OSA/OSEX or Sexlab

i'm opening this topic because i have no clue where i should ask this question else:

i'm actualy using SexLab for quite a while now and after some starting-problems it works realy well for me.

so here is the question: IS IT WORTH SWITCHING TO OSA/OSEX OR NOT?

i hope peopple can help me with this decision.

0Sex is not a framework.

So do not expect other mods to use it.

Do you want few animations that you can fully control with mouse/hot keys? Maybe you will enjoy 0Sex.

You want all possibilities and integrations? Stay on SexLab.

Keep in mind that you can use both at the same time.

0Sex is not a framework.

Do you want few animations that you can fully control with mouse/hot keys? Maybe you will enjoy 0Sex.

CEO who created Osex has created a new framework called Ascendancy I believe.

So now for all extents and purposes a framework exists although Osex and something else I forget what are the only things on it apparently.I hope other stuff gets created but you have to work with CEO to get it to work if you design something you want to use with Ascendancy.

0Sex is not a framework.

You are mistaken, except about the ability to use both at the same time.  The old OSex has been split in two.

OSA – Flash UI animation framework with API and the ability to define animations, sound and personality via XML

OSA can have modules, module extensions (something that enhances an already existing module), and mods that access them from the API, which does not require, but can use OSA.esm as a master, depending on the preference of the modder.

OSex – an OSA module.

A version of the Amorous Adventures mod has been released that uses the OSex module through the OSA API.  The next version of BBLS uses the OSex module through the OSA API.  Morra has released a pose pack here on LL that is a new module.  CEO has begun work on a Kill Moves module for OSA.

This is why we have asked for a new subforum for OSA.  OSA is currently in the lead for File of the Year on Nexus, so people have no problem finding it.  But, they are having a hard time finding adult modules/extensions/mods that use OSA on LL.

They are not competing solutions; it is not an either/or decision. I run both in my game.

They are not competing solutions from a user perspective.

They are competing solutions from a modder perspective.  For example, animators can choose to make an animation pack for SL or for OSA.  Modders can choose to make a mod that calls SL or OSA.

• 1 month later...

0Sex is not a framework.

You are mistaken, except about the ability to use both at the same time.  The old OSex has been split in two.

OSA – Flash UI animation framework with API and the ability to define animations, sound and personality via XML

OSA can have modules, module extensions (something that enhances an already existing module), and mods that access them from the API, which does not require, but can use OSA.esm as a master, depending on the preference of the modder.

OSex – an OSA module.

A version of the Amorous Adventures mod has been released that uses the OSex module through the OSA API.  The next version of BBLS uses the OSex module through the OSA API.  Morra has released a pose pack here on LL that is a new module.  CEO has begun work on a Kill Moves module for OSA.

This is why we have asked for a new subforum for OSA.  OSA is currently in the lead for File of the Year on Nexus, so people have no problem finding it.  But, they are having a hard time finding adult modules/extensions/mods that use OSA on LL.

They are not competing solutions; it is not an either/or decision. I run both in my game.

They are not competing solutions from a user perspective.

They are competing solutions from a modder perspective.  For example, animators can choose to make an animation pack for SL or for OSA.  Modders can choose to make a mod that calls SL or OSA.

BBLS?

BBLS?

BBLS

This thread is a couple months old, so BBLS has had OSex compatibility for about a month.  It will let you initiate OSex via dialogue by asking for a kiss or a spanking, depending on how friendly you are with the NPC.  It will also give you the option to have "WooHoo" in any of the BBLS double beds if an NPC happens to be sleeping in it.

Next version is due for release within a week or so.  It improves the custom NPC outfit system and doubles the Suite's square footage by adding a lower level with a couple more double beds, where invited residents will sometimes sleep.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ffabris

I would like to try to add OSex support to some of my mods, but currently, the papyrus API doesn't allow me to do the things I need... for example:

• obtaining a list of installed anims run-time so I can trigger specific types of animations
  • some way for papyrus code to be "informed" when an animation ends, so that a story line can proceed

For the sort of mod I write, both these things are essential. There are other things lacking (from my perspective), but those two are the most significant. From a user standpoint, I find the on-screen font way too small.

• 1 month later...

Would it be Possible to make a module for OSA like some of the mods on Lovers Lab such as Defeat of Sanguine's Debauchery? Not asking if anyone's planning to. >.> Actually more wondering, "Is this a thing I could attempt to do myself at some point?"...

Been wanting to break into the mod making scene for awhile now, and I'm finally at a point where I feel like I have a decent handle of related tools and I'm quite fond of those mods, but there are issues I have with SL (dunno if OSEX/OSA will have the same issues) but it's be worth it to me to do something with that to try to see if I like that combination better xD

• 1 month later...

I have a simple question

How do I undress the npc during osex? In the options there is the imple easy menu with the tshirt icon that just says dress/undress that instantly does it but can only see this for the player

How do I undress the npc. Isaw one page that said about pressing num pad 1 but this did nothing. It's for Amorous adventures if this helps. Thx

• 3 weeks later...

Would it be Possible to make a module for OSA like some of the mods on Lovers Lab such as Defeat of Sanguine's Debauchery? Not asking if anyone's planning to. >.> Actually more wondering, "Is this a thing I could attempt to do myself at some point?"...

Been wanting to break into the mod making scene for awhile now, and I'm finally at a point where I feel like I have a decent handle of related tools and I'm quite fond of those mods, but there are issues I have with SL (dunno if OSEX/OSA will have the same issues) but it's be worth it to me to do something with that to try to see if I like that combination better xD

Yes it is possible to create your own framework or what to call it. I think you would have to use osa as the master and use osex for the interactions. I am no modder but thats my guess.

I have a simple question

How do I undress the npc during osex? In the options there is the imple easy menu with the tshirt icon that just says dress/undress that instantly does it but can only see this for the player

How do I undress the npc. Isaw one page that said about pressing num pad 1 but this did nothing. It's for Amorous adventures if this helps. Thx

On the first interaction menu there are 4 options pick the top one called let go of her/him now you will get a new set of options scroll to the right we're you can select to take of a cuirass and etc.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, sorry to bring this back up, but I have problems using both Sexlab and OSA/OSex

Just like the previous post said, when I try to install Sexlab after OSA it brings up that I need to override some files. Don't know what I have to do

I don't remember what I did, but then game crashed practically at every loading screens. (New game was fine though)

Any tips?

Thank you :)

Hey guys, sorry to bring this back up, but I have problems using both Sexlab and OSA/OSex

Just like the previous post said, when I try to install Sexlab after OSA it brings up that I need to override some files. Don't know what I have to do

I don't remember what I did, but then game crashed practically at every loading screens. (New game was fine though)

Any tips?

Thank you :)

Overwrites related to PapyrusUtil. Will be better install OSA, then SexLab. And for 100% to be sure install over them PapyrusUtil ;)

-----------------------------------------------

Some peoples didn't look into OSA/OSEX scripts. It has framework functionality. I'm already playing in my mods with connection to OSA.

You can crate 'plans' that describe sequence of actions: start with kissing, then undress, and so on....

As 'minus-es':

1. Creating 'plans' is a bit non-intuitive

2. Lack of animations variety at current moment.

I'm sure that all this minuses (especially amount of animations) will gone with time.

Also in 'plans' you can send standard 'ModEvents', for orgasm, sperm appearance etc.

So 'plan' is equal to SexLab's 'register animation' function.

And I don't think that OSA/OSEX is replacement of SexLabFramework. They coexists together very well.

Kind Regards.

Archived