If a fusion core equipped, try to remove it in pickpocket-mode. In future insert always a fusion core before a companion enter a suit.

Yes i tried that but with enslaved characters their is no command too tell them to leave the power armour I can do it with normal companions like cait or nick but with enslaved  characters there simply is no command to tell them to get out of the armour. I can only tell them its the easy way or hard way or to stay or come.

Guess who's back!!!!!!!!  The bachelor party and wedding was great, at least the parts I remember :D.  Congrats to my brother for finding and locking down a very beautiful and cool woman. 

Now that I'm finished with the awkward (and probably a little sexist) tribute, let's get back to the shit you guys and gals care about.  I have found a partial solution to this problem of slaves in power armor.  Try this mod found on the nexus (it's not against to rule to mention that place here right?):

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14623/?

I have attempted to deconstruct this mod to modify the command system but so far have not been able to figure out how the original mod designer did so.  If anyone figures it out, post it or at least PM me.

Ok so I thought of something, it maybe stupid but bear with me.

The issue about having to had each and every npc by hand is about the mechanics behind the intimidation perk right?

I now that you can had "R button" actions to all npc. (unlimited companion framework do that optionally)

How about instead of overwriting the perk's action, you just check for perk level and activate it:

It means if you pass the check and you sneak you "R button" the npc to subdue him/her (but if you fail the check, you'll have all the settlement on your back or crime added I don't know).

Another stupid idea about the named npc that returns to their behaviour after being sent to a settlement:

I know quests can change a behavior.

Is it possible to make a radiant quest (by using an alias or something) that fire on the npc in question overriding the normal behaviour (by that I mean stop your normal behavior and do something else until the radiant quest is ended)

I think F4SS has something like that and the author was kind enough to let it open source.

Great ideas, I was thinking something similar moving the script to a specific gun or weapons like the "slavery simple" mod for new vegas. Unfortunately I am not talented enough to do this at this moment.  Given enough free time and effort I may eventually get the skill to write that type of code.  For the moment I have updated my esp.  The biggest part of this update is I moved the "shock" collar to the chem station so you:

1. don't need a settlement to make them (still need one to assign slaves)

2. don't cost against your settlement item budget

enjoy

abduction extended retooled.esp

If a fusion core equipped, try to remove it in pickpocket-mode. In future insert always a fusion core before a companion enter a suit.

Yes i tried that but with enslaved characters their is no command too tell them to leave the power armour I can do it with normal companions like cait or nick but with enslaved  characters there simply is no command to tell them to get out of the armour. I can only tell them its the easy way or hard way or to stay or come.

Guess who's back!!!!!!!!  The bachelor party and wedding was great, at least the parts I remember :D.  Congrats to my brother for finding and locking down a very beautiful and cool woman. 

Now that I'm finished with the awkward (and probably a little sexist) tribute, let's get back to the shit you guys and gals care about.  I have found a partial solution to this problem of slaves in power armor.  Try this mod found on the nexus (it's not against to rule to mention that place here right?):

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14623/?

I have attempted to deconstruct this mod to modify the command system but so far have not been able to figure out how the original mod designer did so.  If anyone figures it out, post it or at least PM me.

hey thanks mate

its not exactly what i was looking for but it should do the job. appreciated thanks :)

Wow, didn't think this mod would still be used after all this time! Thanks for your feedback and interest, while I don't have time to do much modding atm I cleaned up a private version for upload with some additions based on your suggestions. It's basically untested in actual gameplay so all the usual warnings apply. Source code is included as before if anyone else wants to tweak or change stuff around.

Well for a weapon, you'd have to look for mods that has an on hit effect.

You could look into this mod that has a lot of weird weapons:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19496/?

Or the gun version of Crazy - Sex animations (Well you could even ask him)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68016-crazy6987-sex-animation/

Edit: I didn't see the op message and update. Removed my version, it's pretty much useless now.

Very intriguing mod!  I hope to see its development or some incarnation of it continue.

There was a mod for Fallout 3 called "Slaves Stick Around".  It expanded the Paradise Falls slave quest in small ways, but had a profound impact on my second playthrough.  It allowed you to mez any NPC (including essential), collar them, automatically send them running to Paradise Falls in exchange for caps, and they persisted in the prison room forever.  The game registered the enslavement as a "death" -- so instead of killing the ever so annoying Colin Moriarty, you could teach him a lesson and just send him to "slaver's prison".  And people think he's dead, but he's very much alive thinking about his life decisions.  You could return to the slave pen at any time and see your "collection".  They didn't do anything, they just kind of sandboxed around.  But I went around dealing "justice" to certain characters who I felt belonged put away rather than outright slaughtered.

It got to the point where I built my own "prison vault" and changed a bit of info in the mod to send and persist the prisoners there instead.

There was also a tranquilizer ammo mod that hooked into the Slaves Stick Around mod, allowing you to knock out NPC's, loot them, and stick a collar around their necks.  When they wake up, they realize what's bolted to their necks, and they hightail it to the prison compound before their heads liquify.

I really, really hope that eventually, I can have something like that again in FO4.  I mean, with settlements, the game seems like it's MADE for an application like this -- a working prison where you can send any undesirable away forever and come back to gloat.  Maybe this time, in their individual cells instead of one big prison pen.

Well for a weapon, you'd have to look for mods that has an on hit effect.

You could look into this mod that has a lot of weird weapons:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19496/?

Or the gun version of Crazy - Sex animations (Well you could even ask him)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/68016-crazy6987-sex-animation/

Edit: I didn't see the op message and update. Removed my version, it's pretty much useless now.

Feel free to to keep it up if you want to, might be a version that works better than mine for some or could give others inspiration/tips on how to fix/develop their own versions. Also thanks for your help and contribution, it's the reason I put the mod up as a "modders resource" so others could use it for making their own projects or variants smile.png

Adding the Abduction-functionality to an object is fairly simple, i used this tutorial to add some scripts to a weapon for my Wintermute mod. If you add the little code snippet for the "SUBDUE" entry in the Abduct perk you can trigger the kneeling (or any other suitiable ones for a knockdown like the bleedout one) on NPCs simply by hitting them with the weapon.

Very intriguing mod!  I hope to see its development or some incarnation of it continue.

There was a mod for Fallout 3 called "Slaves Stick Around".  It expanded the Paradise Falls slave quest in small ways, but had a profound impact on my second playthrough.  It allowed you to mez any NPC (including essential), collar them, automatically send them running to Paradise Falls in exchange for caps, and they persisted in the prison room forever.  The game registered the enslavement as a "death" -- so instead of killing the ever so annoying Colin Moriarty, you could teach him a lesson and just send him to "slaver's prison".  And people think he's dead, but he's very much alive thinking about his life decisions.  You could return to the slave pen at any time and see your "collection".  They didn't do anything, they just kind of sandboxed around.  But I went around dealing "justice" to certain characters who I felt belonged put away rather than outright slaughtered.

It got to the point where I built my own "prison vault" and changed a bit of info in the mod to send and persist the prisoners there instead.

There was also a tranquilizer ammo mod that hooked into the Slaves Stick Around mod, allowing you to knock out NPC's, loot them, and stick a collar around their necks.  When they wake up, they realize what's bolted to their necks, and they hightail it to the prison compound before their heads liquify.

I really, really hope that eventually, I can have something like that again in FO4.  I mean, with settlements, the game seems like it's MADE for an application like this -- a working prison where you can send any undesirable away forever and come back to gloat.  Maybe this time, in their individual cells instead of one big prison pen.

Yes I like to have some form of way for "non-lethal conflict resolution" too, no matter if you want to play an evil slaver or merciful give-another-chance guy/gal it's a pretty important feature that's missing for a lot of RPG/playstyles undecided.gif

As for setting up something similar to a prison have you tried the "Conquest" mod? It can be used to set up custom settlements. I used it to test the first versions of this mod by taking over a raider camp and then sending NPCs there instead of killing them. Since it was an official NPC spot it was navmeshed and all so it worked pretty good with idles and whatnot. Plus it reduces the risk of conflicts by not modifying vanilla settlements to support the functionality directly.

Should be possible to build cells and have them stay in them too if you use anything they can be assigned to and set the work 24/7 flag in the Creation Kit. If you use a mod that allows extra guard furniture like mats you could set up other NPCs simulate having people making sure they stay locked up.

Now that I think about it adding a timer that triggers a random chance for one or more "inmates" to be re-added to any of the hostile factions and trigger a jailbreak would be funny, imagine the player coming back to gloat only to be attacked by bunch of angry armed NPCs from a well fortified prison structure biggrin.png

I don't have any plans atm to add new functionality but feel free to take a poke yourself. Making the Abduction work on more NPCs is fairly simple, just add the workshop-script to them in the Creation Kit and make sure there isn't any conditional check in the perk that blocks it from working on them. You can edit the checks by opening the "_MODAbduct" perk in the CK, click the appropriate action you want to change (in this case "Subdue") and then look at the "Subject" tab. It'll list all the conditions that must pass for the command to work, if you find something causing problems just delete it. The script doesn't run many checks itself but relies on the perk to have done them before triggering it so there is no need to know any papyrus for these types of changes.

Keep in mind though you might have problems with unique NPCs since Bethesda most likely didn't record any intimidation dialogue for actors intended to be immune. Abduction *might* work but silently. Or not at all.

In the case they have to be killed to advance a quest you can do so, verify the quest get completed/advanced, then target them in console and use "resurrect 1" (followed by "moveto player" if they revert back to some far away position) and finally abduct them to their new fate.  I don't think most quest scripts to a retroactive check to revert progress if a NPC suddenly springs back to life but, again, don't do this on your most precious save.

Naturally, the kill, resurrect and moveto bits can be put in the script removing the need for console shenanigans altogether. Should probably add some xp-reward for Abduction too so player progress isn't hampered hmmm

Thanks a lot for the advice!  This will most definitely be a "summer project" for me.  It feels like a lifetime ago since I opened up GECK (my last mod was Followers Relax for FO3, and experimenting with portable radios for my companions so I could page them and have them join me from literally anywhere).  For me personally, the dialogue isn't important.  Just the abduction part.  And maybe there's a way to add a "death" token to occur without having to actually kill them for missions that require it (like the drug dealers in the Silver Shroud missions).

Thanks again!

Can't you apply a script on an npc by using a piece of armor (ie shock collar)?

To me the issue would be more about removing the behaviour from named npc's...  How to stop the X or Y npc to run back to diamond city to sweep the floor because it is it's programmed behavior.

Radiant quest may also be used to add a script and / or override behaviour and would allow freeing them. But how costly it is for the system and if it is feasible is another story....

Can't you apply a script on an npc by using a piece of armor (ie shock collar)?

To me the issue would be more about removing the behaviour from named npc's...  How to stop the X or Y npc to run back to diamond city to sweep the floor because it is it's programmed behavior.

Radiant quest may also be used to add a script and / or override behaviour and would allow freeing them. But how costly it is for the system and if it is feasible is another story....

Correct, however the workshopnpc script is set to "extends Actor" and as such must be attached to an Actor type. The solutions I've found to add scripts to NPCs use either Quests or Magiceffect which have Aliases instead. The script won't even show up in the list as addable by default since it's detected as incompatible. I searched various information, source scripts included, but I haven't found any way to add a script to an Actor besides doing so directly in the GECK.

For NPCs running location specific sandbox packages simply adding a generic one to the _DLC01MODKidnappingQuest might work. Not sure what priority the quest need to override default behaviour. I read somewhere the game picks the first eligible package and if so this shouldn't cause any extra strain.  Optimal would be to remove the ones that shouldn't run but again, unless we can access the Actor directly and delete them I don't know how.

Anyhow, if you want to experiment with overriding sandbox behaviour add the desired package to the KidnappingVictims alias in _DLC01MODKidnappingQuest. Not sure if the quest priority matters, it's rather high by default at 90 though.

For the workshop script, maybe (just maybe) you can force it with FO4edit since there are not as much checks (and probably break the game horribly).

Another approach would be to see if you can add a script (and maybe modified version) to the race that would only trigger when Kidnapped.

Note that I don't know if it's even feasible but sometime if from the bottom you're blocked, maybe there is a way from the top.

Last, but that may be a pain, you could work on a pseudo workshop script (basically a copy paste with modification of the calls) that replace each direct calls to the actor type with an "alias.function()".

Once again I might be saying garbage here, as I don't know much about how papyrus works

For the workshop script, maybe (just maybe) you can force it with FO4edit since there are not as much checks (and probably break the game horribly).

Another approach would be to see if you can add a script (and maybe modified version) to the race that would only trigger when Kidnapped.

Note that I don't know if it's even feasible but sometime if from the bottom you're blocked, maybe there is a way from the top.

Last, but that may be a pain, you could work on a pseudo workshop script (basically a copy paste with modification of the calls) that replace each direct calls to the actor type with an "alias.function()".

Once again I might be saying garbage here, as I don't know much about how papyrus works

Rewriting a custom WorkshopNpc script while possible would take a lot of work. Papyrus uses inheritance so the master WorkshopScript manages NPCs by casting them as Actors with attached WorkshopNpcScripts and then calling the necessary functions e.g NpcMcNpcFace.StartDigging.

If the NPC is a referencealias instead things break meaning one would probably have to write a new master WorkshopNpc script as well I believe. And that probably wont matter either unless one somehow hacks the workshop mode to use both versions. As far as I managed to piece together, not a black belt in script fu

As for forcing attachment of the script using FO4Edit it might be possible. I attempted to attach it to a templated actor that has the script option greyed out in the Creation Kit but couldn't notice any difference ingame and the script list was still empty attempting to verify the change in the CK. Might have missed something, if someone tries it with better results let me know.

Would be nice to remove the workshopnpc actors from the main esp and instead adding optional ones so if you just want to abduct uniquely named actors you pick the one with that and if you just want randomly spawned ones you add that.

Took me hours to put the workshop script on every npc i could find in the ck,but its working pretty great now,this mod is awesome !

I....what..how...and you're still alive? The game didn't blow up? If the savegame is still working feel free to share the modified esp, I could fix it up as an optional esp to the main file for those feeling adventurous. Glad you like the mod, hope it doesn't break anything important hehe

For anyone else wanting to add the workshopscript to many actors check out FOEdit and this link. It has some info and a script that can copy the vmad entry containing the script from one actor to others.

The esp is part of a couple of other mods and i also modified many other things in it,so i cant really share it

But for me it works great,im having great arena fights,named npc's vs raiders,gunners etc smile.png

really thanks alot for this mod

Ah ok, well thanks for the feedback! Good to know the game doesn't go haywire as many, me included, feared with many workshop enabled NPCs in game. Gonna test it myself when I get the chance and if things looks good I'll see about adding more potential victims.

Well I tried to make an xedit script to add the entry but it kinda blew in my face :/

I might look into the Damage threshold that had a script that would add values into the armors but don't hold your breath on me.

That leads me to wonder some things (meaning test to add to the script that would roll npcs):

- What happens with animals npc (ie will we have to exclude them one way or another)

- What happens with child npc (Do they work? If they do it's fair game since there is no sexual content, the choice is yours to abduct or not)

- Can we add by mistake the script a second time, will it crash the script (so a check to disallow this would be necessary)

- If we can will both scripts work at the same time and conflict (which is bad) will the game crash, will it kill performances?

Well I tried to make an xedit script to add the entry but it kinda blew in my face :/

I might look into the Damage threshold that had a script that would add values into the armors but don't hold your breath on me.

That leads me to wonder some things (meaning test to add to the script that would roll npcs):

- What happens with animals npc (ie will we have to exclude them one way or another)

- What happens with child npc (Do they work? If they do it's fair game since there is no sexual content, the choice is yours to abduct or not)

- Can we add by mistake the script a second time, will it crash the script (so a check to disallow this would be necessary)

- If we can will both scripts work at the same time and conflict (which is bad) will the game crash, will it kill performances?

You can actually capture anything in-game (children included). not necessary to use workshopnpc script. Just use a template actor script and set it to workshopsettler something. Make sure that the immune to holdup keyword is DELETED (Took me hours to figure that one out). Otherwise characters like mags black will be UN-abductable.

Yes the main limitation on what you can abduct or not is mainly a check on the perk itself (is human, not robot) but i f you remove that you can kidnap anything with the workshopscript attached. Ran a few tests yesterday and children, mutants, assaultrons and dogs worked. Since it uses the vanilla holdupquest that's shared for wasteland whisperer/robotics expert/intimidate the speech changes according to target.

Also I found a quick way to apply the workshopnpc script to many actors at once including template ones with the script attachment option greyed out

* Get FO4Edit and install the Automation Tools scripts

* Select the Actor(s) you want to modify from the related .esm and copy it as an override into Abduction

* Select the Actor(s) in Abduction, pick "Apply Script" and finally "AT - Quickchange v2.5" (you may have to save and reload the mod first as well as install any dependencies the Automation tools require)

* Then from left to right select "COPY", set file to "Abduction.es", COBJ to "_NPC", the NPC to one of the already workshop enabled NPCs and finally set path to "VMAD"

Done! The workshopscript is now copied to the NPC(s). If it was a script-blocked actor opening the esp in Creation Kit will give warnings about how there is a script attached to an invalid target or something and it won't show on in the Actor view. However in game the script is still attached and working. You can verify by using the "sv" command on the NPC in console and see it running.

Using this I covered most template actors for the random encounters/spawns. Everywhere else, Institute, Diamond City, Prydwen and what not the NPC are generally custom placed without template dependencies so one would have to repeat the process for them. Might be possible to use some other script function to pick all the NPCs in specific cells and copy them to Abduction so one could repeat the above process on them.

Don't think so, it's probably the same issue as with them going randomly hostile against other NPCs. For example when I dismissed an ex-raider NPC that has had all factions removed with "removefromallfactions" in Bunker Hill they'll still initiated attacks on the caravan workers as well as the traveling merchant/doctor.

Might be some command or faction I've missed to add, if anyone figures it out let me know. Worst case scenario it's some hostility setting from the template actor being enforced which would be dangerous to remove or change since it would effect the behaviour of all NPCs not just the Abductees.

There is something else interfering than just the aggression, the Bunker Hill raider had all factions wiped, aggression set to 0 and still went after the Caravanners (but ignored others). Didn't have any other scripts or quests attached from what I could see. Can make things messy pretty quickly even if just one in the group got this problem since if they go bananas after being dismissed the others will most likely do to trying to support their factionbuddy.

Anyhow, uploaded a new version with some safetychecks for faction and aggression settings. Might help dunno. Also added a bunch of other features and NPCs so make sure to read the changelog.

Well setting aggression to 1 stopped my raiders from attacking friendly npcs, been to Diamond city with them and Bunker Hill. But there is another problem. My raiders just randomly get stuck in combat with NOTHING and just stand in one place for ever. If it happens in a settlement i can use the siren to unglitch them after a few tries but if it happens anywhere else they are just stuck forever.