couldn't get it to look right either. So if you ever feel like giving it a shot, that would be great.

What fun are short tails? Consider stealing the hyena tail if you must.

I've been noodling on this: Few of the SL anims account for tails, which doesn't much matter for normal Skyrim but it's a drag with YA. I've been considering whether I could build some sort of aftermarket add-on which would handle the tail problem. 

Possible ways it could work, from best to easiest.

• Make a few tail anims that would position the tail correctly for the different sex anims. Wouldn't need too many--lifted high, laid up against the back, tucked off to one side, and that's about it. There's already a tail-to-the-side anim for one of (I think) Arrok's animations that could be repurposed. Then go through and assign a tail anim to each stage of each sex anim that needs a tail repositioned. As I understand it, tail anims are entirely separate from regular anims but are run simultaneously (which is where the "stiff tail" problem comes from--the engine can't find the tail anim file). So if I load up the tail anim file with anims for all the sex anims, the engine would find them and run them at the right time. As new sex anims come out they won't be supported, but nothing breaks--they just work the way they do now.
  • Reposition the tail using NiOverride, the same way the digitigrade stance is achieved. YA already catches anims and catches sex start/end. So repositioning the tail should be simple. Harder is to reposition it appropriately for the anim. It could be keyed to the animation, but then it won't support new animations. The repositioning can only be done once for the entire anim, so there'd have to be a choice about what position is the best compromise for all stages. More interesting would be to key it to the animation tags--e.g. doggy style would always position the receiver's tail off to the side, or something like that. 
  • Say fukkit and just make the tail vanish for the duration of sex. Maybe combine that with the above so that only the receiver's tail vanishes, or only vanishes in certain positions.

Thoughts? Does this bug other people as much as it does me?

32 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

• Make a few tail anims that would position the tail correctly for the different sex anims. Wouldn't need too many--lifted high, laid up against the back, tucked off to one side, and that's about it. There's already a tail-to-the-side anim for one of (I think) Arrok's animations that could be repurposed. Then go through and assign a tail anim to each stage of each sex anim that needs a tail repositioned. As I understand it, tail anims are entirely separate from regular anims but are run simultaneously (which is where the "stiff tail" problem comes from--the engine can't find the tail anim file). So if I load up the tail anim file with anims for all the sex anims, the engine would find them and run them at the right time. As new sex anims come out they won't be supported, but nothing breaks--they just work the way they do now.

i have already been testing that idea, MNC is my testing ground where i am already doing that by using my own tail animations.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/4903-3ds-max-tail-animation-guide/

i want to create a catalog of custom tail animations for others to use, i can make the animations, i just need to know what way to bend the tail, therefor i need to make a list of common poses used in animations.

41 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Well, I mean, when 99% of the game's gear and anims are designed for human/elves (aka non-tailed bipeds) and tails in the game can be described as an afterthought at best and a buggy mess at worst, having a short tail has all the benefits of not having a tail (no clipping, no tail impalement during sex, no tail-clipping-through-the-ground in poses) without the drawbacks of not having a tail (which are, wait for it, not having a tail, mainly).

Don't remember seeing any humanoid x humanoid anim with proper tail animation, Arrok's or otherwise. You are probably thinking of MadMansGun's anims, which do include tail anims but are all humanoid x creature anims (except for maybe the "Sexual Dragon Sacrifice" one which does have NPC on NPC action thrown in).

Yep, as far as I know all you need to do for tail anims to work is to give them the same name as the anim you want them to be used in and the game should play it automatically when the character plays said anim. You can ask @MadMansGun for a more in-depth explanation on how they work and/or how to create them if you want. So if you come up with a bunch of such multi-purpose tail anims and go through all of SL's anims assigning them where appropiate, it should take care of msot if not all bugs with tails in SL.

It would require some time and effort, though; you would have to first build those tail anims and then go through each and every stage of each SL anim and see which of your tail anims suit best. Maybe using soem of MMG's own tail anims would save some time, but there would still be plenty of work to do. Still, I'd say it would be completely worth it, so you have all my support on this :classic_shy:.

I recently made a post about it in the Shark Race thread. So yes, it bugs me as well, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

EDIT: ninja'd by MadMansGun.

@MMG - fabulous. If you're on it, I'll back off and let you do your thing. The only animation work I've done is to replace one of the standard idles with a toe-tapping animation just to prove I could do it. Also, right now I'm doing birds, did I mention?

There was an early rape animation where if the victim was a khajiit the tail lashed about like an angry cat. That was cute. I haven't seen it in a while tho. I was probably thinking of one of the werewolf or canine animations.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

There was an early rape animation where if the victim was a khajiit the tail lashed about like an angry cat. That was cute. I haven't seen it in a while tho. I was probably thinking of one of the werewolf or canine animations.

that's not ringing any bells, but lets concentrate on basic animations first before doing specialty work.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

@MMG - fabulous. If you're on it, I'll back off and let you do your thing. The only animation work I've done is to replace one of the standard idles with a toe-tapping animation just to prove I could do it. Also, right now I'm doing birds, did I mention?

Haven't seen that, but wish I had. I've never played skyrim with a tail-less character, and the sex animations causing my tail to go through someone has always bugged me. (That, and the normal tail animations are pretty mediocre. Playing FFXIV's Miqo'te reveals a huge gap in quality of tail animations.)

Short tail does not look so bad and in animations does not pass through the NPC. Unfortunately, the tail I have is very low poly. NightroModzz has created a new high poly. Blaze69 tried to adjust the new tail for use in the game, but unfortunately it did not work. Maybe Bad Dog could do it.

I attach an image of an old tail in the game and a low poly tail model.

In this thread you will find a new tail model: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/79732-race-mod-projects/

tail.jpg

femaletailkhajiit.nif

18 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Untamed. Untamed is fabulous if you want random bestiality in your life. The male-pitcher on creature-catcher anims work fine and for the rest, use lots of lube. 

I also totally love Saberlions, even if I use a slightly modified version. It's my favorite race.

16 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I've been noodling on this: Few of the SL anims account for tails, which doesn't much matter for normal Skyrim but it's a drag with YA. I've been considering whether I could build some sort of aftermarket add-on which would handle the tail problem. 

• Reposition the tail using NiOverride, the same way the digitigrade stance is achieved. YA already catches anims and catches sex start/end. So repositioning the tail should be simple. Harder is to reposition it appropriately for the anim. It could be keyed to the animation, but then it won't support new animations. The repositioning can only be done once for the entire anim, so there'd have to be a choice about what position is the best compromise for all stages. More interesting would be to key it to the animation tags--e.g. doggy style would always position the receiver's tail off to the side, or something like that. 
  • Say fukkit and just make the tail vanish for the duration of sex. Maybe combine that with the above so that only the receiver's tail vanishes, or only vanishes in certain positions.

The hyenas tail have a different shape, tail looks good for the hyena race, but for sbrelions does not look very good.

2 hours ago, poblivion said:

Short tail does not look so bad and in animations does not pass through the NPC. Unfortunately, the tail I have is very low poly. NightroModzz has created a new high poly. Blaze69 tried to adjust the new tail for use in the game, but unfortunately it did not work. Maybe Bad Dog could do it.

I attach an image of an old tail in the game and a low poly tail model.

In this thread you will find a new tail model: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/79732-race-mod-projects/

femaletailkhajiit.nif

I actually went back to that and tried transfering UVs from that mesh in Maya, but didn't work. The UVs came out small and folded into itself on the spiked one. The one with just added loops did'nt work at all. Transfering UVs worked with the new male and female tail for standard Khajiits just fine though.

I can only think of two reasons why it didn't work. Either it has to do with the mesh/UV on the base already being modified, or it's because the XYZ position is different on the base and I had to reposition it. However, the tutorial I watched for Maya showed the meshes left to right (not in the same position). So matching UVs will likely need to be made manually.