editing textures of armor and clothing

Should be easy depending on how it was made. Which mod is it?

May I ask why you want to edit the texture to "remove" the bra...

With texture editing, you could only "hide" the bra.

Editing the mesh with nifskope ( http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope ) will completely remove it.

So your game will not have to load the piece.

***EDIT***

Mod should be  http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36100/? or something similar

Hi . 

I don't think that particular outfit actually has boob mesh under that bra. 

However, 

This mod FNV by Htom Sirveaux  http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36565/? 

and it's FO3 counterpart http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/14506/? 

have Blackrock stuff in pieces within their optional NSNS Special plugins categories. 

Have fun.  

Edit: Added original pic from FO3 version.   :D

post-21864-0-17075000-1470947540_thumb.jpg

May I ask why you want to edit the texture to "remove" the bra...

With texture editing, you could only "hide" the bra.

Editing the mesh with nifskope ( http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope ) will completely remove it.

So your game will not have to load the piece.

***EDIT***

Mod should be  http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36100/? or something similar

i thought the texture was the place where the way the items looks was located, and the mesh was just the shape.  i thought that leaving the texture unedited, would mean that the body underneath, if there was one would still be colored like the black bra

In other words, I do not know what I am doing LOL

it is TTW the family overhaul.

But that was just a example.  I wanted to do this to several armors, like removing the shirt from the cass outfit.

i thought the texture was the place where the way the items looks was located, and the mesh was just the shape.  i thought that leaving the texture unedited, would mean that the body underneath, if there was one would still be colored like the black bra

Well, yes and no...

All latest Bethesda games have nearly the same object structure.

The mesh grid as a base information;

and the texture connected to it.

BUT;

Most of the vanilla armors and nearly every community armor hase more than one "piece" of clothing in its base file.

And every piece can have its own texture, or transperncy or whatever else...

...so "if there is a body underneath (and yes, there is) the body is connected to its own texture, not related to the bra.

You can completly remove the bra-mesh, sparing yourself file-size and graphic-card space.

Try using nifskope.

It´s so easy to use and simple to learn.

There you can try out what pieces of cloth you can simply remove or see which texture you can edit.

Here you got some screenshots, using nifskope

and selecting the bra (and the little bow tie below the bra too, it is a second piece)

then right-click it and take "remove branch" on the bra´s mesh in the base object file.

Bang! The bra, and every texture information connected to it is gone!

save and exit.

And because I just did the work; here´s the cloth file ready to use for you, too...

*** edit ***

I hope I just picked the right base mesh... The original files contained three different versions of this clothing... I simply chose the first one and didn´t test it in game

post-104382-0-66935300-1470951578_thumb.png

post-104382-0-66854000-1470951647_thumb.png

post-104382-0-94984300-1470951769_thumb.png

post-104382-0-17251100-1470951852_thumb.png

NO BRA TTW The Family Overhaul v1dot1-60762-V1.rar

Well, yes and no...

All latest Bethesda games have nearly the same object structure.

The mesh grid as a base information;

and the texture connected to it.

BUT;

Most of the vanilla armors and nearly every community armor hase more than one "piece" of clothing in its base file.

And every piece can have its own texture, or transperncy or whatever else...

...so "if there is a body underneath (and yes, there is) the body is connected to its own texture, not related to the bra.

You can completly remove the bra-mesh, sparing yourself file-size and graphic-card space.

Try using nifskope.

It´s so easy to use and simple to learn.

There you can try out what pieces of cloth you can simply remove or see which texture you can edit.

Here you got some screenshots, using nifskope

and selecting the bra (and the little bow tie below the bra too, it is a second piece)

then right-click it and take "remove branch" on the bra´s mesh in the base object file.

Bang! The bra, and every texture information connected to it is gone!

save and exit.

And because I just did the work; here´s the cloth file ready to use for you, too...

*** edit ***

I hope I just picked the right base mesh... The original files contained three different versions of this clothing... I simply chose the first one and didn´t test it in game

Alright i will give it a try and report back.

Thank you everyone for the help!!!  

i do not know about easy with nifskope.  I loaded the NIF, but it looks all white no colors like yours, i can not seem to get it bigger either.  

I will keep trying.

White colors are rather simple;

I REALLY HOPE you are using "Mod Organizer" or "Nexus Mod Manager" to keep your files sorted...

But if you do, the default installation of nifskope does not recognize the texture paths.

Simply search for your mod files and copy the file you probably need with the folder tree starting in your "~~NewVegas/data" folder.

( i. e. Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout New Vegas\Data     \"textures"\"Great new Mod"\"FileXYZ.dds" )

Nifskope should find the files there.

( Just remember to put them back where you got them after you finished, to keep the correct order )

Else hit the "rendering" butten in the toolbar,

select "settings"

Now a window should pop up.

select "rendering" from this new window

there you should see the textue folder paths and play around with it a while.

As for "get it bigger"?

I can use middle and right mouse butten in the animated window...

Don´t know anything else...

Archived