Nexus NEW!!

winny257

• 2 weeks later...

Every site that I have encountered that is run by someone from the UK is run exactly the same way. They have something you really want there and pretend you can just come in there and talk about anything, then you get in there and they shit all over you. They try and force their understanding of right and wrong on you which is of course their biases only and that snoberator attitude that only they can provide. The best thing to do is not waste time on any message board hosted by someone from the UK or hosted in the UK.

Are you casting a judgement there on all people residing in the UK or are you just assuming that every British member who hosts a website is a jackass ?

Whichever way your leaning on this post of yours I can assure you it's entirely false, a persons locale does not make them who you perceive them to be online, that is an extension of the character and personality and perhaps it has been soured by so many dealings with angry people. Your best advice is to avoid any website/message board hosted in the UK or by a citizen of the UK ?

Do we really need this level of geographical segregation going on ?

On a more related topic however, I am looking forward to the new style of Nexus, it looks like it's finally being brought into this generation.

@Rebel Marauder

YES lol.

Seriously though it is dam annoying trying to use a message board run by and especially hosted by UK people they just think they are always right and their ideas of what you can and cannot say are absolute and the only way to decide what anyone can say. I guess this comes from their society where if you beat up a home intruder you go to jail or was it if you shoot one? The snobbery and bad attitude is so thick with those kind of message boards it just isn't worth the trouble of using them. Of course I have met people from there who don't do that sort of thing but it seems to be a big problem with their message boards. I am thinking it is their screwed up laws that limit speech driving them though. Whatever it is I fucking hate it and refuse to put up with it. Ask anyone from india what they think of someone from the UK and you might get where I am coming from although I am not from there or implying that. I have seen historical documentaries about india and the UK where people from india even professors and their university being asked questions about their history just sit there and sound like the average pissed off person instead of a professor when answering those questions.

I have also talked to many africans in my time that can't stand them either. One african told me how he spent his youth there in university and the books they were reading about famous black people in history did not even mention they were black or show pictures of them. He chastised his professor one day for this very thing and that guy didn't have anything to say at all. I'm not trying to start somethin here I'm just sayin it ain't worth the trouble if the attitude is there and it ain't worth supporting a site like that in any way when there are so many other sites around now.

I'm a long time member on a forum which is hosted by some UK folks. They have always been fair to people and banning happens for good reasons (ie, the person was a dunce and did something they really shouldn't have). They don't just ban people for no reason either, there is a tally system depending on number of offenses... And all the rules are very clearly laid out!

In short, I don't agree that all people in the UK are big headed and will abuse their powers when moderating websites. :classic_tongue: Anyone can be a douche bag and do that sort of thing, it doesn't matter where they're from.

As for Nexus' layout... I really couldn't care less about this sort of blocky flat color kind of layouts that are the big thing these days. I mean why? Why would you want a computer to look like a goddamn phone when it's much more powerful and can do more things? Same question I find myself asking every time I see what Windows 10 looks like. And for some reason it's the big thing now... this boring minimalistic style. :shrug:

Where the community on Nexus is concerned, honestly I don't have a whole lot of experience with it. I post nice comments on mods I like, ask for help getting mods to work if I can't. I don't feel any need to be nasty about anything or to anyone... but that pretty much goes for anywhere I go internet or not. I'm not sure what it takes to get banned on Nexus if it really is that easy, but I don't care to find out either. Too many mods there that I like to keep up on, plus my own is there now too... I don't want to lose access to it if it came to that. I'd be pretty damn pissed if it's true that they don't respect mod authors enough to take down their mods if/when banned. That'd be a pretty dick move to make.

If they really do treat people like crap there it'll come back around to them someday if there's anything fair in the world. :classic_tongue: Karma and all that.

I'm a long time member on a Tomb Raider forum (none other than THE tombraiderforums.com actually) which is hosted by some UK folks. They have always been fair to people and banning happens for good reasons (ie, the person was a dunce and did something they really shouldn't have). They don't just ban people for no reason either, there is a tally system depending on number of offenses... And all the rules are very clearly laid out!

In short, I don't agree that all people in the UK are big headed and will abuse their powers when moderating websites. :P Anyone can be a douche bag and do that sort of thing, it doesn't matter where they're from.

As for Nexus' layout... I really couldn't care less about this sort of blocky flat color kind of layouts that are the big thing these days. I mean why? Why would you want a computer to look like a goddamn phone when it's much more powerful and can do more things? Same question I find myself asking every time I see what Windows 10 looks like. And for some reason it's the big thing now... this boring minimalistic style. :shrug:

Where the community on Nexus is concerned, honestly I don't have a whole lot of experience with it. I post nice comments on mods I like, ask for help getting mods to work if I can't. I don't feel any need to be nasty about anything or to anyone... but that pretty much goes for anywhere I go internet or not. I'm not sure what it takes to get banned on Nexus if it really is that easy, but I don't care to find out either. Too many mods there that I like to keep up on, plus my own is there now too... I don't want to lose access to it if it came to that. I'd be pretty damn pissed if it's true that they don't respect mod authors enough to take down their mods if/when banned. That'd be a pretty dick move to make.

If they really do treat people like crap there it'll come back around to them someday if there's anything fair in the world. :P Karma and all that.

It has just to some minor extent to do with the Anglo-American citizenship of the administration of the Nexus but largely with the U.S. sponsors, Dark One's "new friends" as he called them whose authoritarian political agenda found its way into the forums in late 2008, not just their commercial advertisements. Money money, it's so funny! Not unsurprisingly this was directly followed by a proverbial u-turn in the board policy, new well-adjusted moderators and a hard-fought collapse of "free speech" and mass banishments of roughly a million people of all age in the years to come. The largest member faction on the Nexus was born - the banned - and the restrictive dogma of "administrative immunity" against all critique, especially well-founded one, got established.

Wanna live long over there 'cause it's favorable? Keep a low profile, some sort of mimicry will do nicely.

Hope this helps.

It has just to some minor extent to do with the Anglo-American citizenship of the administration of the Nexus but largely with the U.S. sponsors, Dark One's "new friends" as he called them whose authoritarian political agenda found its way into the forums in late 2008, not just their commercial advertisements. Money money, it's so funny! Not unsurprisingly this was directly followed by a proverbial u-turn in the board policy, new well-adjusted moderators and a hard-fought collapse of "free speech" and mass banishments of roughly a million people of all age in the years to come. The largest member faction on the Nexus was born - the banned - and the restrictive dogma of "administrative immunity" against all critique, especially well-founded one, got established.

Wanna live long over there 'cause it's favorable? Keep a low profile, some sort of mimicry will do nicely.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I've heard enough stories here to know to keep my opinions to myself. I think I criticized a mod once and the comments were removed (and I didn't just crap all over them, I just voiced my opinion in a pretty constructive way, I thought). Personally I like getting criticism or advice for improving, because that's how you grow and learn. As long as it's respectful and constructive, I don't see what the big deal is. I've been an artist all my life and so, I'm no stranger to getting all sorts of comments about my work. If people are rude you just ignore them (like anything on the internet or in real life).

But I guess some people have thin skin and don't want to hear anything negative... ever. Which is silly, but if they'd rather cower in the corner and want only to be washed with praises that's their choice. They'll just have to get used to being disappointed lol.

Anyway... thanks for the advice. :) That's pretty much why I come here when I want to discuss anything Skyrim or modding related in general... I don't trust Nexus to let me do so without dire consequences should I ever say something someone doesn't like. It's like walking on eggshells there.

You can have your mods removed if you prove it's you. All you have to do is tell Dark0ne to verify your IP and he'll know it's you and have your mods removed. I've done it when I closed an account in the past and requested this on a later account.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, I've heard enough stories here to know to keep my opinions to myself. I think I criticized a mod once and the comments were removed (and I didn't just crap all over them, I just voiced my opinion in a pretty constructive way, I thought). Personally I like getting criticism or advice for improving, because that's how you grow and learn. As long as it's respectful and constructive, I don't see what the big deal is. I've been an artist all my life and so, I'm no stranger to getting all sorts of comments about my work. If people are rude you just ignore them (like anything on the internet or in real life).

But I guess some people have thin skin and don't want to hear anything negative... ever. Which is silly, but if they'd rather cower in the corner and want only to be washed with praises that's their choice. They'll just have to get used to being disappointed lol.

Anyway... thanks for the advice. :) That's pretty much why I come here when I want to discuss anything Skyrim or modding related in general... I don't trust Nexus to let me do so without dire consequences should I ever say something someone doesn't like. It's like walking on eggshells there.

This I know too well, a negative utterance about a mod, but properly formulated and entitled.

This mod was faulty!

These posts have been deleted and I was warned.  :lol: 

Justification of the moderator: Authors are always right and I would have to this mod do not use!  ;)

This thread was originally about Nexus's proposed new layout, and it should return to that topic.

LL's not the Nexus complaint department, so complaining about Nexus moderation around here is entirely pointless. What's more, all LL's ever got out of that is people over at Nexus always getting pretty moody about LL always being mean to Nexus, and somehow or other it's all LL staff's fault, no matter that we keep telling people to quit being mean to Nexus.

Got a problem with Nexus: take it up with Nexus. Thanks.

This thread was originally about Nexus's proposed new layout, and it should return to that topic.

[snip]

Got a problem with Nexus: take it up with Nexus. Thanks.

This is hardly a well-meant recommendation, and you doubtlessly know it or at least should - it's a death warrant, people simply don't make it for a week under fire over there, at least not on the average. And the involved have no place to go and talk about what had happened, the key to make peace with the past, finally. I for one understand this and overlook the problem that those folks always, always go off topic to give voice to their pain and anger to cool down when the wounds are still fresh and bleeding. Bear with them, don't send 'em to their slaughter or hang 'em out to dry. Thanks.

This is hardly a well-meant recommendation, and you doubtlessly know it or at least should - it's a death warrant, people simply don't make it for a week under fire over there, at least not on the average. And the involved have no place to go and talk about what had happened, the key to make peace with the past, finally. I for one understand this and overlook the problem that those folks always, always go off topic to give voice to their pain and anger to cool down when the wounds are still fresh and bleeding. Bear with them, don't send 'em to their slaughter or hang 'em out to dry. Thanks.

Nexus is not Afghanistan, and LL is not a PTSD self-help group.

As to bearing with the Nexus bashers, I wonder for how much longer, or even why. They certainly haven't done LL any favors over all this time, painting us as solidly anti-Nexus. This obviously fuels anti-LL resentment over at Nexus, which impacts us in a myriad of ways.

Anyway, back to topic please.

I can't say I miss the good ol' days or make any comparison because I wasn't there, I started using Nexus just a few months ago, so far my only problem with Nexus is their mod manager. It really pisses me off. I updated the damn thing and now, mods that I used to have and worked properly, the stupid thing doesn't add them. I just get some "can't be added" bullshit with absolutely no feedback as to why in the hell it can't be added. 

I'm welcoming the new design it's about time they updated their site, I'm more the kind of person who likes things to be upbeat and animated (no I don't mean that kind of animated (animated = lively))

I think the whole grey scale monotone colors can be conceived as depressing, it's less true if the image is something that is spread out on a vast area, but when everything is compacted into such a small area it feels claustrophobic in a way.

Bring about the change and let's see what this new direction turns into.

Wow :o Alright, fair enough. Sounds like you've had your history with them so I won't get into it.

I personally haven't run into a problem with the Nexus community or its moderators because I rarely post anything there. I just grab mods and go off on my merry way lol. If I do post anything it's usually because I'm asking for help or offering a suggestion, but otherwise I rarely post feedback especially if they're negative.

Me neither, as you said, I only post for questions or suggestions. Talking about suggestions, that's the best way to go instead of a negative comment. I have a mod that allows me to loot and interact with things in vampire lord form, but I can't open the map with it. Instead of posting something like "This mod sucks cause I can't use the map", I'd say something like "Would be nice if we were able to open the map as well, if possible". Haven't got banned yet, so I assume it works like a charm. LOL Definitely there are mods out there I find so objectionable that, I don't bother commenting on.

Oh, they made a new UI. Whoop-de-doo, same hostile community, same hypocritical moderators.

I've never been personally banned from there, but holy shit is that community one of the most judgmental I've ever been a part of. I just wanted help with a furry MLP-related mod I was working on, and they tore me a new one, getting all up in my personal life as a disgusting furry degenerate and stuff. It was not a very welcoming place. And their reaction to any mods even slightly adult is complete outrage for some reason. Felt like I was surrounded by teenagers.

LL is way better, they don't judge here. I'd never use Nexus if the majority of the mods weren't there.

Wow :o Alright, fair enough. Sounds like you've had your history with them so I won't get into it.

I personally haven't run into a problem with the Nexus community or its moderators because I rarely post anything there. I just grab mods and go off on my merry way lol. If I do post anything it's usually because I'm asking for help or offering a suggestion, but otherwise I rarely post feedback especially if they're negative.

Me neither, as you said, I only post for questions or suggestions. Talking about suggestions, that's the best way to go instead of a negative comment. I have a mod that allows me to loot and interact with things in vampire lord form, but I can't open the map with it. Instead of posting something like "This mod sucks cause I can't use the map", I'd say something like "Would be nice if we were able to open the map as well, if possible". Haven't got banned yet, so I assume it works like a charm. LOL Definitely there are mods out there I find so objectionable that, I don't bother commenting on.

It does work like a charm, being nice never killed anyone. I still see people posting crap like "Your mod sucks it broke my game" and to be honest they get roasted pretty quickly by people who know what the fuck their talking about, It's always been the same thing though most people with an ounce of sense would know that if you don't agree with something someone has done (for themselves I might add) then you don't pass judgement on it and you move along like a normal human being, everyone has something different that gets them through the day.

Oh, they made a new UI. Whoop-de-doo, same hostile community, same hypocritical moderators.

I've never been personally banned from there, but holy shit is that community one of the most judgmental I've ever been a part of. I just wanted help with a furry MLP-related mod I was working on, and they tore me a new one, getting all up in my personal life as a disgusting furry degenerate and stuff. It was not a very welcoming place. And their reaction to any mods even slightly adult is complete outrage for some reason. Felt like I was surrounded by teenagers.

LL is way better, they don't judge here. I'd never use Nexus if the majority of the mods weren't there.

We all judge something or someone in some capacity or another and there is no denying that. While the nexus has it's fair share of brash people it is not alone in this, I have met so many friendly people on the nexus all of whom would willingly give up their time to communicate with me and offer help or even take the time out to ask for help and their level of politeness is outstanding.

LL may be a nicer community but even that is subjective and I personally wouldn't go as far to say that there isn't any judgemental people here at all, that would be like saying there is no snow in Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort

We all judge something or someone in some capacity or another and there is no denying that. While the nexus has it's fair share of brash people it is not alone in this, I have met so many friendly people on the nexus all of whom would willingly give up their time to communicate with me and offer help or even take the time out to ask for help and their level of politeness is outstanding.

LL may be a nicer community but even that is subjective and I personally wouldn't go as far to say that there isn't any judgemental people here at all, that would be like saying there is no snow in Whistler Blackcomb Ski Resort

Of course, I never said it was an absolute. Just what I saw time and time again. There's judgmental people here, too, as with everywhere, but the levels of judgment are definitely lower. It's a ratio, not an absolute.

It's probably because Nexus is more mainstream and less focused on adult stuff.

Adult communities in general tend to be a bit less judgmental from my experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived