WickedWhims v179a [2024-04-01]

Figures. I finally find the time to install this mod and there's a bug issue. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait.

Yeah, that's all we can do. No sense in getting all up in arms about it. I'm sure Turbodriver knows about this already and is working on a fix. And if not, then he will learn of it as soon as he plays the game or logs into LL. We don't know the extent of the "damage" this patch has caused for the mod, so everyone just needs to take it easy, be patient, and wait for an update from Turbodriver himself. I'm sure he'll fill us in on all the details as soon as he figures out what's going on.

• 3. Check out The Sims 4 documents folder (Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) and look for 'lastException.txt' file. If you found it, open it and paste the contents to Pastebinor any other similar service and send the created page URL my way (here or by private message).

4. If you have not found the 'lastException.txt' file and you have the newest version of the mod, then without any hesitations write a post here. Please try to explain what you've seen, how the bug occurred and consider if other mods you've installed could have caused this bug and include the list of them if you think that could help.

• I could not find the 'lastExcption.txt' file.. I can not get the mod to work..been trying for 4 hours now.

I am having a serious issue here.

I downloaded WickedWhims and all of the animations for it. However, the option "Wicked" does not appear when I select a Bed, Table, Couch, etc.

I do not know if this is a frequent issue that others are having, but it is ruining my experience with this mod.

I try taking screenshots to show but the menu doesn't show in the screenshot when I take it, also I don't have a way to record it so there is no way to show this.

I honestly do not know what to do.

When a studio/company launces a game that is able and easy to be moded, it is because they wamt it to be moded. They have even incorporated a way to share "mods" through the game itself (gallery). They do this so the game will be active (and selling) for more time. So in my opinion, a company that respects it's fans/clients, and not just their money, could just do this:

They could monitor the saaaaay 5 top/most popular/most usefull mods, check them with the upcoming patch, and if they break, they cound just sent the patch (or allow them to downolad it early, so there will not be any extra work packing it) to those moders saying:

Hey, dude the next update will break your mod, it will launche in 2/4/6 days. That's how much time you got to fix it.

It takes what, 30 minutes to do it? So I guess EA does not have that much time to do this for their clients.!

And no, it's not about the 30 minutes or 2 days that it will take you modders to update you'r mod. It's about the fact that righ now I can wright a furious post claiming that EA stands for Enormous A$$... ahem, because they broke my moded game and get the next version dedicated to me....again :dodgy:  :D ....while if they had notified Turodriver, I could wright a furious post about someone else being an a$$..ahem, and get the next 5 version dedicated to me!  :P  :P  :P

In other words, it's about something that is called Marketing. And they don't have it ( at least when it comes to all of their games communities). When people support you'r product, you don't just screw their work whenever you feel like it. Their are part of your product. ! You have to consider that!

What posts do you thing you would be reading here if a patch for WW was already ready because Turbodriver would have posted that EA had sented it to him 3 days ago and he has already fixed it?

I can understand your frustration, but let's be real here...

Do you realize just how many mods actually exist for this game? This is not something that would only take "30 minutes" to screen, and EA is not going to work their patches around a sex mod. I seriously doubt EA would hit up a random creator like Turbodriver and be like, "Yo man, we love your hardcore sex mod for our game that's rated T for Teen! BTW, we tested your mod along with the thousands of other mods we play with and learned that our next patch will break your mod. So you can have the patch early to figure out what broke it."

Read EA's policy on mods...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

It plainly says right there...

"Maxis strives to support the creativity of our community. We know that, for many of you, Mods are an important part of your game experience.  For that reason, we support a framework in The Sims 4 that makes it easier for you to install and use Mods.  Maxis doesn’t pre-screen, endorse or specifically support any particular Mod.  You should use Mods with caution and understand there may be risk. Because Maxis cannot screen or otherwise support any particular Mod, Mods that previously caused no issues for users may cause problems after an Update, especially a significant Update that corresponds with an Expansion Pack or Game Pack. By disabling Mods when we update, we hope to limit any disruption or problems with your game play and provide you with the opportunity to decide whether to reinstall those Mods."

That's pretty much your "pre-patch warning" right there, man. It's extremely unrealistic to expect EA/Maxis to test themselves what mods break for every patch they make, and to then submit exclusive early access to the patch for a select random number of modders. Especially since some mods may break with a patch, some may be perfectly fine. Who's deciding what the "top 5 mods" are? You? Well sure, but everyone has their own opinion on what the best mod is. There are a lot of people who probably don't want a mod like this, and it would be highly unlikely that EA would privately contact Turbo about this (let alone any modder) and give them exclusive early access to a patch "just because." No company does that. Most modders already know this. Weerbesu, for example (a popular modder over at MTS), updated his popular "UI Cheats Extension" mod literally within hours after EA released this patch and just asked people to redownload it.

So again, while I understand your frustration, let's not start trashing EA/Maxis for simply following their own policy on mods (which is pretty much standard across the entire video game industry that allows for modding).

Ok, "officialy" you are right. A company cannot openly support that kinnd of a mod.

But a mod is and will always be, "unofficial". EA knows this mod exists. They even asked him to change it's name!. They didn't ask him to stop making it!! They asked him to change it's name! So the mod is here and they know it (the same stands for MC commander). So mods are unoficiall upgrades to a game (so rating T has nothig to do with it. The game does not have sex. You dont want sex? Dont download the mod!.)

So, from their statment.. 

We know that, for many of you, Mods are an important part of your game experience  but then again Maxis doesn’t pre-screen, endorse or specifically support any particular Mod. 

How is it that they know that I use mods, but then tell me that its not their fault that those mods fail because of their update (they dont support them)? Do they have a "developers...I dont whatever...thingy" so that moders can download the next patch to make sure that everything works right? No.

So how is it that they support mods? By allowing people to make them? And we should be gratefull for that? Gratefull because We Improve Their game?

On the the accouns of "random moder"..I totaly agree.  A company like EA cannot support every idiot guy that makes a mod.  :P But how many are there that make a sex mod? One. How many are there that make a mod like MC? One. That's just 2! .They can choose the top 5 according to downloads. Simple as that. 

No company does that, as you accurately state, because no company cares! You bought their game? Go FFF yourself we got your $$. I don't know if you experienced the Diablo III lauch.....I did. I spened $60.00 on a game that I finaly enjoyed 3 months later!  People even raided Activision offices in Japan because of the "error 32" issue (could not connect to server).Why that happened? Because they launched a game that they were unable to support and they dint' give a f**** about it.

And do you know how much "enjoyment" I got? 

10 hours!

12 years of antisipation for a 10 hours game. Why? $$$ Diablo 3 was the best selling game in the history of gaming!! So who gives a FFF if they they enjoyed it. They got payed!

SO. To cut the loooooong story sort. Studios make games to make $$$. It would cost them almost nothing to be a bit more supporting to the modding community (where applicable) of that game. Not becaus of the people bitching nor because of their love to moders and certainly not because they woul make more more moeny (actuallu they would make more money).

But because they want in every update people to wright comments like:

The Dud's in EA are giving us more content and you moran moder has not updated your mod. WHY?

I am not fustrated and I am not "bitching". I know that this policy is a standart in gaming industry. I just wanted a gaming company that had the balls to break thos standards!!!.

:angel: your move :angel:

http://pastebin.com/CS2HitK6

I've had a problem just today after the update with the option not even available to select. I'm also having conflict with saving my game. I figure that the recent update of the game messed it up and I'll wait, but if there is a problem with my game please put it into simple terms because (and I'll be honestly) I'm not very good with computers and all of that. Thanks for the mod!

:angel: your move  :angel:

"My move," eh? Ok, let's break this down...

Ok, "officialy" you are right. A company cannot openly support that kinnd of a mod.

But a mod is and will always be, "unofficial". EA knows this mod exists. They even asked him to change it's name!. They didn't ask him to stop making it!! They asked him to change it's name! So the mod is here and they know it (the same stands for MC commander). So mods are unoficiall upgrades to a game (so rating T has nothig to do with it. The game does not have sex. You dont want sex? Dont download the mod!.)

Just because they contacted Turbo to tell him to change the name of the mod in no way means they are suddenly obligated to give him exclusive early access to every single patch from now on. I'm sure EA is aware of the hundreds of mods that exist. Knowing a mod exists doesn't mean it deserves special treatment from the company.

How is it that they know that I use mods, but then tell me that its not their fault that those mods fail because of their update (they dont support them)? Do they have a "developers...I dont whatever...thingy" so that moders can download the next patch to make sure that everything works right? No.

So how is it that they support mods? By allowing people to make them? And we should be gratefull for that? Gratefull because We Improve Their game?

What part of that is difficult to understand? It's not their fault. Yes, they support mods. That's why they made the game so easily moddable. Do you honestly expect game companies to revolve their patches around every single mod that exists? But I'll humor you for a little bit here. Let's say, hypothetically, that they were to do as you suggest and pick like 5 or so. What about the mods that don't get picked? Those modders would probably be pretty pissed that they have to fix their mods while these other guys get catered to because the company thinks they're "better modders." You can't ask them to play favorites. That's just plain not fair. Besides, mods deal with a variety of things within the game. A patch may cause some mods to break, while leaving others perfectly functional. It would be an absolute nightmare to make a patch work for every mod available (because again, it would look bad on the company to play favorites to only a handful).

On the the accouns of "random moder"..I totaly agree.  A company like EA cannot support every idiot guy that makes a mod.   :P But how many are there that make a sex mod? One. How many are there that make a mod like MC? One. That's just 2! .They can choose the top 5 according to downloads. Simple as that.

That's just... rude. So if there's a mod you don't care for, that modder is an idiot? You wanting them to cater to a sex mod is purely your opinion and has no logical value beyond that, sorry to say. Even MC, as great of a mod as it is, is still just a mod. It is the modder's responsibility as a modder to update their mods to work with each patch that gets released, not the other way around. Probably every modder understands this, why can't you? Besides, mods for this game exist everywhere. They don't have records of every mod that exists and how many times each one of those has been downloaded, including mods that are available from more than one location.

No company does that, as you accurately state, because no company cares! You bought their game? Go FFF yourself we got your $$. I don't know if you experienced the Diablo III lauch.....I did. I spened $60.00 on a game that I finaly enjoyed 3 months later!  People even raided Activision offices in Japan because of the "error 32" issue (could not connect to server).Why that happened? Because they launched a game that they were unable to support and they dint' give a f**** about it.

10 hours!

12 years of antisipation for a 10 hours game. Why? $$$ Diablo 3 was the best selling game in the history of gaming!! So who gives a FFF if they they enjoyed it. They got payed!

These days, it's unfortunately not uncommon for a game to be released with bugs and stuff. That's just the reality, and most gamers know this. But Blizzard did end up fixing the game. If they didn't care, why would they even bother to fix it in the first place? If you were unhappy with the game's length, then that's simply your opinion. I got the Ultimate Evil Edition much later on the PS4 and I'm having a lot of fun with it. But u kno, every gamer has their own opinions. I'd imagine making a game is no easy task, and it can probably be a programming nightmare to figure out where a specific bug is and how to fix it. I'm pretty sure they're still doing updates and stuff for Diablo III to this day. Cut them a little bit of slack, dude.

Besides, what does Blizzard and Diablo have to do with mods for The Sims 4? That's just your own personal little rant.

SO. To cut the loooooong story sort. Studios make games to make $$$. It would cost them almost nothing to be a bit more supporting to the modding community (where applicable) of that game. Not becaus of the people bitching nor because of their love to moders and certainly not because they woul make more more moeny (actuallu they would make more money).

The Dud's in EA are giving us more content and you moran moder has not updated your mod. WHY?

You act like this is some sort of revelation. Of course studios make games to make money! If they didn't make money, how would they have the budget to continue making games? Where would the incentive be if there wasn't any money to be made? And how much more supportive of the mod community do you expect them to be? They created the game using a framework that made it extremely easy for modders to play with, and they included a simple "Mods" folder for the players to use to keep their mods nice, organized, and easily manageable. It's not like, say, Bioware with Dragon Age: Inquisition where they openly bragged about how they made the game to be unmoddable. Granted, talented players still figured out a way to mod the game, but it's incredibly difficult and there are so many conflicting mods and game-breaking issues to deal with. It's a pain in the ass, which is why there isn't a whole lot of mods for that game, because the developers made it that way. Not like Maxis with The Sims 4, who intentionally made it easily accessible to modders.

If people want to be a dick to modders by complaining about a lack of an update, that's their choice. I find it incredibly rude, but it's gonna happen regardless. And going with the unrealistic suggestion of picking a select handful of modders to cater to would only exacerbate the problems the other modders who didn't get the golden ticket. Playing favorites is not within their policy, even if you want it to be.

I am not fustrated and I am not "bitching". I know that this policy is a standart in gaming industry. I just wanted a gaming company that had the balls to break thos standards!!!.

I never said anyone was bitching, but you certainly sound frustrated, because those are some pretty hefty rants you put out there. WW will get fixed eventually. In the meantime, just chill. Go play another game for a while and wait for Turbodriver to do his thing.

please.... dont make an argument about what EA policies regarding moding here.... do it somewhere else...

for those that update the game and play it only to discover problem, dont worry and wait for fix

for those that come here to check for update and discussion and still hasnt update, play the game offline to avoid having your game update.

for those that pirated the game, lucky you...

Ok. I have every file downloaded and placed in the mods folder. the game is completely up to date. files are not buried, and i have downloaded and redownloaded every wickedwhims file and animation that i can find on this site. when i start the game, the message for wickedwhims shows up, but i have no wickedwims icon in the pie menu no matter where or on what i click. all mods are enabled. i have also deleted every other mod i used in the game, leaving only wickedwhims mods and animations. deleted wickedwhohoo from the saves folder, redownloaded and restarted the game, same thing. i have no option to use the mods. what am i doing wrong? mods worked before, like 4 months ago, and now they aren't. help!

Aaaaand apparently i don't know how to read, because according to other posts before mine, they are having problems as well after the new game update. ok, so maybe that's what the problem is. hopefully it gets fixed soon. i probably won't be able to play for a couple weeks. i guess i'll check back then. but if anyone thinks that i AM in fact doing something wrong...please let me know lol!

Hey,

I followed all the instructions literally, downloaded all packages and files etc.!

I even get the ingame notification that the mod has been installed and the "welcome" message.

However I cant use any other of the interactions, I cant even access the settings menu.

It seems as if the mod is still not working but I get the messages and everything in game...

Does anyone know what Im doing wrong?

My sims 4 version is the newest one (higher than 1.2)

I would be so happy if you could help me. The mod just looks awsome!!!

Edit: Whoops, just saw that other ones have the same problem. Hope you can fix it soon!

please.... dont make an argument about what EA policies regarding moding here.... do it somewhere else...

for those that update the game and play it only to discover problem, dont worry and wait for fix

for those that come here to check for update and discussion and still hasnt update, play the game offline to avoid having your game update.

for those that pirated the game, lucky you...

That's literally all I was doing before...

Figures. I finally find the time to install this mod and there's a bug issue. Oh well, guess we'll just have to wait.

Yeah, that's all we can do. No sense in getting all up in arms about it. I'm sure Turbodriver knows about this already and is working on a fix. And if not, then he will learn of it as soon as he plays the game or logs into LL. We don't know the extent of the "damage" this patch has caused for the mod, so everyone just needs to take it easy, be patient, and wait for an update from Turbodriver himself. I'm sure he'll fill us in on all the details as soon as he figures out what's going on.

I only responded because he asked me to, and it's still a civil conversation from what I can tell (as in tempers aren't flaring and pointless name-calling hasn't ensued). It's ok for people to have non-toxic discussions on these threads, u kno. Gives us something to do while we wait for this mod to be fixed anyway, lol.

Hey man,

First things first; thank you so much for the mod it's insanely fun and entertaining. I did notice, however, with the new Sims 4 update that just released your mod doesn't seem to work with it and when I try to run the game it says that there is a start up issue. I've trouble shot my other mods by taking everything out of my mods folder and adding things in slowly and when I add the WickedWhims mod back in and try to load the game, that's when I'm getting the start up error box.

If you could look into this I'd be much obliged friend.  :D

......and please disregard my stupidity.....just saw other people are having similar issues and I'll just wait patiently for the update. Thanks again!

Hey man,

First things first; thank you so much for the mod it's insanely fun and entertaining. I did notice, however, with the new Sims 4 update that just released your mod doesn't seem to work with it and when I try to run the game it says that there is a start up issue. I've trouble shot my other mods by taking everything out of my mods folder and adding things in slowly and when I add the WickedWhims mod back in and try to load the game, that's when I'm getting the start up error box.

If you could look into this I'd be much obliged friend.  :D

......and please disregard my stupidity.....just saw other people are having similar issues and I'll just wait patiently for the update. Thanks again!

Don't be silly, you're not being stupid. Everyone is just as concerned about this mod as you are. No doubt Turbodriver is going to get one hell of a wake up call if he hasn't learned of this little problem yet, lol!

Thanks alot for the update!

I have a question, should we use the "viblisims_HardCock02_XV02_zoahcx_edit_v4" included in the new package or the "viblisims_HardCock02_XV02_turbodriver_edit_v2" from your attachment?

Hello there. It seems that I can't find the viblisims_HardCock02_XV02_zoahcx_edit_v4 you mentioned above. I only found the viblisims_HardCock02_XV02_turbodriver_edit_v2.package from the attachment TD provided. Could you please tell me where is the package you mentioned?

For those just joining us and not bothering to read back several pages... EA released a huge update for the game yesterday that broke several mods, including this one. That's why it isn't working right. Have some patience and give the mod makers time to fix things.

This will likely happen again with City Living coming up on the 1st.

*edit* And the good news is TurboDriver just released an update on his Patreon. So, it won't be long until it shows up here. Speedy delivery. :D

Oh boy! Isn't it cool to receive so many messages about the mod not working, especially when you are just going to bed (that was 12 hours ago). It's fixed now though. No worries.

With the compatibility fix I've released a bunch of changes on Patreon, here is what's new:

• Updated compatibility for 1.24 game version
  • Added Exception Watcher to inform about created lastException files
  • Added 'wickedwoohoo.applycum <face/chest/back/vagina/butt/feet> [<first_name> <last_name>]' command to apply cum to sims
  • Added setting to disable jealousy (not only from sex, in the whole game)
  • Added setting to enable incest (not only for sex, unlocks 61 vanilla interactions, disabled by default)
  • Reworked and hooked woohoo whims to sex interactions
  • Reworked animation state machine script
  • Made sims that had sex or are in relationship not react to each other nudity
  • Made sims with high friendship and/or romance level not react to each other nudity
  • Made sims get jealous when finding their lover having sex with someone else
  • Made incest interactions require changing a setting
  • Fixed broken changing underwear outside your household
  • Fixed exhibitionism fullbody undressing always making sims take off shoes
  • Fixed sims not reacting to male nudity

And for everybody else there is a new version that supports the new release of the game. And before you ask, yes, it does work with version 1.20 of the game.

I've noticed there is some talking about Maxis not supporting modders or something, I have not read it yet, I wanted this post to be out so maybe I will update this if there is anything interesting to add.

So I just found this mod and thankfully I got to play around with it yesterday, before the patch. What I can't tell is if Wicked Whim's Woohoo has any affect on Woohoo-related wishes or a Flirty mood. It seemed like my couple had to Woohoo the old-fashioned way to get wish fulfillment and stuff. Is WW intended to work without affecting goals?

It will have with future releases, I am working on it right now.

hey I was wondering how to use the condom, it really doesn't appear anywhere so

You order it through a computer and then when in sex you click on it in your sim inventory.

Hey! First, thank you for the mod. It makes the Sims more interesting, I think. 

In regards to the gender restrictions option, I think it would be a very nice addition to be able to set the sex position flags for a single sim (only in household maybe?) as woman/man/either. When I want my sim (in same sex scenarios) to be in the female position for an animation, or the receiving animation for an MM animation, because I have to initiate it, they always end up on top. If we could set gender animation flags for the sim then we could make it so they always use a certain position when initiating sex. I think this would be a nice quality of life change rather than "oh, wrong positions, let's switch" which ends up feeling like I'm posing them rather than "this is what my sims do". Thank you!

Yeah, I need to rework that stuff and recognize sims in a different way, rather than male and female. I will look into it at some point.

if I were turbo and the animators and mcc people, I'd just wait for the expansion cause that's gonna break everything again. 

This update was the expansion, so there should not be anything big anytime soon, probably only fixes for the expansion itself.

When a studio/company launces a game that is able and easy to be moded, it is because they wamt it to be moded. They have even incorporated a way to share "mods" through the game itself (gallery). They do this so the game will be active (and selling) for more time. So in my opinion, a company that respects it's fans/clients, and not just their money, could just do this:

They could monitor the saaaaay 5 top/most popular/most usefull mods, check them with the upcoming patch, and if they break, they cound just sent the patch (or allow them to downolad it early, so there will not be any extra work packing it) to those moders saying:

Hey, dude the next update will break your mod, it will launche in 2/4/6 days. That's how much time you got to fix it.

It takes what, 30 minutes to do it? So I guess EA does not have that much time to do this for their clients.!

And no, it's not about the 30 minutes or 2 days that it will take you modders to update you'r mod. It's about the fact that righ now I can wright a furious post claiming that EA stands for Enormous A$$... ahem, because they broke my moded game and get the next version dedicated to me....again :dodgy:  :D ....while if they had notified Turodriver, I could wright a furious post about someone else being an a$$..ahem, and get the next 5 version dedicated to me!  :P  :P  :P

In other words, it's about something that is called Marketing. And they don't have it ( at least when it comes to all of their games communities). When people support you'r product, you don't just screw their work whenever you feel like it. Their are part of your product. ! You have to consider that!

What posts do you thing you would be reading here if a patch for WW was already ready because Turbodriver would have posted that EA had sented it to him 3 days ago and he has already fixed it?

I can understand your frustration, but let's be real here...

Do you realize just how many mods actually exist for this game? This is not something that would only take "30 minutes" to screen, and EA is not going to work their patches around a sex mod. I seriously doubt EA would hit up a random creator like Turbodriver and be like, "Yo man, we love your hardcore sex mod for our game that's rated T for Teen! BTW, we tested your mod along with the thousands of other mods we play with and learned that our next patch will break your mod. So you can have the patch early to figure out what broke it."

Read EA's policy on mods...

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/mods-and-the-sims-4-game-updates/

It plainly says right there...

"Maxis strives to support the creativity of our community. We know that, for many of you, Mods are an important part of your game experience.  For that reason, we support a framework in The Sims 4 that makes it easier for you to install and use Mods.  Maxis doesn’t pre-screen, endorse or specifically support any particular Mod.  You should use Mods with caution and understand there may be risk. Because Maxis cannot screen or otherwise support any particular Mod, Mods that previously caused no issues for users may cause problems after an Update, especially a significant Update that corresponds with an Expansion Pack or Game Pack. By disabling Mods when we update, we hope to limit any disruption or problems with your game play and provide you with the opportunity to decide whether to reinstall those Mods."

That's pretty much your "pre-patch warning" right there, man. It's extremely unrealistic to expect EA/Maxis to test themselves what mods break for every patch they make, and to then submit exclusive early access to the patch for a select random number of modders. Especially since some mods may break with a patch, some may be perfectly fine. Who's deciding what the "top 5 mods" are? You? Well sure, but everyone has their own opinion on what the best mod is. There are a lot of people who probably don't want a mod like this, and it would be highly unlikely that EA would privately contact Turbo about this (let alone any modder) and give them exclusive early access to a patch "just because." No company does that. Most modders already know this. Weerbesu, for example (a popular modder over at MTS), updated his popular "UI Cheats Extension" mod literally within hours after EA released this patch and just asked people to redownload it.

So again, while I understand your frustration, let's not start trashing EA/Maxis for simply following their own policy on mods (which is pretty much standard across the entire video game industry that allows for modding).

Ok, "officialy" you are right. A company cannot openly support that kinnd of a mod.

But a mod is and will always be, "unofficial". EA knows this mod exists. They even asked him to change it's name!. They didn't ask him to stop making it!! They asked him to change it's name! So the mod is here and they know it (the same stands for MC commander). So mods are unoficiall upgrades to a game (so rating T has nothig to do with it. The game does not have sex. You dont want sex? Dont download the mod!.)

So, from their statment.. 

We know that, for many of you, Mods are an important part of your game experience  but then again Maxis doesn’t pre-screen, endorse or specifically support any particular Mod. 

So how is it that they support mods? By allowing people to make them? And we should be gratefull for that? Gratefull because We Improve Their game?

On the the accouns of "random moder"..I totaly agree.  A company like EA cannot support every idiot guy that makes a mod.  :P But how many are there that make a sex mod? One. How many are there that make a mod like MC? One. That's just 2! .They can choose the top 5 according to downloads. Simple as that. 

No company does that, as you accurately state, because no company cares! You bought their game? Go FFF yourself we got your $$. I don't know if you experienced the Diablo III lauch.....I did. I spened $60.00 on a game that I finaly enjoyed 3 months later!  People even raided Activision offices in Japan because of the "error 32" issue (could not connect to server).Why that happened? Because they launched a game that they were unable to support and they dint' give a f**** about it.

10 hours!

12 years of antisipation for a 10 hours game. Why? $$$ Diablo 3 was the best selling game in the history of gaming!! So who gives a FFF if they they enjoyed it. They got payed!

The Dud's in EA are giving us more content and you moran moder has not updated your mod. WHY?

:angel: your move :angel:

:angel: your move  :angel:

"My move," eh? Ok, let's break this down...

Ok, "officialy" you are right. A company cannot openly support that kinnd of a mod.

But a mod is and will always be, "unofficial". EA knows this mod exists. They even asked him to change it's name!. They didn't ask him to stop making it!! They asked him to change it's name! So the mod is here and they know it (the same stands for MC commander). So mods are unoficiall upgrades to a game (so rating T has nothig to do with it. The game does not have sex. You dont want sex? Dont download the mod!.)

Just because they contacted Turbo to tell him to change the name of the mod in no way means they are suddenly obligated to give him exclusive early access to every single patch from now on. I'm sure EA is aware of the hundreds of mods that exist. Knowing a mod exists doesn't mean it deserves special treatment from the company.

So how is it that they support mods? By allowing people to make them? And we should be gratefull for that? Gratefull because We Improve Their game?

What part of that is difficult to understand? It's not their fault. Yes, they support mods. That's why they made the game so easily moddable. Do you honestly expect game companies to revolve their patches around every single mod that exists? But I'll humor you for a little bit here. Let's say, hypothetically, that they were to do as you suggest and pick like 5 or so. What about the mods that don't get picked? Those modders would probably be pretty pissed that they have to fix their mods while these other guys get catered to because the company thinks they're "better modders." You can't ask them to play favorites. That's just plain not fair. Besides, mods deal with a variety of things within the game. A patch may cause some mods to break, while leaving others perfectly functional. It would be an absolute nightmare to make a patch work for every mod available (because again, it would look bad on the company to play favorites to only a handful).

On the the accouns of "random moder"..I totaly agree.  A company like EA cannot support every idiot guy that makes a mod.   :P But how many are there that make a sex mod? One. How many are there that make a mod like MC? One. That's just 2! .They can choose the top 5 according to downloads. Simple as that.

That's just... rude. So if there's a mod you don't care for, that modder is an idiot? You wanting them to cater to a sex mod is purely your opinion and has no logical value beyond that, sorry to say. Even MC, as great of a mod as it is, is still just a mod. It is the modder's responsibility as a modder to update their mods to work with each patch that gets released, not the other way around. Probably every modder understands this, why can't you? Besides, mods for this game exist everywhere. They don't have records of every mod that exists and how many times each one of those has been downloaded, including mods that are available from more than one location.

No company does that, as you accurately state, because no company cares! You bought their game? Go FFF yourself we got your $$. I don't know if you experienced the Diablo III lauch.....I did. I spened $60.00 on a game that I finaly enjoyed 3 months later!  People even raided Activision offices in Japan because of the "error 32" issue (could not connect to server).Why that happened? Because they launched a game that they were unable to support and they dint' give a f**** about it.

10 hours!

12 years of antisipation for a 10 hours game. Why? $$$ Diablo 3 was the best selling game in the history of gaming!! So who gives a FFF if they they enjoyed it. They got payed!

These days, it's unfortunately not uncommon for a game to be released with bugs and stuff. That's just the reality, and most gamers know this. But Blizzard did end up fixing the game. If they didn't care, why would they even bother to fix it in the first place? If you were unhappy with the game's length, then that's simply your opinion. I got the Ultimate Evil Edition much later on the PS4 and I'm having a lot of fun with it. But u kno, every gamer has their own opinions. I'd imagine making a game is no easy task, and it can probably be a programming nightmare to figure out where a specific bug is and how to fix it. I'm pretty sure they're still doing updates and stuff for Diablo III to this day. Cut them a little bit of slack, dude.

Besides, what does Blizzard and Diablo have to do with mods for The Sims 4? That's just your own personal little rant.

The Dud's in EA are giving us more content and you moran moder has not updated your mod. WHY?

You act like this is some sort of revelation. Of course studios make games to make money! If they didn't make money, how would they have the budget to continue making games? Where would the incentive be if there wasn't any money to be made? And how much more supportive of the mod community do you expect them to be? They created the game using a framework that made it extremely easy for modders to play with, and they included a simple "Mods" folder for the players to use to keep their mods nice, organized, and easily manageable. It's not like, say, Bioware with Dragon Age: Inquisition where they openly bragged about how they made the game to be unmoddable. Granted, talented players still figured out a way to mod the game, but it's incredibly difficult and there are so many conflicting mods and game-breaking issues to deal with. It's a pain in the ass, which is why there isn't a whole lot of mods for that game, because the developers made it that way. Not like Maxis with The Sims 4, who intentionally made it easily accessible to modders.

If people want to be a dick to modders by complaining about a lack of an update, that's their choice. I find it incredibly rude, but it's gonna happen regardless. And going with the unrealistic suggestion of picking a select handful of modders to cater to would only exacerbate the problems the other modders who didn't get the golden ticket. Playing favorites is not within their policy, even if you want it to be.

I never said anyone was bitching, but you certainly sound frustrated, because those are some pretty hefty rants you put out there. WW will get fixed eventually. In the meantime, just chill. Go play another game for a while and wait for Turbodriver to do his thing.

So here is my perspective, but not like it matters.

I don't give a damn if and when Maxis releases an update and if it will break something or not. It's their game, they gave me the possibility to create a mod and they only thing I want is to not shut down my mod, which they didn't do.

Why I don't care? I just have low expectations. You can see that this update did almost no harm, I fixed it in few hours. It's annoying, but hey, who said it's going to be easy.

But, it would be nice if they would warn everybody that there will be an update 24 hours before, but something tells me they did, somewhere, I just don't follow that stuff.

About the support for mods in Sims 4.. you actually can't really talk about proper support.

Maxis, the developers, designed the game to have accessible logic gameplay part of the code (script-side), but they could have put everything in the client-side, like CAS, interfaces, rendering and other crap. Why they did it? It clearly is for modders and they even support special ts4script packages.

But that is just the structure, the easy way to allow start making mods, but not the easy way to create them. There is no documentation, there is nobody that will explain how to do something, you are on your own. They support mods technically, but they don't really support creating mods or creators.

I have modded few games and almost every of them had no API to work with. You were on your own, just like now. I would never expect the developers to make sure that an update doesn't break everything, because pretty much every single update was breaking every single existing mod. If they would really care to support the modding community, they would create a whole structure (API) to do it. But that takes time, which costs money. Games are expensive these days.

And I actually pre-ordered Diablo 3 (last game I ever pre-ordered) because my friends wanted to play and after just an hour of the game I realized how much I don't like hack'n'slash games. I gave the whole battle.net account with the game to someone else for few RAM sticks. Hehe.