Going to sound like a moron, but where are kids referenced in the ESP's for fuzzification?  I'm having a problem of bald human kids with 3.03 & trying to track down where they should be referenced.  Checking the overwrite/winning ESP's, the child in Whiterun (Lucia from Hearthfire), has no modifying reference in the YA 3.03 ESP.  Just trying to track down where my mod list is goofing things up with child ref's, everyone else is fine, so far.

I think most of the children didn't need actual edits to their NPC records, because their head parts have already been furryfied and the race data is changed as well. Mostly just a re-FaceGen with YA loaded so it's exported with the beast heads and eyes, and that's it.

See if any other mod is editing the child races, their head parts or their NPC records. Also see if they include FaceGen data for the children NPCs as well. Those are the only reasons for that bug that I can think of.

Ok, great.  Thank you for the answer.. probably Hearthfires Extended or something (it contains facegen data).  Will keep looking, thanks again!

Edit: Fixed it... was again my doing, Non-Essential children edits race data...  it loaded after YA Consolidated, so that buggered it.  Fixed now, thanks again!

That's good to know actually because I also had this issue. Skyrim modding can be so complicated >_<

IF YOUR BRETONS / FOXES ARE BUGGERED:

I put together a quick patch to test whether recreating the heads would solve the problem. Fox and Lykaios are the only heads now that haven't been recreated using the Citrus mesh, so it would be interesting to know if they're the problem. 

If you're getting crashes when you try to create a breton PC, try installing this. It's a patch, so load it on top of YA 3 and enable the esp. Report back here either way, whether it fixes it or not. If it does, I'll go back in and create new fox heads.

Yiffy Age Breton Test Patch.7z

I put together a quick patch to test whether recreating the heads would solve the problem. Fox and Lykaios are the only heads now that haven't been recreated using the Citrus mesh, so it would be interesting to know if they're the problem. 

If you're getting crashes when you try to create a breton PC, try installing this. It's a patch, so load it on top of YA 3 and enable the esp. Report back here either way, whether it fixes it or not. If it does, I'll go back in and create new fox heads.

The red head problem is a strange one, that might not be purely related to facegen data/heads.  I had started a new game after doing some rearranging of YA and its patches, and now bretons are fine.. Uthgerd & a few nords are still buggered (colors only, like Uthgerd is a brown skin but grey face), but Bretons are fine again..

It's definitely a strange one.  I'd attach my mod list, and will if asked, but I'm up to like 346 mods & 189 ESP's, so my configuration will NOT be typical... I wanted to stress test, and basically loaded YA on top of a full STEP extended loadout.  The only issue I've found so far, is if you add things like Defeat (not pointing fingers, and still may be my setup) it will tend to overload papyrus & just randomly crash.  You can be in an interior area, and turn around too fast, and CTD, no error.  1 reload later, that area is fine, and then you are fine for an hour, then bam, CTD out of nowhere.  Minus things like SLAL & Defeat, Pap logs are staying relatively low, and so far no CTD's.

This did not fix my issue. Bretons are still purple and missing their face. I no longer crash anymore but I found out yesterday that that was a separate issue somehow relating to Windows 10 drivers (believe it or not). This is what they all look like: 

https://i.imgur.com/kbiKGsp.jpg

Here's a list of my installed mods w/ Yiffy Age that I think MAY or may not somehow be involved (these are based on assumptions):

• Interesting NPCs
  • Race compatibility with fixes
  • Furry age of Skyrim
  • SoS
  • OBIS
  • Immersive Patrols
  • Eyes of Beauty
  • Apachii Skyhair

Those are the only mods I have that deal with spawning or modifying NPCs/Races. Only Bretons are messed up too, not sure what's causing this to be honest.

Update: After disabling suspicious mods I got it to work, figuring out the culprit now.

Update 2: The culprit was Furry Age of Skyrim. Disabling the ESP fixed the Bretons for me, along with the patch.

This did not fix my issue. Bretons are still purple and missing their face. [...] This is what they all look like: 

Huh, pretty sure purple body parts means the assigned texture is missing (at least the diffuse, since the normal seems to be working). Likewise, the missing head points to wrong path or missing files.

Could these issues be caused by something wrong on the Breton mesh and texture paths? That would also explain why I don't get any issues at all (I've manually redirected and edited most paths and assets, so I know for a fact both the paths are as intended and the meshes/textures are in those paths.

Otherwise, regardless of the cause, rebuilding the Fox and Lykaios heads using CITRUS is a very good idea. So I would be all for that  :shy:.

This did not fix my issue. Bretons are still purple and missing their face. I no longer crash anymore but I found out yesterday that that was a separate issue somehow relating to Windows 10 drivers (believe it or not). This is what they all look like: 

Here's a list of my installed mods w/ Yiffy Age that I think MAY or may not somehow be involved (these are based on assumptions):

• Interesting NPCs
  • Race compatibility with fixes
  • Furry age of Skyrim
  • SoS
  • OBIS
  • Immersive Patrols
  • Eyes of Beauty
  • Apachii Skyhair

Those are the only mods I have that deal with spawning or modifying NPCs/Races. Only Bretons are messed up too, not sure what's causing this to be honest.

Update: After disabling suspicious mods I got it to work, figuring out the culprit now.

Update 2: The culprit was Furry Age of Skyrim. Disabling the ESP fixed the Bretons for me, along with the patch.

Fury Age isn't actually needed with YA.

A real load order is more helpful.

Yes, purple faces mean the texture is missing. Since no one else is having the problem, your install is borked. Do it again with MO.

That Breton patch was really only for the people who get a CTD when picking the breton race for their PC. 

Unrelated purely to YA, but related to the patch thing I did earlier upthread for revealing armors & USLEEP

Related to Mage Outfit Texture overhaul:

It likely won't fix the SoS_Revealing keyword on mage outfits, if you use Mage Outfit Texture overhaul, because that mod decided to redo the outfit paths, rather than just textures (it makes the change in the ESP, which, while not changing the mesh used, nukes the inheritance system Skyrim uses for overwriting/ESPs).  So if you have that installed along with any "revealing" armors that use the SoS keywords, the keyword will be missing.

So if you use that mod (And I noticed BD had it in his load order on page 120), you'll probably be missing any keywords/modifiers not vanilla.

God I'm so unused to chatting in forums, but besides the point. I'd like to point out the the lungaris is missing in version 3.3.

Goddamn, you're right! How did that happen? Where did they go? Someone hunt those bunnies!

So, yeah, ^that's the reply to your other thread.

In case you haven't realised already, it's not a bug or an error or something like that. Lungaris (as a separate custom race) were removed from the 3.0 update because they were no longer part of Yiffy Age, and thus it didn't make sense to keep them in. Also they didn't have any unique or special assets outside of the head and the tail, because they used Khajiit textures and body parts. Lykaios, Vaalsark, etc., on the other hand, are still part of YA replacing vanilla races and also have more unique and distinct assets, so that's why they are still in (and even then, I removed them from my custom version of YA to reduce RaceMenu clutter and because I prefer to use the equivalent vanilla furryfied races instead of the custom ones).

You want to have Lungaris in your game, you'll have to either use the original standalone race mod from Nexus or use the old 2.x versions of YA. Simple as that.

Edited by Blaze69

Jesus you guys are toxically snide....look I dunno who i pissed off to deserve this attitude but If you just wanted to point it out if you want me to just disappear and not mention anything again fine I will but just next time could you please not chew up someones post.

Also quoting from baddog himself "The change is appearance only. Each race still has its vanilla race-specific buffs. The races created by other modders (Lykaios, Vaalsark, Fennec, Kygarra, LUNGARIS) are also available as separate playable races with unique buffs. You can also play as a dremora (cat-style) or snow elf." Sorry for misunderstanding.

Jesus you guys are toxically snide....look I dunno who i pissed off to deserve this attitude but If you just wanted to point it out if you want me to just disappear and not mention anything again fine I will but just next time could you please not chew up someones post.

Also quoting from baddog himself "The change is appearance only. Each race still has its vanilla race-specific buffs. The races created by other modders (Lykaios, Vaalsark, Fennec, Kygarra, LUNGARIS) are also available as separate playable races with unique buffs. You can also play as a dremora (cat-style) or snow elf." Sorry for misunderstanding.

Then that's on us for not properly updating the description. Well, technically BadDog, since he's the one that can edit it. Sorry about that :s.

Still, didn't you think if the race was actually supposed to be in the mod, someone would have noticed it was missing by now? Honest, no snark in the question. And you reported it like it was some kind of bug or something nobody had noticed, which sounded a bit... well, dumb. Of course we all knew it wasn't in there anymore.

LOL chill dude, no hostility intended. Some snark, maybe. There was a big discussion about changing the races upthread.

Follow the download link in the OP and you'll get to a google drive folder (I think) that has an "Old Versions" folder in it. YA 2 should be in there.

Also, as Blaze points out, you can always stack the Lungaris mod with YA. You'll find a few NPC camping near the outlet from Bleak Falls Barrow and you can play as a rabbit.

Sorry for sounding dumb...and you all may have all knew that but I didn't get the memo. Sorry for being kept out of the loop. *sigh* look I seem to have trouble finding the earlier versions of yiffy age, do you have a link? Please no hostility this time.

I don't think there was any hostility in the first place, I think you just misinterpreted him. Anyways, thanks BadDog for fixing my issue <3

I believe I have figured out the redface mesh problem with the Breton/Fennec head. Open up the original mesh in Nifskope. Look it over, mainly the texture portion of it. Compare it to the kygarra head you used in the new breton patch....
 Well here is an image to give a good idea.

post-28044-0-59040800-1508964187_thumb.png

The new head mesh is to the left, old head mesh is to the right. Whats Wrong with it?

There is a couple things wrong with it. It isn't using the Smoothhead normals or speculars like the kygarra head. and it is not using a sub surface option either.

Here is the changes I made to fix it.

post-28044-0-46823900-1508964658_thumb.png

Now I don't have the red face bug anymore, at least with the NPC's I have tested so far. Mainly at college of Winterhold where in previous play throughs they were all red faced. But I'm sure it's fixed permanently with these changes. Anyway sharing the fixed head as well: Yiffy Age Breton Head Fix.7z

Now I have never had the game crash because of the Bretons at the racemenu. But then again, I have taken simple advice over the years from other Modders and didn't have that problem on a couple previous run and installs of Yiffy Age. More recently decided to follow the S.T.E.P. Guide because it is so highly recommend. As long as people follow that Guide, Yiffy Age will run perfectly, and Breton's will not crash.

Just follow the Guide People... PLEASE! For the love of Yiffy Dibella! Follow it to protect are sanity! otherwise we will become as mad as Yiffy Uncle Sheogorath!

Huh. Now in theory none of that should matter because all the heads use texture sets, not the textures in the nif. And of course the smoothmalehead textures are set up for the citrus heads, not vanilla heads. But since this is skyrim, theory so seldom matches practice. Maybe I will remake the fox heads and textures.

Huh. Now in theory none of that should matter because all the heads use texture sets, not the textures in the nif. And of course the smoothmalehead textures are set up for the citrus heads, not vanilla heads. But since this is skyrim, theory so seldom matches practice. Maybe I will remake the fox heads and textures.

Well If that is the case, then I believe my fix had more to do with removing that khajiit malebody sub surface than anything else.

I do know with texture sets when I worked on them for my HDT moonlight Tales modification, Yes, they do override usually what is in the mesh. However, if there is an extra texture on the mesh, like with that Sub Surface one, not accounted for in the Texture Set Override, that little extra texture will leak over in the texture set override and cause miscolours like we saw with the Breton/Fennec heads.

Edit: My Head fix works after going to some forsworn camps and Markarth where bigger majority of Bretons are. However, it will fix about 60-70% of the Male Breton/Fennec red face bugs. The final thing that needs to be done after installing my edited headmesh, To fix the last 30%-40% seems is to run the Creation Kits Facegen and refacegen all the Bretons.

Doing this and reopening at a save where I was looking at Bretons with the Red Face Bug that didn't get fully fixed by the headmesh, opened up with them there and bug permanently gone.

This should be all that needs to be done and should fix the problem till BadDog Releases a new Citrus based headmesh.

I wish I could do further testing but I won't be able to any further testing today. Mainly to check if Belethor has the bug still. so if anyone else is willing to go the extra mile to play with my fix please do so.

So I love you because you want to play as a cheetah and those things were a PITA. But I have to say YA is not a good first mod, at least if you want sexytimes. 

I recommend you google "Skyrim S.T.E.P" and do exactly what they say until you've got FNIS loaded and working with MO. Then load up SexLab and get that working. Then loading YA should be easy.

If you just want cheetahs it's simpler but you'd still be better following the STEP guide because it will teach you what modding is all about.

i feel like a idot i can't find how to download this ive never done a mod before ive got the files on my pc but no idea on how to add it to my game could i get some help i really want to play as a cheetah

If you have not yet, I'd recommend using this to sort your mods - Mod Organizer

I'd get the Manual install archive, and then in your Skyrim directory, create a Mod Organizer folder. Place the files from the archive there(so a Mod Organizer.exe is in the mentioned folder), and then you can create a shortcut for it on your desktop(Right-Click and Drag the mentioned Mod Organizer.exe to the desktop, and choose the Shortcut option). Then you can run it, where the program will recognize you wish to use it for Skyrim(MO also works for FO3, FONV, and Oblivion - but you have to have a separate install of MO for each game).

It's at this point where in the program you should see any of the vanilla content you have. 3 mods will be in the left pane, all of them actually the DLC - which you will need for Yiffy Age, as it effects many parts of the DLCs.

*Unmanaged: Dawnguard

*Unmanaged: Hearthfires

*Unmanaged: Dragonborn

If they are not in this order, you can move them to match - just click and drag them.

In the right pane(these are your plugins, both .esm and .esp files), you should see this.

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Hearthfires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

If the plugins are not in that order, again, click and drag them so they are. 

If you can get this far, then installing the rest will be fairly simple. If you need help with any of this, just ask. 

I found a solution to my stability issues, install SSME and get ENBoost working. Things have been perfectly smooth since I did that, with no crashes and no missing texture bugs. I'd recommend adding that to the OP somewhere with the warning that yiffy age uses a LOT of high resolution textures and allocating better memory usage with SSME and getting ENBoost working is going to do a fuckton for getting yiffy age to play nice with ETAC and SMIM.