I started using this mod with version .60 and now have updated to .61 and for most everything I will say its beautiful. Excellent work as always. I love your Wintermute mod and it is a "must have" for me. The only thing about Abduction that I am having heartburn with is this.

When I have an abducted npc recruited and following, if I go near a settlement, I see a message like "settlement detected" followed by "outfit 0 is empty" then my follower is "re-rolled" - given a whole new look outfit and face. Even going back to another settlement where I have abducted working I find they too have been changed and are wearing different random outfits.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I have tried applying custom outfits and that may work for awhile but then while approaching a settlement it happens again. Is there a way to not have that happen without creating custom outfits?

Sorry if this sounds vague. I looked back through the forum posts and really did not see anything about this I think.

I started using this mod with version .60 and now have updated to .61 and for most everything I will say its beautiful. Excellent work as always. I love your Wintermute mod and it is a "must have" for me. The only thing about Abduction that I am having heartburn with is this.

When I have an abducted npc recruited and following, if I go near a settlement, I see a message like "settlement detected" followed by "outfit 0 is empty" then my follower is "re-rolled" - given a whole new look outfit and face. Even going back to another settlement where I have abducted working I find they too have been changed and are wearing different random outfits.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

I have tried applying custom outfits and that may work for awhile but then while approaching a settlement it happens again. Is there a way to not have that happen without creating custom outfits?

Sorry if this sounds vague. I looked back through the forum posts and really did not see anything about this I think.

Ooops, my bad -  that's some test code for a gender lock function triggering I forgot to remove. I've uploaded a new version without it, should solve the re-rolling issues and message spam.

Just a heads up, someone has uploaded a mod called "Slavery in the Commonwealth" on Bethesda.Net for XB1. I've had reports it's an old version of Abduction renamed, one that doesn't work on top of that.

While I may upload a console version it will not be in the immediate future since the code isn't optimized for speed let alone tested on XB1 which require some tweaks due to hardware constraints.

This disclaimer is for the current version, whatever older variant the version Bethesda.Net uses will be even less suitable for console use so there is a high risk besides not working IT MAY BREAK THE GAMESAVE COMPLETELY

Just a heads up, someone has uploaded a mod called "Slavery in the Commonwealth" on Bethesda.Net for XB1. I've had reports it's an old version of Abduction renamed, one that doesn't work on top of that.

While I may upload a console version it will not be in the immediate future since the code isn't optimized for speed let alone tested on XB1 which require some tweaks due to hardware constraints.

This disclaimer is for the current version, whatever older variant the version Bethesda.Net uses will be even less suitable for console use so there is a high risk besides not working IT MAY BREAK THE GAMESAVE COMPLETELY

Pathetic attempt xD Thank you for the heads up.

Don't know if this has happened to anyone else, BUT when I did the uninstall option, I got the message that something like 53 abductees were removed. Did I really have that many? I wasn't sure.  Without reloading, I punched it again.  The second uninstall said that 12 (I think) were removed. Huh? Why weren't they removed the first time? Just to be sure, I punched it a third time.  This time, 3 were removed. After I punched it a FOURTH time, I got the message that none were removed. 

The alias containing the ID parsed by the shutdown function isn't cleaned for dead or disabled NPCs so it's normal for it to report a larger number of abductees than those you have alive and kicking in your settlements/game.

As for being able to run it repeatedly did you exit out of the holotape and wait for the shutdown confirmation? Sounds like there was something delaying the scripts, they're very low on the priority list for the game engine.

Were you able to re-abduct them again after having the mod uninstalled btw? The most important thing the uninstall option does is slapping a vanilla keyword on the NPCs that'll remain even with the mod gone so it can find them again if re-installed. As long as that works you should be fine.

Weird stuff:

After installing the new mod, I created a new settings holotape, but it disappeared from my inventory shortly thereafter.  I created a second holotape, reset the system and herded in the strays.  The second holotape did not disappear (yet).

I took a semi-circle path down the left side of the map from Gray Gardens and back to Hangman's Alley.  Abduction attempts: 3 raiders, 3 gunners, 2 rust devils.  Successful attempts: zero.

I had left the corpse of an abductable raider lying where I could find it before the reinstall, so I could use it for purposes of experiment.  Spawndupe on the corpse created an non-abductable raider.  However, when I did a recycleactor instead, the raider was abductable.

I'm pretty well flummoxed, as I have tried everything I can think of.

On the positive side, the slaves do seem more responsive.  Nuka Girl finally agreed to get rid of the old assault gas mask and try on a new outfit. Here's how she looks at present:

post-1735588-0-51440200-1493542036_thumb.png

I was wondering what npc are currently safe to capture ?? i tried a few raiders but all this do is make them go to one of the settlements and only to disspaear after while. not sure why they despawn from my settle also the settlement was 3 when i captured them but when they despawn the settlement nr is back to 0 but abduct are still showing 3 npc and summoning not working since they just dissapeared

I was wondering what npc are currently safe to capture ?? i tried a few raiders but all this do is make them go to one of the settlements and only to disspaear after while. not sure why they despawn from my settle also the settlement was 3 when i captured them but when they despawn the settlement nr is back to 0 but abduct are still showing 3 npc and summoning not working since they just dissapeared

Are the raiders a part of the mod War of the Commonwealth? If so we agreed here that they despawn ^^ If not I don't know.

yes i think it was war of the commonwealth. i do have this mod installed. so i need to avoid these how do i know if they where from this mod i know skyrim had a skse option when using console you could check what mods they are from does something like this excist for fallout4 too ??

Yes WoTC spawns a lot of NPCs and also deletes them to keep the game running so as soon as the NPC went out of your sight it was probably purged.

There is no detailed console information mod as that in Skyrim unfortunately, I've been missing that one too =/

You can however use the console command "sv" to view all quests and scripts that are running on the NPC. By looking at their ids and names it's usually possible to figure out if they're running only vanilla stuff or mods.

If you want to continue using WoTC try the abduct-a-clone function, it should spawn a clone outside that mods control which hopefully should stick around.

Clone can either kill or leave the original as is, the latter is useful if you want to abduct someone important without killing or removing them from whatever they're supposed to do and break quests.

Keep in mind clones of unique NPCs generally won't keep their custom dialogue or functions, just the appearance, since functions handling that in most cases are strictly tied to the original.

More weirdness:

Strolling into Diamond City, two NPCs I had tied up (NOT abducted) in Hangman's Alley popped up beside me.  Don't remember that happening before. (It sometimes happened in other locations, but not Diamond City.)

When I uninstalled, I got a note that Improved Intimidation couldn't find Abduction anymore.  I knew that they were compatible, but is there some kind of dependency I should be looking at?

thanks will try the kill option how does it currently work, i abduct one raider then a clone created and after that the original i abducted gets destroyed right ??

The clone is spawned without equipment and the original is killed (unless essential) so you can grab the gear from it. 

More weirdness:

Strolling into Diamond City, two NPCs I had tied up (NOT abducted) in Hangman's Alley popped up beside me.  Don't remember that happening before. (It sometimes happened in other locations, but not Diamond City.)

When I uninstalled, I got a note that Improved Intimidation couldn't find Abduction anymore.  I knew that they were compatible, but is there some kind of dependency I should be looking at?

Haven't tried that mod or even knew it was supposed to be compatible so you're probably better off asking on its page if the author or any user has noticed something.

Having the NPCs suddenly teleport to your position sounds like they've been given a follow-the-player package by something else, Abduction simply can't do for anyone not registered its system and only then if the player orders it specifically.

I had to disable war of the common wealth it was getting me to many frame dropes. but i had allot of fun abducting npc i got too carried away before i knew it i had 100 npc in sanctuary hill i was surpriced my game was till playable instead 1 fps :D

btw was wondering if there was an option to not have the abducted count on my settlements ??i tried looking at the hollowtape but even if i say not to count it will still make the npc count on my settlemennt.

Glad to hear you managed to get things working  :) 
Hmm the do-not-count function is iffy, it sets the same flag that brahmin who wanders into settlements get but it seems not to work the same on humanoids. Not sure why but it could simply be because the workshop does another check on humanoid NPCs that simply overrides it. From what I noticed making humanoid armor racks that seems to be the case.
On the plus side the fix for those should work for abducted NPCs as well so I'll look into adding that in the next update. 

I had to disable war of the common wealth it was getting me to many frame dropes. but i had allot of fun abducting npc i got too carried away before i knew it i had 100 npc in sanctuary hill i was surpriced my game was till playable instead 1 fps :D

btw was wondering if there was an option to not have the abducted count on my settlements ??i tried looking at the hollowtape but even if i say not to count it will still make the npc count on my settlemennt.

lol 100 npcs :-P but yes the WotC mod will do that... the scripts almost burn off my computer every time I hit downtown :-P luckily it has a lot of settings!