Argonian UN-derpification / Better argonian eyes (Possibly easy to make...???)

Hello everyone. So I love khajiits and argonians. I literally play nothing but khajiits in Skyrim. I would adore to play as an argonian too but I can't get over with just how damn derpy they look.

I mean just look at this

post-1069340-0-31042800-1472080381_thumb.png He looks fucking retarded, I'll be honest

I may know what to do to fix this though. First of all the pupils should be more centered as in slightly closer to one another. Secondly, and more importantly, if it were possible to alter the shape of the eye sockets and have them be anything but round, our dear swampfolk may look more relatable. I think this is the reason why I found quite some people saying argonians are ugly: their eyes look too ''lizardy'' and not human enough. This is my theory at least.

Don't believe me? Let's try to put that into practice with the power of Photoshop

As I said, we first need to move the pupils further towards the nose. Yes it's gonna make our argonian slightly crosseyed but that's preferable over their infamous 1000 yards stare

post-1069340-0-20566700-1472080431_thumb.pngpost-1069340-0-09362700-1472080488_thumb.png

Boom. Now we'll try to alter the shape of this bloke's eye sockets

post-1069340-0-27003100-1472080509_thumb.pngpost-1069340-0-77477300-1472074988_thumb.png

I don't know you, but I think this miniscule edit gives the argonian at least an extra pinch of expressivity rather than the usual blank, stupid, skooma high look

And if you want, slightly different presets may be applied. Other than ''the standard'', we have respectively ''the squint'', ''the sly one'', ''the unimpressed'' and ''the lazy eyed liz''. It may not look like it due to marginal differences but they each have their own style (I'm referring to those presets that make the eyes look slanting. I love slanting eyes btw)

post-1069340-0-19036500-1472075390_thumb.pngpost-1069340-0-45596100-1472075489_thumb.pngpost-1069340-0-74129600-1472075526_thumb.pngpost-1069340-0-00839100-1472075654_thumb.png

It's not really necessary but here, let me give you another example

post-1069340-0-11561700-1472080709_thumb.pngpost-1069340-0-91793700-1472080732_thumb.png

Better, isn't it? The chick now won't have anyone asking her where she's actually looking and is now at least a little bit meaner looking

Now. I have no idea how to make mods, I barely even know how to install them. The reason why I wrote ''Possibly easy to make...?'' in the title is because of a mere assumption that it's not difficult to do (again, I'm totally ignorant about mod making so do correct me if I'm wrong). I have no idea how to accomplish this but what I thought was to first of all replace the vanilla eye textures with modified textures that have the pupils more close to one another, or even better just add our own instead of replacing vanilla textures and have them as a separate eye preset. Then, we basically apply a ''mask'', a ''mesh mask'' or some shit like that on top of the eyesocket, much in the same way I simply painted but a few strokes over it in my edit.

Like so:

post-1069340-0-53918900-1472078014_thumb.png

It may even be applied by categorizing it as a piece of headgear, only problem is that with the sheer amount of individual head shape configurations that misalignments are bound to occur so that's not really doable I suppose

So yeah, this is what I had in mind. Do let me know what you think folks, if you have better ideas and so on and so forth

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. So I love khajiits and argonians. I literally play nothing but khajiits in Skyrim. I would adore to play as an argonian too but I can't get over with just how damn derpy they look.

I mean just look at this

attachicon.gifArgonian Modifications copia.png He looks fucking retarded, I'll be honest

I may know what to do to fix this though. First of all the pupils should be more centered as in slightly closer to one another. Secondly, and more importantly, if it were possible to alter the shape of the eye sockets and have them be anything but round, our dear swampfolk may look more relatable. I think this is the reason why I found quite some people saying argonians are ugly: their eyes look too ''lizardy'' and not human enough. This is my theory at least.

Don't believe me? Let's try to put that into practice with the power of Photoshop

As I said, we first need to move the pupils further towards the nose. Yes it's gonna make our argonian slightly crosseyed but that's preferable over their infamous 1000 yards stare

attachicon.gifArgonian Modifications copia 2.pngattachicon.gifArgonian Modifications no 1000 yards.png

Boom. Now we'll try to alter the shape of this bloke's eye sockets

attachicon.gifArgonian Modifications no 1000 yards 2.pngattachicon.gifArgonian Modifications preset 1 the standard.png

I don't know you, but I think this miniscule edit gives the argonian at least an extra pinch of expressivity rather than the usual blank, stupid, skooma high look

And if you want, slightly different presets may be applied. Other than ''the standard'', we have respectively ''the squint'', ''the sly one'', ''the unimpressed'' and ''the lazy eyed liz''. It may not look like it due to marginal differences but they each have their own style (I'm referring to those presets that make the eyes look slanting. I love slanting eyes btw)

attachicon.gifArgonian Modifications preset 2 the squint.pngattachicon.gifArgonian Modifications preset 3 the sly one.pngattachicon.gifArgonian Modifications preset 4 the unimpressed.pngattachicon.gifArgonian Modifications preset 5 the lazy eyed liz.png

It's not really necessary but here, let me give you another example

attachicon.gifargonian assassin a.pngattachicon.gifargonian assassin b.png

Better, isn't it? The chick now won't have anyone asking her where she's actually looking and is now at least a little bit meaner looking

Now. I have no idea how to make mods, I barely even know how to install them. The reason why I wrote ''Possibly easy to make...?'' in the title is because of a mere assumption that it's not difficult to do (again, I'm totally ignorant about mod making so do correct me if I'm wrong). I have no idea how to accomplish this but what I thought was to first of all replace the vanilla eye textures with modified textures that have the pupils more close to one another, or even better just add our own instead of replacing vanilla textures and have them as a separate eye preset. Then, we basically apply a ''mask'', a ''mesh mask'' or some shit like that on top of the eyesocket, much in the same way I simply painted but a few strokes over it in my edit.

Like so:

attachicon.gifArgonian Modifications demonstration.png

It may even be applied by categorizing it as a piece of headgear, only problem is that with the sheer amount of individual head shape configurations that misalignments are bound to occur so that's not really doable I suppose

So yeah, this is what I had in mind. Do let me know what you think folks, if you have better ideas and so on and so forth

would you like a tester?